Blogger Meetup in Aruba

On Thursday I met up with Morgan of Beantown Momma and her adorable 7 month old son, Aaron.

She read on my blog a few weeks ago that I was going to be in Aruba and realized her travel dates and mine were going to coincide for part of the time, and a few emails later, we hashed out where we were going to meet.

We met at the pool of the Marriott Aruba

We saw this ugly reptile iguana walking by

I do have a fear of reptiles but also am not a fan of the local iguanas here.  They climb the sides of the house and walk on the tile roof of my house and have caused property damage.  We had to replace part of our roof when we were here in December because of them!

It’s much prettier to look at the local flowers that bordered the pool…

…And the waterfall…

…And this beautiful sight:

It feels like just yesterday Skylar was that tiny!

It was wonderful meeting Morgan and Aaron

Morgan is so easy to talk to but her little guy was getting tired and needed some sleep and I had Skylar waiting for me back at our pool.  So we said our goodbyes and I came home and hung out with Skylar.

I wonder if Morgan and I are the very first food bloggers, or bloggers in general, to ever meetup in Aruba?  Cathy you and I should meet up next, here!

I did meet a reader in the Aruba airport when I was leaving the island after our December 2010 trip.  She recognized me in the Aruba airport.

Some of my other blogger meetups include:

All my Coffee Dates with Marla (Here or Here for a couple recent coffee dates)

And all the many, many meetups Madeline and I used to have.

I miss our weekly dates, Madeline!

And I met so many bloggers at FoodBuzz, too.  Meeting other bloggers is so much fun!

From my last post about Dates, it sounds like most of you are big fans of dates.  Me too! Both kinds.

Questions

1. Have you ever met up with another blogger?   Who did you meet and what did you do?

2. Any meetups planned with anyone other bloggers or bloggers you’d love to meet?

After two years of blogging and talking to certain ladies every single day on email (or close to it), I’d love to meet them in person!  And one day I know we will meet.

I met tons of people at Foodbuzz but it was a whirlwind and I’d love more one-on-one time and future meetups with everyone I met there.

To me, blogging has opened so many doors, including meeting so many wonderful people, both in real life, and virtually.  And I consider my “virtual” friends just as real as anyone I’ve met in person.  Sometimes even more so because we share so much and have so much in common.

3. Any weekend plans?

Me = this

Have a great weekend!

54 Responses to “Blogger Meetup in Aruba”

megan @ the oatmeal diaries — May 20, 2011 at 12:31 am

So cool you got to have a meetup in ARUBA! Not many people can say that! I’ve had one blogger meetup and it was last summer in Charlotte, NC. They’re so much fun! Keep enjoying your vaca!!

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes — May 20, 2011 at 1:07 am

Such a beautiful place for a blogger meet up. I’ve never met any other bloggers before, but I think it would be great fun! :D

cathy — May 20, 2011 at 3:27 am

gosh, that would be such a blast to meet up in aruba, averie – never say never, right?!
    i had the pleasure of meeting two bloggers this week for lunch – our second get-together. i LOVE meeting bloggers in “real life;” another dream would be to attend a blogging conference/big event…would be so cool to meet “blog friends” in person.
    and i correctly guessed where you and morgan met! the marriott grounds are simply spectacular – bet you could have spent hours there with your camera.
    have a most wonderful day!

reid — May 20, 2011 at 3:34 am

There are some very special bloggers that I would love to meet in person some day! (That includes you Averie! You were the first blogger that I started reading about a year ago…) One blogger and I even live in the same town, but we are both so busy we have yet to meet up.
    I would have to agree with you that the friends I have made online these past few months are completely real and just as meaningful.
    Being a student and supporting myself while managing a chronic illness, having social interaction and conversations on line is wonderful because I do not have this connection in my life otherwise.

Thank you for blogging about this! I’m glad you had a good time on your meet up. :)

lindsay — May 20, 2011 at 3:51 am

hey I’d come to aruba to meet you two! better start saving now. And boy do I need a tan, please bottle that up and send it to me!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — May 20th, 2011 at 7:57 am

I get super tan really easily. I’d gladly bottle some for you…come to San Diego to pick it up :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — May 20, 2011 at 4:02 am

A few months ago I met up with some CHicago bloggers for dinner. It was a lot of fun, but I want to meet up with more!

