No Bake Toffee & Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites

Growing up I loved Heath bars.

In candy bar form

In Blizzard form

One summer I think I slurped down my weight in Heath Bar Blizzards, horrible dairy intolerance reactions and all. It was worth it.

But since I don’t plan to raid Dairy Queen for a Heath Bar Blizzard anytime soon, and because I love cookie dough, I came up with today’s recipe which satisfied my toffee cravings.  I think it will do the same for you.   C’mon, cookie dough, chocolate and toffee. What’s not to love?

[print_this]

No Bake Toffee & Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites

Ingredients:

2/3 c cashews (unsalted, and raw if possible)

1/3 c dry oats

3 tbsp agave or maple syrup (or combination)

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/4 c chocolate chips

1/4 c toffee bits

Yields: approximately 16-18 bites

Directions:

First add cashews and oats to Vita-Mix or food processor and grind into a fine powder.  Then, add the agave and vanilla extract and blend again.  Finally, add the chocolate chips and toffee bits and either stir in by hand or barely blend/pulse until incorporated.  Retain some texture.

Remove the dough and form into cookie bites.  If dough is soft or hard to work with, refrigerate/freeze for 20 minutes prior to forming into bites.

Optional Ideas:

After the bites are formed, drizzle them with dark or white chocolate by melting 1/4 c dark/white chocolate.  With a spoon, drizzle chocolate over the top of the bites (see here for an example) Or, dip each bite entirely into chocolate.

Dust finished bites with cocoa or carob powder.

Add dried coconut flakes to each ball by rolling them in coconut at the end, or adding 1/4 c dried coconut to the dough.  Increase agave/maple slightly if dough is too dry.

Store the dough bites in refrigerator or freezer.

[/print_this]

Pictures of the Process:

Cashews + Oats.  Grind into powder

Add agave/maple and vanilla extract to the cashew/oat powder and blend again.

Dough. You will know when your dough is the right consistency because it just looks like it’s going to stick together without being too wet or too crumbly.

Add Chocolate Chips + Toffee Bits and do a light and quick blend or hand stir.  Don’t pulverize the goodies.

Dough is ready

Form into bites

And Enjoy!

The little crunchy toffee bits combined with the dark chocolate chips are perfect in the chewy, raw, doughy bites.

When is cookie dough ever a bad thing?

Never.

Don’t forget to check out my previous Cookie Dough recipe for No-Bake White Chocolate & Mango Cookie Dough Bites

And there’s also my Dessert Balls & Bites Post Showing about 20 of my Balls & Bites Recipes from Raw Vegan Donut Holes to Chocolate Covered Oreo Balls.

Including my original Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough from over 18 months ago, which is where today’s recipe was derived from.

From my last post about Sandwiches &  ‘Shrooms, as predicted mushrooms are a love ‘em or hate ‘em food.  But I was surprised to hear how many of you really love your shrooms!

And glad you liked my creative twist on “bread” sandwichesGotta think outside of the gluten box.

1. Best thing you ate or did over the weekend?

These Toffee Cookie Dough Bites rank right up there but I got together with a friend and it was great.  Stay tuned.

2. Do you like Heath Bars or Toffee?

Yes, clearly!

3. Favorite mainstream candy bar?

If you rattle off some favorites, I can put them into dessert recipes.  Not necessarily just into raw dough bites, but into other cooked recipes like brownies or cookies, too.  I am thinking Butterfingers, Snickers, Mounds Bars, Laffy Taffy even.  What should I try next?

P.S. If you’re just catching up on posts since Friday, here are mine:

87 Responses to “No Bake Toffee & Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites”

kristine — March 20, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Wow, those look tasty! Best thing I ate this weekend was my buckwheat bake! Not a huge toffee or candy bar fan.

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan — March 20, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Oh my gosh, nothing NOT to love here. I am a toffee fiend too!
    My fave candy bar back in the day was the oft-ignored and -forgotten Whatchamacallit :P

Emma (Namaste Everyday) — March 20, 2011 at 6:58 pm

How do you store your dough balls? How long do they keep? They look great! But i could never eat them all in one day, lol

Lesley Lifting Life — March 20, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Oh the memories … I used to LOVE health bars. They were my absolute favorite.

Heather (Where's the Beach) — March 20, 2011 at 7:00 pm

OMG I loved Heath Bars and Skore Bars. YUM. And Heath Blizzards…drool.

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — March 20, 2011 at 7:09 pm

I seriously want to reach through the screen and grab one of these. Or ten of these.

