Stash & Store

I pack Scott’s lunch every day and many days I include a bar of some kind in his lunch.  I also have at least one snack bar in my purse for Skylar and I when we’re out.  You never know when hunger is going to strike and a snack bar can buy valuable time with a preschooler.

I was looking through my stash…

…And decided this one was the gem of the day.

I reviewed Angell Bars Here

Of course, you could just make your own snack bars:

Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter & Oat Snack Bars that are ready in 3 minutes

As well as No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bars (with protein option) – Vegan, GF, freezer-friendly, fast

Or No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Coconut Oil Energy Bars (with protein option) – Vegan, GF, freezer-friendly, fast

After looking through my stash of snack bars, I had to pick up some fresh produce to replenish the produce stash.

I re-stashed my raisin and mango supply.

I use mango in the No-Bake White Chocolate & Mango Cookie Dough Bites I just made

And I love raisins!  I have an entire post dedicated to Raisins Recipes since I use them in so many recipes from savory to sweet!

I use those raisins in No-Bake Oatmeal Raisin Carrot Cake Bites

From my last post, about Free Gifts it sounds like many of you time your makeup purchases around complimentary gift with purchase events.  Nothing wrong with that!

And setting up an Amazon Store, well, I did it!

If you want to check out my store, go to my Shop Tab and the Amazon link is there.  I actually had set up the storefront two years ago, I just didn’t add any products to it until a day ago.  Nothing like having an empty store for two years.  Better late than never.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in in the comments on my last post about being an Amazon Affiliate vs. Having an Amazon Storefront.  It sounds like many of you have tried your hand at being an affiliate and have tried displaying Amazon banners and widgets on your sites so that if someone purchases something from Amazon via your link/widget/banner, you get some credit$.  Sounds like some of you have stuck with it, and others haven’t.

I don’t think I am going to display any banners or widgets on my site, but will just have my Amazon Store linked in my Shop Tab.  If people want to see what I personally use and recommend, great.   The link to my Amazon Store is there now and the store is somewhat stocked but I will be adding more products that I really love.

Everything that I add is something I personally use, endorse, and happily recommend to others and don’t plan to really “promote” it much.  It’s there if you want to know what I like and use, but if not, no worries.

1. Do you have a stash of anything in your kitchen or house?

I have posted about what I always keep on hand.  My kitchen and pantry staples post highlights what I keep on hand and what I have a stash of.

2. Do you have any favorite stores or websites, in general?

Stores and sites I enjoy in no particular order:  Target, Forever 21, Be Present, Anthropologie, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Bath & Body Works, Mac Makeup, Mac Computers, West Elm, Williams Sonoma, Bed Bath & Beyond, Bebe, Victoria’s Secret, iHerb, Amazon, and so many more.

3. Did you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in any way?  Did you possibly go out?  Stories please!

Other than eating lots of green plants, I didn’t really celebrate the day.  I was too busy working, being a mom, and setting up my Amazon store!

44 Responses to “Stash & Store”

Jess@HealthyExposures — March 18, 2011 at 3:08 am

Ohhh, yes, I have a bar stash! In the car, in my lunch bag, at the barn, in my purse. I think the only reason it’s grown to epic proportions is because I’ve gradually phased out of relying on bars for an afternoon snack, but I know this spring and summer when I’m not baking so much and am hangin’ out at the barn all day, they’ll come in handy! The child in me LOVES those Z-Bars. :]
    I didn’t chime in on your Amazon post, but I’m psyched to see you went through with the store! I see that being really handy for you. I can only imagine how many inquiries you must get for “what ____ you use.” Now I know where to look! Favorite online stores (food-wise) would be iHerb and newly, Nuts Online!

CathyK — March 18, 2011 at 3:25 am

love that stash of bars, averie!! looks like a hallowe’en trick or treat bag! bars are the best to have on hand for anyone and everyone in the household.
    i’m a bigtime “stasher” – mostly TP and paper towels! why do i think i need 30 rolls in storage??!
    good luck with the amazon store – sounds like a fun new endeavour!
    no shenanigans for st patty’s here, either. and that’s ok!!

Emma (Namaste Everyday) — March 18, 2011 at 3:38 am

thank you for reminding me about the microwavable bars, I really cannot afford to buy them here in New Zealand any longer! I must make them soon!

sara — March 18, 2011 at 4:04 am

i’m always replenishing my stash of various teas. i don’t think i could keep a stash of bars like you have — i’d always be snacking on them :)

i like target, h&m, aldo shoes, black phoenix alchemy lab (perfume) and of course amazon. i’ll have to check out your amazon store!

VeggieGirl — March 18, 2011 at 4:06 am

1.) I have a stash of snack bars (like yours) for Suave Slav in my kitchen :)

2.) Too many!

3.) I wore green bracelets and gave festive cards to my parents and Suave.

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope — March 18, 2011 at 4:12 am

My dad used to always skip lunch at work, so I got him into the habit of stocking healthy bars in his office. It’s such a healthy, simple idea and can make a big impact on work productivity and mood! :)

Keep me updated on the Amazon store. I’d love to get your feedback!

