Tribute Post 1: Photos From Readers’ Who’ve Made My Recipes

How are you doing today?  I’m doing great!  As I mentioned, I got hired at a local gym to teach yoga and today I did all my HR Paperwork and drug screen.  It’s quite ironic to me that as a yoga teacher, I needed to do a drug test.  Since getting pregnant with Skylar nearly 4 years ago, I have not drank alcohol.  At all.  Unless vanilla extract countsLet alone any doing anything else.  But I know they need to test for these things, it’s just kinda funny.  I like to think of myself as a poster child for clean living.  Unless Raw Vegan Chocoalate Turtles count.

Speaking of which, I am so happy those were a hit!  I guess I’m two for two this week on remakes of store-bought candy.  Ahem, did I hear anyone say Raw Vegan Peanut Butter Cups?   Anyway though, thanks for the lovely comments on the Raw Vegan Turtles!

Today in honor of all the readers who’ve written me to tell me they were going to make some of my recipes and actually did so, and then posted their version of my original recipes on their blogs, I’m featuring those readers who’ve sent me links & pictures.

*This is an Open Call Going Forward because I would like to do more of these types of posts, so if you make a recipe of mine, take a picture, email it to me, and I’ll get it published here.  If you have a blog, you don’t need to do anything more than just send me the link.  I will just “lift” the picture from your blog because I am sneaky that way.

So without further ado, here are the Reader Pics.
Each pic has two links:  First, the link back to the Reader’s Blog
And the Second Link goes back to the place on my Blog where the Original Recipe is Posted.  Enjoy!

Karin of Give Me Bananas Made My Raw Vegan Chocolate Mousse Recipe

SNB12020

Erin of Living & Love LA sent in a pic using my Chia Pudding RecipeLove the Raspberries on top!

And Erin sent in her take on My Raw Vegan Apple Crumble Recipe

And Erin sent her pics from my Raw Vegan Chocolate Coconut Snowballs Recipe

Mama Pea used My Kale Chip Recipe

And Mama Pea made  My Raw Vegan Peanut Butter Cups Recipe

So did Rachel (who doesn’t have a blog, sorry Rach can’t link ya anywhere)

Angel of Angelic Monkey made My Version of A Breakfast Cookie (for Gina’s Inspiration, click here)

Abby of Abby’s Vegan Eats Made My Banana Gluten & Soy Free Vegan Banana Nut Muffins

Heather of Heather Eats Almond Butter made a version of my Broccoli Salad & Vegan Slaw Dressing

IMG_3501.JPG

And Heather tried her hand at My Dairy-Free & Vegan Coconut Milk Countertop Kefir

Coconut Milk Kefir

Lori & Michelle, the Pure 2 Raw Twins, made their version of My Vegan Gluten & Soy Free No-Bake Pumpkin Pie

Devan of Watermelon Tequila made my Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls

Michele of Healing with Raw Juices made my Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding

raw vegan chia seed pudding recipes

raw vegan chia seed pudding, vanilla, thick

Katie aka Lil Veggie Patch made My Raw Vegan Dark Chocolate Snowballs
Chocolate Snowballs

Hayley Made My Raw, Vegan, No-Bake, Gluten & Dairy-Free Cheesecake
CIMG4562

CIMG4561

Cindy got in on the Raw Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Action

Bekah made my Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough BallsTiny balls down there. TWSS.
DSCF0392.JPG

And Bekah tried my Kale Chip Recipe

DSCF0212.JPG

This lady and dear friend, Alison of Mama’s Weeds, has been a huge fan and supporter of mine!  Check out some of the recipes of mine she’s created…

Alison made My Raw Herbalicious Goddess Dressing

Bottled Goddess Dressing

On a Salad
Alison Made Banana Nut Balls for Breakfast using My Maple & Flax “Pancake” or Balls 5-Minute Recipe
Banana Balls

Alison Created Chia Pudding from my Chia Pudding Recipe

Spoonful

Alison Made Chocolate Donut Holes using My Raw Vegan 5-Minute Chocolate Donut Hole Recipe

Chocolate Donut Holes

Alison Made Pumpkin Donut Holes using My Raw Vegan 5-Minute Pumpkin Spice Donut Hole Recipe

Pumpkin Donut Holes

And while making her MamaBars, Alison remembered a tip of mine….  To Refrigerate Dough for a half hour if it’s too difficult/tacky to work with
Banana Bites

Erika of Dancing Around the Kitchen Made My Raw Vegan Cheesecake
food 188

Yoga Today shows my Gratitude to Everyone who reads my blog. Thank you, Namaste Friends!
Garbha Pindasana

What’s your Proudest Recipe or your Biggest Recipe Success Story?  For me, I am pretty proud of the Raw Vegan Peanut Butter Cups, the Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls, and the Kale Chips

But honestly, I am most proud of the fact that I cook.  When my husband met me 10 years ago and he opened my fridge, and there was nothing in it except water, hot mustard, and maraschino cherries.  Cupboards?  Triscuits, Peanut Butter, Vodka, Tequila.  Cooking meant putting Cheerios in a bowl and adding milk.  I dined on Triscuits with PB, Triscuits with hot mustard, and vodka with cherries.  Fast forward 10 years, I am a kitchen appliance junkie, there is nothing I am scared to make, I love to create things from scratch with just an idea in mind, and I make nearly 100% of everything I eat from the ground up.  So that’s my kitchen success story.  What’s yours?