Ally (oatsandspice) — May 20, 2011 at 4:56 am

It looks like you are having a BLAST in aruba – you are SOOO tan (jealous)!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — May 20th, 2011 at 7:58 am

we are having a blast and I am trying not to get too tan but it’s so pretty here I just wanna be outside :)

Heather (Where's the Beach) — May 20, 2011 at 5:26 am

I love it. How much fun having a blogger meet up in Aruba!!!

kate — May 20, 2011 at 5:35 am

Im jealous of your meet up and super jealous of the location of the meet up!! The water is increadibly beautiful there enjoy every second!

Holly @ The Runny Egg — May 20, 2011 at 5:41 am

There are plenty of bloggers that I’d love to meet — and I hope that by going to more events this year I will be able to do so!

Although I think we need to have a Blog Conference in Aruba — that sounds wonderful to me!

melissa @ the delicate place — May 20, 2011 at 6:04 am

so cute that you got to have a meet up in aruba! does seeing another babe make you want to have another haha? just kidding, you are crazy busy! haven’t had a meetup but i’m a n00b and also wasn’t in a location conducive to meetups until now. once i settle out maybe? or perhaps a foodbuzz trip will be necessary after i self host haha!

Leslie — May 20, 2011 at 6:04 am

I do love blogs and the way they connect people. I haven’t had any personal blogger meetups yet, but would love to meet some of the people I’ve come in contact with!

Congrats to Alisa!

Katherine — May 20, 2011 at 6:05 am

I swear I’m not a creep, but I just have to tell you that you were in my dream last night! We were cooking together and doing yoga- so funny! It’s kind of embarrassing considering i don’t even know you, but I thought you’d get a kick out of it. I’ve been reading your blog for a while and I guess it stuck in my mind. I’ve also been obsessing about going on vacation, so I think your travels to Aruba have something to do with it as well.

I hope you’re having an amazing time while you’re away!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — May 20th, 2011 at 8:00 am

thanks for telling me…dreams are so surreal, arent they! Well I hope you get your vacay very soon!

Christin@purplebirdblog — May 20, 2011 at 6:16 am

I will totally take that iguana off your hands so it won’t cause trouble for your house anymore! I love them :)

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — May 20th, 2011 at 8:00 am

girl they are EVERYWHERE here…like thousands and thousands of them!!!! Big, small, you name it, tons! If you like them, just move here :)

Tori (Fresh Fruition) — May 20, 2011 at 7:25 am

That’s so awesome you could connect with someone there!

And I’m excited for this weekend- we’re going to the local health food store’s tasting!

Heidi @ Food Doodles — May 20, 2011 at 7:31 am

That’s awesome. I’ve never met up with anyone, and the closest blogger than I know of is like an 8 hour drive away :( It would be so fun though!
    This weekend we’re doing a ton of work on our yard/garden, as usual this time of year and then we also have a Blossom Festival with a parade and all kinds of kid activities and all that. It’s going to be awesome :)

Naomi — May 20, 2011 at 7:51 am

morgan lives so close to me back in boston! what a fun meet up in ARUBA!!!

ok and I have to ask…that bikini you are waering…blue with the gold rings—you gotta dish and tell me where its from because I love it!! :)

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — May 20, 2011 at 8:08 am

OMG, these pics are so beautiful! I thought you already lived in paradise, but it seems like you upgraded–didn’t know that was possible, lol.

Aww, I kind of like iguanas! I didn’t realize they were destructive. I thought they just kind of reptiled around… eating veggies. k… scratch that pet from want list. :mrgreen:

We are so meeting up one day and many days after that!! I’ve never met any other bloggers, but it’s so awesome to have met people along the way that I connect with. Makes blogging (and life) all the better! :)

Katie — May 20, 2011 at 8:24 am

I love iguanas….sorry they caused damage to your house though.

I have a blogger meet-up next week, and I am really looking forward to it. I’ve only had one other one, and there are so many people I’d love to meet. I feel like I know them already. You, obviously. I swear it seems like we’ve met! I’m about to move really far from everyone though.

I am packing this weekend. All weekend. What I wouldn’t give to be at the beach or the pool. Or even just sitting in the sun.