Jess — March 20, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Every time i read your posts i want to lick the screen :D

Heidi @ Food Doodles — March 20, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Omg, those look amazing. You could even crumble a couple into some banana soft serve. Yummmmm! Looove toffee, but don’t eat it too often. In fact I haven’t had a candy bar in so long. My favorite is probably snickers. Or something else with peanuts and caramely-ness… Mmm

Heather — March 20, 2011 at 7:38 pm

I love the plates in the background! It really blends well with the balls. Your presentation is amazing :)

rebecca lustig — March 20, 2011 at 7:42 pm

my mom looooooooves toffee! maybe i could get her to try one of these suckers :P

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. — March 20, 2011 at 7:43 pm

You really bring out my sweet tooth!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope — March 20, 2011 at 8:08 pm

I have to admit that I was never a fan of heath bars. However, I have ALWAYS been a fan of toffee (go figure!). Either way, these are an incredible take on your cookie dough bites. Love seeing how you find so many ways to switch them up!

Lauren @chigallauren — March 20, 2011 at 8:17 pm

LOVE Heath bars….and love your cute little platter with the ribbon!!

Mastering Public Health (@MasPublicHealth) — March 20, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Awesome! Very cute plate and ribbon. Love the ball recipes; gotta get to making some tomorrow (lemon or peanut butter “cookie dough” — decisions, decisions).

Sabina — March 20, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Mmmm, Averie! Those toffee bites look good!

Your blog is the second one I’ve read recently that’s mentioned… DQ Blizzards (Oh She Glows is the other). Angela made a healthy Blizzard (banana soft serve + cookie bites). Have you thought about trying that with all the de-lis-cious cookie bites and treats that you post? :-)

xo

Charlie — March 20, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Those cookie dough balls sound delicious! I’d mix them with ice cream to make my own blizzard ;).

Tin — March 20, 2011 at 8:41 pm

This is fantastic. I love making these. Thank you for delectable recipe. This would be a delicious and healthy treat for me and my nephew. He’s 2 years old now. Thank you Averie…:) You look great in the photo as well…:)

Michele Sparrow — March 20, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Best thing I did over the weekend: I slept in on Saturday. It was because I didn’t feel well, but…I SLEPT IN! :-)

I love toffee!

Favorite mainstream candy bar would have to be a Kit Kat or a Snickers. Oh yummers! :-)

Katie — March 20, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Dang. I loved heath bars too. I could never decide between peanut butter cup, oreo, and heath blizzards. My favortire christmas candy was always the toffee too.

I bet you could just smooth thes and make them into bite-size bars if you are lazy like me and don’t want to make them into balls. Not the prettiest presentation that way though.

Tulika — March 20, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Oh my gosh, these look GREAT! Definitely foresee making these in the near future :). Also love the ribbon plate!!

Hannah — March 20, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Oh, I’m so envious! These look amazing but I’ve never seen toffee chips in Australia :(

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — March 20, 2011 at 10:41 pm

We don’t have Heath bars in Canada, but I have tried one before while in the US. We have Skor, which I think is similar.

Tasha @ Voracious — March 21, 2011 at 3:02 am

Toffee is one of my all time favorite things. I love the buttery salty sweetness. I’m going to have to get in my kitchen and make a batch of these…..YUMMMM!!!!

CathyK — March 21, 2011 at 3:34 am

AWESOME new recipe, averie!
    and thanks for the detailed photo tutorial…fyi, never think that the info you provide is “too basic” – as a novice in the kitchen, i appreciate seeing what the “dough” should look like at various stages of the prep process, for example. and, of course, your photography is great quality!
    fave choco bar ever? crispy crunch. i think it was the first choco bar i ever had in my life (didn’t get a lot of them as a child, but it’s an early memory) and still can’t be beat!

• #
      Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) — March 21, 2011 at 1:26 pm

if i dont post it, then someone writes to me with 17 questions so it cuts down on how many email replies i have to do too :)

rhea — March 21, 2011 at 4:34 am

POP ROCKS!!!! How fun would that be? :)

flawlessfoodie — March 21, 2011 at 4:56 am

Wow…YUMMY!!!

Now… i will take this one step further and add it to low fat frozen yogurt! (or soy icecream)

Thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth@The Sweet Life — March 21, 2011 at 5:18 am

Oh boy–blizzards are AMAZING!! Yum.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — March 21, 2011 at 5:20 am

YUM! Toffee dough balls sound soooo good! I love toffee, well, any candy really, LOL.

I also don’t think I can pick a favorite mainstream candy bar; I like soooo many! Kit-Kat’s, Whatchamacallit’s, (sp?), Hershey’s bars with almonds, Nestle Crunch, Take Five… so, so, so many. :lol:

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — March 21, 2011 at 5:27 am

Have you ever made haystack candy?! I feel like you’d love it…you melt butterscotch chips, stir in the crunchy chow-mein noodles and Heath bar bits, then drop them in little piles on wax paper. Ohmygoshsogood. Reminds me that I haven’t made them in WAY too long!!

