Coconut Water Sports Drink
Skylar was hamming it up for me today.
Kale Chips Recipe
Also tons of Product & Cook Book Reviews
Today’s Recipe and Fun Facts…
I know that many people in the ‘sphere love coconut in many forms: Coconut Oil, Coconut Butter, Coconut Water, Coconut Milk, Coconut Flour.
Today’s recipe uses Coconut Water as a “Nature’s Gatorade” of sorts. Science and Health lesson first (source):
Coconut Water is naturally:
- Low in Carbs
- 99% Fat Free
- Low in sugars
- Coconut Water is more nutritious than whole milk – Less fat and NO cholesterol.
- Coconut Water is More Healthy than Orange Juice – Much lower calories.
- Coconut Water is Better than processed baby milk – It contains lauric acid, which is present in human mother’s milk.
- Coconut water is naturally sterile – Water permeates though the filtering husk.
- Coconut water is a universal donor – Its identical to human blood plasma.
- Coconut Water is a Natural Isotonic Beverage – The same level we have in our blood.
- Coconut water has saved lives in 3rd world countries thru Coconut IV. In fact, during the Pacific War of 1941-45, both sides in the conflict regularly used coconut water – siphoned directly from the nut – to give emergency plasma transfusions to wounded soldiers.
- Coconut water is the very stuff of Nature, biologically Pure, full of Natural Sugars, Salts, and Vitamins to ward off fatigue and is the next wave of energy drinks. And, natural.
- Coconut water contains more potassium (at about 294 mg) than most sports drinks (117 mg) and most energy drinks.
- Coconut water has less sodium (25mg) where sports drinks have around 41mg and energy drinks have about 200 mg.
- Coconut water has 5mg of Natural Sugars where sports and energy drinks range from 10-25mg of Altered Sugars.
- Coconut water is very high in Chloride at 118mg, compared to sports drinks at about 39mg.
- Great hangover remedy because of the high potassium
Coconut watercontains organic compounds possessing healthy growth promoting properties that have been known to help:
- Keep the body cool and at the proper temperature.
- Orally re-hydrate your body, it is an all natural isotonic beverage.
- Carry nutrients and oxygen to cells.
- Naturally replenish your body’s fluids after exercising.
- Raise your metabolism.
- Promote weight loss.
- Boost your immune system.
- Detoxify and fight viruses.
- Cleanse your digestive tract.
- Control diabetes.
- Aid your body in fighting viruses that cause the flu, herpes, and AIDS.
- Balance your PH and reduce risk of cancer.
- Treat kidney and urethral stones.
- Boost poor circulation.
Coconut Water Natural Sports Drink Recipe
1 Tsp Salt (sea salt is preferred but any will work)
The Flavoring Elements: Pick One or a Combination
2 Tbsp Lemon, Lime, or Orange Juice
For an Energizing Replenishing Sports Drink, Steep 1 bag of your Favorite Tea in the mixture
Add Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Stevia Drops for Vanilla Coconut Water Sports Drink
Add Coffee or Hazelnut Extract
Add a Pinch of Ginger for an Anti-Inflammatory Sports Drink. (Ginger is a power anti-inflammatory and very soothing to sore muscles)
Add 1-2 Tbsp of Your Fave Juice, i.e. Pomegranate or Grape or Apple
Combine all ingredients and stir. Chill if desired or serve immediately.
The Flavor combinations are endless…
All You Really Need is Coconut Water, a Pinch of Salt, and then Flavor it How You See Fit.
3 Ingredients: Coconut Water, Coconut Milk, and Kefir Starter. And it sits on your countertop.
It is so easy and the fermented coconut milk kefir is so good for you with all kinds of healthy bacteria; nature’s probiotics! Not to mention you will not have to shell out the big bucks for the store-bought Coconut Milk Kefir anymore!
Have you ever tried coconut water or coconut oil?