Guest Post: Diana of Soap & Chocolate Vegan Peppermint Patties
How has your weekend been, bloggie friends? Hopefully you didn’t do too much running around in search of the ever-elusive “Perfect Holiday Gift” for that special someone. And hopefully you stayed warm! It’s plenty warm where I am. If you’re just tuning in, I’m in Aruba. Things have been awesome here! In my post yesterday I recapped everything from some Beach Pictures
To Some of the Chocolate I’ve both Seen…
And some Fruits & Veggie Plates, Too
…it’s so fitting that my Guest Poster today, the awesomely creative and ever-inspiring Diana from Soap & Chocolate, tweaked my PB Cup Recipe and came up with her own Amazing Dessert Recipe! Enjoy and I will chime back in at the end…
Averie very kindly did a guest post for me while I vacationed in Japan recently. She is the ultimate raw and vegan dessert master–did you see her raw-veganized peanut butter cups from a while back? I was so impressed by that post that I half-jokingly suggested she do the same for my favorite candy, peppermint patties. She then came up with a recipe for raw vegan chocolate-peppermint donut holes for her guest post on my blog, and I was so excited that she’d indulged my favorite flavor combo that I made them right away. Delish, obviously!
2. Melt in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Sweeten to taste, if desired (a few teaspoons of agave would probably do it). Stir until smooth.
3. Distribute chocolate among four paper cupcake liners on a plate, coating the bottoms evenly. Transfer plate to the fridge.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
5. Remove the cupcake liners from the fridge (they should have set fairly solid by now) and top each with a small blob of filling, about 1/2+ tbsp (you will have a little filling leftover, what for instant gratification and such).
6. Melt another two squares of Baker’s chocolate as per Steps 1-2. Distribute melted chocolate overtop each blob of pattie-guts, covering the filling entirely.
7. Return patties to the fridge to set completely, or do like I did and freeze for 15 minutes so dessert comes sooner!
Next time, I will probably sweeten the Baker’s chocolate. I’m all about intense dark chocolate, but apparently I’m not man enough for 100% just yet! 1/2 cup chocolate chips would also work in place of Baker’s chocolate as well, as Averie noted in her PB cup post.
Thank you soooo much, Diana, you rock, this recipe is off the hook, and I cannot thank you enough for sharing it! Muah!!!!!!
Yoga Today is Supta Virasana (Reclining Hero Pose). Great for runners or anyone who just wants to get in for a deep quad stretch. Also, this pose is excellent for letting go of things mentally & emotionally, for relaxing, and just letting your mind release. Love this pose for that!
Continuing with the relaxing, releasing, and letting go theme (and if you missed my Tip of the Day yesterday, that’s another one for stress relief)…
Today’s Tip of the Day: Feeling stressed? I recently read that the physical act of lighting a candle is soothing and stress-reducing. So next time you need a little breather, go light up. No, not that kind. Candles!
And for a little extra relaxation, scented candles are awesome. Relaxing and mellowing fragrances/essential oils include:
Lavender, Jasmine, Vanilla, Ylang Ylang, Chamomile, Sandalwood, and Rose.
Here’s a site I stumbled on if you want to read more about calming scents.
Stay Tuned For A Sweet Give Away…