Grateful

I am grateful for so much today!

1. My High Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls brought in $200 yesterday in the Great Fundraising Act being held on Janetha’s blog for Susan

Here’s a screenshot from Janetha’s blog with my cookie dough balls

I was shocked, thrilled, amazed, proud of, in awe of, and grateful to everyone who bid with such generosity in their hearts.

Not only on my cookie dough balls but on the entire auction.

The Great Fundraising Act was a huge success:

final winning bids total $23,210.

paypal cash donations as of tonight $3,222.

COMBINED AMOUNT RAISED = $26,432.

Susan and her family do not need to cash in their savings and Susan doesn’t have to work fulltime during cancer her treatments!

Truly Amazing!

A huge thank you to Janetha for spearheading and organizing this event.  You are a rockstar.  I can only imagine the work you did behind the scenes and the emails.  Oh, the emails.

And a huge thank you to everyone who bid yesterday on any items yesterday.

And a huge thank you to Carrie, who was the winning bidder on my Cookie Dough Balls, thank you so much!

I still don’t know who you are, but feel free to email me because I am definitely sending you more than just cookie dough balls!

2. I am also grateful to be featured on Katie Lee At Home’s Website today

A bit about Katie: “Katie’s broad culinary experience ranges from hosting the first season of Bravo’s hit reality series, Top Chef, to writing culinary and lifestyle features for an array of magazines. She regularly appears as a Special Correspondent, covering food and fashion for The Early Show, and has served on the Judges panel on the Food Network’s, Iron Chef America. She has been featured in Vogue, Town & Country, Cosmopolitan, The New York Times and on the Oprah Winfrey Show, among others.”  She also has two published books.

I have been working with another woman, