Open For Bids

News flash but act quickly: I have some high Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls up for bid on Tina’s Bake Sale.  Current bid page is listed here.

My balls are posted here on her site

The bake sale cause is for Team For Kids, an organization that provides more than 100,000 kids in low-income areas with health and fitness education.

All bids must be emailed to CHRISTINA.HAUPERT@GMAIL.COM

Please hurry and email her if you’re interested because this is a short sale!  Ends at midnight (Eastern time) Monday May 16th.

I promise to include more than just the dough balls, too.  Like I did for the last person who won and bid on dough balls from me.

In other bake sale news, remember the San Diego Blogger Bake Sale I participated in that was the San Diego “chapter” of Gaby’s Nationwide Blogger Bake Sale?

I donated Fudgy Nutella Brownies

Without the cream cheese frosting

I love frosting but the chocolate chips on the top of the batch I donated worked fine.

Great news: The San Diego Blogger Bakers raised $1750 for Share our Strength, with the goal of eliminating childhood hunger!

Big thanks to Marie of Meandering Eats who organized the San Diego bake sale and all the ladies who participated locally as well as to everyone who participated nationally.

From my last post, it was interesting hearing if your eating habits change when you travel or not, and just how adventurous you are when it comes to sampling local fare.  Some of you use vacations and traveling as an opportunity to dive right into local fare and eat things you wouldn’t normally eat at home, and others play it safer and don’t stray far from your usual habits.

1. Have you ever bid on anything?

I love ebay and I love bidding.  I have to tell myself, this is my maximum bid, and no matter how much I think I “have to have” a certain item, I will not go past X dollar amount, even as the auction ending time appears and the bidding frenzy is in full force.

I also like betting.  And gambling.  With other people’s money.  haha!

I am far too frugal to gamble much on my own.  The thought of losing more that 50 bucks pains me!  I think to myself, I could have bought Skylar things with it.  Or a cute shirt with the money, or shoes, or food, or kitchen gadgets, or just saved the money.  Saving money and continuing to be 100% debt-free are huge priorities for me!

So, I do like bidding, but on things I know I can “control”, and that’s a bit different from betting, and very different from gambling, but I’d like to know your thoughts.

2. Anything new or exciting happen for you on Monday?

I ran around and accomplished a lot.  More on that tomorrow.

For now, the beach and a family walk.

I hope some of you bid on the dough balls or the other items up for bids.  Email Tina and current bid amounts are here.

28 Responses to “Open For Bids”

Holly @ The Runny Egg — May 16, 2011 at 3:05 pm

I may be one of the bidders for those dough balls Averie! They look so good!

I’m not much of a gambler (although I seem to do pretty well at Bingo!).

I’m glad the blog bake sale raised a good chunk of money!

Maris (In Good Taste) — May 16, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Great photos That cream cheese frosting looks sooo good!

melissa @ the delicate place — May 16, 2011 at 4:09 pm

of course i’m an ebayer! strangely enough i’ve never gambled more than 5 cent slots ha.

Jess@HealthyExposures — May 16, 2011 at 4:27 pm

wow; good for you for helping to raise so much money for some great causes! i’d love to participate in another blogger bake sale like katie’s – totally missed tina’s.
    hah…do i bid. i LOVE and swear by e-Bay. Maybe it’s because I’m cheap WHILE liking “luxury” things, but I have no shame. It’s where I get all of my uber-expensive horse tack – I’d way rather have something lightly used (and broken in for me already!) that’s of high-quality than something brand new and cheaply made. Like you, though – I set a limit in my head. And don’t think I’ll ever be a gambler. It’s… uh….too much of a gamble :P

cathy — May 16, 2011 at 4:53 pm

it’s great that you donate your fresh baked goods for these various philanthropies, averie! that’s super sweet (in more than one way! haha!). i bet your balls fetch a generous donation price!
    i would gamble if it wasn’t my own money. i’m rather pessimistic in that i think i will lose, not win. i ONLY gamble in aruba, and my fave is BINGO!! play it daily, but ONLY in aruba. i may take $5 to the penny slots ONCE, as my “evening entertainment”…which lasts about 7 minutes til i lose (as happened in march). like you, i think of other tangible items i could buy!
    looks like you had a sunny day – yippee!

