Awards, Tidbits, & Trivia

I have been given a few awards lately so I thought today it would be fun to post a few facts.

First, Tyrah gave me the Cherry On Top Award

I am supposed to share 3 Things that I Like:

1. I like sunshine, blue skies, warm weather, and the ocean.   They make me happy and I could never imagine living anywhere but San Diego.  Or Aruba.

2. I like all the friends I’ve met through blogging.  It’s amazing how blogging has changed my life in so many wonderful ways!

3. I like chocolate.  I like peanut butter.  But I am really liking No Bake White Chocolate & Mango Cookie Dough Bites lately.

Emily and Terilynn gave me the Stylish Blogger Award

I am supposed to share 7 Things About Myself:

1. I get whistled at, catcalled at, or honked at at least once per day.  This, along with calling me “an amazon” because I am quite tall, absolutely repulse me.

2. I want to go to India.  I want to see the good, the bad, and everything in between.  It is a pilgrimage I will take one day because that is where my yoga, my heart, my soul, and my consciousness will grow.

3. I wash my hair every three days.  I like it best on the second day.  And yes, I still love my Brazilian Blowout.

4. I’ve thought about writing a book about my life.  The things I have seen, done, and experienced. It would not be a cookbook.  There are already plenty of cookbooks out there.  Not sure I could add anything “new” to the world of food, recipes, and cookbooks. I do feel, however, that my life story is unique and sometimes have thought about documenting it.  But writing a book is dauntingand it may happen one day.  It may not.  You never know.

5. I’ve thought about adding to my tattoo.  It may happen one day.  It may not.  You never know.

6. I hate loud talkers.  Along those lines, bad breath, nose and ear hair, and unibrows are also dealbreakers.

7. I love photography!

I am glad that you enjoyed my last post about Food Styling: Props, Books, & Photo Quality.  It was fun to hear how much you do or don’t care about photo quality.  For some of you, you’re really into making your pictures look as amazing as possible and for others, you try, but you don’t care too much.  Snap it, and forget about it type thing.

I loved hearing where you buy cute dishes, props, tablecloths, kitchen tools and such, too.  And yesterday, I kinda went on another blog-related shopfest, too.  Cheap thrills, baby. For $30 bucks, I can buy so much and get so happy and excited about it!

Maybe dessert excites you like it does me.  No Bake Vegan Rum Cake Balls are exciting.  Any dessert with rum in it would have to be, right?

1. Do you enjoy reading random factoids and trivia about a blog author?

I do! It helps me “get to know” them better and in a more behind-the-scenes type way.

Also, I am passing along the awards to anyone who wants to post about them on their blog.  They are yours for the taking, enjoy!  Some of us daily or multiple-times-per-day bloggers need to mix it up every now with something different and fun.

2. Tell me something you Like or something About Yourself!

3. How’s the weather in your area?  And did you workout today?

I will be going for a glorious run outside.   It’s supposed to be in the low 80s and perfectly sunny on Thursday.  Good thing I quit the gym and can savor the sunshine and fresh air!

Enjoy your day!

45 Responses to “Awards, Tidbits, & Trivia”

susan — March 31, 2011 at 3:44 am

OH wow Averie, you will love India when you go there. If you want any tips or advice about India, email me anything. It really is a country that bombards the senses with the smells, sounds, sights. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such beauty but at the same time seen such poverty. I do think a lot of people in India have a beautiful way of living and there really peace amongst the madness. It’s one country that made me laugh, smile and cry.

Mary (A Merry Life) — March 31, 2011 at 3:48 am

I love these types of posts! It’s fun to get to know a blogger behind what they normally write about. I would love to read a book about your life story btw. :)

Jess@HealthyExposures — March 31, 2011 at 4:03 am

I love random factoids!! Lets me a little bit more “in” on a person’s life, ya know?! There’s things that just sort of get lost over the internet, whether it’s a little bit of our personality, our interests, or what makes us, us.
    p.s. Loud talkers? Yeah, they drive me nuts, too. Ohhh, co-workerrrr, are you reading this?! :P
    Aand, after I wrap up breakfast/some blog surfing I’ll be getting in some exercise/fresh air. I’m thinking a run, even though I usually do yoga in the a.m. We’re supposed to get a snow storm later today into tomorrow (don’t want to talk about it) so I’ll have plenty of time to be inside later, apparently.
    Have a great day, Averie!!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope — March 31, 2011 at 4:17 am

I love getting to know more about the blogger! It makes you understand the blogger on a more personal basis and really see who they are beyond the food.

