Checking It Off
I was able to check quite a few things off my to-do list yesterday:
I have spent way too much time in this department the past 48 hours!
I am tired of thinking about curtains! But I sure do love instagram!
I also got a shower curtain and curtain rod for Skylar’s bathroom.
2. I came home and mounted curtain rods! And a shower curtain rod.
Nothing quite like standing on a step ladder, trying to measure where brackets should go, trying to make them level, all while working above my head. And yes, my arms were falling asleep!
But I have curtains! This is important because I live on a busy street and the whole Free Show and people being able to see into my home was not going to work!
3. The cable guy came and the internet and cable TV are up and running. Nothing like spending time waiting for a cable guy and having that “service appointment window” to content with. Of course, he came in the last 15 minutes of the 2 hour window, tying up my entire afternoon but it’s worth it, obviously, for internet the internet to be up and running! And tv, too. I love my DVR and pretty
much anything on certain shows on Bravo
4. I checked this bag off my list.
Yep, I took down an entire bag of super spicy nuts in about 30 hours. And boy, it was worth it. Fire breath, stinging lips, irritated digestion, and facial sweating. And I can’t wait to do it again! They taste that good going down. Mmmm!
5. I went for a run in my new neighborhood. Even though we only moved 1 mile, I have a new running path. Well, countless paths and ways in which to run. More options than in my last house, just based on busy streets, highways, areas that are too crowded to run in, and so forth so it’s a nice bonus to feel like I have almost limitless paths.
6. I said this house and these wood floors just scream yoga.
I unrolled my mat and had a lovely 20 minute at home yoga practice
All my working out, running, walking, yoga, core work, is all done at home and I don’t spend more than 45 minutes per day working out. Ever.
In terms of food highlights, the thing I love eating the most were those nuts. Mmmm, good.
But I also had lots of fresh pineapple
From my last post, thanks for sharing what your favorite TJ’s items are and glad you got a few ideas from my current finds.
And of the Three C’s, most of you went with Coffee, but Coconut ranked right up there, too.
The Winner of the $25 Swanson Vitamins Giveaway is:
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey July 12, 2011 at 3:44 pm
Great giveaway! I would stock up on some necessary items like nutritional yeast and maybe some tea!
1. What did you check off your list yesterday, today, or recently?
2. When you move into a new neighborhood, do you enjoy finding new running or walking paths and exploring new areas or are you a creature of habit?
When I run, I tend to be a creature of habit and run the same path, day in, day out. It helps me just go onto auto-pilot and not think about my whereabouts all that much and concentrate on my workout rather than where I’m at and directions.
But now, I have all kinds of new paths and options. Actually, though, we used to live so close to where we’re living now back when Skylar was only about a year old so it’s all familiar, yet slightly new, which is great!
3. When you move into a new place, do you find yourself making umpteen trips to Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, the hardware store, or similar stores?
I totally do! It’s things like realizing I need a new bathroom shower curtain, towels, a little rug for a certain space, or needing a longer cable cord or extenstion cord. You name it, moving causes me to live in BB&B or Target or Ace Hardware! And spend a small fortune doing so. Ahhh, the joys of moving. But I am well on my way to being done, being settled, and hopefully not needing to buy anything else!