Bunny Crafts

Skylar made a crown with a bunny on it at preschool this week.

Complete with cotton ball “hair”.

And she made an Easter Basket Bunny using a milk carton.

The back was filled with plastic eggs containing stickers.  And jelly beans!

The frantic search was on.  She knew those jelly beans were in there.

Ahh, found one five.

Sweet, sugary bliss.

And smiles.

Watch that green jelly bean saliva about to drip right out.  Oh well.

It turned out to be a beautiful afternoon Friday.

I got in a great 3 mile run among the palm trees.

I saw some pretty flowers and plants on my path.

And did some at-home yoga moves and a quickie indoor workout for 20 minutes after my run.

Then I ate plants.

Dressed with Orange Coconut Lemon Pepper Vinaigrette Salad Dressing

And I always eat dessert.  I don’t have the photos edited or the recipe typed, but I came up with a new dessert recipe and it involved white chocolate.

And I am not talking about White Chocolate Mango Cookie Dough Bitesalthough those are always a winner.

I’ve been on a white chocolate kick the past few months and loving it.

If you missed my last post about some of the delicious recipes I’ve saw this past week in the ‘sphere, check that out.  For those who did see it, thanks for letting me know that you liked what you saw.  I can’t take credit for those recipes; thank this wonderful community and fellow bloggers for their contributions and great grub!

1. What are your plans for Easter Sunday if you’re celebrating?

I know the Easter Bunny is going to make a stop here with an Easter Basket for my bunny-crown-wearing lovebug.

And I have to work.  But not until later in the day so we get to spend most of the day together, doing fun stuff.

2. Do you like jelly beans?

I love sugar, chocolate, candy, desserts, but jelly beans are a treat I am just not into.  Never was. They just taste like crystallized sugar to me and they get stuck in my teeth.  I know some people love them, but for me, meh. I’ll save my chew for a chocolate recipe.

Happy Easter!   Enjoy your Weekend!

56 Responses to “Bunny Crafts”

Lauren (Diary of a Vegan Girl) — April 23, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Skylar is adorable!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss — April 23, 2011 at 1:32 pm

She is so cute!! I remember Easter and what not when I was that age..it was always so much fun!!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — April 23, 2011 at 1:34 pm

After the Easter Bunny comes, we are heading to church and then out for Easter brunch. I’m with you on the jelly beans, even as a kid I was never a fan. Bring me the chocolate!!

Anne — April 23, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Skylar is so alive and shining…:-). Nice easter to you all!

Efka — April 23, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Nope, JB are not for me

McKella — April 23, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I have no idea what I’m doing for Easter Sunday. I’m currently at my family’s house, but Sam just found out he has to work tomorrow, so we might be taking off early! We’re doing little Easter baskets for each other and I might talk my mom into hiding some eggs for us:)
    And I’m with you on the jelly bean issue. I’d rather eat chocolate or a real dessert.

hippierunner — April 23, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Aw Skylar is so cute!! I like trying the weird flavored jellybeans from the Harry Potter merchandise, you know like grass, vomit, popcorn flavor. They’re…interesting.

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — April 23, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Skylar is absolutely beautiful and you take such fabulous pictures of her!! God, I wish my parents had a fraction of the lovely photos of me that you have of Skylar, LOL. I probably have less than 100 total spanning my entire childhood, haha.

I’m the same way! I don’t particularly care for jelly beans!! Love sugary and sweets, but jelly beans… Meh. The texture doesn’t feel good on my teeth. I’d rather have chocolate or Twizzlers. :P They taste too much like plain sugar, I’m not crazy about marshmallows either unless they’re roasted and melty. :)

I was thinking about your mango snack balls today! Weird, I know. But they sounded sooo good! Refreshing, even. Maybe I was thirsty… and the first thing I think of is sweet snack balls, LMAO! :roll:

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — April 23rd, 2011 at 3:36 pm

What’s really scary and i was JUST talking to some friends about this yesterday is that we all have sooo many pics of our kids (and life!) now on digital and does anyone ever really print these out and make proofs? No.

So if we were to ever lose the images, they are gone forever…I dont know what to print, make snapshots of, etc etc…from her to our vacay’s to life shots…food for thought….

Mango balls. They are crazy good. You dont even need the mango. Just the dough without mango…it’s like heaven for me :)

• J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) replied: — April 23rd, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Yeah, I think of that all the time! I actually have a photo printer. My grandmother bought it for us, so I print my best pictures and it’s super easy, but I don’t print 99% of them, LOL. You can also put the images on a memory card or flash drive and bring it to Target or Walmart or wherever they develop pics and they will print them into real photos for you. It’s hard to pay for print photos when you can take so many for free, but like you said, if you lose them all, that’s it. I can’t tell you how many times I have transferred image files from one computer to another! I should just print them and be done with them, haha.

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope — April 23, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Skylar is such a sweetheart and cutie!!! I remember making crazy bunny projects when I was in grade school. I used to love them… and love showing them off. ;)

I was never a big candy person in general. My dad usually got my Easter candy – jelly beans included!

Emily @ Comfortable Home Life — April 23, 2011 at 3:39 pm

I don’t like jellybeans either! Yesterday was National Jellybean Day so I was forced to try some due to my celebration of food holidays. I popped a few in my mouth and decided nope, still don’t like ‘em! I’m with you on the chocolate boat.

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. — April 23, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Oh goodness…..I used to love Jelly Bellies! I kind of wish I had gotten some vegan Easter candy, as there are so many different types this year! But I didn’t! And I always feel like total bum afterwards, so will stick to my weird-a*ss date, hemp, protein, sunflower seed, green powder, blueberry, flax, etc….creations!!!!!! Not yummy like a vegan Cadbury egg, BUT I won’t regret it for a zillion hours later :)

Sable@SquatLikeALady — April 23, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Awww Skylar looks so happy :)

I actually do not like jelly beans. I am more of a chocolate girl ;-)

Sonia @ Master of Her Romaine — April 23, 2011 at 4:37 pm

I <3 Skylar's arts and crafts!
    And I like jelly beans…but only the licorice ones!

bitt — April 23, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Skylar is adorable! So she is in preschool now? No more home schooling? I have been thinking more about school and kids lately and I’d love to know what your thoughts were in changing, privately if it’s too much to reveal publicly of course.

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — April 23rd, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Being that I work full time and so does Scott, there is no household I know of who can pull off 100% parent-based care, 100% of the time, with both parents working FT. I work nights, he works days, neither of us sleep, but there are times when we just have to rely on care of others for her. Thus, we have her in a preschool program so that we can work. You could call it childcare but it’s more than that. We do love the spirit of homeschooling but it’s not feasible for us right now, 100%.

• bitt replied: — April 24th, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Of course! I get it. It takes a village to raise a child for sure.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — April 23, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Skylar is so cute! We are doing family stuff tomorrow. I can’t believe you have to work on Easter! Where do you work!?

Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food — April 23, 2011 at 6:57 pm

awww she’s precious! :)

I so want to do an easter egg hunt and it’s just me and my husband! sigh someday we’ll have some little ones to hide candy for :)

I’m not a fan of candy but I do love baked goods! mmm cupcakes :)

Ellie@fitforthesoul — April 23, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Skylar’s so cute! love the bunny basket–it looks like it’s literally staring me down :P me too! I’ve never liked jelly beans. I’m not a fan of most candies, like just sugary stuff. (except for the ones from argentina where I’m from)

Holly @ The Runny Egg — April 23, 2011 at 7:54 pm

I love Skylar’s crafts — how cute! When I was younger I wanted to be a teacher (preschool or Kindergarten) because I wanted to do crafts all day long.

We ‘re spending the morning with my parents, then the afternoon with Jason’s mom’s side of the family, then I think we’ll head home and relax for a while. I wish I had taken Monday off of work!

