Banana Vanilla Softserve and Roasted Sweet Potato Rounds

Roasted Sweet Potato Rounds

Enter 1 long-n-skinny sweet potato.

Then I peeled it and sliced it into uniform about 1/4th inch slices, and made fry shapes out of 3 peeled carrots.  Put in a roasting pan with foil.  Don’t forget to line with parchment or foil unless you like doing dishes with lotsa scrapity scrap of food chunks.

I sprinkled about 1 Tbsp Each of Cinnamon & Ground Ginger, couple twists o’ cracky blacky, and then drizzled about 2-3 Tbsp EVOO over the top.

I covered the veggies with another piece of foil across the top and roasted ‘em at 400F in the oven for 40 minutes.

Then I uncovered them, flipped em, added a little….and roasted for another 15 mins uncovered.

At this point, if you made a glaze of 2 Tbsp Lime Juice, 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup or Agave, 1 Tsp of Cumin, 1/2 Tsp of Chili Powder or Cayenne you’d have awesome Tex-Mex inspired Sweet Potato Wedges.  Let that glaze cook on those taters for the last 10-15 minsand you’re so in.  I was feeding these to a husband who isn’t thrilled with Tex-Mex but rock it out in your casa.

Voila, really delish.

Here’s dinner…spiralized zuke noods with the Herbalicious Goddess Dressing, tomato & cuke chunks snuggled up next to the roasted sweetie potatoes and carrots.

Some other eats that were really simple, really awesome.  A bed of greens, a few B.S., tomato chunks, carrots, cukes, red & yellow pepps, and dressed with OJ, Agave, and Cracked Black.  I love basic, colorful salads with simple sweet dressing.  It’s music to my tastebuds.  And my tummy.

Earlier I had also made a Breakfast Cookie.

Mix and wait

A day later, enjoy.

[print_this]

Banana Vanilla Softserve (vegan, gluten-free)

Serves 2

2 frozen bananas, in chunks

2 teaspoons bourbon vanilla extract

1/4 c granulated sugar, optional

1/4 c milk, nutmilk, or water, optional – add this only if needed to get your machine “going” if it seems like it’s working too hard to break down and liquify the bananas

Combine all ingredients in blender, Vita-Mix, or food processor and blend or process until creamy. Serve immediately.

[/print_this]

After blending the VitaMix for 30 seconds

Yum!

Have you ever made softserve in a blender?

29 Responses to “Banana Vanilla Softserve and Roasted Sweet Potato Rounds”

Breanne — September 27, 2009 at 9:00 pm

Those look sooo good! I love desserts with coconut! yumm!

Anne — September 27, 2009 at 9:04 pm

You make me want a dehydrator so much! Those macaroons look so delicious :D

VeggieGirl — September 27, 2009 at 10:21 pm

I could go for some of those macaroons – yum!

shelby — September 27, 2009 at 10:31 pm

You have totally outdone yourself girl! Those look bangin!

Scarlatina — September 27, 2009 at 10:33 pm

Averie,

You are so cute! I love reading your blog. Those macaroons look scrumptious… I'd definitely like to 'win' some! I haven't taken the step of buying a dehydrator. I have my Blendtec and food processor, and that's as far as I am going right now. I still cook a lot of my veggies but mainly only eat fruits, veggies, and beans. All vegan but not all raw. I can't seem to give up beans!

Jenny — September 27, 2009 at 10:34 pm

I bet those pups would be so good with some PB (or sunbutter) Okay so I def. have a one tracked mind.

Enjoy the rest of your day Av :)!

Cara — September 27, 2009 at 11:32 pm

I woud love a contest to win some, I don't have a dehydrator and am DYING to try some!!!

I did what I wanted this weekend, sleep, cook, read, watch tv and it was fabulous!! Even turned off the phone!! It made me VERY happy!!!

Abby — September 28, 2009 at 12:02 am

Delicious! I could certainly go for some asap!! As for your question on my bloggy, I live right outside Chapel Hill NC but I don't consider myself a Southerner. We just moved a year ago from good ol Pittsburgh PA. Have a super Sunday :)

glutenfreeforgood — September 28, 2009 at 12:06 am

Wow, I love this. I'm a healthy eating, yoga practicing, gluten-free-er as well. I even have the same dehydrator. Perfect — I'll try these vegan blondie macaroons of yours. They sound (and look) delish! Thanks!
    Melissa

Shannon, Tropical Eats — September 28, 2009 at 1:00 am

ooh I would definitely love the blondies hookup lol. They sound very yummy!

