On Board With

I’m so glad you got a kick out of my last post, hair salon blogging, and the pictures of me with foils in my hair.  Yes, keeping it real.  Always.

Here’s my new and freshly touched up color.

Photos courtesy of my iMac’s built-in camera and the Photo Booth program.

No cut, just highlights.

Ba-bye root regrowth. I can’t believe I am posting that picture, but whatever.  I’ve posted foil pictures already.

It was my first time using the built-in camera since I got this computer and it’s so much easier than trying to balance my DSLR in one hand, while doing it in reverse in a bathroom mirror, with a huge lens covering half my face, and somehow trying to snap a decent picture.

Why didn’t I think to use Photo Booth sooner or with my old computer?  I’m a little slow on the uptake, apparently. But I’m on board now.

I’m also on board with:

1. A freezer full of cookie dough balls and bites.

I reached for High Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls yesterday.

I always store extra desserts in the freezer that way no matter what I’m in the mood for, it’s likely I have something along those lines waiting for me in cold storage and it just takes 10 minutes or so to come back to room temp.  Good as new.  That was my grandma’s method for 90 years and if it worked for her, I’m on board.

2. I’m on board with beautiful yellow calla lilies from the farmer’s market

Aren’t these so vibrant and striking?  I could have taken pictures of them all day.

They remind me of the calla lilies I saw in Aruba a few weeks ago.  And whoa, that trip feels like a lifetime ago already.  Sigh.

3. I’m always on board to spend time with Skylar.  She doesn’t know it’s fireworks weekend yet.  She’ll be thrilled when I tell her!

4.  Bowls of popcorn.  Always on board with those.

Popcorn, How I Love Thee.

I have an entire popcorn recipes section I love it that much with a variety of blends and combos.

Adding nooch, cinnamon, sugar, stevia, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, coconut oil, ginger, maca.  <– All at once, or just some of those at once.   It’s all good.

5. Sex on the Beach

I’d be on board with either variety.

6. Yellow Peppers, Sugar Snap Peas and Spicy Doritos Cheezy Dip

Totally on board for some raw crunch + dippage

1. Have you ever discovered something new on your computer that you had no idea existed that has turned out to be helpful and useful?

Do tell because we can all help each other learn things.

My tip for those that aren’t familiar and have a Mac:

To do a screenshot, you hold down three keys at once: Command + Shift + 4

And then you can “draw” the screenshot size, it saves it to your desktop, and you can upload the screenshot to your blog, email, or other files.  Pretty basic but maybe someone doesn’t know that one.  I forget half the time what the three keys to hold are.

Also everyone raves about Instagram for their iPhone.  I don’t use it.  Maybe I should be?

2. What are you On Board With?

And Keep the Bamboo Travel Skirt Giveaway Entries coming!

67 Responses to “On Board With”

Shay — June 30, 2011 at 2:42 am

1. I have a Macbook Pro and it took me the longest time to realize all the keypad strokes and their functions but now that I know, they are total time savers. Gotta love those Mac tricks.

2. I am totally on board with all this sunshine we’ve been having here in southern PA!

And thanks for keeping it real, as always! Your hair looks super fab, by the way.

Naomi — June 30, 2011 at 2:46 am

Well not recently on my computer on on my iphone!! I visited my friends in NYC this weekend adn she showed me all of these cool things on my iphone that I NEVER knew about! like how to close apps that eat up battery and shutting on webpages…very cool!

i love you hair! looks perfect for summer time!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — June 30th, 2011 at 4:20 am

I fished like 10 of your comments out of my spam the other day…not sure why they went into spam but they are out and safe now :)

xoxo

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — June 30, 2011 at 2:53 am

Those yellow calla lilies are soooo beautiful! The pictures are fantastic. I hope you’re saving them for upcoming “things.” :)

No one makes me crave: fruit, veggies, or popcorn as much as you do!!! LOL I’m on board with fresh, wholesome, yummy eats inspired by Averie: Goddess of the tropics and fresh foodie.

Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun — June 30, 2011 at 2:59 am

“I’d be on board with either of those” in re: sex on the beach. I don’t know why but it made me crack up. Just wanted to say hello, my friend! :)

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — June 30th, 2011 at 4:20 am

because we are moms and our days of sex on the beach, in either form, are pretty limited I am thinking :)

xo

Tasha @ Voracious Eats — June 30, 2011 at 3:36 am

Awww I hope my last post inspired you to check out the photobooth application! Isn’t it fun?

