No-Bake White Chocolate & Mango Cookie Dough Bites

Feast your eyes on these.

Why did I create today’s recipe?  Well….

….There is something about mango that I love.

…And there is something about cookie dough that I love.

…And there is something about white chocolate that I love.

So when I was brainstorming about what I’d like to create, I decided to combine those flavors.  I think you’ll love the result.

[print_this]

No-Bake White Chocolate & Mango Cookie Dough Bites (Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Seed-Free, Vegetarian)

For the Cookie Dough:

2/3 c cashews (unsalted, and raw if possible)

1/3 c dry oats

3 tbsp agave or maple syrup (or combination)

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/4 c dried and diced mango

1/4 c white chocolate chips/chunks + 1/4 c white chocolate chips/chunks for melting and drizzling on top

Yields: approximately 18 bites

Directions:

First add cashews and oats to Vita-Mix or food processor and grind into a fine powder.  Then, add the agave and vanilla extract and blend again.  Finally, add the mango and white chocolate chunks and either stir in by hand or barely blend/pulse until incorporated.  Retain some texture.

Remove the dough and form into cookie bites.  If dough is soft or hard to work with, refrigerate/freeze for 20 minutes prior to forming into bites.

After the bites are formed, drizzle them with white chocolate by melting 1/4 c white chocolate.  With a spoon, drizzle white chocolate over the top of the bites.  Optionally, dip each bite entirely into white chocolate.

Optional: add dried coconut flakes to each ball by rolling them in coconut at the end, or adding 1/4 c dried coconut to the dough.  Increase agave/maple slightly if dough is too dry.

Store the Bites in refrigerator or freezer.

[/print_this]

Pictures of the process

Cashews + Oats.  Grind into powder

Add agave/maple and vanilla extract to the cashew/oat powder and blend again.

Dough. You will know when your dough is the right consistency because it just looks like it’s going to stick together without being too wet or too crumbly.

Chop and add mango + white chocolate

A light and quick blend or hand stir.  Don’t pulverize the goodies.

Dough is ready

Form into bites

But I thought they were looking a little….

….Naked.

So I frosted them with 1/4 c of melted white chocolate.

Much.Better.

I thought they looked pretty sitting in the sun.

So I took a hundred pictures of them.  Not kidding.

This picture shows light coming in from the right hand side, the shadows are on the left.  Hello, Daylight Savings Time.

But I realize this is a food blog, not a photography blog.

So how did they taste you’re wondering?

They are perfect.

The cookie dough is spot on in terms of texture and flavor (you won’t miss the eggs, flour, or butter) and the mango adds a hint of sweetness.  But mango can also be a bit tart.

The white chocolate in the dough adds a bit more sweetness and balances the tartness of the mango.

And the white chocolate drizzles droplets on top complete them.  You can never have too much chocolate.  White, dark, or otherwise.

Chomp.

Leftovers won’t be a problem.

The dough I used for the White Chocolate Mango Bites is very similar to my Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough balls, which are closing in on an 18 month old (and one of my most popular!) recipes to date.

And I have other recipes with White Chocolate such as…

White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups with Chocolate Peanut Butter Centers

Or all white chocolate outside

…Or

Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting drizzle

From my last post about the Time Change and Daylight Savings time, sounds like most of you like the lighter evenings but did miss your hour of sleep and productivity over the weekend.

Thanks also for the tripod tips.  I am really trying to improve my photography.  As I mentioned in the last post, it’s my photography that has really become a new hobby and dare I say a new passion lately, and so I am willing to invest in a tripod and photography gear as needed.  It’s interesting because when I started my blog, it was about sharing recipes.   And now, I do love to come up with and share recipes, but I also want to photograph the food as beautifully as possible, too.

1. Do you like mango?

2. Do you like white chocolate?

Yes and I think white chocolate compliments other flavors, such as fruits, in a way that dark or milk chocolate doesn’t.   Don’t get me wrong, I will always love dark chocolate (and milk chocolate has never been high on my hit list no matter what) but something about white can be nice in the right recipe.

3. What should I include in my next cookie bite recipe?

Hit me with your ingredient lists and I will try to work them in!

P.S. If you’re just catching up on posts from the weekend, here are my posts since Friday:

How was your weekend?

102 Responses to “No-Bake White Chocolate & Mango Cookie Dough Bites”

Heather (Where's the Beach) — March 14, 2011 at 11:51 am

My hubby would LOVE these. He’s a big mango fan. I like the flavor, just not the texture of it when it’s fresh.

• Alison replied: — March 16th, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Yes I agree – they need to be refrigerated for at least a few hours, otherwise the texture is odd. By the way, your blog is great, as a vegetarian its really hard to find any recipes with flavor, I look forward to going through all the recipes here. And food photography just looks amazing!

Katie — March 14, 2011 at 11:53 am

These look amazing!!!!! So funny I have not bought mangos in FOREVER but I bought frozen ones today for a smoothie!!!! It must be a mango monday ; )

Happy Monday love! xoxo <3

Jennifer — March 14, 2011 at 11:54 am

Okay, so when I first clicked thru via Twitter I thought…there is NO WAY this can be a healthy vegan recipe. I love it when I’m wrong. :) This looks blissful and delicious, can’t wait to try!!!

Jess (In My Healthy Opinion) — March 14, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Those look delicious, Averie! :) I’m so jealous that you have TJ’s mango. I live about an hour and a half from TJ’s (and our Kroger doesn’t carry any brand at all), so it’s rare that I have any! :(

Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete — March 14, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I love white chocolate and to be honest I haven’t had mango enough to really know if I like it or not.

Your photographs are beautiful Averie — and it is nice to hear that photography is becoming a passion for you, how fun!

I’m still voting for a lemon bar-type cookie bite!

Heidi @ Food Doodles — March 14, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Yum! Those look awesome! I love mango so these are right up my alley. White chocolate is good, but I still love real chocolate better of course. But I’m not about to leave the white chocolate though :D

Felicia (a taste of health with balance) — March 14, 2011 at 12:41 pm

verrryyy nice photography averie! and loving this idea, they look so good!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — March 14, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Mango and white chocolate is a brilliant combo!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope — March 14, 2011 at 1:21 pm

SUCH a mango fan!!! And I always preferred white chocolate to dark… it has a very different flavor that is maybe a bit more “sweet” that I actually like more! FANTASTIC recipe! And I’m also definitely going to try out your dressing recipe, so thank you for the recommendation.

xxoo
    Heather

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — March 14, 2011 at 1:30 pm

These look amazing!!! I love mango and white chocolate, so this looks like a great combination. I’m going to have to try these.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) — March 14, 2011 at 1:32 pm

I am definitely a mango girl! LOVE IT!

Mary — March 14, 2011 at 1:44 pm

I don’t use mango often enough in my cooking. Your mango bites look delicious and would be a perfect place to start. This is my first visit to your blog and I’ve spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. I’m so glad I did. I really like the food and recipes you feature here. I’ll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings…Mary

Emmitt @ tinnitus miracle system — March 14, 2011 at 2:17 pm

I saw mango on sale recently and didn’t know what to do with it! Now I know. These look fabulous.

P.S. Your photography is great – no worries!

bitt — March 14, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Mmm, I love mango. These sound good, aside from the dairy part. But in Seattle we have access to white chocolate chips that ARE vegan. So no need to compromise there! Ela also makes her own white chocolate with cacao butter. It looks good.

New pics looks great!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — March 14th, 2011 at 6:41 pm

didnt see her post and i know you can mail order vegan white chocolate. in an old post, i referenced it once. actually in my white choc PB cup post, I believe.

melissa @ the delicate place — March 14, 2011 at 2:43 pm

never thought to combine those flavors. i might sub in dark chocolate since i’m not a white chocolate kinda girl. my hubs LOVES mango, it’s his fave fruit by far so i’ll have to get on it! i’d love to see a chai flavored something!

Katie — March 14, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I go to town on dried mango when I buy it. Its kind of a dangerous thing for me to get. Mango and white chocolate is a brilliant flavor combination! Seriously. It sounds awesome. I can actually taste the flavors jumping out of the screen with these photos!

Shira — March 14, 2011 at 3:02 pm

these look fantastic! what is that you use as white chocolate?? looks delish… is it nondairy?

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — March 14th, 2011 at 6:38 pm

it’s white baking chocolate or you can use white chocolate chips. I showed the photos of what i use in the post.

And it does contain dairy.

There is vegan white choc online if you google it if you need it, you can order it.

dragonmamma/naomi — March 14, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Must…eat…those! Grrr, no mango on hand…I just might try them with dried apricots, although I know it’s not the same.

