Quizical

I had a busy day.  Kidding.

I took Skylar to the beach while Scott fiddled around on his computer attempted to work.

We had a nice tine walking on the beach and building sandcastles and walking on the pier.

And since I’m on vacation and would prefer not to type too much today, it’s time for a quiz.

Chelsey posted this quiz, and then Gabriela did, and it’s my turn today to have a little quizzical fun.

1. What is your mom’s best friend’s name? She has two best friends, both named Kathy.

2. Where is the weirdest place you have a mole? Inner thigh, up high.

3. Who was the hottest teacher you ever had? A priest at the Catholic university I went to, who I’m sure was probably gay.  Either way, he was totally off limits.

4. Have you ever made out in a movie theater? Hasn’t everyone?

5. What body part do you wash first? armpits!

6. Do you hover over the toilet in public bathrooms? No, I’m tall and don’t enjoy the quad workout.  I’ll just sit and get germs on me.  Thus far, I’ve lived.

7. What is the strangest talent you have? I’m psychic.

8. Do you have an innie or outie? Innie.

9. Do you parallel park or drive around the block? In urban San Diego, one better get familiar with parallel parking, in a hurry.

10. What shoe do you put on first? Left.

11. Have you ever been cow-tipping or snipe-hunting? No.

12. If you had to choose to never wash your bed sheets again or never wash your towel again, which would you rather not wash? Towel.  Bed sheets are disgusting to me after about a week, max. Just get the hospital corners tight, please.

13. What was your childhood nickname? I didn’t have any.

14. When was the last time you played air guitar? Never.

15. Have you ever bitten your toenails? Gross, no!

16. How do you eat your cookie? I break off the edges and eat those first and then am left with the soft center.  Mmm!

Peanut Butter Caramel Chocolate Chip cookies (vegan and GF) anyone?

17. When working out at the gym, do you wear a belt? Huh?

18. Name something you do when you’re alone that you wouldn’t do in front of others. Floss my teeth.  I don’t care to see anyone else’s salad pieces coming out from between their teeth, so I refrain from flossing until I’m alone as well.  I see people floss in their cars and trust me, I’m not one of them.

19. How often do you clean your ears? After every shower I gently wipe the insides of my ear with a Kleenex and then a Q-Tip.  Super gently and not deep. Just enough to remove the water.

20. Do you scrunch or fold your toilet paper? Scrunch.

21. Do you have any strange phobias? Birds!  And other animals, too!

Apparently there’s no #22.

23. Do you freak out when you feel a sneeze coming on when you’re driving? No.

Quiz is over!

From my last post with the Taste of the Tropics Smoothie, glad it looked good.

And yes, I was sweating balls buckets when I was taking photographs poolsideBut worth it because of this. Something about photography, I just love it and don’t mind going to some (sweaty) lengths!

Questions

1. How’s your week been?  Anything new, exciting, or any plans coming up?

I have a blogger meetup tomorrow in Aruba.  Yes!

And of course, just being here has been wonderful!  I even re-decorated.

Earlier in the week I had some really cool things happen like a magazine feature and a new gig, too.

And I was honored that my high Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls fetched $125 in Tina’s Bake Sale!

Thank you to my new Canadian friend who bid on these and for your donation to Tina’s charity!

2. Time for your turn to take the Quiz.  Pick a few and rattle off your answers in the comments or re-post on your blog.

Especially #18!

Enjoy your evening!

P.S. I’m glad you’re all excited about the $50 Giveaway.  It ends Friday so get your entries in now.

36 Responses to “Quizical”

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — May 18, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Haha, I don’t floss in front of others either. I wouldn’t mind my parents or brother (actually, I should floss in front of my brother and make him look at the dirty floss just to pay him back for all the times he dragged me into the bathroom to look at his poop), but anyone else…yeah, gross. I actually floss in the bathroom stalls at school sometimes. I’m neurotic about not having stuff in my molars!

