Savoring Aruba Photos

I took these photos earlier today.

Enjoy!

The Gates To Paradise, Unchained

We are all but a speck in this big world.

This big, vast, beautiful world.

Be Free from the Hooks & Chains

While you walk on the sometimes Rocky Road of life.

Let the Divi Trees Blow.  And throw caution to the Wind.

Smile and remember life is short.

Enjoy it. Live it. Savor it. Make the most of it.

And from my last post, Vanilla Iced Coffee, I had no idea that was going to be such popular post.

It’s the simple things like iced coffee and making coffee ice cubes with leftover coffee that make a life a little better, right?

Sounds like many of your are big iced coffee fans.  Me too, clearly. I’m glad you enjoyed my Iced Coffee making tips.

And thank you for continuing to comment on my Blogging 101 post.  I’m happy my thoughts, ideas, and my opinions only, of course, are resonating with you.

Blogging 102 is my next post, so stay tuned!

1. What are you doing for the weekend?  Are you celebrating the holiday weekend and if so, do you have Monday off from work (or school)?

I plan to soak up more beach time, time with Skylar, and just really savor our last weekend in Aruba because soon enough I will be leaving paradise and going back home.

I love San Diego, it’s beautiful and I love living there, and it’s a beautiful place to call home, but it is “real life” and so I will be back to work, errands, chores, etc. so this weekend it’s all about R & R and savoring paradise!

2. What are you savoring right now, or this week, or anything you’re looking forward to savoring soon?

I have a few things on my radar screen that I am looking forward to savoring soon, and I’ll be filling you in on the details, soon.

Til then, how about savoring a Chocolate Covered Oreo Ball

3. Do you have a favorite picture from this post?

I appreciate feedback because it helps me grow, learn, improve.

Blogging 102 post will be the next post so stay tuned.

59 Responses to “Savoring Aruba Photos”

1. cathy — May 27, 2011 at 2:38 pm (#

beautiful photos, averie! i so identify with what you photographed and commented upon…i like your “food for thought” comments, too.
    oh, your last weekend in aruba? that’s so sad! well, do enjoy every moment…
    out to a fun annual event tonight and then a wedding tomorrow eve and mom’s birthday on sunday plus work each day! busy weekend!
    have a great eve!

2. chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — May 27, 2011 at 2:40 pm (#

I love the first picture. It’s gorgeous!

This weekend I’m running at 10 miler.

3. mi-an — May 27, 2011 at 2:42 pm (#

wow gorgeous photos!! reminds me of the time i live in grenada in the caribbean for 3 years!!! ahhh!! this weekend will include lots of studying and movies. :) i’ve been watching movies lately. i know you’re not a big fan but my whole fam and i love the movies and just watching it here at home. my brother recently bought a 60 inch tv with an incredible surround sound system. it’s amazing. :) have a great weekend!!!

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

ok so i knew you lived there/studied there…i didnt know it was for three YEARS!!! WOW! that’s amazing and what a life-changing opportunity and memory making type situation…you have lived a well traveled, and full! life :)

4. kris (everyday oats) — May 27, 2011 at 2:44 pm (#

All you photos are beautiful! If I were to chose one of the beach/scenery photos I’d chose the first one. But I still think my favorite is of the iced coffee. It makes me want one right now :)

5. Jess — May 27, 2011 at 3:00 pm (#

Your photos are SO pretty!! I love the iced coffee one best ;)

6. Mariah @ Apples "N" Oats — May 27, 2011 at 3:02 pm (#

these are so beautiful!!the first one kind of reminds me of pirates of the carribean for some reason…weird

7. reid — May 27, 2011 at 3:34 pm (#

Wow! The water there is exquisite…so blue. I’m savoring sunshine today and a weekend ahead of me to play with my dog and visit my folks. Lots of good salad makin’ going on here too!
    I think my favorite one is the cat under the tree. So simple and unexpected…

8. Felicia (Natural + Balanced) — May 27, 2011 at 3:58 pm (#

i love this post ! they are all beautiful, but the first photo is definitely my favorite :)

9. melissa @ the delicate place — May 27, 2011 at 4:04 pm (#

i’m savoring a 3 day weekend! i see grilling and lots of sunshine filled walks in my future. i have a special dinner reservation tomorrow that we had to make a month in advance so i hope it’s tasty!

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

hope so too! a month is a long time to wait!

[Reply]

10. Gorgeous photos!!! I love the first one but I love the kitty more. He looks JUST like our kitty, Jack. I’ll post pics of him later. :)

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

I have a post about cats sometime this weekend. You’ll enjoy!