Maris (In Good Taste) — March 14, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Mango sounds so refreshing right now – I can’t wait until spring and summer!

Evan Thomas — March 14, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Wow, Averie, you’re really vamping up your photography!

Jess@HealthyExposures — March 14, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Your pictures look outstanding!!!! You should be very proud. I know it probably gets old hearing me say this, but I so appreciate it when people truly want to learn about photography and how to use their cameras to the best of their ability, and I can tell you do :) Excited to see what gear you get!!
    And the bites? You are a Jill of All Trades, Master of everything ;) They look amazing, too!!
    I would be SO interested in a salty-sweet cookie dough ball!! I love the combo of apricots and pretzels, because of the salty and sweet. That’d be amazing in a cookie dough ball, methinks :) Of courseee, maybe I’m just weird…

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — March 14th, 2011 at 6:39 pm

thank you so much Jess. I truly want to get better at photography and I am loving it…and so it’s fun “work” and your photos are awesome and i truly appreciate your compliments :)

Cati — March 14, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Love mango! (not so much white chocolate but I bet dark choc. would be good too!) Have you ever had salted mango?? If you haven’t, before you say “ewww”..you should try it! There’s something about the salt that changes the mango’s taste, and almost the consistency too, definitely does not taste like salty fruit, which I agree, sounds sick!

Ally (oatsandspice) — March 14, 2011 at 4:20 pm

You totally need to start a raw cookie dough ball business – I swear you would make millions!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — March 14, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Your presentation is so beautiful!! I want to reach into my computer screen and pull out a cookie dough bite. I LOVE both white chocolate and mango.

I think your next bites should have a coffee flavour!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss — March 14, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Oh my goodness, these look so freaking good!!

Hannah — March 14, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Oh, why didn’t I think of adding white chocolate to my mango sunflower bites? You’re a clever one! :P

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — March 14th, 2011 at 6:43 pm

right AFTER i got done taking 258 photos of this recipe, I went to Angela’s site, and saw your balls.

Since I used my orig cookie dough recipe that’s 18 mos old as the “base”, and simply added white choc rather than dark choc chips, and added some mango, I was relieved when our recipes were different :)

• Hannah replied: — March 14th, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Teehee! I was originally going to write “great minds think alike” when I saw this post but then I decided that your great mind thought better than mine… cookie dough is just the best :)

Ela — March 14, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Love the vita step by step. Sounds like a yummy combo. Did you see my white chocolate (no sugar, no dairy) recipe I put up a couple days ago? I’m with you, I adore dark choc, but my adrenals take a pounding from it, so it was nice to make an alternative.

So much daylight here! I don’t like daylight savings because I think it’s ‘artificial’ (may have bored you with that before!) and also I’m a morning person and don’t care how late it’s dark in the evening, but I heard that they actually instituted it because it saves power use overall.

Awesome photography–even a rube like me can see it!
    love
    Ela

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — March 14th, 2011 at 6:44 pm

So many recipes in the sphere, so little time to catch all the posts! Sorry I missed that one :)

Aimee told me in the comments here about your white choc, and I also know one can order vegan white choc online, too. But making it at home sounds perfect.

Kristine — March 14, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Fancy lookin dough treats :) Love your creativity! The mango makes them look nice and “spring” like!

Emma (Namaste Everyday) — March 14, 2011 at 6:08 pm

my roommate is IN LOVE with white chocolate! I’m dreaming up a recipe for blondies with white chocolate chips

julie — March 14, 2011 at 6:17 pm

i feel like white chocolate is SUCH an underrated ingredient. the combo of mango and white chocolate is so genius on your part! i bet it’s like a sweety nutty combo :) in my life i need to get a vitamix and not be in school so i can make delicious treats like this and not have my blender smell like burnt rubber haha

Michelle — March 14, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Averie!! SOrry for the MIAness. I have been following you all along (and of course your adorable daughter – i can’t imagine your blog 3 yeras from now…5 years, 10 years. Skylar will be a grown up soon! heheh) but school isn’t really allowing me to be the dedicated blog follower/commenter that I hsould have been.

