Alphabet

I have had a wickedly busy day:

40 minute Workout (20 minute outdoor run + yoga/core work at home)

Target

Marshall’s (got four more plates so now I have a set of 8 plates for $25 bucks!)

Grocery Store

Cooked a great dinner.  To be blogged about tomorrow.

And have just been going, going, going.  And still have to go to my paid job.

Today is the perfect day for the Alphabet.  I saw Gabriela post about it and she got it from Shannon.

Now it’s my turn to give you the Alphabet of Averie with some corresponding food for some of the letters:

Age: old enough to know better than to put my birthdate on the internet

Almond Butter Cookies (Raw, Vegan, GF)

Bed Size: king

Chore you hate: sweeping dead bugs off the garage floor

Cucumber Wraps

Dogs: none

Essential start to your day: checking email

Favorite Color: pink

Fudge Balls (Raw, Vegan, GF)

Gold or Silver: gold!

Height: 5’10″

Hummus – 4 ingredient

Instruments You Play: tenor saxophone (well), piano (not well)

Job Title: crazed maniac

Kids: 1

Kale Chips

Live: San Diego

Mom’s Name: Marsha

Nicknames: not fit to print

No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Bars

Overnight Hospital Stays: after giving birth, I stayed until 6am and checked us out, asap.

Pet Peeve: Directionless/aimless/lolly-gagging people who block the sidewalk/roads and are oblivious to it

Pancakes (Vegan & GF)

Quote from a Movie: I don’t watch movies.  I read blogs.

Right or left handed: right

Roasted Cinnamon & Sugar Chickpea “Peanuts”

Siblings: 1 younger sister

Special K Bars

Time You Wake Up: about 5 hours after I go to bed.  This varies greatly.

Tofu – Pumpkin Honey

Underwear: commando

Vegetable You Dislike: onions

Vanilla Softserve

What Makes You Run Late: too much to do, too little time to do it.  And having a child compounds this, greatly.

X-Rays You’ve Had Done: teeth, head/concussion, nose, hands, fingers, arms, elbow, knees, shins, ankles, feet, toes.  Huge jock, tons of sports-related injuries, tons of xrays.  I am radioactive, I’m sure.

Yummy Food You Make: Any of these Desserts

Zoo, Favorite Animal: Big Cats

Zucchini Pasta with Mixed Vegetables & Peanut Sauce

From my last post on Algae and Trying Anything Once, it was fun to read what you’ve tried once.  What you’d be willing to try once.  And the things you’re not willing to try, or to try ever again.

And thanks for your thoughts on supplements.  Most of you said you feel similarly to me, that food over supplements any day, but there are situations and needs in which supplements can be helpful.

1.  Pick a letter and tell me your answer.

Letters I’d be more curious about…T through Z.   But I’m not picky.

Or pick a few and fill me in.

2. What’s going on for you this weekend?

I’m working, working out, cooking, cleaning, errand-running, parenting.  Oh wait, I do this every day.  The weekend isn’t “special” but that’s ok.  Being busy is a good thing, right?

41 Responses to “Alphabet”

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — February 24, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Time I wake up: Between 6:45 – 9:30 usually (depends on day of the week)

Pet Peeve: Really long story tellers. Slow talkers. Quiet talkers. Picky eaters.

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — February 24, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Time I wake up: Sometime between 6-8 am, depending on the day
    Vegetable I don’t Like: Eggplant. I eat it prepared certain ways, but it’s not my favorite.
    Zoo, Favorite animal: polar bears

Happy almost Friday! :)

Lauren @ Hungry Dancer — February 24, 2011 at 8:13 pm

I think life is what really makes anyone run late!! It’s so easy to get caught up in everyday things! I loved your age answer!!

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — February 24, 2011 at 8:27 pm

This weekend is my mom’s birthday party, so that’s taking up all my time until it’s over, lol.

Z – my maiden name has a Z in it :)

Gina — February 24, 2011 at 8:32 pm

I’m 5’10″ too! I love that we have that in common :)

Kate (What Kate is Cooking) — February 24, 2011 at 8:39 pm

I am seriously loving reading these things about people because I love finding out how tall everyone is!

Stefanie @TheNewHealthy — February 24, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I love that you said “I don’t watch movies. I read blogs.” haha

My weekend sounds very similar to yours with homework thrown in! :)

Katie — February 24, 2011 at 9:10 pm

You play the sax?!? Awesome.