Favorite mainstream candy bars are Hershey’s and Reese’s. Simple for me!!

Erica — March 21, 2011 at 5:42 am

Those look fantastic! I love that raw cookie desserts are just like eating cookie dough! I do like toffee, but only every once in a while. I’m not so much a chocolate girl, so wasn’t ever a big fan of the bars. I like the gross sugary candies :)

Nicole @ Fresh n Fit — March 21, 2011 at 5:44 am

Yum, These all look delicious. I need to make myself some ASAP!

Best thing I ate this weekend, Bri & Wild Mushroom pizza.

I love toffee. Has anyone ever hear the term Brickle Bit? Thats what we called it in my house growing up. My fiance though I made it up.

And my favorite candy bar is 3 Musketeers.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) — March 21, 2011 at 5:49 am

Heath Blizzard was my first blizzard and will forever be a fond memory! I used to love 3Muskateers. I am a fan of nougat!

Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete — March 21, 2011 at 6:10 am

I’m not a huge Heath bar fan, although I love toffee. These balls look great — and they look super adorable on your new plate with the ribbon!

My favorite mainstream candy bar would have to be Snickers. I just love those!

FoodFitnessFreshAir — March 21, 2011 at 6:16 am

Love Heath bars. And seriously, when is cookie dough ever a bad thing!? Well, unless you’re using raw eggs and you’ve got a sour one, but really, other than that, never. How about adding these to some coconut ice cream. I think that would be heavenly. Great recipe!

Salah (My Healthiest Lifestyle) — March 21, 2011 at 6:44 am

I just bought a big bag of cashews so I’ll have to try these out!

ps. Made your spring rolls with peanut sauce….BOMB!

Emily — March 21, 2011 at 6:47 am

I love your cake stand/cookie dough bite plate! :)

Rachel (tea and chocolate) — March 21, 2011 at 6:57 am

I’m not sure I’ve had a Heath bar. Crazy, I know. I do like toffee, though, and those dough balls look amazing! I’d love it if you could make Milky Way or Butterfinger dough balls.

kate@ahealthypassion — March 21, 2011 at 7:14 am

These look awesome I LOVE anything that tastes like cookie dough!

Kristina @ Life as Kristina — March 21, 2011 at 8:04 am

Mmm…you always have the best recipes:) My fam still raves over the choc covered vegan oreos…I want to try this one asap!

Sam @ the neurotic yogini — March 21, 2011 at 8:08 am

YES YES YES!!! thank you so much for posting this! haha, such a WONDERFUL idea! :)

<3333 heath bars!

vermont map with cities — March 21, 2011 at 8:20 am

i was wondering how can i get one to try out as well

map of virgin islands counties — March 21, 2011 at 8:29 am

please do keep on putting up more info!

Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) — March 21, 2011 at 8:36 am

oh i love toffee!!! THESE babies LOOK DANG GOOD!! and so nicely presented :D

Erin @ Big Girl Feats — March 21, 2011 at 9:11 am

Oh my gosh, SO good! I lovedddd Blizzards back in the day. I think Butterfinger Blizzards are next – those were my favorites!

map of washington counties — March 21, 2011 at 9:12 am

no person ever discovered to stroll with out taking the primary step.

Amber K — March 21, 2011 at 9:14 am

The best thing I ate this weekend? I made Angela’s cookie dough blizzards with your raw vegan cookie dough ball recipe! Sooooo good!

• #
      Amber K — March 21, 2011 at 9:25 am

Oh and my FAVE candy is Snickers. Oh and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, but you already have some pretty awesome recipes that look good for that.

Christine (The Raw Project) — March 21, 2011 at 10:11 am

Oh yeah, I remember Blizzards – thank goodness I was to young to care about the calories in them! The Toffee & Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites look divine, awesome job and thanks for the recipe! Great pics with the new dishes.

1. Not too much with yucky weather, saw a movie and went to the mall.
    2. Yes, love the crunchy sweet texture.
    3. Reese or anything with nut butters and dark chocolate. Or dark chocolate and mint.

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. — March 21, 2011 at 10:59 am

Your desserts look amazing! Are the toffee crumbles, Heath, suitable for vegans??

• #
      Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) — March 21, 2011 at 1:30 pm

toffee is just sugar and butter boiled and hardened; you can skip the butter and use fake butter but if you boil it all, you will create toffee. you can then add it to a recipe if not having the trace amount of dairy is something you don’t want.

Jen — March 21, 2011 at 11:39 am

Holy doughballs…I think I love you!!! These look so fetching good!!!!!
    Love the plate with the ribbon too, very cute ;)

Ari @ ThE DiVa DiSh — March 21, 2011 at 11:44 am

Yumm I love toffee! These sound so delicious!