Spring Fever & Summer Excitement

I got my hair color touched up on Thursday.

I was in need of a little springtime freshening.  The ole roots were talking to me and I didn’t like what they had to say.

Much better!

Last week I did a big post on all the Hair Products I’ve been using and loving, too, in case hair talk is your thing.

The weather has been gorgeous here…

…and I’d be lying if I said going to the beach, pouring a margarita or sex on the beach

…and blowing off all responsibilities doesn’t sound kinda fun.  Spring fever, I think!   Or would that be summertime fever?

But since I have to work, be a mommy, and have real life stuff to get done, that beach day is going to have to wait til I am on vacation.   But that’s coming up!

No sex on the beach today, just salad.   <— I think I’d prefer the former but the later was my reality.

With Maple Ginger Mango Tofu

And I nibbled on a Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter & Oat Snack Bar

From my last post, thanks for telling me about your Bests.  And your beater licking stories.  And yes, licking frosting from beaters is a-okay in my book. I mentioned at the bottom of the post what I had actually made for all the inquiring minds who asked.   And, yes, it was amazing.

And congrats to the coconut oil give away winner, too!

1. Do you have plans for the weekend?

I do, but they involve working.

When I’m not working, I’d like to spend some time in the kitchen creating, making, baking, and then photographing the finished results.

Then again, parking my butt outside and working on my tan and reading a book sounds pretty great.  But I will be doing that soon.

2. Do you get Spring Fever?  Or have Summer Fever?  What are you looking forward to this summer?

I guess the appropriate term may be Summer Fever since spring is here and summer is almost here.

I love spring and summer because…

Eating sushi outdoors with the family is great

Going out for drinks is fun!

And pool meetups with friends are awesome!

I actually just came across my Summer Highlights 2010 PostThat I forgot I wrote.  Whoops.

What are you looking forward to about summer?  Any fun things, events, or trips planned?

54 Responses to “Spring Fever & Summer Excitement”

Lauren — April 30, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Ah, LOVING the spring like weather but I just checked the 10 day forecast and it looks awful for the next week. So much RAIN! Ugh, oh well, this post just made me want to go out and enjoy the sunshine now. Our weekend is super relaxed. Some shopping, cleaning, cooking…just perfect! Have a great weekend!!

Red Deception — April 30, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Your hair looks great! I’ve always wished I could pull of the summery blonde look, but I don’t have the money to maintain a blonde ‘do. I have to stick with boring old red for now!

I am getting bad summer fever. It’s almost May and it’s still cold out… -3C! I want it to warm up so I can go biking and running outside without being bundled up!

cathy — April 30, 2011 at 1:56 pm

we have such a beautiful day here, finally, that i TOTALLY have spring fever.
    the best part of summer for me is just the weather. unlike SOME PEOPLE (hmm, hmm!), we have two months of hot temps in the year…and i just make the most of it: lots of time outside, social events out and about in the evenings…i can’t wait!!
    “The ole roots were talking to me and I didn’t like what they had to say. ” –>thanks for the chuckle, averie! comments like this just make my day! your hair looks great, by the way!
    enjoy your weekend!

Jennifer@ knackfornutrition — April 30, 2011 at 1:59 pm

I’m looking forward to escaping the southern heat this summer by relocating to DC! I can’t wait! Your hair looks so good!

VeggieGirl — April 30, 2011 at 2:00 pm

LOVE your hair touch-up! Great color & quality.

This summer I’m looking forward to lots of traveling and dance competitions – scary but exciting :D

• VeggieGirl replied: — April 30th, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Haha and I love what you said about the sex on the beach drink vs. the salad ;)

Susan — April 30, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Your hair looks gorgeous! I’ve never had my hair colored but I kind of want to.

Even though I’ll still be in school during the summer, I’m looking forward to summer produce, a more laid-back schedule (hopefully!), time to work on some good goals, and most importantly – the SUN! It makes everything better.

PS – The other day I was thinking gosh I eat a lot of veggies and chocolate and I thought of you!