My favorites? Barnes and Noble, Anthropologie, Buckle, Bath & Body, Victoria’s Secret, Target, Pottery Barn, and Express to name a few.

xxoo
    Heather

lindsay — March 18, 2011 at 4:19 am

your stash looks like my stash. But I use those bars for my hubs. He’s such a lurker in the kitchen. haha.
    I need to go check out your amazon store!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) — March 18, 2011 at 5:08 am

We made fish and chips here. Nothing major…Tony celebrated with gimlets since no gluten free green beer is available. I need to check out your store. I may do that since people ask me about products I use all the time. Do you use dairy free white chocolate chips and where do you get them?

Have a great day Averie!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — March 18th, 2011 at 4:43 pm

no i dont use dairy free white chocolate. I think Enjoy Life makes some or you can order online but for me, it’s not necessary, so I just use white baking choc, like i showed in the photo, or TJs white choc chips :)

Erica — March 18, 2011 at 5:19 am

I pack a bar in Josh’s lunch every day as well. And I always just have tons on hand. I prefer to make my own….but its just not practical for me to making bars 24/7. The fruit looks yummy. I want some fresh grapes and dried mango (my fav!). We didn’t celebrate yesterday (whoops). YES- we loved your bake so much! Josh was like what is this it is SO good. ;)

Heather (Where's the Beach) — March 18, 2011 at 5:26 am

We have an entire drawer dedicated to Gu and gels, power bars, energy bars, granola bars. It’s overflowing. Reminds me….I need to get one back in my purse. Always try to keep food with me at all times. A girl gets hungry ;-)

Holly @ Couch Potato Athlete — March 18, 2011 at 6:01 am

I have a few stashes: tea, bars, nut butters, choc chips (different varieties for when I feel like baking!), and I used to have quite the stash of protein powders — lots of different flavors, etc. Now I stick with vanilla.

Favorite stores: the grocery store, Trader Joes, Target, Macy’s, Bath and Body Works.

Nope, we didn’t go out — just stayed home and had dinner there!

radioactivegan — March 18, 2011 at 6:05 am

I had some friends over for “Irish” food (anything with potatoes worked in seemed to be the bill of the day), trashy tv, and board games. All in all, it was a festive time.

lauren @ spiced plate — March 18, 2011 at 6:12 am

Woah, what a stash! I love Larabars, since they’re gluten free, but I also have so much fun making my own!

I don’t really have a stash of much…maybe almonds and other nuts…very squirrel-like, huh?

Nicole @ Fresh N Fit — March 18, 2011 at 6:15 am

I have a starch of grains, brown rice, millet, quinoa, couscous and barley. I never decide which grain I want until right before I eat, so its good to have a variety on hand.

My favorite store right now is target. They have great bathing suits right now, I just bought 6 :)

Bria @ West of Persia — March 18, 2011 at 6:19 am

That’s quite an, ummmmm, stash you’ve got there, Averie ;-)

Funny, I DID buy the spiralizer recently, after you most recently posted about it. In fact, it arrived yesterday. It would’ve been nice to click through to buy it from you, but next time.

I’ve thought about an Amazon store. You’ve motivated me to actually look into doing it. I do get a lot of questions on where Persian ingredients can be found online when I blog about Persian recipes. Amazon does indeed carry a lot of the stuff I use.

My St. Paddy’s day celebration was eating an avocado. Ha! Other than that, I was out and about in NYC and did my best to steer clear of the revelers. Not easy. They were everywhere. And loud. And funny at times. It was a beautiful day and the parade was happening.

Have a great Friday.

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — March 18, 2011 at 6:23 am

I went out last night, but just for one beer- I had to drive home!! I’m glad I got out of the house though. It was nice to see some old friends, and watch all the drunk people…

Favorite websites = Zappos, J.Crew, Lululemon, and a slew of blogs, obviously. I honestly think that I spend WAY less time online shopping now that I read blogs, which is a good thing!!

Happy Friday Averie!!

rebecca lustig — March 18, 2011 at 7:02 am

i definitely have my ‘go-to’ bar stash. totally necessary on my busiest days so that i don’t have an excuse for not taking care of myself :)

happy friday!

road map of south dakota — March 18, 2011 at 7:11 am

This is one of the best blogs Ive ever read.

Christine (The Raw Project) — March 18, 2011 at 7:44 am

Interesting, I’ve never tried Angell bars. Great inspiration for making your own bars. Very cool about the Amazon store, hope it does well!

1. Nothing I’d call a stash, I do keep plenty of grapes, bananas, kale and spinach in my freezer for backup smoothie fillers.
    2. Target, Amazon, Trader Joe’s , Whole Foods and Costco.
    3. Nope, just made green socca. A department at work had a St. Patty’s day potluck and it filled the halls with awful smells of over-vinegared corned beef and cooked, salty sauerkraut – ick!

