Candy Friday

I know Tina has Cookie Friday so I figured I’d try Candy Friday.

Here are a few ideas to get you going:

1. No-Bake Vegan Peanut Butter Cups

2. No-Bake Vegan White Chocolate & Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (with Chocolate-Peanut Butter centers)

3. No-Bake Vegan “Turtles”

4.  No-Bake Girl Scout “Thin Mint” Cookie Inspired Fudge

5. No-Bake Vegan “Peppermint Patties”

6. Raw Vegan Coconut Oil Chocolate

7. Raw Vegan Caramels

3 ingredients, and yes, you must use all 3.  Don’t cheap out.  Someone always writes to me asking if they could substitute.  You don’t need more than 1/2 cup of the “expensive” ingredient, anyway.

Plus you can stuff them with nut butter.  Yum!

From my last post about Loving Spring, I’m glad that there are some signs of spring in your area and thanks for sharing your favorite things about spring.

This weekend we change the clocks to Daylight Savings TimeCan you believe it? It always feels so “officially” spring to me when that happens.

1. What’s on your agenda this weekend?

I am working, possibly getting together with a friend, spending time with the family, and carrying on with cooking, cleaning, meal prep, errand running.   Hamster on a wheel. It’s ok though.  I’d rather be busy than not!

2. Favorite Candy?

This is beyond hard for me to answer.

I prefer chocolate, usually, over say “sugary” candy.   I would take a Heath Bar over a box of Nerds.   Or a Dark Chocolate Milky Way over a Starburst.  It’s funny though, I haven’t had any of those candy in years.

I do go in streaks where I love sugary candy such as suckers like Tootsie Pops or Blow-Pops, though.

Really, when it comes to candy, I’m not that picky.

I really love Sees Candies, though. They are so good and until I moved to California, I had never had Sees, but am now a fan, forever.

3. Any candy that you’d like to see me try to recreate? Or any candy that you’ve re-created at home?

I can’t promise it will necessarily be “healthier” because in order to make candy, sugar and chocolate are needed.  So not sure that’s necessarily “healthy”, but it may be fun to try to make some candy at home!

54 Responses to “Candy Friday”

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — March 11, 2011 at 3:14 am

Candy Friday…. Love it!!!

Kit-kats are my favorite, but I really love all candy, especially chocolate with nuts or rice crisps. Yum! I have to make your turtles, they look soooo good and they’re actually my current favorite, lol. They might replace Kit-Kats, lol. Hmm… Can you recreate Kit-kats?? Hehe

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — March 11, 2011 at 3:59 am

You’re killing me. No candy for 40 days. Believe me though, on Good Friday I will be GORGING.

Favorite candy is definitely chocolate. For the real “candy” stuff, and not gourmet, I think M&M’s and Reese’s are my favorites!

Stephanie — March 11, 2011 at 4:03 am

Oh.my.goodness. I feel completely overwhelmed by all of those pics of sweet sugary deliciousness. I want to make ALL OF THEM! Which one is your favourite? Which one do you recommend trying first?

lauren @ spiced plate — March 11, 2011 at 4:19 am

I LOVE york peppermint patties…oh so good!

Tina — March 11, 2011 at 4:25 am

I am more of a dark chocolate girl that a candy girl as well. All your pics have me drooling! Have a great weekend!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) — March 11, 2011 at 4:43 am

I’m not much of a candy person, but I love making little peanut butter fudge truffles. I have found it quite dangerous to have that kind of stuff hanging out in my fridge. I am hanging out with friends this weekend and I am so looking forward to it. I hope you have an incredible day today.

Nance — March 11, 2011 at 5:05 am

So glad to hear your house in AZ sold and you’re soaring in 2011!

Love the new blog digs…need tips to make that crossover to self-hosted WP theme with ads.

Kisses and hugs all around at your house.

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — March 11th, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Nance the migration from Blogger to SH W.P. was nothing short of a miracle :) I paid a team of professionals to transition it…750 posts later.

Between getting my own dedicated servers to migration of the actual content of my site from Blogger to WP to it being on my own servers to pointing DNS and IP addy’s, a new header, integrating the Theme, etc…trust me, not something I could have undertaken on my own. In my wildest dreams.

If you make the move, you will LOVE WP. It blows blogger away!

