Big Things

When I was out for a recent run in my neighborhood I noticed these huge copperish statues of animals

I don’t even know what the word for them is.

Statue?  Figure?  Larger than life-sized animal replica?

Big Things sounds good.

And this one was really big.  Super tall!

Much taller than the roof of the house.  I think it’s a horse.  Giraffe?

It’s enormous whatever it is!

I also saw this Big Thing

It was set up for Pride Weekend

I’m sure it makes perfect sense to those who erect such things <— pun intended

Not quite sure what the point is other than giving me a good chuckle each time I passed it over the course of pride weekend.

The only Big Thing I want right now is a Vanilla Iced Coffee

x 2 of these.  I power drink them with my glass straw

And I’d like a big Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie

x 2 please

From my last post, Maybe I Should Get, thanks for your thoughts on the lamps and for sharing your fave stores for the home and household goods.

And raw zucchini noodles as pasta, don’t knock it til ya try it!

Any Big Things in your life or world lately?

Please let’s keep this G-rated.

Big things for me lately (the past 2.5 weeks):

A trip to Mexico City

Moved into a new house

Was featured on someone famous’ website

Had big gratitude for money raised

Ate big pieces of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Marshmallow Stuffed Rice Krispie Bars

Had a big smile on my face

And I have something else pretty big coming up.  It’s a secret for a few more days.

What’s big for you?

P.S. Keep those Organic Raw Honey Giveaway entries coming.

48 Responses to “Big Things”

tamara — July 28, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I used to babysit for a family that lived with their parents in a huge mansion…..that contained within the living room a full-sized taxidermied giraffe. I don’t know if they had hunted it or just ordered it, but it was creepy!

Kristina @ spabettie — July 28, 2011 at 3:40 pm

wow, those animals are in someone’s front yard? I LOVE them!!

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance — July 28, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Haha gigantic animals? Is that elephant made of wood!? If so, that’s one mighty expensive lawn ornament ;)

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — July 28th, 2011 at 3:56 pm

No I believe they are some sort of metal but not sure!

• Sabina replied: — July 28th, 2011 at 4:12 pm

They look like they’re made of metal. :-)

VeggieGirl — July 28, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Big for me = competitions; new hairdo and color.

Jaime — July 28, 2011 at 3:43 pm

ohhhh, this post – FAR too easy NOT to keep it G-rated. but I will, hehe ;-)

big things in my life recently – graduating with my master’s degree and passing my boards. The next big thing will be getting a new job in my field. Let’s hope it doesn’t take too long!

Loving all those big animals! :-)

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — July 28th, 2011 at 3:57 pm

congrats on your masters and baords!

• Jaime replied: — July 28th, 2011 at 4:01 pm

thank you so much!

Melissa — July 28, 2011 at 3:43 pm

My big thing is moving tomorrow! AHHHH! Everywhere I turn there is stuff out of place in my apartment. But I am so happy to be moving. I am going to a better neighbourhood, to a nice apartment, for less money. But while I am excited I am stressing about the actual move piece!

Holly @ The Runny Egg — July 28, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Are those statues in someone’s yard? How hilarious.

Big things in my life: we finally took down our big headboard (one of those bookshelf w/attached side tables) — that I HATE and we will get a new one hopefully soon. I am so glad to have that beast out of our bedroom.

And I’m seriously thinking about making those big flourless cookies — they look so good!

Erica — July 28, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Those animal statues are SO random! At least they provide some running entertainment. Obviously I have some big things going on right now :)

Ali @ Urbanfruitbat — July 28, 2011 at 3:58 pm

That really tall “thing” is for sure a giraffe! What a strange collection to have on your front lawn, no? I love the bi pink bird, so cute. I really have had a pretty big few weeks! I hope you get some R and R stat. Nothing all that Big going on in my world, just livin life!

Jess — July 28, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Not really, haha–my life has been pretty low key–on vacation and loving it! But I’m surprisingly exhausted!!

Sabina — July 28, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Hey Averie!

Nice scenery!

Big things? I have a few:

- being 100% debt free!
    - embarking on a stay-cation for the next 11 days
    - loving the place that i’m at in life :-)

happy almost-weekend!

xo

sabina

Christine (The Raw Project) — July 28, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Crazy animal statues! Love the flamingo, so reminds me of Florida. Big amounts of stress and work for me lately, not fun! Hopefully things will settle down after this week!

Reeftraveler — July 28, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Hi Averie – I’m delurking. I’ve been a reader for a few months. I have to confess, it was your dessert balls that got me hooked! That and the fact that I love yoga and all things yoga related. Back to today’s question… any big things in my life lately? I’m running around like a mad woman searching for the perfect king size mattress and bed (what a saga). I think that’s a big thing. Oh, and unfortunately I think my appetite counts as a big thing this week….

