Cookie Monster

I received four boxes of cookies from Enjoy Life

Just what I needed.  Four boxes of cookies.

But I’m not complaining, of course!

I wonder how I’ll ever eat that many cookies?  No, I don’t wonder, actually.

I’ve already started sampling them and am happy to report that even though Enjoy Life is known for making foods free from many common allergens, they don’t taste like they’re “free from” or “healthy”.

You can read about my thought on “healthy desserts” or “healthifying” desserts here.  <– That was quite a popular post with lots of opinions on the matter.

If you don’t have any Enjoy Life Cookies on hand, I have some easy make-at-home suggestions and baking and turning the oven on is optional:

Rather than the Enjoy Life double chocolate cookies cookies, you could try my Raw Vegan Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Cookies

You can oven bake or dehydrate these.  Or just eat the dough raw.  Just sayin.

For their sugar crisp cookies, try my Raw Vegan Sugar Cookie Dough Balls

All you need is a food processor, Magic Bullet, or Vita for all my cookie balls and bites recipes.

In place of their chocolate chip cookies, you could tr my Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls instead.

I have never met anyone who didn’t love these and they take less than 10 minutes to make.

And for the vanilla honey graham cookies, well you could try No Bake Nutella & Peanut Butter Graham Bars with Chocolate Frosting if you really want to get your graham on.

I also can suggest Peanut Butter Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan, GF) if the cookie monster strikes.

So many cookies, so little time.

From my last post about my new camera bag, thanks for sharing what your favorite bags are.  I love purse and bag talk, what can I say.

And thanks for the compliments on my new bag setup.  I’m really happy with the way it all came together!

1. Favorite kind of cookie? (or narrow it down to a couple because just picking one is way too hard!)

I love cookies that are underbaked, soft, and chewy.

If it’s dry, I won’t even bother.  Ick!

The only exception to my hard and crunchy cookies rule is that I like are crunchy gingersnaps.  But I actually prefer my raw vegan gingerbread cookie dough balls because they are soft and chewy.   I always go back to soft and chewy cookies. I hate biscotti for those very reasons: hard and dry.  Just not a fan, personally.

And even though I do love chocolate, an oatmeal raisin, snickerdoodle, peanut butter, or non-chocolatey cookie can be divine.  It all comes down to the cooking/baking process, for me.  And of course warm and right from the oven always makes my heart go pitter-patter.

I also don’t want to eat things that taste like “health food” when I’m eating cookies!  I don’t want the cookie to taste healthy!   The sweeter the better, for me. Embrace some dessert eating.  <— Everything in moderation.

2. How’s your weekend going so far?

Mine has been flying by!   I’ve been in the kitchen and created something wonderful.  Recipe to follow, soon.

And I ran some errands in this gorgeous weather!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

40 Responses to “Cookie Monster”

Kristina @ spabettie — June 25, 2011 at 5:25 pm

I received these cookies too – and OH MY, that vanilla honey graham??? AMAZING. I love the flavor. The others are good too… :)

we finally have great weather here too… got our new deck table / chairs set up, now we just have to open the pool! :)

Jennifer@ knackfornutrition — June 25, 2011 at 5:26 pm

I love all cookies. I’m not really one to discriminate against sugar. But if i had to choose one I would say oatmeal chocolate chip. Yummm! P.S. Love the new camera bag, so cute!

Jess@HealthyExposures — June 25, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Oooh, vanilla honey graham?! those sound wicked good. As do your suggestions for what to make in place of them ;) Good suggestions, too, because I’ve never seen Enjoy Life cookies on the shelves.

Favorite cookie? Welllll…I’ll take any kind of ginger snap/ginger cookie…but i also have a soft spot for ED&BV’s lemon poppyseed cookies. Or any of your cookie dough balls ;)

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles — June 25, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Mmmmm my favorite cookies are DEFINITELY chewy!! Anything with chocolate and peanut butter!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin — June 25, 2011 at 6:12 pm

I just received these cookies too and I can’t wait to try them… actually I’m surprised I haven’t broken into them yet! :P

My favourite kind of cookie is any one made with oats that’s crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.