V: WHAT!?!? I can’t think of any. Honest.
    Z: Penguins!! But really, any of them.

Commando…why am I not surprised? ;)

CH — February 24, 2011 at 9:25 pm

We have the exact same pet peeve Averie! I might have to do a version (or partial version) of this post myself. Let’s see:

Age: 21 (I don’t mind saying that because I feel like 21 is still “cool”, lol, even though I act like an old person most of the time)
    Job Title: Full time student/part time research/editorial assistant
    Siblings: 1 older sister who is getting a phd in chemistry (she’s super smart!)

VeggieGirl — February 25, 2011 at 2:41 am

Siblings = two older brothers.

This weekend = dance, errands, baking, homework.

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — February 25, 2011 at 3:35 am

oh fun! i had no idea you had a younger sister, I love learning more about you!

oh i am SUCh a shortie at 5’2 haha

Katrina (gluten free gidget) — February 25, 2011 at 3:36 am

GAH! I need to remember to make those cucumber wraps! They are brilliant!
    Nicknames: Ketchup, Treen Bean, Gidget
    I’m babysitting my little sister allll weekend long! :)

CathyK — February 25, 2011 at 3:44 am

so glad you played the alpha game, too! i participated/blogged it a coupla days ago – and am loving reading about everyone else’s list, too.
    agree re your pet peeve. and the dislike of onions – i forgot that one on my own list.
    and i love your comment re reading blogs instead of watching movies – yes! the drama of some blogs, even just reading blogs is as enthralling as movie watching!!
    this weekend is insane…but i leave for aruba next sunday so i can cope with anything for the next few days!!
    take care, averie!

Lauren — February 25, 2011 at 3:48 am

Haha, okay, so I was trying really hard to read all of your alphabet but I was highly distracted by all of these AMAZING recipes. I want to make them all!!!! LoL, thanks for sharing girl! Have a wonderful Friday.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) — February 25, 2011 at 4:45 am

Amen to the kids making you late! It only gets worse! I can’t stand people that wonder and have no agenda in the middle of busy places! It drives me crazy!

Jess@HealthyExposures — February 25, 2011 at 4:57 am

Ugh – I definitely share your pet peeves. Going 25 in a 50 just because the leaves are pretty is totally fine, if you’re into that kinda thing. Going 25 in a 50 just because the leaves are pretty when there’s a LINE of traffic behind you? Totally not so fine. We call them “leaf peepers” :P
    Loved your ABCs and of course the food pics, too ;)
    Hope your day is off to a great start!

Heather (Where's the Beach) — February 25, 2011 at 5:14 am

LOL – LOVE your job title ;-)

Nicknames: Red, Hez, Heath, Rosie, Sis, Stit

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — February 25, 2011 at 5:30 am

Lol…I love your list! AND– you play the saxaphone?!? Very cool!!

Tina — February 25, 2011 at 5:32 am

“Job title: Crazed maniac” I love it! I tend to feel like one as well.

Cait — February 25, 2011 at 5:55 am

just came across your blog! you have some really insightful posts! can’t wait to see what you share next :) xo honestly LOVE everything you posted- my mouth is watering!

Rachel (tea and chocolate) — February 25, 2011 at 5:57 am

I just did a post like this yesterday as well. I think it’s one of the more interesting surveys out there. I had no idea you played the tenor saxophone! Very cool. And I feel ya on your pet peeve. That drives me insane! I never know whether to step into the road to get around them or try get through.

Happy Friday!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — February 25, 2011 at 6:08 am

I have had so many things x-rayed I don’t even think I could list them. Probably everything. Along with MRIs, CAT and bone scans. I’m sure this means I’m a super hero now. My plans involve spending the whole weekend with a very handsome fellow…

Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete — February 25, 2011 at 6:41 am

Time I wake up: usually between 6-6:30am during the week and around 7am on the weekends.

Pet peeves: too much or too little eye contact (we’ve discussed that before!), people who stand too close to you (get out of my personal space), holier-than-thou types, too many to name!

lauren @ spiced plate — February 25, 2011 at 7:07 am

Cucumber wraps — I’m going to try that asap.

It was fun to learn more about you!

