Tribute Post 1: Photos From Readers’ Who’ve Made My Recipes

How are you doing today?  I’m doing great!  As I mentioned, I got hired at a local gym to teach yoga and today I did all my HR Paperwork and drug screen.  It’s quite ironic to me that as a yoga teacher, I needed to do a drug test.  Since getting pregnant with Skylar nearly 4 years ago, I have not drank alcohol.  At all.  Unless vanilla extract countsLet alone any doing anything else.  But I know they need to test for these things, it’s just kinda funny.  I like to think of myself as a poster child for clean living.  Unless Raw Vegan Chocoalate Turtles count.

Speaking of which, I am so happy those were a hit!  I guess I’m two for two this week on remakes of store-bought candy.  Ahem, did I hear anyone say Raw Vegan Peanut Butter Cups?   Anyway though, thanks for the lovely comments on the Raw Vegan Turtles!

Today in honor of all the readers who’ve written me to tell me they were going to make some of my recipes and actually did so, and then posted their version of my original recipes on their blogs, I’m featuring those readers who’ve sent me links & pictures.

*This is an Open Call Going Forward because I would like to do more of these types of posts, so if you make a recipe of mine, take a picture, email it to me, and I’ll get it published here.  If you have a blog, you don’t need to do anything more than just send me the link.  I will just “lift” the picture from your blog because I am sneaky that way.

So without further ado, here are the Reader Pics.
Each pic has two links:  First, the link back to the Reader’s Blog
And the Second Link goes back to the place on my Blog where the Original Recipe is Posted.  Enjoy!

Karin of Give Me Bananas Made My Raw Vegan Chocolate Mousse Recipe

SNB12020

Erin of Living & Love LA sent in a pic using my Chia Pudding RecipeLove the Raspberries on top!

And Erin sent in her take on My Raw Vegan Apple Crumble Recipe

And Erin sent her pics from my Raw Vegan Chocolate Coconut Snowballs Recipe

Mama Pea used My Kale Chip Recipe

And Mama Pea made  My Raw Vegan Peanut Butter Cups Recipe

So did Rachel (who doesn’t have a blog, sorry Rach can’t link ya anywhere)

Angel of Angelic Monkey made My Version of A Breakfast Cookie (for Gina’s Inspiration, click here)

Abby of Abby’s Vegan Eats Made My Banana Gluten & Soy Free Vegan Banana Nut Muffins

Heather of Heather Eats Almond Butter made a version of my Broccoli Salad & Vegan Slaw Dressing

IMG_3501.JPG

And Heather tried her hand at My Dairy-Free & Vegan Coconut Milk Countertop Kefir

Coconut Milk Kefir

Lori & Michelle, the Pure 2 Raw Twins, made their version of My Vegan Gluten & Soy Free No-Bake Pumpkin Pie

Devan of Watermelon Tequila made my Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls

Michele of Healing with Raw Juices made my Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding

raw vegan chia seed pudding recipes

raw vegan chia seed pudding, vanilla, thick

Katie aka Lil Veggie Patch made My Raw Vegan Dark Chocolate Snowballs
Chocolate Snowballs

Hayley Made My Raw, Vegan, No-Bake, Gluten & Dairy-Free Cheesecake
CIMG4562

CIMG4561

Cindy got in on the Raw Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Action

Bekah made my Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough BallsTiny balls down there. TWSS.
DSCF0392.JPG

And Bekah tried my Kale Chip Recipe

DSCF0212.JPG

This lady and dear friend, Alison of Mama’s Weeds, has been a huge fan and supporter of mine!  Check out some of the recipes of mine she’s created…

Alison made My Raw Herbalicious Goddess Dressing

Bottled Goddess Dressing

On a Salad
Alison Made Banana Nut Balls for Breakfast using My Maple & Flax “Pancake” or Balls 5-Minute Recipe
Banana Balls

Alison Created Chia Pudding from my Chia Pudding Recipe

Spoonful

Alison Made Chocolate Donut Holes using My Raw Vegan 5-Minute Chocolate Donut Hole Recipe