Aja — June 25, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Oh my goodness, so many cookie posts lately. I’ve been craving cookies like crazy and now I understand why.

My favorite kind of cookie is a tie between chocolate chip and pretzel cookies. No, they don’t taste like pretzels.

Crissie — June 25, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I love the Enjoy Life brand! My daughter has severe peanut and tree nut allergies, and any baked goods can be a total minefield for her. I hope you and Skylar love them!

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. — June 25, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Ohhhhh…..shmancy camera bag. Love it!!
    I love any raw vegan cookies. Well I love any Vegan cookies but then the guilt is too much afterwards if I ate sugar, real sugar. So I do better with slightly less guilt.
    No I am not Catholic or Jewish, although My mother grew up Catholic and there was some question as to whether I have Jewish roots as well. Yes, all this neurosis & guilt over a friggin cookie, I have to blame it on SOMETHING! :)

Ali @ Urbanfruitbat — June 25, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Man, you really do love your dezzies! I know I do to. I think the best cookie I ever had were ginger creams from a little independent coffee shop in Calgary. They consisted of two soft baked ginger bread cookies with cream cheese frosting in between them. And they were no small cookies. They were as big as my face! I had one every weekend for a whole year, and for my birthday, they made me a ginger cream birthday cake! It was four HUGE ginger bread cookies with the frosting in between and as decoration. So Good. My weekend has just been WORK.

Stephanie — June 25, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Averie, you could always dunk your biscotti in some coffee. I know how you like your coffee :) Though I guess it’s not so much soft and chewy as just soft. Oh well.

O.C. — June 25, 2011 at 8:24 pm

I like sugar cookies, but the have to be just perfectly gooey and soft and preferably topped with rainbow sprinkles because those just make everything better :)

Katie — June 25, 2011 at 8:34 pm

I only like biscottie dipped in my coffee. Until it is nice and soggy and full of coffee goodness. Yep. Otherwise, chewy and underbaked. Unless its a gingersnap. :)

Serena — June 25, 2011 at 8:42 pm

I either love cookies that are super gooey, like underbaked chocolate chip cookies (and preferably very sweet chips and a more buttery base) or very very crunchy like shortbread :)

Lynne @ 365 Days of Baking — June 25, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Avery, you know you can never have TOO many boxes of cookies (even when they are better for you than all those other ones.
    Love your new bag. Enjoy it!

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — June 25, 2011 at 10:07 pm

I ate an Enjoy Life Snickerdoodle sample that came in a box of snack bars Dustin picked up. It was so good!! I’ve never had a Snickerdoodle in my life, and until I started reading blogs, thought they had Snickers in them, lol. :shock:

Under-cooked cookies = nothing better than doughy goodness.

My weekend has been busy!!! We’re juggling a zillion different projects + life. But I think your boat is a lot like ours, so you know what I mean. :D

Jackie @ That Deep Breath — June 25, 2011 at 10:29 pm

I generally like chewy cookies better than crisp ones. Gooey, soft & pillowy are the perfect words to describe my favorite cookies. Once in a while i will go for a crisp one, but they aren’t the same!

Morgan @ moments of mmm — June 25, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Those nutella & pnut butter bar pictures are gorgeous! And they look absolutely divine.

That green bag is your camera bag? I need to go read that post! I love it.

Maria @ Scandifoodie — June 25, 2011 at 10:45 pm

I never buy cookies and hardly ever bake them either! I don’t really know why!

mi-an — June 25, 2011 at 10:45 pm

my favorite cookies: snickerdoodles (trader joe’s came out with soft baked chewy gf, soo amazing!!)…i love ginger snaps and chocolate chewy cookies!

went to the SF giants baseball game today..it was such a gorgeous day and it was so nice to be out there!!