11. Jess@HealthyExposures — May 27, 2011 at 4:19 pm (#

Beautiful photos, Averie! You have no idea how exciting it is for me to watch you learn about your camera and photography. Your passion really shows through and it is quite contagious ;) I love the first one as well as the last one. I can tell you’ve been studying your “rule of thirds!” The first is a prime example of that. I love how the stake grabs my attention first, but then the chain leads me off, all complimented by that lovely beach. Great colors and contrast!

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

The funny thing about the rule of thirds is that I understand it, i get it, but I dont “think” about it. I just take pics that I think look good…and sometimes they fall within the rule and sometimes…they dont. I guess rules can be broken.

Like with food pics, sometimes it’s just not practical to do it. It’s better to just have it all centered, etc etc.

And the FG and TS crop boxes are currently hating me. And I can’t get any of my good “full composition” shots to work properly, thus on a dry spell :(

Jess@HealthyExposures Reply:

I hear you there ;) But that’s a good thing – it means it’s becoming second nature to you! Yes, I agree that rules are meant to be broken and that photography shouldn’t have rules anyways; but I can tell you have the eye to see when it would be appealing to have something smack-dab in the center and when it’s nice not to. Food is a good example!
    And yes, darn those FG boxes! I’ve been trying to shoot looser lately to accommodate for them if I think I’ve got something to submit.

12. Zestful Lou — May 27, 2011 at 4:22 pm (#

I read your iced coffee post this morning and I couldn’t get it out of my head, so my boyfriend and I are currently sipping vanilla iced coffees from starbucks! Deeeelish!!!

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

you’re supposed to make your own!! you could buy an entire can of coffee from TJs and have coffee for a month with what you paid for 2 SB’s ice coffees. (That sounds so motherly of me, huh!

But I’m glad I had you craving them :)

13. Lauren — May 27, 2011 at 4:23 pm (#

I did enjoy! Thanks for sharing. :)

14. Rachel — May 27, 2011 at 4:25 pm (#

nice post–very inspirational!!!

15. Pam — May 27, 2011 at 4:30 pm (#

The first photo is stunning! Looks like an “artist” photographer’s piece. Great composition! :)
    Love your blog, still addicted as always. Your growth is incredible.

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

thanks Pam!

16. Ela — May 27, 2011 at 4:33 pm (#

So beautiful… I love the ‘rocky road of life’ pic and the first cat pic.

Savoring gardening, and we have a great memorial day gathering coming up for which we’re supposed to make our home comfort foods. Will post about for sure!

17. Emily — May 27, 2011 at 4:43 pm (#

I love the first photo, and even more so because of the title! All the photos look awesome though, beautiful job!

18. Christine — May 27, 2011 at 4:53 pm (#

The kitty cat!!! Love to travel as well, but the most depressing thing that I always find are the stray cats and dogs :( If I could take them all in I would. They probably live better than you and I, but still sad when they’re out in the hot sun begging…

Love anything to do with the beach and as I was strolling down the pics I was looking for a Skylar pic to pop up. She is so adorable. I’m sure she will enjoy reading your blog and looking through the many years of her life when she grows older.

Heading to the Jersey shore for the holiday weekend. It’s hot, hot, hot over here!! Looking forward to the beach myself :)

Enjoy your last weekend.

19. Christine (The Raw Project) — May 27, 2011 at 5:29 pm (#

Gorgeous pics, very artistic.

1. Not much and it’s nice! 3 days of no stress and hubby home. :-)
    2. Down time to relax, play in the kitchen and eat sadly because work has been so crazy this week.
    3. Probably the 2nd one, great color and powerful message.

20. katie @ KatieDid — May 27, 2011 at 5:49 pm (#

i LOVE the first picture with the big chain and ocean behind it. I think the intense lines and contrast of colors is very pleasing. Great job with the all the pictures! I will be savoring every minute with family member that are visiting to watch me run my first marathon this sunday! I will also be savoring whatever amazing meal I eat post race haha! have a great weekend!!

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

good luck on your marathon!

21. Lisa is Raw on $10 a Day (or Less!) — May 27, 2011 at 5:58 pm (#

What gorgeous photos! I’m officially jealous!

I’m definitely a savor-er. I savor just about whatever I’m doing at the moment.

22. Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty — May 27, 2011 at 6:10 pm (#

Oooooooooooh I love the chain photo!! And all the rust ones!! Gorgeous gorgeous!!

We have a fun party coming up this weekend, can’t wait! (although I can’t find anything to wear!!)