Chocolate Donut Holes

Alison Made Pumpkin Donut Holes using My Raw Vegan 5-Minute Pumpkin Spice Donut Hole Recipe

Pumpkin Donut Holes

And while making her MamaBars, Alison remembered a tip of mine….  To Refrigerate Dough for a half hour if it’s too difficult/tacky to work with
Banana Bites

Erika of Dancing Around the Kitchen Made My Raw Vegan Cheesecake
food 188

Yoga Today shows my Gratitude to Everyone who reads my blog. Thank you, Namaste Friends!
Garbha Pindasana

What’s your Proudest Recipe or your Biggest Recipe Success Story?  For me, I am pretty proud of the Raw Vegan Peanut Butter Cups, the Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls, and the Kale Chips

But honestly, I am most proud of the fact that I cook.  When my husband met me 10 years ago and he opened my fridge, and there was nothing in it except water, hot mustard, and maraschino cherries.  Cupboards?  Triscuits, Peanut Butter, Vodka, Tequila.  Cooking meant putting Cheerios in a bowl and adding milk.  I dined on Triscuits with PB, Triscuits with hot mustard, and vodka with cherries.  Fast forward 10 years, I am a kitchen appliance junkie, there is nothing I am scared to make, I love to create things from scratch with just an idea in mind, and I make nearly 100% of everything I eat from the ground up.  So that’s my kitchen success story.  What’s yours?

Stay Tuned For A New Appliance & A Kitchen Tour & Mini Review Post of my Appliances.  And Part 2 of Readers’ Photos Will be Posted This Weekend…

79 Responses to “Tribute Post 1: Photos From Readers’ Who’ve Made My Recipes”

Jess (Fit Chick in the City) — November 23, 2009 at 2:10 am

Averie! First off all of your creations look amazing as always! Secondly, thank you for your comment today on my post. I'm totally in the same boat as you, I read more posts than I actually comment on. I try to sort of "round robin" my commenting. There are just so many great blogs out here, that its hard to comment on them all.

eaternotarunner — November 23, 2009 at 2:11 am

Those cookies look awesome! (and so do your veggies as usual)

Hayley — November 23, 2009 at 2:12 am

I've come to the conclusion that making your desserts is very dangerous – they disappear within minutes!!! This isn't to say that I have a house full of people eating them, either. I can't seem to control myself around your deliciousness!! Those almond butter cookies look waaaaaay too yummy…

Heather — November 23, 2009 at 2:18 am

Yummy almond cookies!!!! You've gotta tell me where you find your vegan caramel syrup because I am in desperate need of some!

Holly — November 23, 2009 at 2:22 am

ummm i actually DO have all these ingredients on hand! i may have to give these a shot for the big t-day this week!

that side yoga pose is ridic. how long did it take you to really feel like you had mastered many yoga moves and made progression?

yay for artfests – those are my fave!

Kate — November 23, 2009 at 2:50 am

mmm… Those cookies are like the raw version of some I posted on my blog last week. I'll have to try them out!

Jessica — November 23, 2009 at 2:53 am

Hey girlie! So glad you got your yoga in today. :) Those cookies do look absolutely delicious!

To answer your question on my blog, I never really had a hard time 'telling client's' how it is. I am compassionate to a point, but I also don't really take any crap. They are obviously coming for a reason, so if they don't feel like pushing themselves and my motivation isn't helping, I'd rather not deal with them and take on the clients who want to change themselves, ya know?

I do agree that it is difficult and different in yoga!

GF Gidget — November 23, 2009 at 2:54 am

HOW DO YOU DO THAT ANGEL POSE?! I would fall on my face! hahaha
    I made your peanut butter cups today, but I used too much chocolate and not enough nut butter. I will try again soon.

greensandjeans — November 23, 2009 at 2:58 am

man lady, the pics of those cookies are making my drool! can't wait for wednesday!