Katie — April 23, 2011 at 10:03 pm

My mom used to fill those plastic eggs with jelly beans and m&ms and random candy. I loved it. We never did easter egg hunts, but we did have to find our baskets.

I was invited to an Easter Egg hunt tomorrow afternoon, but not really the most exciting Easter for a single 31 year old.

Christine (The Raw Project) — April 23, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Adorable Skylar pics! And beautiful outdoor pics, wow!

1. Getting together with family at my sister’s house and I only need to make a salad this time!
    2. I used to be a huge Jelly Belly fan, but haven’t had them in years and recently learned they’re not vegan.

sophia — April 23, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Ooh jelly beans…I haven’t had those in quite some time. I’m not doing much for Easter, I just plan to go to church and commemorate Christ’s sacrifice for us. :-)

Erica — April 24, 2011 at 12:29 am

Love the kids crafts :). And I hope the bunny is good to your baby!! We’re having family over for Easter dinner. Other than that, hopefully getting some sleep and sun in- its been a CRAZY weekend. And I do like jelly beans. I have a strange love for super sugary candies

megan @ the oatmeal diaries — April 24, 2011 at 1:06 am

Can’t get over how cute Skylar is!! And I’ve always hated jelly beans… give me chocolate!!

saravixen — April 24, 2011 at 2:35 am

Skylar is just too adorable! You really have one cute daughter :) (specially the ‘found five’ pic).
    I don’t like jellybeans either, I think they have a weird taste and structure.

Angela (Oh She Glows) — April 24, 2011 at 5:17 am

Skylar’s beautiful smile never fails to put a smile on my face! Love the crown too.
    Happy Easter!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — April 24th, 2011 at 5:28 am

Aww, you’re too sweet, Angela!

Hope you’re feeling better and on the mend. Happy Easter to you too :)

Leslie — April 24, 2011 at 6:30 am

Skylar has the brightest smile! (Just like her mama!) She’s adorable!

We were planning on doing an Easter Egg Hunt outdoors but it’s been stormy so we might put it off a day, or try indoors later if it doesn’t clear up. ALSO, I’m on the mend from getting my wisdom teeth out Friday. I cannot wait to start making (non-mushy) food, but for now, it’s mainly smoothies, applesauce, yogurt, and green juice! (and I did have a little ice cream!!) I am enjoying the extra tlc from my hubby and little one though! THey have been super sweet. ;)

Oh and Jelly Beans—do not like the off brand ones, but the starbursts jelly beans and jelly bellys are really good! We actually didn’t buy any this year though.

Heather (Where's the Beach) — April 24, 2011 at 6:51 am

Oh I used to love making arts and crafts stuff at school. So much fun and so messy!

Amber K — April 24, 2011 at 7:39 am

I love Skylar’s beautiful smile, you can tell how happy she is! I don’t mind the taste of jelly beans but I can’t stand how they stick to my teeth, so annoying.

I’m off to church this Easter morning, hope you have a good day :)

lynn @ the actor's diet — April 24, 2011 at 8:26 am

i do love jelly beans but i haven’t had them in years. this will all change on monday, when they’re on sale!

Christin@purplebirdblog — April 24, 2011 at 11:58 am

Happy Easter, Averie! I hate jelly beans… and candy corn for that matter! Pure sugar.. blech! I’ll take some delicious chocolate any day! :)

Pure2raw twins — April 24, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Skylar is too cute!! Happy Easter!!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — April 24, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Skylar is so sweet :-) She is just a doll!!!

I don’t like jelly beans … or any candy for that matter!

Ivan — April 25, 2011 at 9:59 am

Hola
    Que interlocutores buenos:)
    Ivan

Beth — April 26, 2011 at 9:06 am

Used to love jelly beans. Now I find the taste not so pleasing, and they stick to my molars. Yuck!

Krista — April 26, 2011 at 11:55 am

That milk carton rabbit is the cutest thing ever! :)