Beach Day in Aruba

I had an amazing day today in Aruba!

It involved lots of this

The view from my chair:

I wasn’t a total blob on my chair.  I did help make lots of sandcastles.

Skylar made sand “tea” for me to try out from her “tea kettle”.

Delish

Scott attempted to use my DSLR and took our picture.

It was hot and bright and someone wanted to play with sand more than she wanted to pose for pictures.  Don’t blame her.

All in all, it was a perfect day!

I hope the weather is just as nice tomorrow because you know where I’ll be.

Thanks for letting me know you liked the Apple Glazed Vegetable & Edamame Stir Fry from earlier today.

If you know someone who “doesn’t like vegetables”, the sauce does make the meal, as sauces tend to do.  Many of you mentioned that you agreed.

If you know someone who needs dessert tonight, cough cough that would be me, try some Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

No bake & fast!

Or there’s always Chocolate Coconut Cashew Butter with Strawberries or just dip a spoon in it and go to town spread it on just about anything.

No bake & fast, too.

1. Best thing you ate or did over the weekend?

You’re looking at it!

2. Have you been to the beach recently or do you have any travel plans coming up that may take you to the beach?

Have a great week and I’ll see you in the morning with a post I’ve been planning for awhile.

P.S. If you’re just catching up on posts from the weekend, here are mine since Friday:

47 Responses to “Beach Day in Aruba”

Kath — May 22, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Beam me there Scottie!

Erica — May 22, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Hey pretty lady! What a great day :) :) Can’t beat the beach! We were at Josh’s sisters graduation all weekend. It was really nice- weather was great! Best thing I ate? mmm fresh fruit! Hope your Monday is just as fantastic

Brandon @ Kitchen Konfidence — May 22, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Gorgeous photos Averie. SO jealous :)

VeggieGirl — May 22, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Complete paradise!!

1.) You just read mine today ;)

2.) Suave Slav and I are headed to Florida next month for a dance competition. We’ll have some down time, so off to the beach we go!

Tori (Fresh Fruition) — May 22, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Wow, gorgeous photos! That looks like such a blast. I miss playing in the sand at the beach!

Lindsay@LivingLindsay — May 22, 2011 at 7:10 pm

This makes me miss Aruba soooo much! My husband and I spent 9 days there for our honeymoon. We stayed at the Bucuti Resort and it was so unbelievably perfect. The resort was gorgeous, the beach was even more gorgeous – it truly is paradise down there. Enjoy it!!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty — May 22, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Lovely!!! :) I think Aruba is on my list!

We have no beach plans (sigh) that being said, there are some white sandy beaches close to me, just to warm water! Works for me!! I will only be working part time this summer (first time in about 15 years I haven’t worked full time) so I’m pretty excited!

Enjoy every second!

lynn @ the actor's diet — May 22, 2011 at 7:13 pm

aruuuuba, jamaica, oooh i wanna take ya….
    even though i live near the beach and am often hanging out at my uncle’s beach house, i never get in a bikini or anything unless i’m on vacay. so weird!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — May 22nd, 2011 at 7:26 pm

I am totally the same way…live in San Diego but you’ll never see me in a bikini (well rarely) at local beaches..I need to come here to fully embrace the beachy vibes.

kate — May 22, 2011 at 7:20 pm

gahhh im so jealous of your day :)

Holly @ The Runny Egg — May 22, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I haven’t been to the beach in ages :(

I love seeing the beach pics though — it looks so relaxing there.

Laura — May 22, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Skylar is looking so much older! You’ve got a beautiful young lady growing there. :)

I’ll be going to NC briefly in June for a beach wedding. Sadly, NC beaches are nothing like Aruba beaches! My friends are actually flying down there after the wedding for their honeymoon, so naturally I hate them. Two friends and I had a BLAST in Aruba 3 years ago and I’d love to go back someday.

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — May 22nd, 2011 at 8:32 pm

we used to live in NC (wilmington) and then SC (myrtle beach) and east coast beaches are charming but they arent carribbean beaches but glad you were in aruba once a few yrs ago!