MarathonVal — November 23, 2009 at 3:03 am

Those cookies look sooo good!! I almost wish I DIDN'T have all of the ingredients on hand, since I know soon I will make them up only to gobble them up with my husband in about 5 minutes flat, like with your choc. peanut butter cups ;)

TheFitnessFreak — November 23, 2009 at 3:45 am

Why do I torture myself like this? I am now drooling over these yummy pictures as I sip my lemonade, really!

I wish I could let more things slide. I am an obsessive, picky,
    perfectionist. It's gonna kill me one day I just know it; ) My all or nothing personality doesn't help because I feel like if I let one thing slide the whole house will come tumbling down. You're right, I need to get over it. Maybe I'll splurge and put a few vegan Chocolate chips on my almond cookies and use some pumpkin puree :o) Thanks for the permission!!

Love ya',

Nicole

Anonymous — November 23, 2009 at 4:02 am

I may back off my "raw cranberry orange" relish I am supposed to be bringing to the get together. i think I am going to try and make it again but bring the other just in case.

and people are funny about their stuffing so I am a little apprehensive to bring my apple cranberry one.

I don't know..at the moment I am a little freaked by it all.

that and our desserts we are hosting. I might just go get a pie and make a few other things.

I am glad you gave your tips today. i needed a reminder.
    SHEW.

definitely going to try your almond cookies.

do you keep almond "flour" already ground up to use or do you grind it as you go? and do you just use raw almonds? did you soak them first?

THANKS AVERIE!

Cindy — November 23, 2009 at 4:02 am

anon is ME…not sure what happened.

oh well. no incognito going on here…just lazy fingers!

Living and Loving in L.A. — November 23, 2009 at 5:34 am

Yum, Averie! Another winner! I hope you had a great weekend…I went running, hiking, shopping at the farmer's market, you know, the usual.
    Can't wait for your Thanksgiving desserts!!!
    Oh, by the way, I announced the chia seeds winner, and she is so excited to try your puddings!!

Devan Geselle. N — November 23, 2009 at 6:19 am

great post averie! we should never have to sweat the small things.. because its so true.. in a week, a month, whatever.. no one will care if I braided my hair, or wore it in curls.. or made chocolate chip cookies vs. shortbread. Its how you FEEL and how you go in with confidence and proud of what you have accomplished. Each day everyone has accomplished something. You did AWESOME hot yoga, and loved each moment. Thrive on that!! and thrive on your stellar recipes :)

love you

Erica — November 23, 2009 at 7:23 am

Another awesome dessert receipe! And love the salads. On the starbucks front- when I get syrup- I go full sugar. I think the fake stuff is way worse for you in the long run than a little sugar! SO with you on that. I agree that the pumpkin spice is strong- I get less pumps than what the usually put in ;)

Gena — November 23, 2009 at 12:06 pm

Oh, Averie. That is a pose (one of many) I fear I'll never master!

VeggieGirl — November 23, 2009 at 12:12 pm

More great yoga poses, more great cookies… FABULOUS!!

This year, I'm going to let my stressing slide.

tam — November 23, 2009 at 12:35 pm

Those cookies look fab! Your a yoga inspiration! What an amazing holding pose unbelievable! x

Abbys Vegan Eats — November 23, 2009 at 12:46 pm

Hey Averie! First off, Im loving your tip of the day. I could not agree more. No one will notice the crap you stress about.. its useless. This year is going to be totally stress free, for me, though. It's just the hub and I. I need to impress NO ONE! lol

I love today's recipe. So easy and they sound/look amazing. I have a list of things I want to make over my few days off and this might be going on it. You could use little cookie cutters to make them "festive" for the season. (hello raw vegan almond butter santas!)

Enjoy your day ;)

vegaia — November 23, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Check out this uplifting and inspiring video on why people choose vegan: http://veganvideo.org/

Also see Gary Yourofsky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bagt5L9wXGo

Sheri (Green and Crunchy) — November 23, 2009 at 2:31 pm

Averie, I would seriously like to crawl into your head a bit and see how to think of these amazing recipes! You are a Raw Dessert Guru and every one of your creations impresses me :)

We love love love raw cookies and make them often…sometimes I pop em in the dehydrator a bit just to warm them. These ones you've posted are next on my 'to try' list…they look so good that I don't think they'll make it into the dehydrator for a warm-up!