Your pictures are getting more and more gorgeous. I hope that you’re gonna have a bakery and cookbook or a restaurant some way down the line!!! I would LOVE to try your baked goods. Love your creativity in the kitchen. One of these days, when I get to bake again (i haven’t baked in 7 months!! YIKES!) i will dive right in to one of your recipes!!

Cara Craves... — March 14, 2011 at 6:42 pm

You never cease to amaze me!
    Your ideas are so creatively delicious!

Erica D @ Gratitouille — March 14, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Mmmmmm. MMMM. I was just snacking on some dried mango yesterday. I will be making these soon!

marla — March 14, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Averie, those no bake cookies look like such a treat. I can tell you are having fun with your new lens :) xo

Michele Sparrow — March 14, 2011 at 7:22 pm

White chocolate is my absolute FAVORITE flavor in the world!! I also love mango but just never even thought of putting them together! That sounds sooo awesome! And I love that you added even more white chocolate on the top. I have such a sweet tooth, so the sweeter the better!

Hmmm….flavors for cookies. How about something with figs, cinnamon, pecans, vanilla and white chocolate! Oooh…that sounds good! :-)

Maryann (The Balanced Bean) — March 14, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Oh my can I drive down and sample some!? anything with white chocolate is a winner in my book, but those bites look exceptionally great!

Annette @EnjoyYOURHealthyLife — March 14, 2011 at 7:47 pm

those look to-die for!! I <3 MANGo!!!!! But I don't love white chocolate…. maybe I could try it with dark?

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — March 14, 2011 at 7:48 pm

I looooove mango and these look delicious! I baked with mango this weekend too [then ate an entire fresh mango while watching a movie on Saturday night] nom nom nom.
    These look delicious. Everything you make looks delicious. Sheesh, I can’t make your recipes fast enough Averie!

Christine (The Raw Project) — March 14, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Awesome job, these look amazing! And fabulous pictures! They look so elegant, like something served at a wedding. But they probably taste way better. :-)

1. Yes and I’m thrilled it’s in season and getting cheaper. That’s one thing I miss about Florida, lots of free mangoes from friends trees.
    2. Sure, but not as much as dark.
    3. Mint.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — March 14, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Those white chocolate and mango balls look PERFECT! Love the flavor combo. And yes, I do like the flavor of mango and white chocolate, but not too much WC, it’s a bit on the sweet side and can turn me off in a few bites. Not like dark chocolate that I can eat endlessly, lol.

Your pictures are looking stunning! I see your improvements already. Great job!

Lauren — March 14, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Sweet lord those look amazing!!!

Rachel (tea and chocolate) — March 14, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Mango + white chocolate sounds like a great combination! I think white chocolate, walnut and strawberry cookie balls sound good. Not sure if you’d need dried strawberries or not.

And I’m loving all your photography posts. Your pictures look lovely!

mi-an — March 14, 2011 at 9:58 pm

NOM NOM NOM!! nothing else further to say… :)

Alaina Rose @ Sweetness of Life — March 14, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Wow! Those look so pretty and delicious. I LOVE eating food that’s beautiful :-) It makes it taste even better!

Nicole @ Fresh n Fit — March 15, 2011 at 5:27 am

OMG, those all look amazing! The Creme de Menthe bars are my favorite! I love peppermint!

Amber K — March 15, 2011 at 7:50 am

While I’m not a huge mango fan, I LOVE white chocolate. In fact, I think it’s way better than any other chocolate. I know it’s healthier when it’s darker, but I just can’t stand dark! I must make this immediately.

Sam (the neurotic yogini) — March 15, 2011 at 9:44 am

OMGOSH! you had me at white chocolate… then you added MANGO! MMMM. these are a few of my FAVORITE things!!! xoxo

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. — March 15, 2011 at 9:45 am

Love the “Mango Bites”.
    And the chocolate cups look incredible.
    Seriously, you don’t binge on all of this awesome food, do you?? I would eat the entire recipe in about 10 minutes!

kate m — March 15, 2011 at 3:04 pm

look delectable. just curious, why does your white chocolate say almond bark? how did you know when buying it that it would taste like white chocolate?

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — March 15th, 2011 at 3:17 pm

it’s for making almond bark but it’s white chocolate. It’s about 1/10th the price that way than if you buy white choc chips.

Christin@purplebirdblog — March 15, 2011 at 5:25 pm

These look crazygood! I would totally pair them with dark chocolate though… something about the thought of mango and dark chocolate gets me excited!! :)