Maris (In Good Taste) — July 28, 2011 at 4:56 pm

No way! Are those on someone’s lawn? At least you can be amused while running!

Sarah — July 28, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I LOVE your recipes. I still make the peanut butter cups and always think of you :)

blossjoss — July 28, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Ha those figurines are neat-o. Tacky, but I think I could dig the elephant.

I have so many big things..In the past month I’ve graduated from college, returned to the US from studying abroad (moved), started a new job, and am applying to a professional school and taking a monster test (tomorrow!) to get accepted. I suppose my dog is also big-85lbs. Unfortunately the I’m lacking in the big things I desire. *cough*

Michelle — July 28, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Those animal statues are awesome! I want to hug one!!

I’m going to Vegas for the first time in a few days! It’s just a work trip but it’s still my first time so I’m wicked excited!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — July 28th, 2011 at 8:19 pm

1st time!! OMG HAVE FUN!!!!

if you can see Cirque O or Mystere, do it!! You can always get tickets from a concierge…worth every penny you have to pay for them last minute!

Brooke — July 28, 2011 at 5:42 pm

My brother who has Down syndrome and wasn’t supposed to live past 6 weeks…

He turned 37 on Saturday :)

Brooke

dragonmamma/naomi — July 28, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Someone loaned me a BIG 20-lb medicine ball with recessed handles. (The largest they have at the Y is a 12-pounder.) I looped a strap around the handle and did some side-to-side swings and wall slams with it, and now I’ve got some BIG (but good) aches all over my body. It’s on loan to me for several months, so I decided to give it a name: Zippy.

katie @ KatieDid — July 28, 2011 at 6:51 pm

I was treated to a BIG salad for dinner followed by a BIG klondike bar :)
    And I have a (big) trip planned for this weekend to a beautiful (small) island!!

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles — July 28, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Not in the past couple days, but a few weeks ago I signed up for a full marathon. I’d say that’s pretty big!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — July 28, 2011 at 7:29 pm

oh BIG things :) always big things well sorta…but I always like to see the glass half full and always look for new and big things on the horizon…i just cant wait for what life has in store!

Omg I just saw that instagram of skyler laughing…precious! those pictures make great photos to print and frame!!

sophia — July 28, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I don’t want this to be taken the wrong way, but isn’t gay pride about integrating gays into the community and treating them like regular people and not lepers? I don’t think I really understand why their festivals have to be so…flamboyant. Doesn’t that just preserve the negative stereotypes?

Anyway, off topic. I was just wondering out loud something I’ve always wondered.

I bought two BIG bags of kettle corn today. :-)

Candice — July 28, 2011 at 10:12 pm

oh my.. who’s lawn decoration is larger then their house?! how funny! Congrats with your move! hope your getting settled and comfy.
    nothing to big coming up in my life.. just consuming life with the twinners and tri training! My very first tri is at the end of august!

Katie — July 28, 2011 at 10:54 pm

If you haven’t seen this post yet, you will die laughing. I’m not kidding. Read it!

• Blair replied: — July 29th, 2011 at 11:34 am

I LOVE THIS. I saw it a couple of weeks ago and almost died laughing. It’s amazing.

Callie {Rawxy} — July 28, 2011 at 11:13 pm

hahaha – “I power drink them…” that made me laugh – and here I was, thinking I was the only power drinker ;) Good to know I’m not alone!

Big things… Hmmm… Story (and at times, problem) of my life right now :)

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes — July 29, 2011 at 12:27 am

Those huge animals are pretty cool. The most recent big thing for me is running my first 10K for race for life and my boyfriend graduating from med school.

Karen @ She Flies With Her Own Wings — July 29, 2011 at 1:56 am

Ha! Those metal sculptures are hilarious, if I had a nice sunny yard I think I would prefer having some plants or flowers, not those huge sculptures! Just running around neighborhoods can be very entertaining when you see how uniquely people decorate their houses/yards.

The marshmallow treats look fantastic, I wish I had one right now! The photo really conveys the crispy, gooey deliciousness! Love it.

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — July 29, 2011 at 8:50 am

I have a BIG trip to Aruba on Sunday! Can’t wait to visit my favorite place, my favorite restaurants and my favorite beach!!

Amber K — July 29, 2011 at 9:14 am

My husband and I are going to be taking my best friend’s twin 22-month olds all weekend. Massive toddler-proofing the house going on right now. We’ve had them before, but they were less mobile the last time. And we had them for a day, not all weekend! It’s about to get cah-razy! :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — July 30, 2011 at 1:17 pm

You are such a tease!!! I wanna know the secret!!!!!!!!

Big things:

- My sister’s wedding in 2 weeks
    - Camping trip in 2 weeks and a day
    - Hopefully finding a supervisor for my thesis