Definitely getting some outdoor exercise in today… 40*F in Wisconsin is actually pretty warm these days and I’ll take it! :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) — March 31, 2011 at 4:36 am

I love reading factoids about bloggers. I think you get to know them better that way. Fun fact…my favorite thing to do is just hang out with my boys (all three of them). I hate going out and would rather just hang out at home with them.

Elizabeth@The Sweet Life — March 31, 2011 at 5:02 am

So many awards! Well deserved. I’m with you on wanting to go to India!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — March 31, 2011 at 5:05 am

Those cake balls have me craving a sour cream glazed donut. I have no idea, I haven’t had one in….at least 5 years. I love reading random facts… something about myself… I have 13 tattoos and a whole list of other ones I want, but they’re just so expensive! My favorite one is the bunny on my foot. Gosh, the foot hurts to get tattooed!

Tyrah — March 31, 2011 at 5:10 am

Love the tidbits! I’m starting to be a liitle more open on my blog with personal stuff, I do think it’s fun to get to know a blogger better this way aside from what we all usually post about on our blogs.
    It’s, you know, in the 30s here today ;) I will be doing some floor exercises and dumbells before I head into school today.
    I like sunshine! (I honestly didn’t realize the lack of it that we have so many months of the year in Michigan until we lived in Nevada)
    Excited for your pilgrimage to India!

Nicole @ Fresh & Fit — March 31, 2011 at 5:14 am

I love reading random factoids. Its fun to learn about people who are similar to me, and that I would have otherwise never have known.
    Something about my self: I am getting married in July!
    The weather here: Cold. They are saying snow tonight and tomorrow. Yuck. You are so lucky to live in such a nice sunny place. I would love to just pick up and move. (I wish it were that easy.) My dream is to have a Palm tree on my front lawn!

Ilana — March 31, 2011 at 5:19 am

You will write a book one day. You are a writer and an expressive soul. Right now your life moves too fast (and you along with it) to take the time to fully observe and craft it into the shape of a story, but one day it will happen. I will be the first on line to read it!!
    India…definitely. I dream about it. One day…

Heather (Where's the Beach) — March 31, 2011 at 5:32 am

I actually do enjoy the random facts. I think they’re usually fun. I love the beach ;-)

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews — March 31, 2011 at 5:48 am

That’s funny…I like my hair best on the second day too!

кран-балка — March 31, 2011 at 5:59 am

Думается, если долго стараться, даже самую сложную мысль можно так подробно раскрыть.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — March 31, 2011 at 6:01 am

I like my hair the second day of no washing too!

Emily @ One Sweet Vegan — March 31, 2011 at 6:24 am

I love reading the random facts and trivia about other bloggers.
    I wash my hair every 3 days too! It took me years and years of everyday washing to finally discover that my hair will love me and be much healthier if I only wash twice a week.

Holly @ The Runny Egg — March 31, 2011 at 6:25 am

I love reading facts about bloggers — your “dealbreakers” are hilarious but I agree with all of them!

So cool that you’re thinking of writing a book! Honestly I think everyone has an interesting life — putting it on paper is the hard part! I can imagine that is a huge undertaking, so best of luck if you decide to go that route!

I was up at 5 and got 4 miles in, after work I’ll do some strength training. The weather is kind of gloomy for now, but hopefully in a few hours it will be nice and sunny!

Anne — March 31, 2011 at 6:33 am

Aaah, so many things to enjoy and love and like…:-). I just went on my reader to look for a little cheer-me-up, and there it was :-)

I like: the grain free cake-ish pumpkin bread I’ve just baked! Oh yes! I’ve been baking and subsequently throwing a way a lot of real disasters lately, which only makes me cherish every thick slice of this new baby even more!

I like sunny, but in fact I love it when the weather changes. That’s what I like about the climate where I live: I could do with out the nine months of crappy, rainy “winter”, but when the seasons change…that’s the ticket. My favorite change is spring, though – of course! – it’s light turning on a switch in the city, and everybody comes out in the street. Hello! I once met a girl from the Faroe Islands and she told me that 15 degrees celsius is summer there – that’s when they break out the barbeque and wear shorts, and it’s a bit like that in Copenhagen. These days it’s still chilly, but some people insist on wearing flipflops already, hahaha…

I have finally, hopefully, thankfully and joyfully come to a new stage in my quest to find a dietary path that won’t have me losing weight and feeling crappy ninety percent of the time – I like that too! Thank god – or someone – well, in fact just thanks to everybody out there, for those huge communities of people on the web who will help you if you ask :-). I think I started out on your blog?! Kind of an anniversary ;-)

I must have missed your post or question about cute kitchen stuff or I would definitely have had to mention that I went wild in the secondhand shops this past week 8-). Visited the countryside and raided THREE stores, lots of old British tableware, hehe!