Kim - Liv Life — May 22, 2011 at 7:52 pm

So envious!!! We love the Caribbean, or, well anything tropical. Nothing beats that water!!! So glad you posted these pics! Don’t blame your little one for not wanting to pose.

Sagan — May 22, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Mmmm, the strawberries in chocolate nut butter sounds great! Such a good way to eat fruit.

Emily — May 22, 2011 at 8:20 pm

You’re so pretty!

I’m envious. I love the beach but haven’t been in years. The stir fry looks sooo good!

Marcia @Frugal Healthy Simple — May 22, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Okay, those veggies did look really good.

Can I sneak into your suitcase next time you go to Aruba? Pretty please? I could use a vacation.

Today we did a short hike in Santa Barbara (first one ever here since our 5 year old was born), THEN went straight to the beach (my son wanted to break in his new sandals). Not quite as warm and sunny as Aruba, but it was nice.

Hmm…I ate at a place called Sharky’s yesterday. It’s a So Cal Mexican chain, I’d never seen it (we were in Ventura). The first thing listed on the kid’s menu was the “Kid’s Power Plate”: grilled chicken or tofu, brown rice, and a choice of steamed broccoli or yams. Um…that’s the kid’s menu? I’m so totally THERE!!

The adult food was pretty good too – lots of veggies.

I eat a lot of veggies already, but I decided to embark on a 2-week healthy eating plan from a book, and BOY, my drawers of my fridge and the 2 bottom shelves are FILLED to the BRIM with veggies (and I have to pick up my CSA share on Tuesday too!). This is gonna be interesting. Lots of chopping in my future.

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — May 22nd, 2011 at 8:34 pm

what a great comment, thanks for the sharkys info…have seen them but thought they were just an avg chain filled w/ crap food. good to know!

and chopping is a veggie eaters 2nd job…and you have a csa box, too? Oh yes, get your knife and cutting board ready!

saw your new plate on your blog…pretty!

Katie — May 22, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Define beach? Since I’m moving to the shores of Lake Superior (well, Chequamegon Bay, to be technical) there is lake style beach in my future and LOTS of it! You can see the lake from downtown! It isn’t the same as the ocean, as you know, but coming from Arizona, I’ll take water in any form right now!

Skylar….she’s growing like a weed! But a really beautiful weed.

Jaclyn — May 22, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Oh my gosh Skyler is getting so big!! I feel like she has grown up sooooo much!! :D
    Looks like a gorgeous and amazing beach day in Aruba, glad you enjoyed yourself.
    Best thing I did / ate this weekend – see my blog! Everything at Fitbloggin!

PS I am all over that chocolate peanut butter fudge, yum!!

Christine (The Raw Project) — May 22, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Cute pictures, sounds like a perfect day.

1. Spent time with hubby and creating in the kitchen, pretty low key.
    2. Nope and nope. :-( I need to plan something, but hubby’s work schedule has been a pain.

Anne — May 22, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Hehehe – I’m sitting in my chilly morning kitchen having a cuppa tea for the first time in ages (been on a coffee kick but apparently I overdid it last night, got the coffee hangovers today, ugh). I remember when my boyf’s small one made “food” for me – sand tea, haven’t tried that one, though. Sand layer cake, sand brownies, sand icecream, oh yes! Glad you got some real r&r :-)

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — May 22, 2011 at 11:06 pm

Every day should be as wonderful as your day was today! :) The beach looks gorgeous!

Your veggie stir fry with the applesauce glaze = brilliant! That looks SO unbelievably delish!!

That chooclate nut butter… OMG, how do you get it so creamy? It’s flawless. I have a Vita-Mix, too, but I have over-air fluffy problems… help? :oops:

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — May 22nd, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Yeah shocker, both FG and TO took the images from the stir fry and TS still hasnt even looked. By about Wed they may though :)

Nut butter…blend. And blend. For that particular post….I confess, to blending, a veryyyyy long time :) The avg me wouldnt have bothered. And there’s an insane amt of coconut oil in that sample, just to get it that way, that one may or may not want in their nut butter just for “normal” purposes. haha

reid — May 23, 2011 at 3:22 am

Looking at your pics from your day makes me crave the beach! I may have to take a weekend trip, just me later this summer… It’s been four years!