23. Andrea — May 27, 2011 at 6:33 pm (#

Awesome pictures! I loved Aruba when I went and seeing your pics have made me want to (need to) go again…soon!! Your photography skills are really increasing exponentially. Well done!

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

thank you, andrea!
    and yes, you should come again!

[Reply]

24. Awesome pictures! And great sentiments, too. Always good to have a reminder. Enjoy!

25. Laney — May 27, 2011 at 7:19 pm (#

God those pictures are gorgeoius. I need a vacation so badly! :)

Unfortunately working all weekend, but looking forward to a quiet Monday. Enjoy the holiday!

26. WIERDGREENMAN — May 27, 2011 at 7:32 pm (#

My favorite pictures are the ones with the cat! Sooo cute. I also like the beach photos a lot.
    The iced coffee one has a great color scheme. You asked for feedback, so here it is: I don’t like the surface the Oreo balls are on.

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

oreo pics were taken 6+ mos ago and i am not a fan of the photo either but it’s what I had so I posted it.

27. Holly @ The Runny Egg — May 27, 2011 at 7:48 pm (#

I love all of your pictures — but I really like the ones with the black cat — he actually looks kind of scary but really interesting.

I am so happy to have 3 days off of work!

28. Danielle — May 27, 2011 at 8:08 pm (#

Hope you are having fun in Aruba! =) The ocean blue water looks so inviting!

29. being domUnique — May 27, 2011 at 8:16 pm (#

I’m spending the holiday relaxing with my family and celebrating my little sister’s 11th birthday! She’s getting to those teenage years…when did that happen?!

30. Jenny (VintageSugarcube) — May 27, 2011 at 8:42 pm (#

Sooo glad you had an awesome trip!! Pics are gorgeous. Missed you at the bake sale, but I’m sure there will be something else fun planned soon. :)

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

and yes, there better be something else fun planned! Im there whatever it is :)

31. marla — May 27, 2011 at 9:02 pm (#

Averie, this is such a fun post! Love those sailboats – so serene out there. Awesome that you had the opportunity to take this trip. Everything is so pretty. I am doing as you are, savoring each and every moment right now. We are both in our happy places. xo

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

The irony is that we were both in our happy places 6 mos ago (Dec.) and we are both exactly now in them. How surreal/ironic/fateful/”deep” is that?!

Can’t wait to see you but til then, you MUST enjoy and savor every ounce of peace while you’re there…I know how it revitalizes you. And I am so happy for you for that!
    xoxo

32. Kate (What Kate is Cooking) — May 27, 2011 at 10:33 pm (#

You are in paradise! Looks beautiful :)

33. Katie — May 27, 2011 at 11:02 pm (#

Your day and my day were VERY different!

34. Sara (The Veggie Eco-Life) — May 28, 2011 at 4:47 am (#

I love the picture with the cat!

PS : Please help me choose from the cooking books listed on The Veggie Eco-Life

35. Ragnhild — May 28, 2011 at 8:07 am (#

I.Need.A.Vacation!! Aruba looks like wonderful place! Hope you are enjoing it for all it is worth, Im sure you are ;)
    Have a great weekend :)

36. Amber K — May 28, 2011 at 9:27 am (#

The very first photo is my absolute favorite from this post. It’s quite beautiful :)

I’m off work for the summer, but I’m super happy that my husband has Monday off! I love getting to spend extra time with him.

37. JulieD — May 28, 2011 at 11:02 am (#

What beautiful photographs! Thanks for sharing!

1. I’m going to be cleaning, reorganizing and doing lots of cooking!
    2. I’m savoring chocolate right now, especially the peanut butter variety. :)

38. Angela (Oh She Glows) — May 28, 2011 at 11:08 am (#

Wow stunning pics Averie!!!
    I think my fav three are #1, the second cat pic, and the big hook pic. Simply breath-taking. Im so craving iced coffee right now! If only it would warm up a bit.

39. Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — May 28, 2011 at 11:11 pm (#

Well, I think you should definitely frame the first one!!! It is gorgeous!

40. Beth — May 31, 2011 at 7:29 am (#

Great photos of Aruba’s nature, creatures, and historic past. My favourite picture was the first one of the chains & post on the beach.

41. Aruba — July 17, 2012 at 8:16 am (#

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I
    have really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.

In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

42. Aruba — July 19, 2012 at 2:56 am (#

Hey There. I found your blog using msn. That is an extremely well written article.
    I will make sure to bookmark it and return
    to read more of your useful info. Thank you for the post.
    I’ll definitely return.