Salah (My Healthiest Lifestyle) — March 31, 2011 at 6:41 am

The weather here in Austin has been kind of dreary the past few days but I think its supposed to be super nice today! And ILOVE reading random facts about blog authors b/c it gives you a little insight into the person they are!

Leslie — March 31, 2011 at 7:09 am

Congrats on your bloggie awards, you deserve them! I really do enjoy reading random factoids about the blog author every now and then. Hooray for the blog world!

Naomi — March 31, 2011 at 7:11 am

oh the unibrow thing is definately a deal breaker! so is bad teeth or bad teeth hyigene! My man has to keep those teeth cleaaaannnn (along with personal hyigene lol)

My favorite colors are NEON…anything….highlighter colors gahh i love!

I have sick obsession with sneakers (preferably Nike) I love them and the colors and have way too many!

Stephanie — March 31, 2011 at 7:14 am

I love learning facts about the bloggers I follow! I guess its a part of our modern day culture, everyone is interested in each other’s lives.

I too love sunshine and ocean breezes.

Right now, the ground is covered in SNOW in Ohio! I’m STILL running on the treadmill and its driving me crazy. I did NOT choose to live in Ohio. I’m still young, and my parents have a say in where I live I suppose. I look forward to getting out of Ohio in the near future!

kristina — March 31, 2011 at 7:27 am

Congratulations on your awards! Yes, I LOVE hearing random facts about others, it’s probably my most favorite topic of discussion. One fact about me is that I love tabloid magazines, it’s a guilty pleasure of mine! And the weather here is sunny!, still cold but sunny ;)

Alaina Rose @ Sweetness of Life — March 31, 2011 at 7:40 am

I love learning little tid bits about the bloggers that I follow! It opens a little window into the soul of the person and helps the uniqueness and individuality of their blog shine! It is a beautiful sunny day in northern california today and I’m so grateful because we have been getting SO much rain lately. It’s a day for yoga, a long walk and possibly working in the garden. Yay!

I hope you have a beautiful day Averie! <3

Andrea — March 31, 2011 at 8:34 am

I’m definitely heading to the beach today! Not a cloud in the sky! Amazing!
    On another note: I know exactly what you mean about being cat-called, whistled at and most of all being called an Amazon, or my personal “favorite” when someone says “wow, you’re tall”…the only appropriate response I’ve found is either “yep” or “I was born that way”…I don’t point out when people are short…ya know? ;)

Katie — March 31, 2011 at 8:36 am

The weather here is GORGEOUS! Tomorrow is supposed to be 75!! and I’m going to a BBQ with some friends. Can’t wait. It will be my reward for finishing up my work….I hope. And if I do finish, I’m rewarding myself further with a nice springtime hike. Cross your fingers for me!

I like reading random facts. I am all about random. :D

Beth — March 31, 2011 at 8:40 am

A book on your life experiences would be interesting, based on the “snippets” that you have mentioned on this blog.

Rum desserts? Oh yeah! I made the Frozen Chocolate Coconut Fudge recipe from Tropical Traditions last night – and added 2 oz of rum to it. Just enough to add taste and not effect the freezing / hardening.

Birds: I like hearing the birds in the morning before the sun comes up. I also love seeing gaggles of geese flying in the air, or coming in for a landing. Breathtaking!

Weather: yesterday was sunny and 8C so I left work early to get out there and enjoy. Strolled through the back yard with the cats on leash if you can believe it – they don’t get outside much. Most of the snow is gone now and the backyard is showing signs of spring: tulips coming up, birds pecking for worms, squirrels running to & fro.

Christine (The Raw Project) — March 31, 2011 at 8:50 am

Hehe, I used to be called an Amazon woman too thanks to being 6′ tall with long curly hair. And I wash my hair every three days too, sometimes more in the summer thanks to sweating in the heat.

1. Yes, they’re fun.
    2. I love being in nature either hiking, mountain biking, beach or anything appreciating natural beauty.
    3. Perfect today, high in the 80s and sunny. Perfect for a little gardening, just wish I had time for it! :-P

CathyK — March 31, 2011 at 11:01 am

random factoid posts are the best. i love reading about people, and finding out the little things that make them unique. plus, it’s interesting WHAT people choose to share about themselves!
    i sooo hope you can make your desired pilgrimage to india happen, when the timing is right. THEN i think you should write your book!
    would love to know how you would add on to your tattoo! (i want to get #3, for me; i know what i want, and where i want it. am waiting for the timing to be right!)
    enjoy that sunshine!