Tiff @ Love, Sweat, and Beers — May 20, 2011 at 8:33 am

Fun! I’m jealous of your weekend plans, though I’m excited about mine too. I have a 5k planned, so hopefully it goes well. As for blogger meetups, all I can say is, Not Yet! Maybe I’ll plan a little somethin’ soon.

Amber K — May 20, 2011 at 8:38 am

I have never met any bloggers, but reading about the meet ups is so fun. It’s like watching TV when they’d have crossover episodes, lol ;)

lee — May 20, 2011 at 8:44 am

Most of the small group of people who read my blog are people in my “real life” social circles…but a few years back, a blogging friend and I met while I was in her part of the country for work. It was great to enjoy brunch and time in an urban park as we talked about all different aspects of life; and I was so appreciative of her asking me to meet. (I’m horrible at feeling comfortable asking people to get together for things like that.)

But I have to admit – as much as I love Boston, a blogger meet-up in Aruba takes the cake for locations. =)

Emily — May 20, 2011 at 8:49 am

That iguana is creepy!!

Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh — May 20, 2011 at 9:07 am

Super jealous of a blogger meat up in aruba!! that would be an ideal meetup for sure :)
    Sounds like such a lovely and relaxing vacation..I am no so sure about the reptiles..they are super HUGE!! eewww haha

Beth — May 20, 2011 at 11:20 am

Super meet up with super photos to go along with it – even the photo of the iguana.

Ellie@fitforthesoul — May 20, 2011 at 11:40 am

I would love to have a meetup someday! there’s so many I want to meet of course! haha famous Lulu and Gigi are on top of the list. :P

marla — May 20, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Averie, how awesome that you all got to spend the day together!! Looks like a fun time, Morgan has a wonderful blog too :)

Paige @ Running Around Normal — May 20, 2011 at 2:21 pm

How cool that you go to Aruba of all places and get to have a blogger meetup?! Looks fun:D

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — May 20, 2011 at 3:08 pm

I miss our meet ups too! Of course, it would be way more fun to be sitting poolside in a bikini drinking a cocktail… Maybe for our next one?

Christine (The Raw Project) — May 20, 2011 at 4:12 pm

What a fun meetup, great pics! Wish I was sitting by that pool now!

1. Only at the Foodbuzz fest in San Francisco.
    2. None planned at the moment, but there are so many bloggers I’d love to meet.
    3. Moving furniture and working on my office project at home.

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) — May 20, 2011 at 4:38 pm

How nice for you guys! The baby is adorable!

Yes, one day for shersz.

Right now I don’t have any official meetups planned but I might see Tamzin when next in England if our paths happen to cross and I see Eden more than I see my relatives :-) That’s always fantastic.

Keep enjoying!

Colleen — May 20, 2011 at 5:38 pm

That’s such a unique place for a blogger meetup! It looks so gorgeous there. I am volunteering at our high school’s ACS Relay For Life event for a few hours, then hitting the books :P

Priyanka — May 20, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Yay, now I can proudly say that I met a blogger in real life too. I met Anastasia over coffee and it was so much fun to know her in person.

Gena — May 21, 2011 at 5:41 am

It’s only a matter of time, Averie!!!! I’m holding us both to it.

BTW, I met Marla at the Dole Summit and thought she was dynamite. I always like reading about your coffee dates :)

Krista — May 24, 2011 at 7:28 am

I have enjoyed a few blogger meet ups. One girl doesn’t blog anymore, but I live close to Angela @ Oh She Glows and I’ve hung out with Erin @ Hi Pies when she was in T.O. last year. I’d love to meet more bloggers. though!!

nancy — March 6, 2012 at 4:22 pm

hello, Im trying to plan a trip (girls getaway) in Oct? has anyone Been in Aruba that time of year.

Has anyone stayed at the Radisson Aruba resort ,casion,spa.

Or bucuti &Tara beach resort? any input on anything i would be grateful for. its either their Aruba or T/C. Which is a beautiful Island too.. not looking ofr a BIG resort. but must be on the beach. and not too many kids if i can help it.:))

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — March 6th, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Radisson is right on the beach and so is Buccti. Radisson is nicer. Aruba has tons of kids over holidays but probably in the fall, not as many b/c they’re in school.

nancy — March 6, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Thank you for gettig back to me so fast.:) enjoy your night