If you need the name/info of the people who helped me, lmk. They are fabulous, reasonable, and will get just as detail oriented as you need/want them to be about every last detail :)

Elizabeth@The Sweet Life — March 11, 2011 at 5:22 am

Your pb cups always look so smooth–the chocolate seems to get lumpy in mine! :-(

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — March 11th, 2011 at 6:11 pm

you need to heat it hotter, dont burn it though, and then STIR really well with a spoon. Beat the crap out of it to remove lumps. :)

Heather (Where's the Beach) — March 11, 2011 at 5:25 am

What is up this morning….everyone seems to be posting about cookies and candies as I sit here eating my oatmeal LOL.

Lesley Lifting Life — March 11, 2011 at 5:28 am

Yep! Those peanut butter cups look perfect! Hope your weekend is wonderful :]

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews — March 11, 2011 at 5:32 am

My favorite candy is Sour Patch Kids or any sour candy for sure!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — March 11, 2011 at 5:35 am

Yes, please. I’ll take one of each! :-) Happy Friday to you!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — March 11, 2011 at 5:36 am

I love anything and everything with peanuts and peanut butter. I think paydays are my favorite candy bar (of course, I couldn’t tell you the last time I had one!)

Jennifer@ knackfornutrition — March 11, 2011 at 6:08 am

I’m still reading I swear lol life is just keeping me from commenting! I love all of your desserts, perhaps I’ll make one this weekend. I don’t even know where to begin as to choosing one though.

Activities for this weekend include figuring out my next race and baking. Ahhh the weekend. :)

Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete — March 11, 2011 at 6:16 am

Averie I love all of your recipes.

My favorite candy is Snickers — that would be amazing if you would recreate those!

Agenda for weekend — my sister/brother in law are visiting from TX, they are teachers and are on Spring Break and are bringing their new bulldog puppy up to meet the family. I can’t wait to see them!

Have a great weekend!

melissa @ the delicate place — March 11, 2011 at 6:21 am

i love sees candies! my aunt lives in new mexico and would ship it to us for xmas! plans include a fancy dinner at this american bistro new in town, a trip to the art museum and possibly going to the natural history museum/ or a pub haha because the weather is SUCKING hard. all your spring time posts are making me jealous!!!

iphone reviews — March 11, 2011 at 7:18 am

The rate of random mutations among humans is pretty well understood. Some mutations are harmful; some are beneficial and some are neutral

Stephanie — March 11, 2011 at 7:20 am

I’d choose a dessert like a peanut butter cookie over candy any day. But as far as candy goes, I like dark chocolate and nuts. Dark chocolate covered cashews are delicious. I also love Dove Promises in all sorts of flavors!

Note: I’m am not a normal teenager when it comes to eating. Foods that have been dyed to be bright colors (including most fruity candies) freak me out!

Mandy@ One Hungry Mess — March 11, 2011 at 7:21 am

Oh gosh! Naming my least favorite candy would be easier, and the only one that comes to mind is tootsie rolls. If you can recreate the conversational hearts I would love you forever. Those have to be my all time favorite, though they seem to be a hit or miss for most people. I no longer buy them because they contain gelatin :(

Kenzie @ KHolistic — March 11, 2011 at 7:36 am

I can always count on you for some friday indulgence temptation! The coconut morsels look like a must try!!

rebecca lustig — March 11, 2011 at 7:39 am

talk about a morning tease! Goodness, girl, can I hire you?!

Katie — March 11, 2011 at 7:43 am

I love sees. I see (hehe) them at the airport in Phoenix and just drool.

I am actually more of a sugar candy fan. i don’t like my chocolate dilluted. I prefer it just straight up, dark and delicious.

Sam (the neurotic yogini) — March 11, 2011 at 7:44 am

heath bar. ;)

Ari @ ThE DiVa DiSh — March 11, 2011 at 8:03 am

I’m drooling at 8 in the morning :)

Salah (My Healthiest Lifestyle) — March 11, 2011 at 8:06 am

I’m going to be referring to all your recipes a lot now!

dragonmamma/naomi — March 11, 2011 at 8:27 am

I love all your candies, but anything with chocolate is at the top of the list. (No surprise!)

Working extra hours this weekend because another employee got fired. (Which is how I got my job; replacing a fired employee.) I have no idea what she did to get fired; nobody’s talking. Rob says I should find out to make sure I don’t make the same mistake! I’m not worried about it; I consider myself a model employee, plus I’ve become buddies with the president. (Never hurts to have friends in high places!)

chrysta — March 11, 2011 at 8:58 am

Hello darlin!! well elts see…photography seminar this weekend. I got off of work this weekend for it. Ive had it planned for months so Im stoked. And a weekend off from work so double bonus! ha!