Stay Tuned For A New Appliance & A Kitchen Tour & Mini Review Post of my Appliances.  And Part 2 of Readers’ Photos Will be Posted This Weekend…

79 Responses to “Tribute Post 1: Photos From Readers’ Who’ve Made My Recipes”

Katie — February 27, 2010 at 4:41 am

I like to make oats with nut buttah! And, peanut sauce for Asian noodles.:)

Courtney — February 27, 2010 at 5:24 am

I like to make peanut butter balls with my nut butter. Yumm….

Michal — February 27, 2010 at 2:34 pm

I love making pb smoothies, and smearing it to make banana sammiches :)

Ashlei — February 27, 2010 at 8:13 pm

I love to cook with nut butters! They are great in any baked goods really: muffins, cookies, pies, cakes, or raw treats!

Michele | aka Raw Juice Girl — February 27, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Nothing beats old-fashioned peanut butter cookies!

Lele — February 27, 2010 at 10:48 pm

My fave thing is peanut sauce for noodles, mm!

Dianna — February 28, 2010 at 5:51 am

i love cooking with almond butter! i put it in my marinara sauce!

Lena — February 28, 2010 at 2:35 pm

usually i make no bakes but i love making sesame peanut noodles too!

FoodFitnessFreshair — March 1, 2010 at 4:48 am

I cook a lot with peanut butter. I love to make coconut milk peanut sauces, as well as use it in baking.

Rika — March 1, 2010 at 4:55 am

I put my pb in oats to "cook" ;D

Vegan Valerie — March 1, 2010 at 8:39 am

You know, I've never gotten very creative with nut butters. If I'm not using it to make a sandwich than I'm using it to make a baked cookie. Neither is very interesting. Not like what you do, Averie. But I am excited to learn more. In that last couple of months, I've tried out more recipes and ingredients and techniques than I have my whole life! It's been quite the learning experience, and even fun and delicious! I love living this crazy vegan adventure! It's comforting to know that staples like nut butter are not cruel to the animals. Although they do tend to fatten US up if we over eat it, don't they?! :)

Love you, Averie!

mel — March 1, 2010 at 4:08 pm

If I cook with nut butter…well I rarely do, but if I do i probably use it to make a sauce for roasted vegetables or use it in a pie.

dragonmamma — April 9, 2010 at 1:49 am

I am so happy to FINALLY know out how to get flax seeds into my family's diet on a daily basis. I've been making the almond/flax seed balls (with variations) on a regular basis, and telling my husband and son that they HAVE to eat at least three a day. (Hah! It's a trick to get them to STOP at three.) One day I rolled them in cocoa; then I substituted sunflower seed butter for the almond butter; today I added raisins. THANK YOU for such a great, easy, fun-to-play-with recipe!

Food Makes Fun Fuel — May 22, 2010 at 12:59 am

I make cookies with it

Natalie — May 22, 2010 at 1:57 am

I've made this recipe before: http://thisprimallife.com/2009/10/primal-almond-butter-pumpkin-brownies-only-5-ingredients/ using almond butter. I love pumpkin AND almond butter, this was perfect!

ebarave — May 22, 2010 at 2:51 am

I love to use nut butter in my baking when I am cooking. Especially in cookies. Yum!

katie — May 22, 2010 at 4:51 am

only thing I ever bake with almond butter is cookies.

chuck — May 22, 2010 at 5:15 am

My favorite way to cook with nut butter is putting almond butter on baked sweet potato with marshmallow fluff

Daidai — May 22, 2010 at 9:04 am

I would probably put peanut butter in thai stir fry if I were to use nut butter in cooking (and not baking!)

Elizabeth — May 22, 2010 at 5:01 pm

I would bake peanut butter cookies. They are my absolute favorite.

dragonmamma — May 22, 2010 at 10:46 pm

I frequently throw a spoonful of sunflower butter into one of your ball recipes in place of honey or agave. Mix and match!

lisa — May 23, 2010 at 8:06 pm

I use peanut butter to make a sauce for stir fries.

Kady @ Livin, Lovin, Learnin — May 24, 2010 at 8:40 pm

I make my own granola bars all the time and PB is almost always the star player. I try a new recipe almost every week! I definitely need to try your Almond Butter Cookies!

Amanda (WannaBe Chef) — May 24, 2010 at 9:29 pm

I don't cook with nut butter very often… in fact, I can't even think of something I've made recently! I would rather just eat it out of the jar ;-)

Beth — May 25, 2010 at 7:08 pm

I make cookies, bars, oatmeal (nut butter as topping), soft serve, and cakes.
    Can't go wrong with nut butter

shirley — May 26, 2010 at 7:54 pm

i've used nut butter in raw oatmeal cookies, but for 'legit' cooking, i've also used tahini to coat carrots before baking them into fries. and peanut sauce is always a winner…in fact, i tried combining it with coconut milk to make a luscious peanut coconut sauce for my stirfry! yum!

Emily J — May 28, 2010 at 2:02 pm

I make cookies, cakes, frosting, granola bars, and savory noodle dishes with nut butters.

Anonymous — November 26, 2010 at 1:50 am

This is the kind of thing I try to teach people. Can I count on a sequel?