Glad you had a sweaty and awesome yoga class and a fabulous family day — thanks for sharing your lovely sweet life with us all :)

xo Sheri, who is off to make Averie-cookies!

K from ksgoodeats — November 23, 2009 at 2:40 pm

You did it again with the AB cookies!! I haven't had AB in so long – I'm starting to feel withdrawal effects.

Artfest sounds like fun!! We have stuff like that in the summer around here and some ideas that people have are brilliant.

Hope you have a great Monday :)

shelby — November 23, 2009 at 3:29 pm

Aww, the cookies look so cute with the little chips on top! Not to mention DELICIOUS!

*Naomi* — November 23, 2009 at 3:37 pm

did you wrap those up to send them my way?!?!?!?! hehe OMG they look so delicious!!!!

I am really going to cherish this thanksgiving with my family and realize hwo lucky I am for all of us to be as close as we are, both relationship wise and in proximity (we all live in Boston) :)

Julie — November 23, 2009 at 4:27 pm

for meee i'm just gonna sit back, relax & enjoy the holiday with my family :) stress free's the way to be girl!

those cookies look faboosh. gonna have to hit those up with some pb action. and the topping are a stellar addition!

Bekah — November 23, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Love the almond butter cookies! I already use almonds instead of cashews for the cookie dough, so it kind of already reminded me of almond butter, eating it. Like a sweet oaty-vanilly almond butter ball. haha. But this recipe looks good too.

Ah, I am SO in agreement with the non-stress, relaxing.. When I first got into cooking, I would HAVE to follow each recipe like exactly, grocery shopping was a TRIP. Same thing with making everything, and everything from scratch. Now, I usually look in my fridge, and plan my meals around that, no recipe needed!:) (Except for maybe your broccoli salad,or coconut snowballs.)

Stephanie — November 23, 2009 at 5:20 pm

LOOOOVE the cookies. My coworkers have no idea that their upcoming Xmas baked goods will be raw!
    BODA weight loss

Thinspired — November 23, 2009 at 5:22 pm

Hi Averie! I know I haven't been a deligient reader/commentor lately, but I just wanted to stop by and say hi :) Also specifically wanted to let you know that I am really looking forward to hearing about your vegan desserts for Thanksgiving! I think I am going to try to do a mini-feast this year despite the craziness with the move. I have a can of pumpkin to use up—don't let me down! ;)

lilveggiepatch.com — November 23, 2009 at 5:36 pm

Mmm, those little cookies look so yummy! I'd love to be the lucky hostess who gets those.

Great tip for de-stressing. I also need to do that.

glidingcalm — November 23, 2009 at 6:23 pm

mmmmmmmmmm love those veggies!!!!

the cookies look amazing, so cute with the double chip decorations!!!

also, you are totes making me miss hot yoga!! i used to do it 4 times a week in chicago RIGHT after i quit skating….and now i want to start but it is SOO expensive!

maybe i nthe summer when i have more time!!

LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU AVERIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Melissa — November 23, 2009 at 7:04 pm

Everything you make looks absolutely WONDERFUL!!! My mouth is always watering! I am inspired by not only how yummy your food looks but how healthy, I am taking baby steps to a more healthy food lifestyle! Luckily my DH will try almost everything once! Also, I am in awe of you and your beautiful yoga poses! I am very new to yoga and do not yet look graceful when I practice, but I am inspired by your poses!

peacelovenutrition — November 23, 2009 at 9:12 pm

Hey Averie-

I just stumbled upon your blog today and your such an inspiration! I love all the healthy sweets you make. (I'll have to try them one day myself) And i just started getting back into Yoga today. It's amazing how even 1 day of practicing it again makes me feel so rejuvenated.

xo
    JOcelyn

healthhappinesshope — November 23, 2009 at 9:46 pm

My goodness! Those cookies sound AMAZING Averie. I SUCH an almond butter girl… it has such a distinct taste that you just don't get with other nut butters!

xxoo
    Heather

ohonemorething — November 23, 2009 at 10:15 pm

Hey there good lookin'! I can't wait to hear about what you do for Thanksgiving. You come up with such fabulous creations. Major props to you on that ;) And where'd you get those butterscotch chips you speak of? They sound so good! I'm actually having my mom bring up some of my baking goods from FL because I know they don't use them lol. They'll be like.. why do you have a bag of white chocolate chips??