Christine (The Raw Project) — May 18, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Fun quiz ans wish I was at the beach now.

1. Busy, sick and lonely – not too fun, but I have an office re-do to look forward to.
    2. I wash armpits too first. Who wears a belt to the gym?

Emily — May 18, 2011 at 3:23 pm

A blogger meetup in Aruba? That’s amazing! I’m glad to see you’re enjoying your trip, I’m so jealous of the weather there!

Christa — May 18, 2011 at 3:32 pm

#16, I do the complete opposite! I eat the middle first and then savour the crispy edges. Those Peanut Butter Caramel cookies look ridiculously delish! AND those smoothies! I die… I got hooked on malibu rum and pineapple juice while vacationing in Hawaii, SO refreshing :)

Thank you again for your contribution to the bake sale, you have an extremely generous heart. I love having the opportunity to give back, in whatever form that may be.

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — May 18th, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Christa, you’re an amazing person. I’m glad you saw this post :)

Thanks for saying what you said about me….and it’s all right back to you, too :)

Cindy — May 18, 2011 at 3:37 pm

ahhhh I am enjoying your beach pictures. It has been COLD and RAINING here Averie! You are missing it you lucky girl!

I really loved your quiz, and am blown away at how much you’ve accomplished …model, magazine photography…you rock lady!

I would play along but I am WIPED out at the moment however I LOVE that you are psychic

xoxoxo

Holly @ The Runny Egg — May 18, 2011 at 4:05 pm

There are plenty of things I wouldnt’ do in front of others — but for sure singing along to the radio is something I only do when I’m by myself. I get super self conscious if someone hears me!

I’m glad you are having a wonderful time on your vacation — the pictures look beautiful!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — May 18, 2011 at 4:26 pm

LOL I dont even think I can reach my toenails! haha

i love that random weight belt question…like HOW did that question get in the mix? so random!!!

I am so glad you are enjoying yourself FULLY! the weather and beaches look beautiful and I am beyond jealous since its been raining for about 2 years! (well almmmost) but I am ready for the SUN like nowwww

xox

cathy — May 18, 2011 at 4:35 pm

i love these quizzes! i like trying to guess what i think the blogger will answer. for example, i would have gotten #14 right!
    blogger meet-up? wild! can’t wait to hear about this!
    i would NOT wash the bedsheets, i have an innie and i scrunch.
    thanks for the photo of the pier and beach! *sigh!*

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) — May 18, 2011 at 4:54 pm

I’m going to BlogHer Food this weekend! I’m hanging with Alisa too so I’m super excited about that! #18…cut my nails. I think it’s gross when people do that outside of the privacy of their own bathroom. #21 Snakes! No thank you, I’m terrified!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — May 18th, 2011 at 8:59 pm

I would have likely gone to BH had I not been in Aruba. My friend Marla is going and I know you, Alisa, and so many others are..have fun!!! And email me with any good stuff :)

Erica — May 18, 2011 at 4:58 pm

ow! the beach looks so peaceful! Fun quiz! A priest ?? hehe. What the heck is snipe-hunting? Some of these questions are a little nutty haha. A blogger meet up in Aruba? How cool is that?? Week is great! VERY busy. I had a baby doctor apt today (went well :)) and a breast feeding class tomorrow night!
    Shave (legs or otherwise). I’m not sure why. I just never shave in front of Josh. Maybe I like to pretend I secretly am hairless (other than on my head haha)

Beth — May 18, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Enjoy your Aruba meet-up!
    Quiz is a great way to switch it up.

1. What is your mom’s best friend’s name? Carol and Donna.

2. Where is the weirdest place you have a mole? Nowhere weird.

3. Who was the hottest teacher you ever had? None – either unattractive or a lady.

4. Have you ever made out in a movie theater? Good memories.

5. What body part do you wash first? In the shower: face. Otherwise: pits.

6. Do you hover over the toilet in public bathrooms? Nope, I sit. Like it when they have the toilet seat tissue protectors, but not a necessity.