Michelle (your girlfriend for fitness) — May 16, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Those dough balls look absolutely delicous. I may have to submit a bid… and also need to know how to make them asap, lol. They look dangerously good.

Paige @ Running Around Normal — May 16, 2011 at 6:42 pm

I’m not a huge Ebayer. I’d rather find it at a good price and know it’s MINE :-P

Ellie@fitforthesoul — May 16, 2011 at 7:14 pm

hmm i’ve never bid on anything! B/c embarrassingly enough, I don’t really know how to do ebay hehe. all these goodies look so good Averie~i’ll check ‘em out asap

kate — May 16, 2011 at 7:47 pm

you’re so generous enjoy the sun its cold and rainy here

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — May 16, 2011 at 10:21 pm

I have bid on things in silent auctions (mostly just artwork I think), and I won!

Beth — May 17, 2011 at 12:17 pm

I am late on reading your blog, so I missed bidding on the balls. Whoever won them will be raving about them, I’m sure.

Great picture of the beach & patio. I can almost hear the surf.

Christine (The Raw Project) — May 17, 2011 at 1:11 pm

That’s great about the bake sale, awesome job!

1. Yes, on ebay and it can be addicting. I haven’t shopped there in years since I had to deal with a nightmare buyer.
    2. Yeah, I started getting sick – yay! :-P Luckily it seems to be just a 24 hour bug and I’m almost back to normal.

Amber K — May 17, 2011 at 4:57 pm

The pressure of bidding stresses me out! Especially when it comes down to the end, and I really, really want it. But, I still seem to do so whenever I find a really good deal!

1159613 — May 21, 2011 at 2:59 am

1159613 beers on the wall.

Small Business SEO Services — May 21, 2011 at 6:54 am

I do enjoy the way you have framed this particular concern plus it does indeed offer us some fodder for thought. On the other hand, because of what precisely I have observed, I simply just trust when the responses pile on that men and women stay on issue and don’t get started on a tirade of the news of the day. Anyway, thank you for this fantastic piece and even though I can not necessarily go along with the idea in totality, I value the viewpoint.

aerial installers — May 21, 2011 at 9:35 am

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you make this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz reply as I’m looking to create my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. appreciate it

carpet cleaning st albans — May 21, 2011 at 10:25 am

great info. I love looking around the web when I am not cleaning the house finding interesting blogs and information like this. Great to see some off the wall posts rather than the normal same old posts that are everywhere. oh well better get back to the cleaning!

Driving School Glasgow — May 21, 2011 at 11:00 am

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own driving lessons weblog and was wondering what is required to get set up? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very web savvy so I’m not 100% sure. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

store cards — May 21, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I simply wanted to write down a quick message in order to express gratitude to you for some of the unique recommendations you are writing on this website. My time intensive internet lookup has at the end been honored with excellent ideas to go over with my family members. I would point out that most of us website visitors are truly fortunate to dwell in a notable place with many special individuals with interesting opinions. I feel quite privileged to have discovered your entire web site and look forward to many more fun times reading here. Thanks a lot once more for all the details.

marijuana strains — May 21, 2011 at 3:19 pm

My brother said to me that the roles for cardio expert are anticipated to grow 29%. My brother took some courses for cardiovascular in Costa Mesa, CA.

play sky bingo — May 21, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. As a author, I’m continually searching for new and different approaches to look at a subject. I actually find fantastic enthusiasm in doing so. Thank you so much

yoga la jolla ca — May 21, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Yeah bookmaking this wasn’t a high risk conclusion great post!

Belkin Wireless Routers — May 21, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Bonjour, I am Britany Coltrain. There is certainly evidently a lot to know relating to this. I feel you have made various good quality points in features also. Thank-you

Brian — May 22, 2011 at 1:28 am

The ultimate experience waiting for you !!!!

Homes for Sale in Sugarland Texas — May 22, 2011 at 5:19 am

Hey this is somewhat of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!