Oh favorite candy..hhmm anything chocolate and PB for sure!! (Those PB cups are among my top fav!) have an amazing weekend!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — March 11th, 2011 at 6:13 pm

photog seminar sounds fabulous!!

please comment back and lmk if you learn anything outstanding..or just anything…i may forget to check your site if you post about it, so lmk. :)

Amber K — March 11, 2011 at 9:28 am

I love candy! And caramely things are my faves! Although I’m confused, what is the “expensive” ingredient in your raw vegan caramel? I have all of those ingredients in my house!

Nikki — March 11, 2011 at 9:31 am

Candy! Especially all of the chocolate! I’m trying to increase my greens right now, but maybe just one bite…

crazy me crazy with three — March 11, 2011 at 10:12 am

I made your raw brownies the other day and oh my god! yum! your turdles i have to try carmal is my weakness i also saw you made a carmal maciato have to try!!!!! could you remake a kit kat bar???

Red Deception — March 11, 2011 at 10:20 am

On my agenda this weekend is a paper and presentation for school. Yay?

My favorite candy is anything chocolate mint. I was obsessed with York peppermint patties, but now that I am cutting back on my sugar, I haven’t had any.

Christine (The Raw Project) — March 11, 2011 at 10:47 am

Yum, so many great recipes here, candy Friday sounds good to me!

1. A half marathon Sunday and maybe going out to eat.
    2. Anything with chocolate really.
    3. Snickers. :-)

katie — March 11, 2011 at 10:56 am

AHHH please bake some candy for me!!!!!!! I need to catch up on your blog!!!! I miss you SO SO MUCH love!! love you! Have an AWESOME weekend!

Beth — March 11, 2011 at 11:19 am

Just finished catching up on almost a week’s worth of your posts. You have been one busy lady!

We are leaving for Barbados tomorrow, so I’m not sure how much I’ll be online. Time for fun in the sun :)

Favourite candy: if it involves dark chocolate, I’m in. I go through phases of what I am eating candy / chocolate wise. When they came out with Bounty in dark chocolate I practically ODed on it ;) About 5 years ago, my thing was York Peppermint Patties, followed by Reese’s Pieces.

Recreate candy options: Read suggestions of Snickers which would be great.

Ela — March 11, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Now that is some eye candy you shared there! Fun!

Being a make-everything-from-scratch person, I’ve made versions of all kinds of things, from filled chocolates to ‘peanut butter cups,’ etc–as have you also! I just shared a no sugar white chocolate recipe, which I like surprisingly well considering what a darkest of dark choc fan I am. (This way’s better for my adrenals too.)

Very special birthday party coming up this w/e (Phil’s daughter’s turning 40) so I have some serious goodies-making fun to get into!
    love
    Ela

Melomeals: Vegan for $3.33 a Day — March 11, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Somehow I got lost in this entry.. I must clicked on some links and went through a ton of your posts.. I just love how rational you are.. and I am so so so so so impressed with your physical fitness. I struggle so much with my weight.. it is very inspiring to read you!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — March 11, 2011 at 8:03 pm

I am not a big fan of candies (besides chocolate, if that is considered candy) … but I do love MoJo’s.

Lori — March 12, 2011 at 8:43 am

My kids and I have been gluten free and dairy free for almost 2 years now, and I have to say the candy I miss the most is Kit Kats, Twix, and Milky Way bars. Those were all favorites of mine, and none of them are gluten free (or dairy free, but I occasionally cheat with dairy and face the consequences later–no cheating with gluten, just not worth it). Being a full-time student and a homeschooling mom doesn’t leave enough time to experiment with recipes right now, so I don’t have a good substitute for these.

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — March 12th, 2011 at 11:49 am

Lori I feel the same way with you about being a mom and having a job and there just not being enough time! We have thought lots about homeschooling and I give you major props for being a HSing mama!

Gluten and dairy and cheating…I can relate to what’s worth it and what isnt :)

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. — March 13, 2011 at 9:13 am

Those Peanut Butter Cups look amazing. And I just ran out of all the ingredients!!
    Trip to the store!

Christin@purplebirdblog — March 13, 2011 at 10:22 am

Butterfingers have corn flakes in the middle, and I’ve always thought about recreating those somehow… I bet nooch would help with the color in the middle! You should totally work that magic brain of yours and come up with some gluten-free, vegan Butterfingers!! :)