Beth — February 25, 2011 at 7:49 am

What a great idea for a post.
    Time You Wake Up: 6am
    Underwear: hipsters
    Vegetable You Dislike: brussel sprouts
    What Makes You Run Late: cleaning up cat puke
    X-Rays You’ve Had Done: teeth, right foot, spine (chiropractic x-ray)
    Yummy Food You Make: Sweet potato fries
    Zoo, Favorite Animal: Alligator – although I haven’t been to a zoo in over 12 years

Amazingly, no plans for this weekend. I’m hoping for more snow so I can get out on the snow shoes.

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table — February 25, 2011 at 8:03 am

Those raw almond cookies look delicious!

I’m right there with you on X = x-rays. Who BREAKS their jaw?! Me. Argh.

This weekend is a fun one – it is the Atlanta Rollergirls’ season opener! I love sunny weather and sports. :)

Nichole (Flirting with Food, Fitness & Fashion) — February 25, 2011 at 8:36 am

Time I wake up: about 645am
    Underwear: thong
    Vegetable I dislike: not sure…
    What Makes you Run Late: Exercise in the AM
    Xrays: Back, Teeth – maybe more?
    Zoo Animal – Elephants!

I am having dinner with my Great Grandparent’s tonight! Excited to see them, haven’t seen them since Christmas. My boyfriend wants me to go to the circus but I am would rather boycott it.

Emily @ One Sweet Vegan — February 25, 2011 at 9:01 am

LOVE this idea! It was a lot of fun to read and I love the addition of the recipes! I might have to do it too. I laughed out loud at “commando”.

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — February 25, 2011 at 9:13 am

Thanks for the shoutout!!
    T= 7:00 AM, almost every day
    U= a wide variety, depending on the outfit and mood
    V= mushrooms. ew.
    W= traffic/public transportation issues. I’m a punctual person, haha.
    X= knees, hips, teeth
    Y= super charge me cookies!
    Z= anything cute! baby animals especially.

dragonmamma/naomi — February 25, 2011 at 9:23 am

The alphabet thing looks fun! Here’s my T through Z:

Time I wake up: Usually 4:10am
    Underwear: Jockey bikini
    Vegetable I dislike: brussel sprouts
    What Makes Me Run Late: Being with someone else who is running late. By myself, I’m always on time.
    X-Rays: Teeth, on regular basis
    Ankle, when I broke it a year ago
    Lungs, when I had pneumonia 30 years ago.
    Yummy food I make: Pumpkin enchiladas, broccoli stir-fry.
    Zoo, favorite animal: Love to watch the penguins when they’re going bonkers.

Allie — February 25, 2011 at 9:31 am

The cucumber wraps look SO good.
    Time I wake up: 4 am. I take my dog out and then go to work (coffee shop).
    U for University of Florida… the awesome place I go to school at!

Christine (The Raw Project) — February 25, 2011 at 9:41 am

Wow, busy day! These alphabet posts are fun and love all the recipe ideas added in.

1. Chore I hate – vacuuming.
    2. A long run and grocery shopping – that’s about it so far.

Stephanie @ Thorns Have Roses — February 25, 2011 at 9:46 am

(t)ime I wake up: 6:30. I should get up much earlier but I’m not the best at early rising. :)

Christin@purplebirdblog — February 25, 2011 at 10:30 am

“Nicknames: not fit to print”

Now you’ve got me REALLY curious!

elise — February 25, 2011 at 1:41 pm

im so confused about what you do. i mean i know youre a mom, obviously, but i thought you were a yoga instructor? this post makes me think ive been wrong all along. yikes sorry girlfriend, i thought i knew you but i guess not. so, what DO you do? crazed maniac is evey moms alternate title, right?

Erin — February 25, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Oh, these are fun!
    I also prefer commando…cheaper, easier, and more comfy.
    I played sax, too. I was good, but haven’t done it in years. So neat.

Heather @ kissmybroccoli — February 25, 2011 at 5:41 pm

I knew you looked tall, but 5″10′? That’s awesome!! I’m only 5″7′ but sometimes I feel like such a giant next to all my super short friends!

W: What makes me run late? This blasted contraption I’m currently typing on! If I open the laptop in the morning, I am automatically guaranteed to be AT LEAST 15 minutes late! Gah!

Erica D @ Gratitouille — February 26, 2011 at 9:49 am

I feel like a chicken saying this, but I think my favorite zoo animals are the otters! They’re just irresistible!

fangzhou — March 2, 2011 at 7:01 am

converting speed and excellent video quality. It is a video converter which converts almost all video formats