ANYWAY! Your Sunday sounds like it was really nice. I like just strolling around and looking at things and if someone catches your eye then you can ask about it :)

Jenny — November 23, 2009 at 10:39 pm

the garnish on those cookies makes them extra special :) It's the little things!

Great thought of the day! I am notorious for getting overly stressed and anxious, especially around the holidays. It's the perfectionist syndrome. Thanks for the insight and reminding me to just BREATH! as you said, will I remember what food I ate in the thanksgiving of '09? probably not, but will I remember the time I spent with my family.. more than likely :)

Love you, Av!!!!!

RunToTheFinish — November 23, 2009 at 11:04 pm

Hey Avery. I set a serving as one whhole piece of fruit or overflowing cup of greens. Honestly you have an amazing diet but many people are still learning and many of my readers are not yet hitting those servings, so I hope the challenge will help teach them how

Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter) — November 23, 2009 at 11:51 pm

Um, major yum. Yeah, you were totally right about your weekend salads…I didn't care about them too much after those brilliant almond butter cookies. ;)

Enjoy your Thanksgiving with the hubby and precious daughter, and thanks for the reminder not to stress over the little things.

Anonymous — November 24, 2009 at 12:43 am

Looking forward to Thanksgiving with my son and future DIL. She's got a new food blog with a great new cooking hook. We're shopping at Nashville's International Market and cooking S. Africa's National Dishes for Thanksgiving. I'll recommend your site to her; I'm sure she'll love it. Happy Thanksgiving to all your dear family. Thanks for your great effort!

N.D. — November 24, 2009 at 2:01 am

yum on the cookies – i've been using the almonds instead of cashews

Janetha — November 24, 2009 at 9:57 pm

the art festival sounds fun, i love those. they don't do anything like that around here now that it is winter! those babies are so cute. i love that you called them "naked" haha. i think i am afraid i would have the problem hayley mentioned.. but i really should make something soon for my vegan buddies. maybe for thanksgiving. i havent even unpacked the vita or food processor at the new house yet, that is how busy i have been. i still need to make your cheese cake too. ugh. i am such a loser.

oh snap, the next post looks like it is just what i need to see!

iheartgazelles — December 22, 2009 at 7:45 am

Um those cookies look absolutely AMAZING. I don't have hardly any of the ingredients, but I should go buy them…hmm…

- Ava

Nicole — February 27, 2010 at 12:01 am

Those cookies look amazing. I love making cookies with nuts butters, especially almond and peanut butter.

Food Makes Fun Fuel — February 27, 2010 at 12:45 am

My favorite thing to make with PB is 5-ingredient wheat free cookies, since they retain the flavor the best

Nothing of the Sort — February 27, 2010 at 1:19 am

I've used almond butter in stir fry to create that nutty flavor – but never in cookies! It seems as though I should though :D

moretolifethanlettuce — February 27, 2010 at 2:04 am

i love cooking with nut butters, sweet and savory! sweet applications are pretty obvious and way too many to list, but savory i really like pb mixed with tamari and maybe thinned out a touch with an acid like vinegar or lemon juice and then put on tofu/veggies/brown rice!

babyvanilla — February 27, 2010 at 2:23 am

If I cook with nut butter, I usually make these:
    PB chocolate chip cookies!
    But they are not vegan…:p

CinciMom11 — February 27, 2010 at 2:53 am

I haven't cooked with nut butter yet, but I'm thinking about making cookies soon!

Katie — February 27, 2010 at 3:42 am

I cook with nut butter…when I can tear myself away from the jar long enough to use it for good.

Ava — February 27, 2010 at 4:15 am

I like making sauces with pb!