Okay, quick request. Can you come over and bring some of those choc chip balls, and some nacho cheese dip? We’ve got a lot of gossiping to do and I’m HUNGRY!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — June 30th, 2011 at 4:21 am

oh what i wouldnt give for a gabfest lonnnnnng session with you! over dough balls and drinks, even tho you dont drink, it’s a fun thought :)

xo

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — June 30, 2011 at 3:39 am

Not gonna lie, I am not so down with the second kind of sex on the beach. Sand. Everywhere. I AM on board with the fact that I leave for my vacation on Saturday! Oh, and to do an iPhone screen shot you hold the top button and the bottom circle button at the same time. You’ll see the screen flash white and voila!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — June 30th, 2011 at 4:19 am

I almost wrote that about the sand then figured I didnt need google searches finding me (comments are safe, posts…ya never know!)

thanks for the reminder on the iphone screenshot. i knew that but couldnt remember it. Ha!

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles — June 30, 2011 at 3:43 am

The hair looks great, and you’re so tan!! I haven’t used my Photo Booth yet either, but I just discovered Mac’s screenshot working on a presentation the other day. Awesome! Also, the stickies widget is awesome for making lists!

I’m definitely on board with the week of nice weather we’ve been having up in New England!

• Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles replied: — June 30th, 2011 at 3:50 am

Oh!! My other new discovery: holding a file over a folder opens the folder so you can drag and drop into subfolders without clicking a million times! Probably well-known, but a new (accidental) discovery for me!

Anna @ Newlywed, Newly Veg — June 30, 2011 at 4:12 am

Those flowers are just beautiful!! And so is your hair :-)

Kim — June 30, 2011 at 4:18 am

Your hair looks fabulous! :D

cathy — June 30, 2011 at 4:24 am

your time at the salon was worth the investment, averie – looking good!!!
    haha – we used to give my mom a hard time as kids because no sooner would the cookies be out of the oven, but she’d pop then in freezer to keep them fresh. guess what – of course, i do the same thing, now!
    i’d LOVE for someone to show me features on my blackberry and laptop – i know there’s a ton of stuff i am not making use of. some day!
    we’ll have fireworks this weekend, too, for canada day! skylar will be thrilled, eh!

Snippets of Thyme — June 30, 2011 at 4:45 am

Thank you for your oh so sweet comments on “Snippets”. Your energy for photography is going to be so fun when you hit those Mexican markets with Penny. I cannot wait to hear all about it. Truly! On your other topic: what have I learned recently? Definitely learned lately how to do “dyptchs” on Photoshop Elements. I had the 30 day trial but it has now expired so I need to decide whether to purchase it. I find doing most anything on it…very difficult!

Abby — June 30, 2011 at 4:56 am

I’m pretty sure I would be on board with you adopting me, although I would be a bit jealous because Skylar is so freaking adorable. However, your spirit and your dough balls would be enough to seal the deal. ;)

siobhan — June 30, 2011 at 5:13 am

I just have to ask: do you really post at 4 am?!? What are you, superwoman ?!? ;) I am loving this blog!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — June 30th, 2011 at 11:43 am

sometimes, yes, but also there is a timer/auto-publish feature that I can set and turn on so it will publish when I am sleeping, gone, out, etc.

Heather (Where's the Beach) — June 30, 2011 at 5:27 am

Those flowers are beautiful. I always forget how much I like calla lilies until I see them.

Brooke — June 30, 2011 at 5:27 am

I am on board with Fridays…ugh…just ONE MORE DAY!

Brooke Annessa

Emma — June 30, 2011 at 5:32 am

I love love love bamboo clothing! I buy the brand Zhai. Too bad I’m worlds away so I cannot join the contest!

Nadine — June 30, 2011 at 5:40 am

The sex on the beach made me laugh this morning.

I’m excited for Canada ay, its tomorrow!

Lindsey @ Gluten-Free Lindsey — June 30, 2011 at 5:45 am

Popcorn recipe section?! You totally just made my day!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table — June 30, 2011 at 5:46 am

Your hair looks great!

I’m continually learning new things about my Mac. I feel like I’m wayyyy under utilizing it evertime I learn a new trick.

Erica — June 30, 2011 at 5:58 am

Hair looks great! Fresh highlights are seriously the best! Those yellow callas are just gorgeous. I’m on board with the weekend being almost here :) Baking today for our Body Step launch tonight, Water (I can’t seem to get enough these days), Frank & Josh :)

Lori @ RecipeGirl — June 30, 2011 at 6:12 am

You’re so cute :) I might be getting a MAC! I’ll be making the switch from PC to Mac. Hope the Apple store can figure all of that out for me…

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — June 30th, 2011 at 11:46 am

You will LOVE it! My hubs made the plunge for his whole business 5 yrs ago and was a DIEHARD pc guy. And yes, the Apple store will help you with everything!

Christine (The Raw Project) — June 30, 2011 at 6:16 am

You hair looks great. Yum on the cookie dough balls, I should try freezing my hemp seed fudge balls.

1. On our new one yes because of all the various parts hubby installed on it – I think it has like 20k USB ports. :-)
    2. Making it to the 3 day weekend with my sanity after this week at work!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope — June 30, 2011 at 6:21 am

Your hair looks fabulous Averie! I love getting mine touched up… gives me that little extra confidence boost. :)

Wow, those are such good-quality pictures from your computer! I’m totally impressed. I recently discovered the “Snipping Tool” on my PC laptop. It’s awesome for doing posts and for sending my dad screen shots when my computer is having issues.

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — June 30th, 2011 at 11:49 am

thanks for the lovely comment, as always.

you make me smile…you’re such a positive person, heather!

Leia — June 30, 2011 at 6:31 am

Instagram really is great! You should definitely try it!

Katie — June 30, 2011 at 6:47 am

I’m not on board with both kinds of sex on the beach. Guess which one I hate?

I am on board with those lilies though. Ineed some bright yellow sunshiney flowers in my life right now. Or just sunshine. Its dreary today.

Emily — June 30, 2011 at 6:49 am

Hahahaha love the sex on the beach statement.
    And I always forget which 3 keys take a screenshot too, I usually end up googling it!

Sarah — June 30, 2011 at 7:06 am

Loving the hair, lady! Nice.

Today I am on board with chill out time with the hub and wine! And dark chocolate with ginger chunks in…

Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh — June 30, 2011 at 7:14 am

I have been needing to get my hair highlighted so bad!! I just never have the time. I have such thick hair, that it takes them like 3 hours to do it! It’s crazy!
    And I love those flowers, especially the yellow ones. THey would look so pretty in vase on my table :)
    And I had NO idea on how to do a screen shot! I have been wanting badly to learn how to do that! haha Thank you!. Tips for the mac…HmmmI know if you go into the system preferences, you can change it so whenever u put ur mouse in a certain corner of a screen, it will do something cool..like bring up the dashboard, or show you all your pages open…etc..
    And I’ll be emailing you shortly! :)

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — June 30th, 2011 at 11:52 am

My girl is fast and I fire and move on to new people if I am there longer than 2 hrs ( i also dont stay for a blowout and leave w/ wet hair)….i cannot STAND sitting there waiting….ugh!

Kristina @ spabettie — June 30, 2011 at 7:47 am

haa – I was thinking to myself “does her old mac not have a camera and photo booth? just as you were saying “why didn’t I sooner?” ;)

now you have to get to page 163 in Plate to Pixel about tethering!! :D it is SO fun! I was putting it off, thinking it would be a complicated install of SOMETHING, and while I was explaining it to Jason, he was on my new laptop and suddenly says, “okay, here!” and had it set up. So even a non computer nerd should be able to do it quickly! :)

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — June 30th, 2011 at 11:53 am

Where my computer is located, i.e. bedroom, shooting teathered would be really tricky b/c the light in here, the location, floorplan, just everything, not really viable but yes, I know I could do it if I wanted to :)

char @ char on a mission — June 30, 2011 at 7:53 am

Your hair looks awesome! I’m tempted to go and get more blonde put on the top, because I want to be REALLY blonde…even just for summer! I never used iPhoto for the longest time and I don’t know why. It’s awesome and now I use it all the time!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — June 30, 2011 at 8:02 am

I’m an Aruba girl too! I have a timeshare at the Playa Linda and am counting down to my trip in a few weeks. I would love to own a place there – how many times a year do you go? I actually got married there almost 3 years ago…and carried calla lilies in my bouquet! Perhaps the ones you saw were also going to a wedding! :)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — June 30, 2011 at 8:08 am

I’m on board with 3 day weekends!

julie — June 30, 2011 at 8:11 am

hahahahahahaha your hair salon foil pics are amazing. thank you for reminding me i’m getting my hair cut tomorrow morning! also, i’m pretty obsessed with the color you got done :) you have such a bergdoff blonde color i love it!

Anne — June 30, 2011 at 8:25 am

Long time no comment but I LOVE your latest posts, haha…put a smile on my face and you’re looking great girls, both of you ;-)

Amber K — June 30, 2011 at 9:17 am

That’s funny, I have no idea how to take a screenshot on my PC. I feel like it’s basic knowledge, but I just realized I have no clue how to do it!

Those flowers are absolutely beautiful. I’m not even a huge fan of flowers, I especially don’t want to receive them as a gift. But I can fully appreciate their beauty from afar :)

Chelsea — June 30, 2011 at 9:28 am

If you don’t like the flash on photobooth (it annoys me sometimes and I have better lighting around me during day). Just hold down the shift button THEN click the take picture button :)
    That was a little tip for MAC I was so happy to figure out!

Amanda Jewell — June 30, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Calla Lilies are one of (the two) my favorite flowers!! They’re so elegant looking and the smell is so relaxing to me! I love photobooth –> It’s my go to thing to do when I feel like procrastinating from studying or working on my thesis…. lol.
    P.S. hair is looking GOOD!

Moni'sMeals — June 30, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Great hair, looks gorg…that was awesome yesterday… the photos! nice!

I pretty much everyday learn something new about gosh darn computers. :)

Ali @ Urbanfruitbat — June 30, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Looking as glam as ever! I am sure that there are a million things on my computer I know nothing about, and most likely will not ever know anything about. And I am ok and on board with that. lol

Jill — June 30, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I need to make popcorn soon, it has been 2 long.

Katharina — June 30, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I can just imagine how excited Skylar be once she finds out what weekend it is!!! Does she like sparklers?

Your hair looks great! And your smile is so beautiful :D Not to mention you just look so lovely in that picture with the drink. Bahaha and either variety for me too! Although I’ve only had the drink variety :p

1. OH wow! I am very simple with the keyboard shortcuts. Thanks for the little tidbit :) Wish I could pass one on to you, but I think you already know how to copy and paste with the shortcut way.

2. I’m on board with a lot of things! Pretty easy going and accepting of many things except for things that cause harm to others or the self. Right now for myself.. I’m on board with finding a job! I just don’t know what direction to go in :\

XO!!!

Emily @ Comfortable Home Life — June 30, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Ooh I’m going to the beach this weekend.. hopefully I’ll have a little bit of that second kind.. ha! Here’s a fun Mac trick: hold down control, alt/option, command and the number 8 (4 buttons) for a screen color inversion! Not really helpful or useful, just random Mac secrets. Also, I love instagram! It’s free. Get on that! :)

Jess@HealthyExposures — June 30, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Love the hair – and of course the popcorn. Great minds do think alike! I don’t think we could be farther apart on hair color shade, though ;)

I have to try some of your popcorn ideas. THe problem is, every time I think popcorn now, I think “BBQ seasoning, nooch, brown sugar.” I love ginger, though, and am wondering if I’m missing out on maca? What’s that like?

Command-Shift-4 sees lots of use on my mac…though I don’t know how many times I had to google “screenshot on Mac” before I finally remembered the combo! haha.

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — June 30th, 2011 at 5:53 pm

maca…you would probably like it. it tastes “malty” in a way but some people think it tastes dirty. i hate pea protein and usually hemp, too, but it’s not like that at all!

it’s great for regulating hormones and all kinds of trace nutrients. i say pick up the cheapest bag you can find and try it. nothing earthshattering but decent.

sonia @ master of her romaine — July 1, 2011 at 6:33 am

loving the hair!! I loooove blonde hair and desperately wish I could pull it off. Instead, I try to convince all of my girl friends to dye their hair blonde and live vicariously through them :)

I’m on board with laying out by the pool after I get off work today!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — July 1, 2011 at 10:16 am

Ha – there are SO many things on my computer that I don’t know are there. I am incompetent when it comes to technology.