This weekend I did a whole lot of studying.. nooo fun. :( What delish macaroons!

lilveggiepatch — September 28, 2009 at 2:48 am

Lordy lord, lady, you stay up late! I've had many a late-night baking sesh, too, though… I kind of like being up in the kitchen when no one else is.

Your blondie macs look SO GOOD. I'm so obsessed with coconut now it's ridiculous.

Have a great night!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — September 28, 2009 at 3:45 am

Thank you all for the love on the blondies and the bloggie :)

They are really yum and I wish you all coulda come over for one.

Thanks so much for your kind words. I just had a rude comment on my yoga post and not sure if I should let it stay up or delete it. For the seasoned bloggers, what do you do? Or even the unseasoned bloggers, if you get rude comments…do you let them stay up or not?

Deb (Smoothie Girl Eats Too) — September 28, 2009 at 4:47 am

Re. The rude comment- you know I told you…delete delete delete!

What a nightmare about the drippage- that happened to me with my old dehydrator- it actually MELTED the plastic!!? I had to throw it away! I even had parchment on the trays.

Aren't there special liners you can buy?

I think the two secret ingreds are almond butter and hmmmm ?cacao powder? Do tell!

Michele | aka Raw Juice Girl — September 28, 2009 at 4:59 am

Wow, girl, you've been blazing a dehydrated trail with that machine of yours! I've so been lovin' your posts and all these awesome, creative recipes! I'm just trying to catch my breath from this whirlwind my life is right now. I'll be back to regular posting and commenting soon–promise!

Hugs,
    Michele

taleoftwovegans — September 28, 2009 at 5:08 am

Mmm, those macaroons look amazing! You sure are getting your moneys worth out of that dehydrator. This weekend my boyfriend drove up to visit me (I live in Canada, and he goes to school in the states), which was totally super. I love giveaways, and it would be awesome to have a chance to try a raw cookie, since I've never tried one – buuuut, international shipping is a beast. I'm sure one of your american readers would love to be hooked up with those macaroons, though! :)
    -Eve

ABB — September 28, 2009 at 7:23 am

Hey sweet lady, just wanted to stop by and say hi… Your treats are still looking so sweet, and I can't wait to try your peanut sauce when I get the chance and remember to pick up ACV at the shops… Oh and I really really wanna know the secret ingredients to your coconut balls, I'm a recent coconut convert after never being overly crazy about the commercial sweetened stuff, and I'd love to give these a try too. Catch ya soon xx

insideiamdancing — September 28, 2009 at 12:24 pm

You are killing me here. I am guessing almond meal and flax? Am I close?! Look delish. Please fly to NY next week :D

Hayley — September 28, 2009 at 12:55 pm

Holy macarooni Batman!! Those look WAY better than the regular joe schmo macaroons I've eaten. Man I could go for one of those right now. You are seriously dedicated to stay up until almost 2am making those!

I need to go check out this other peanut thai sauce you made. I also need to make your green dressing from the other day, your raw apple crumble (as soon as Chris gets all this damn birthday cake eaten) and a bunch of other stuff. My fridge runneth over!

daisychain — September 28, 2009 at 1:30 pm

I found your blog through Victoria Hart,

these looks gorgeous, hope you don't mind a new follower

shannonmarie — September 28, 2009 at 2:30 pm

I'm lucky that both my kids can sleep through my crazy loud Blendtec. It actually puts Hayden to sleep.

As for my guesses for the two secret ingredients, I'll say cinnamon and some kind of nut butter. Am I on the right track?

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — September 28, 2009 at 2:36 pm

Hayley you crack me up girl :)

Daisychain, by all means I LOVE new followers girl, thanks for stoppin by and finding me!

Shannon- Neither of your guesses are correct.
    Deb-You're correct on 1 guess.
    InsideDancing-You're correct on 1 guess.
    Keep the guesses coming! Now you can cross-reference each other's guesses if you're sleuthy (or care LOL)

Alisa - Frugal Foodie — September 28, 2009 at 2:44 pm

You must stop enticing me with all of these sweets when I can't bake for a week!

Mandi — September 28, 2009 at 3:13 pm

These look amazing! I made raw peanut butter macaroons a few weeks ago. I will be trying these this weekend. Thanks so much, and love your blog!

insideiamdancing — September 28, 2009 at 4:40 pm

I know the second ingredient! It's LOVE!!!!!!

A — September 29, 2009 at 4:41 pm

Hi!!! I'm new to your blog. I JUST got a new Excalibur Dehydrator. I've been stalking blogs looking for recipes. I LOVE the macaroon idea! I'm also going to try crackers soon. Check out my blog to see my first 2 experiments so far- apples and grapes. Yumo! :D
    -A