The best thing I ate this weekend was a raw pad thai with zucchini noodles and spicy nutty almond sauce, sooo good.
    Your apple glazed stir fry looks absolutely wonderful…I’m drooling at 6am! :)

Lauren — May 23, 2011 at 4:00 am

This makes me realize how bad I need a vacation! :)

cathy — May 23, 2011 at 4:03 am

GREAT beach photos, averie!!! that photo of you and skylar is priceless in the sense that skylar’s expression just says “let me get back to sandcastles and tea-making!!” so glad you all had such a great day. and look at that cloudless sky…perfection!
    last beach time was aruba in march, as you know. you know, aruba has totally spoiled me for the beaches around here (well, a 1.5 hour drive away, on the shores of lake huron). no desire to go sit on crappy sand and no way i’m going to swim in frigid lake water!
    have a wonderful day!

The Teenage Taste — May 23, 2011 at 4:16 am

All of these pictures really make me want to go to the beach! Summer vacation needs to hurry up!

katie @ KatieDid — May 23, 2011 at 4:26 am

skylar is so grown up! those pictures are really great. i live in a seaside town but the weather has been AWFUL (listening to pouring rain on my skylights as I type this), but I did get out for a long walk on the beach a couple days ago. I’ll take what I can get because I’m such a beach girl.

Hannah — May 23, 2011 at 4:31 am

As an Australia, I’m embarrassed to admit I can’t even remember the last time I went to the beach! What I wouldn’t give for some of your warmth though :)

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — May 23, 2011 at 5:19 am

Those pictures are GORGEOUS!! I haven’t been to a tropical island in two years, and man- I’d love to be there right now. No beach vacations planned for the near future, save the usual trips to the Jersey shore this summer. Better than nothing, right?

Ragnhild — May 23, 2011 at 5:27 am

The best thing I did this weekend was going out with my colleagues! We had such a great time!
    TODAY, the best thing was that I fianlly tried to eat peanut butter again :D Its my fear food, and I havent eaten it in years. I used to binge on it, but now I was ready to try it again! And i didnt binge :D Yey me ;)
    Spo now Im totally ready for your peanut fudge! And your peanut tofy that I have been wanting to try for sooo long! Cant wait :)

Heather (Where's the Beach) — May 23, 2011 at 5:52 am

I could literally sit on the beach ALL day long and just watch the ocean. In fact, that’s what I plan on doing all of next week!

Tiff @ Love, Sweat, and Beers — May 23, 2011 at 6:07 am

How fun! I love that pic of Skylar and her tea. Too cute! The best thing I did this weekend was go boating. It was great being in the sun, and it’s making me look forward to CA later this week. Vacation time! I hope I get a little beach time while I’m there!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — May 23, 2011 at 6:22 am

What a beautiful day! Unfortunately, I have zero beach plans in my future. Maybe next year!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — May 23, 2011 at 7:01 am

ah! You make me want to get on a plane and go somewhere hot RIGHT NOW!

Amber K — May 23, 2011 at 8:09 am

Living so close to the coast we go to the beach every year. Too bad it’s the Oregon coast and FREEZING. Definitely not going to be laying out, but playing in the sand is still fun, even if you’re wearing leggings, jeans, two shirts, and a hoodie ;)

Katie — May 23, 2011 at 8:48 am

Im just going to daydream about Aruba all day : )

you guys deserve a wonderful vacation! So glad the trip is going great! LOVE the photos! U look amazing and gosh Skylar is just growing up so fast! How sweet she is! I bet she is having a blast!!!

Love ya Averie!!!

xoxo

kristi (sweet cheeks) — May 23, 2011 at 9:17 am

WOW! Looks like a day in Heaven to me!

Pure2raw twins — May 23, 2011 at 7:09 pm

oh gosh wish i was sitting on the beach….looked like the perfect day

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — May 24, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Are you sure you didn’t get snatched up in the rapture, because it looks like you are in paradise!!!!

Wow.

Beth — May 25, 2011 at 7:57 am

Ooooo fudge! I’ll have to make some of that.

Haven’t been to the beach since March, and I won’t be back until December. But, I am getting lots of sun during weekends at the paintball field. Hurrah!