Pantry & Refrigerator Staples
I made a TJ’s run yesterday and picked up a few staples
I see other bloggers sharing what they have in their cupboards, refrigerators, and what they keep on hand. So I figured it was mu turn to share.
Things I always have on hand:
1. Sugars/Sweeteners (white, brown, agave, maple syrup, honey, stevia)
2. Chocolate (chips, barks, bars, cocoa powder, white, milk, dark)
3. Nuts (almonds, cashews) & Seeds (chia, hemp)
With nuts and chocolate you can make
4. Dried Fruits (raisins, dates, coconut flakes)
Check out my Recipes Using Raisins Post, too
5. Flours (almond, coconut, peanut)
6. Oats (entire post showing my Oat Recipes Here)
Or, use oats to make a
7. Rice, potatoes, lentils, canned beans
For recipes like Spicy Vegetable, Corn, & Bean Soup
8. Coffee & Tea (see my recent Coffee Review Post)
Such as….Smores Coffee!
9. Condiments (ketchup, mustards – yellow, sweet, hot, dijon, etc. Salsa, Vegenaise)
I use Veganaise to make Vegan Slaw Dressing which I pour over most all veggies.
10. Vinegars & Oils/Butters (olive, hemp, coconut)
I use Coconut Oil for No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Snowballs
11. Spices & Seasonings + Nooch. For a list of 15 Nooch Recipes, check out This Post
12. Milks (almond, coconut)
I use coconut milk for Caribbean Coconut Rice with Garbanzos & Veggies
Or use coconut milk in
Vegan Fudge – 10 Min No-Bake (Gluten/Soy/Tree-Nut Free)
Rice Krispies cereal is key in my Vegan Gluten Free Rice Krispie Treats with Vegan Chocolate Frosting
14. Nut Butters (mostly PB but I have others, too)
PB + Cereal in Special K Bars
15. Fresh Fruits & Veggies of all kinds. And a more limited supply of frozen and canned.
99 cents for this kale bunch
I eat at least one tomato per day. It’s a pricey little habit because I really only purchase vine-ripe, but I don’t skimp on my tomato addiction. There are worse things.
With that list, I can pretty much make anything and everything I make!
Of course off the top of my head, I’m sure I am forgetting things, but really, nothing on that list is too fancy. Some of the items are not things I use every day, but they are in the back of my cupboards for a rainy day.
From my last post about Challenge: 10 Facts, I am glad you liked mine and it was great to read yours! Thanks for playing along.
1. What are your pantry, refrigerator, or cupboard staples?
I also have a list of things I use for baking/unbaking at the bottom of my Chocolate Recipes post. Cupboard and pantry items and ingredients that I keep on hand to whip up goodies at a moment’s notice.
2. What has made you laugh today?
Skylar told me she was hibernating. And explained that means when you sleep for a long time. And since when is a barely 4 year old sleeping only 7.5 hours considered “a long time”? I guess it must be all that Birthday excitement!
Many thanks to those of you who have continued to comment and wish her well on her birthday! She’s my big 4 year old now.
P.S. Somewhat Related to this post are these two other posts:
Favorite Kitchen Things & Appliances (What to Buy, What to Skip)
Enjoy your day, gang, and fill me in on what’s in your cupboards and fridge!