7. What is the strangest talent you have? Spitting ice backwards over my head, and hitting a target.

8. Do you have an innie or outie? Innie.

9. Do you parallel park or drive around the block? Parallel park.

10. What shoe do you put on first? No idea. Never paid attention.

11. Have you ever been cow-tipping or snipe-hunting? No. Don’t even know what snipe-hunting is.

12. If you had to choose to never wash your bed sheets again or never wash your towel again, which would you rather not wash? Bed sheets – as long as they are my Bamboo bed sheets. Can’t stand a smelly towel.

13. What was your childhood nickname? Bethy-boo.

14. When was the last time you played air guitar? I’m more air drums than guitar.

15. Have you ever bitten your toenails? Seriously?! No!

16. How do you eat your cookie? Depends on the size of the cookie. Bit size goes right in. Bigger cookies I nibble away at.

17. When working out at the gym, do you wear a belt? Don’t work out at the gym.

18. Name something you do when you’re alone that you wouldn’t do in front of others. Pick out navel lint.

19. How often do you clean your ears? Every AM.

20. Do you scrunch or fold your toilet paper? Fold.

21. Do you have any strange phobias? Nope.

Apparently there’s no #22.

23. Do you freak out when you feel a sneeze coming on when you’re driving? No.

Jess — May 18, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Strangest talent? my flexibility–love it :D

wear a belt at gym? UM no.. haha!!

Paige @ Running Around Normal — May 18, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Now THAT is my kinda busy, girl!! :)

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty — May 18, 2011 at 6:14 pm

What a weird quiz! haha :)
    gorgeous pictures too!!! :) Sounds like a rough day!

Jess@HealthyExposures — May 18, 2011 at 6:20 pm

oh my word, you’re even having a blogger meet up in aruba?! awesome!! have fun!!
    i loved the quiz and learning a bit more about you, too :) i hate either-or questions and the one about bed sheets or towels is one i’d hate to answer! haha. i’d have to go with bed sheets, too – i’d rather wash them, that is.
    and…snipe-hunting? i’m familiar with cow-tipping. but snipe-hunting?

julie — May 18, 2011 at 6:23 pm

hahhaahaha i’m jealous of your busy day! i bet you didn’t sit in an hour and a half of commuter traffic just to get home and do it all over again in 24 hours. you deserve this break SO much! enjoy it mama!!!!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — May 18, 2011 at 6:29 pm

I love that you’ve having a blogger meet up in Aruba – you’re awesome.! :)

I already did the quiz, so I am not doing it again!

kate — May 18, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Ahh I love your post, I dont squat on toilets and always wash my armpits first too…

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) — May 18, 2011 at 8:59 pm

We must have crossed in cyberspace b/c your blog was up on my screen when I read yours on mine! I’m so glad that you have a meetup in Aruba. We will have a meetup- of that I’m sure.

It’s so great that you have this time to recharge your batteries.

I remember biting my toenails as a kid- I must have been flexible! And a bit disgusting! Not to mention germy?? And I’m mildly happy that you’ve been sitting for all these years and have had no problem. It makes me feel more safe on the few occasions that I just had to sit :-)

Enjoy your time off!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — May 18th, 2011 at 9:00 pm

we MUST meet up! seriously!!!
      and yes, we must have done that psychic commenting thing…i do that practically once a day with someone, commenting on theirs while they’re commenting on mine!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — May 18, 2011 at 9:03 pm

1. What is your mom’s best friend’s name? She has had a few different ones, and I don’t know which she would say is her very best.