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — April 30, 2011 at 2:34 pm

Getting away sounds dreamy. :) I am gettings pring fever, too. I’m a homebody by nature, but I really want to get out there and so some summery things. So Dustin and I just made a summer bucket list. Being self-emplyed, if you don’t take days off, they aren’t given!!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — April 30th, 2011 at 2:49 pm

“Being self-emplyed, if you don’t take days off, they aren’t given”–isnt THAT the truth! take your days hon, you deserve them!!!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — April 30, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I have so much to look forward to this summer!!!

I have 2 months off from work, with no responsibilities besides 1 class I am taking … other than that, I can just work out, cook, read, hang out …

We also have a friends wedding this summer, and my sister’s wedding, for which I am the matron of honour. It should be a really fun summer!!!!!!

Your hair looks great Averie. Reminds me that I need to go and get mine done. I am so lazy with my hair.

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — April 30th, 2011 at 2:50 pm

thanks Jolene and thanks for catching up on all my posts…just read all your sweet comments.

glad you guys had a great trip!!

Lauren (Diary of a Vegan Girl) — April 30, 2011 at 2:41 pm

You have such pretty hair!

I am so ready for summer! I am looking forward to no school, a trip back to Michigan to see my family, and doing a lot of pleasure reading!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) — April 30, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I plan on spending tons of time on the lake! I want to get away so badly right now. I hope you’re having a great weekend other than the work part!

Colleen — April 30, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Ugh I have finals at the beginning of June and I am NOT looking forward to a month of studying! Can’t wait for summer!!

McKella — April 30, 2011 at 3:14 pm

The rest of my weekend plans include cleaning, cooking food to take for dinner at work next week, working on writing and trying to relax before I start my job, which I just found out might not be able to keep me after the summer, which is super-scary because Orem is a double college town and fall is the WORST time to find a job around here!

Emma (Namaste Everyday) — April 30, 2011 at 3:24 pm

I’m looking forward to going to the farmer’s market!

Ally (oatsandspice) — April 30, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Your hair looks great – just in time for summer! It looks like the weather there is basically “summer-like”. SO jealous… hopefully it will start to warm up here soon!

Your daughter is adorbs – I bet she is so much fun! Have a great weekend!

kristine — April 30, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Random question, but have you ever considered going brunette? You make a lovely blonde, but I really think you would look incredible with a nice light brown!

Im looking forward to a trip to Laguna beach!!! (I am from Canada :))

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — April 30th, 2011 at 5:05 pm

yes have been all shades of brunette (and blonde and red) and I prefer blonde

have fun in laguna!

Paige @ Running Around Normal — April 30, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Beautiful hair!!

I ran a half marathon today! Other than that, relaxing and training tomorrow. Possible a pedicure :)

Heidi @ Food Doodles — April 30, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Definitely got spring/summer fever. I can’t wait to blow up our inflatable toddler pool in the backyard and relax :) Inflatable pools may not be as cool, but that’s the closest to a pool in the backyard we’re ever going to get :D No other plans for the summer really, just day trips and such.
    I just went to take prom pictures for my brother in law and his GF. I had so much fun but I’m exhausted! Carrying a 20 lb baby plus camera bag and taking pictures is hard :(

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — April 30th, 2011 at 6:18 pm

I am sure i could figure this out..but how do you have a brother in law who’s going to prom..unless your hubs has a wayyyy younger brother?

yes, cameras and babies are both super heavy. i remember those days of lugging skylar and all my gear…

• Heidi @ Food Doodles replied: — April 30th, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Haha, yes his brother is 5 years younger than us. And he has two even younger sisters too. Can’t wait to help dress them up! I didn’t go to my prom so I’m super excited to see them go and help out, and take pictures :D

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — April 30, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Today we got a real taste of spring – sunny and 70! next week is supposed to be like 55-60. Yuck! At least it won’t be raining. I am going back and forth to a gluten free conference/expo this weekend. It is so much fun!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — April 30th, 2011 at 6:17 pm

that sounds so fun! let me guess….lots of time sitting in chicagoland traffic or on the tollways…I dont miss those..haha!