Katie — March 18, 2011 at 8:47 am

I stash produce…but I can never seem to keep it around longer than a day. I have a few bars for emergencies, but I’m not a huge fan.

Victorias Secret, Target, Old Navy, Amazon, any and all bookstores. I love to browse at more fancy places, but I don’t buy. There’s this awesome kitchen store downtown that I go to about once every other month or so, just to pine away and wish I were made of money. :)

Sam @ the neurotic yogini — March 18, 2011 at 8:56 am

I love Origins! And am super excited cuz I’ll be getting my order shipped today! :)

Yesterday I had two GREEN smoothies, but that’s about the extent of my celebrating.. cept for the few glasses of wine. :)

Heidi @ Food Doodles — March 18, 2011 at 9:15 am

For a while these I thought I was a food hoarder, because I stash a lot of food. Mostly dried fruit, nuts, dried beans and lentils and even grains. I like having a lot of things on hand because I don’t usually make a plan for what I’m making, I like to just be able to make it without going to the store. Fresh stuff we buy pretty frequently though.

Amber K — March 18, 2011 at 9:22 am

You know, it’s funny. But I just realized I don’t have a stash of anything! What’s up with that? Now I think I’m missing out on something…;)

Leslie — March 18, 2011 at 10:04 am

I’m a little bit of a tea junkie and get kinda anxious when I don’t have a good variety stash! Namely green tea, but I don’t like it just plain—-with flavors please! I also most always have bars (homemade mostly, but there are always a few organic z-bars and larabars around), and nut butters!

Naomi — March 18, 2011 at 10:23 am

if go out means go to work..then yes! haha I didnt even know it was st pattys day until i was driving to work and saw some crazies in the street in all green…thats how much it means to me haha

oh yes I hoard food :) haha my mom always used to get mad because I would buy stuff when I didn’t need it at all and it would just take up space (I no longer live at home I can hoard all I want! haha) i always have unlimited oats, sweet potatoes, stevia, cinnamon and chicken whether it be frozen or fresh…ALWAYS. I also always keep almonds or a protein bar in my bag and car…ya never know!

Debra — March 18, 2011 at 11:40 am

Man! My kids would go nuts if I had stuff like this in my pantry. It looks so good, I’ll have to try this out sometime!

Jen — March 18, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I currently have a yogurt stash. Every time I go to the store, I can’t resist picking up a couple of containers, my current obsession is anything Chobani.

• Colleen replied: — March 18th, 2011 at 3:43 pm

I also love Chobani with a passion. My fave is blueberry :)

McKella — March 18, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I have a stash of Lindt dark chocolate bars. I love the 90% and 85% cocoa bars, and the chili and sea salt varieties. Yummy.

• Colleen replied: — March 18th, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I adore Lindt products! I compared Ghirardelli, Godiva, and Lindt 80% dark once; Ghirardelli was okay, but Godiva tasted like Hershey Special Dark compared to Lindt haha

Colleen — March 18, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Oh yeah, I’ve been hiding, hoarding, and stashing items for years, mainly to keep them from being stolen by my sisters. Usually it would be candy hidden in my room (I’m an expert at making a thin Lindt bar disguise between the books) or hidden in the pantry. and I love Z-Bars!! I’ve tried the honey, choc chip, and brownie, and I’ve decided that the brownie is the best :) if not Z-Bars I’ll eat FiberOne (which I’ve discovered taste really bad) or Kashi TLC dark mocha almond ;)

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. — March 18, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I stash Books. Favorite Shops: Sweetskins. Hempest. Hemp Hoodlamb.

You are the Queen of Balls & Holes!

Jen — March 18, 2011 at 5:25 pm

I always have snack bars in my kitchen too :D

Heather @ kissmybroccoli — March 18, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Haha! Love your bar stash! I have one of those too…and I totally hoard dried fruits like the apocalypse is coming! I can’t help it! I’m totally drawn to new varieties (just recently tried dried peaches and currants) and I’m a total sucker for dried fruit and nut mixes!

Favorite store ever has to be Trader Joe’s, but my favorite shopping type stores are TJ Maxx, Target, and Bed Bath & Beyond (I could spend hours)!

I stayed in for St. Paddy’s Day and made some mint chocolate chip dessert hummus! Delicious AND festive! ;)

AerisRocks — March 19, 2011 at 12:47 am

home insurance %]]] nj car insurance 8-) business insurance 715

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — March 19, 2011 at 10:25 am

I don’t have any stashes that I can think of. My favourite store is Century 21 in NY :-)

lisa — March 20, 2011 at 8:54 am

Hey love your site! Where is the nutrional info located? thanks!

lisa — March 20, 2011 at 8:55 am

nutritional info??

Christin@purplebirdblog — March 20, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Can I get you to please pack my lunches too please? ;)

lisa — March 20, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Im curious to know where you have the recipes nutrional info listed- for those of us and those of us who have kids that we need to see the calorie and sugar content ect

Wine Gift Ideas — March 23, 2011 at 6:42 pm