2. Where is the weirdest place you have a mole? Only ever had 1, a small one near my armpit.

3. Who was the hottest teacher you ever had? Mr. Reimer – high school English.

4. Have you ever made out in a movie theater? Don’t think so.

5. What body part do you wash first? Face, then arms.

6. Do you hover over the toilet in public bathrooms? Nope, I sit.

7. What is the strangest talent you have? Picking things up with my toes – lol!

8. Do you have an innie or outie? Innie.

9. Do you parallel park or drive around the block? Parallel park.

10. What shoe do you put on first? No idea.

13. What was your childhood nickname? Jo, Jo-Jo, Joey … and also Marie, because that is my first name and what I was called until I decided to change it when I was eight (to my middle name). It is still not officially changed.

14. When was the last time you played air guitar? I don’t play air guitar … maybe drums though!

15. Have you ever bitten your toenails? SICK. Hell no!

16. How do you eat your cookie? Small bites, savouring each bit.

17. When working out at the gym, do you wear a belt? Ummmmm, no!??

18. Name something you do when you’re alone that you wouldn’t do in front of others: eat my foods really weird (like sucking the juice out of a pickle then eating the rest, or licking my chips).

19. How often do you clean your ears? About once or twice a week.

20. Do you scrunch or fold your toilet paper? Scrunch

21. Do you have any strange phobias? Spiders … but that’s not strange.

Apparently there’s no #22.

23. Do you freak out when you feel a sneeze coming on when you’re driving? Nope, not at all.

mi-an — May 18, 2011 at 9:37 pm

ahhh the beach looks amazing!!! wish i was there with ya!!
    love you answers esp the squatting in public restrooms and thus far yes you are still alive. :)
    it depends to me… if there’s leftover pee on the rim of the toilet, i cannot sit therefore i will squat. i will not even try to wipe it down. just gross. lol

i clean my ears everyday…i hate my ears feeling wet after showering. strange phobias of mine include worms and rats! ((goosebumps))…

xx :)

Marla — May 18, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Love this post! I can totally visualize you answering these. For me face first then armpits in the shower. What the heck is a belt at the gym anyway? Clean. Sheets. Always.
    Awesome how you styled the poolside smoothie….girl you had to crouch down looow to grab that shot! Ahhhh the sweat & dedication to the craft.
    Bed now BlogHer Food in the morning. Will miss you, but Aruba sounds way better :)
    xo

Katie — May 18, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I love this quiz. I’m totally going to do it this weekend.

And squatting if for chumps. You get more germs on your purse setting it on the ground in public restrooms. So yeah. No squatting for me.

Who are you meeting in Aruba!?!?

Anne — May 18, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Hahaha, thanks for the sunny pics – need those today! – and it looks so good and I’m glad you’re enjoying. I started off at the quiz but I have to go to work, sob…fun though. Nmb 16 made me want a cookie :-) Yum! Have a(nother) nice day in Aruba!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — May 18, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Haha– I’m scared of birds too :-) I hate the pigeons here in Europe– they’re all staring at me!!!

Beautiful pics!

reid — May 19, 2011 at 3:36 am

Your Aruba pictures are so beautiful! They brighten my day as I am sitting here in cloudy damp Tennessee. The quiz is great! I’m totally going to blog about my answers. (I love quizzes…) I eat my cookie like you do- outside in!

Amber K — May 19, 2011 at 7:28 am

3. I had the hottest science teacher in middle school. All the girls had a crush on him, but it wasn’t something I really thought about. He was “old”! Now that I say that I really wonder how old he was, because I think he was actually quite young for a teacher!

6. I’ve never understood why women do this. I also *gasp* don’t use those paper toilet seat covers. I don’t understand what disease a thin piece of paper is going to save me from.

18. It’s funny, I’m trying to think of something, but I can’t really think of much. I’m starting to think I’m too much of an open book, lol. My husband already rolls his eyes as I don’t shut the bathroom door ;)

Krista — May 19, 2011 at 7:35 am

Cool quiz! I’ll have to re post on my blog! Heading to Toronto tomorrow for the day/Sarah’s 12th b-day. Can’t wait!! :)

#18. I don’t sing in front of other people, but I do in my car alone!
    All the pictures from your vacation are making want to look into a tropical vacation of my own!