Stephanie @ MyThorns Have Roses — March 31, 2011 at 11:12 am

Man…I want to live in So-Cal soooo badly. The weather…the year round gardening….yes yes yes. I’ll take it. (ok…I’m just reeeally over winter here ;)) love your fabric stash from yesterday. It really is amazing what a little bit of spending on photography props can do for your happiness. Haha. :)

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — March 31, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Yes, yes, yes, write a book!! It would be incredible, I’m sure! :D

Our weather is pitiful right now. Dreary and still on the chilly side. :(

Something I like: I like you! hehe I also like sunlight for my photos which I don’t have very much of right now. :(

Dislike: Bad drivers and people oblivious to the world in grocery stores. I can’t stand when people walk slowly—deliberately–right in your path and take up room in the aisle or don’t pay attention to someone standing behind them. I basically don’t like inconsiderate people. :P

Erica — March 31, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Love the facts! sunshine, blue skies and the ocean are a few of my favorite things too :) A good part of the reason I love Charleston! I try to wash my hair only ever other day but should probably push it to every third!! Yummy desserts :) Something about myself: I can never seem to pick a favorite color. I bounce back and forth between a few….I think its yellow (most of the time)

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — March 31, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Fun facts! I do love reading random facts about bloggers. Happy almost Friday! :-)

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — March 31, 2011 at 1:40 pm

zomg Averie, you’re brilliant. This has nothing to do with the post above, but I was hungry for a snacky thing and decided to make a version of your blueberry oatcake only I turned it into a quinoa apple cinnamon cake (banana, gluten, sugar free). It was delicious in every way possible. I’m totally blown away! I’ll have to do a post on it soon. Zomg I’m going to be making these at least a couple of weeks. I’m SO full and SO satisfied right now.

Thanks for the inspiration :)

Amber K — March 31, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I think random trivia is fun, although I don’t always remember it. Or I’ll remember a random fact, but will forget which blogger mentioned it. Yup, gotta work on the old noggin’ of mine.

McKella — March 31, 2011 at 4:29 pm

I actually love random facts about anyone, whether I know them or not. I also like sharing them.
    The weather here in the Rockies is looking up a little, I’ve haven’t had a chance to work out yet though:( soon.
    Random fact about me…I’m totally a creative type. I’ve pursued and won awards in creative writing, visual arts, theater, singing and piano. I’m editing my first novel and I’m trying to get back into art on the local scale.

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. — March 31, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Fun reading the “trivial” facts! What part of India? Do you like Indian food? Is there an ashram or a teacher there that you would spend time with?
    Catcalls are annoying, but I guess make the most of it. It may or may not happen when you are 90, and maybe you miss it? I know…just trying to make the best of a sometimes annoying situation. It’s particularly fun when really obnoxious overweight men with the unibrows, nose hair, and all cat call at tall thin blonde girls. That’s precious :)
    Of course at 90 you will be so enlightened and detached from your body you won’t miss the catcalling after all :)

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — March 31st, 2011 at 6:20 pm

not sure what exact part, but southern india. I like indian food, yes. will i miss catcalling? hell no!

• Get Skinny, Go Vegan. replied: — March 31st, 2011 at 7:09 pm

If you like Indian food, check out Anupy Singla’s “The Indian Slow Cooker” book. It is nearly all vegan & she uses dried beans, unsoaked (you can soak if you want though). The recipes are amazing & so simple to make. 15 minutes of prep time and you push a button. I have blogged through lots of them. I do try to eat a lot raw, but I LOVE Indian food & always eat way too much of it. I have zero control, unlike you!! I practice yoga sometimes, but not enough to actually have control over my food senses :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — March 31, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Random fact posts are some of my favourites on people’s blogs!!

I too want to see India. It is on my top 3 list!

Jackie Smith — March 31, 2011 at 10:33 pm

I do like hearing little tidbits about bloggers’ lives. Sometimes the little things are where we connect the most.

It was gorgeous here today. Can’t say that too often for Fresno. :) Ryan & I went for a deliciously long walk outside and talked and talked about our day(s).

Sam @ the neurotic yogini — April 2, 2011 at 9:34 am

I love reading random info. I love sunshine. I love Indian foooood. :)

Christin@purplebirdblog — April 6, 2011 at 4:03 pm

I’m a bit of a loud talker, but in a good way. ;)