Jess — April 30, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Love the color!!
    Have a lovely weekend <3

Holly @ The Runny Egg — April 30, 2011 at 7:22 pm

I hope this isn’t a downer comment, but I really don’t know what we’re doing this summer besides running our marathon. I hope we take a vacation (we need one!!!) but until we know more about Jason’s job possibilities I really don’t want to plan something that might not happen, you know?

But I would love for us to take a trip to CA or FL or just somewhere near the ocean!!! And if that doesn’t happen we’ll maybe take a weekend to go to Chicago or something — just somewhere away from home!

charlotte — April 30, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Seeing as we have snow (SNOW!) in the forecast for this next week, I don’t think I’m allowed to have Spring Fever yet. Spring depression maybe… Your hair looks cute!

sophia — April 30, 2011 at 8:11 pm

The weather is pretty warm these days, ain’t it? It’s a bit too warm for me! Funny because I used to think low 70s was chilly. Ha!

I can’t remember…but have you done a post on cocktails? I’d love to know which are your favorites, and whether you kick up your legs at home with a cool cocktail once in a while. I’m asking because I’m trying to appreciate cocktails more…it sucks to be Virgin Mary whenever I’m out with friends. Haha!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — May 1st, 2011 at 3:12 am

cocktails…hmmm, I have done a couple posts on them, they are in my recipes tab under beverages. just sex on the beach and buttery nipples. how’s that for some interesting drink names…haha.

virgin mary reference…lol

If you need cocktail tips, I can help you out…just tell me what kind of drinks you like, what you dont like, and I can make about 17 suggestions im sure :)

Katie — April 30, 2011 at 8:12 pm

The weather took a turn towards the chilly end of the spectrum this weekend, which I never would have known but I made my sick self venture outside today. It helped so much, I felt so much better after a shower and a trip outside. I didn’t make it far on my walk, but just getting out of my house was worth the exhaustion it caused.

I’m hoping to be back to 100% tomorrow!

Emily — April 30, 2011 at 9:18 pm

You have summer on the mind, too!

That tofu looks amazing! Wowww.

Your hair looks gorgeous! So pretty.

Erica — April 30, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Hooray for getting your hair done! Looks good. I always look forward to hair appointments. Today was a total beach day here too. BUT we had lots to catch up on around the house. We compromised by making it an outdoor work kinda day mostly (worked on the lawn, garden, plants, etc). I always get spring and summer fever. No part of me enjoys cold or even chilly weather. I’m all about flip flops and sun dresses! The rest of the weekend? Probably more to dos, a little shopping (the man needs some new clothes) and cooking/baking

Beth — May 1, 2011 at 1:29 am

Working this weekend. Right now, in fact. On a coffee break, reading blogs. Hair looks great! You look like such a California girl with your beautiful blonde hair and tan skin. I love it. Everyone here is so pasty white from winter, it’s nice to see someone with a glow!

Looking forward to summer? You bet I am. Spring/summer fever for me starts every year around…oh October or so. Ha. I’m not a lover of winter, but summer is almost here, so hooray for that.

Kate — May 1, 2011 at 1:47 am

you look fabulous Averie <3

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — May 1, 2011 at 7:53 am

Love the new do!

Amber K — May 1, 2011 at 8:49 am

I don’t get Spring fever, but I totally get Summer fever!! I think it’s because Spring in Oregon just means cold and rain. I look forward to warmer weather, finally seeing the sun and trips to the beach. This Summer we’re also planning on hitting Vegas at some point, and I can’t wait!

Christine (The Raw Project) — May 1, 2011 at 9:18 am

The color looks great! Agreed on the beach, soon. Hey, you’re in San Diego and can go when you want. :-) Great eats.

1. Yes, cleaning, bday parties, hanging out with friends and cleaning.
    2. Yes, so frustrating when the weather is starting to look spring like, but not warm enough to wear spring clothes. Thankfully it is now!

Sheila — May 1, 2011 at 2:23 pm