5 Minute Raw Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Here’s an easy, no-bake, quick little recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies that taste almost like oatmeal raisin cookie dough, but they’re safe to eat raw because they’re vegan, and oh so good.

[print_this]

5 Minute Raw Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies – or Cookie Dough Balls (Gluten, Soy, & Dairy Free)

1/2 c dry oats (most oats are not technically raw but source true raw oats or certified gluten-free oats, if desired)
1/4 c pitted medjool dates (about 4-6 juicy, fresh dates)
1/4 cup raisins
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I say, yes!)
Yields: 12 small cookies, feel free to double the recipe

Optional Add-Ins & Extras:
Coconut flakes at the end
Coconut flakes in the mixture
Put Chocolate/Carob Chips in the mixture or hand-press some in at the end
Roll in carob/cocoa powder/cocoa nibs
Use gogi berries instead of raisins or another dried fruit like cranberries, craisins, apricots
Omit the dates and just use 1/2 c raisins if you don’t have dates
Dash of agave or coconut oil if mixture is too dry

[/print_this]

First, lightly grind or pulse the oats & then add the medjools in your VitaMix or food processor

Blend again

Then add in the raisins & cinnamon, vanilla extract if you choose.  Blend again.

Here’s what your oats-medjools-raisins dough looks like

Take your dough out…

…and form into cookie pattiesor balls

Containerize or pack for on the go lunches, snacks, what-ev.

I thought they were looking a little naked.  So I decided to garnish each cookie with a few raisins.

Ahhh, much better.

Voila, enjoy!

15 Responses to “5 Minute Raw Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies”

Abby (Abbys Vegan Eats) — November 9, 2009 at 12:31 am

whoo hoo.. I emailed ya btw! :)

Jess (Fit Chick in the City) — November 9, 2009 at 12:59 am

Congrats, to Abby!

The Dainty Pig — November 13, 2009 at 2:42 am

Averie! Love your blog.

I am a fellow ashtanga yoga practitioner/instructor, and I have been totally diggin' your pose of the day, and your eats. Had my hand at your balls (hehehe), and am addicted. Posted about them (http://www.thedaintypig.com)and made sure to give you props! Just wanted to say hi, and thanks for the great blog!

~the dainty pig

Dz — April 22, 2012 at 9:05 am

i used craisins because i didn’t have any raisins and the recipe still was delicious! :-)
    Thanks for posting it! Happy EARTH DAY!

Christy@SweetandSavoring — August 3, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Averie! I know this is a super old recipe, but I was looking for something quick and easy for gluten-free friends tonight, and looked through your bars and then the no-bake balls until I found this one. Had my doubts as I was combining the ingredients (hard for me to ‘trust the process’!), but they turned out wonderfully! I used a mixture of raisins and dried cranberries instead of dates, as that’s what I had on hand. I also grated in some fresh nutmeg, and added about a tablespoon each of coconut oil and honey to moisten the mixture up. Afterward, I rolled half the balls in cocoa powder and the other half in confectioner’s sugar- we loved them! Thanks so much! Making these oatmeal balls again for sure :)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 3rd, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Between you and one other girl, Ive had more 2009 recipes remade in the last week than I think in the last year :) She made some ‘overnight brownie protein oats’ and some vegan/GF pancakes and you with these cookie balls. The photography is frightful, I know – LOL But at least the recipe still works, right! So glad you enjoyed them!

Heidi — August 14, 2013 at 11:26 am

Made these last night and had one today with my lunch! Fabulous! I think I will dock down the cinnamon just a tad though. Great quick recipe!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 15th, 2013 at 2:12 am

Glad you liked them and yes, dial down the cinnamon, to taste. I love it & use it plentifully :)

Sarah — July 18, 2014 at 4:06 pm

I know this is an old recipe Averie, but count one more happy tester! I didn’t have raisins so used more dates and some coconut oil and it was delicious. And so easy — thanks again!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — July 19th, 2014 at 3:48 am

Glad you enjoyed this ‘antique’ recipe :)