Emily — June 25, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Probably anything with chocolate! Although classic chocolate chip with crispy edges and a soft and chewy middle are probably my all time favorite.

Anne — June 26, 2011 at 12:26 am

Is that a camera bag?! I love it! And I second the “healthy” tasting cookies – nonono. Except: I like SOME cookies from coarser flour, but that’s because I think they have more bite and taste, so the “graham” cookies there really turn on my munchies…especially when I see the “gluten free” in the corner! Hope you’re having a great w-e :-)

Maris(In Good Taste) — June 26, 2011 at 2:05 am

Honestly, to me there is no substitute for homemade cookies. Favorite-chocolate chip!

Three-Cookies — June 26, 2011 at 4:05 am

Its interesting that the cookies are called ‘handcrafted’. I know microbrewers call their brew hand crafted but cookies is a first. I suppose companies are really trying to differentiate and make their products sound more delicious

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — June 26, 2011 at 4:53 am

Ha, I’m the same way– I like cookies that are still pretty much dough :-)

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free — June 26, 2011 at 5:01 am

I like chocolate chunk cookies (unsweetened chocolate, of course :P ) haha! But honestly, love any kind of cookie as long as it isn’t sweetened…hahaha….

dragonmamma/naomi — June 26, 2011 at 5:03 am

My favorite cookies are anything homemade. Besides taste and texture, the uniformity of store-bought cookies bothers me! I want bumps and shapes that are a little bit not-perfect.

lynn @ the actor's diet — June 26, 2011 at 7:58 am

i’m getting those cookies sent too and i know there will be NO PROBLEMS eating all four boxes! my fave cookie is from momofuku milk bar, where i went last night in nyc. weirdly, i didn’t get any cookies.

katie @ KatieDid — June 26, 2011 at 8:21 am

Enjoy life does make some smaller, softer cookies that are really really good. I have the lemon flavor right now and they are soft and chewy just as you like cookies. But with all your baking, I don’t think you have a need or want to go out and buy even more sweets to add to your stock pile!

Amber K — June 26, 2011 at 8:22 am

Oh I am so the same way. An underbaked, soft, chewy cookie is perfection! Biscotti is just about the worst idea in all of creation.

Yesterday morning was much better than last night. Got my errands and weekly food prep done, hung out with my husband and then….my temperature reached 104 and stayed there as I shivered with weird feverish dreams. Feeling better this morning, but still a little “off.” Hoping for a much less crazy day!

Christine (The Raw Project) — June 26, 2011 at 8:39 am

Sweet swag score. The cookies look good, are they vegan? Yum, so many other great dessert recipes here!

1. Anything with chocolate I guess.
    2. Going by too fast, not thrilled about going to work tomorrow! :-P

Chelsea — June 26, 2011 at 11:27 am

Favorite cookies are haystacks hands down so delicious. I learned the recipe from my grandma.
    Just picture this ;) 3 stick pretzels plaed down to make a triangle (nuts can be added if desired), drizzle melted chocolate over the haystack, and place in the fridge over night.
    Oh my gosh YUMMM!!

Becky — June 26, 2011 at 4:39 pm

I hate dry cookies, too. I love when they’re gooey and undercooked. Anything chocolatey and peanut butter cookies are definitely my favorite, but I also love to venture out and try new kinds!

elise — June 26, 2011 at 6:04 pm

i tried a few of those flavors at expo. i thought they were a bit too crispy/crunchy for my preferences. i like soft, ooey, gooey cookies. usually oatmeal raisin is my fave.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — June 26, 2011 at 6:05 pm

My mom’s chocolate chip cookies are the best cookies I have ever had.

Maria from Denmark — June 27, 2011 at 9:01 am

I am very curious: HOW do all of you lovely ladies “just receive” several boxes of cookies? I am just plain jealous and I really do NOT get it, lol ;)

Krista — June 29, 2011 at 7:14 am

My favourite cookie is any that incorporates chocolate!! :)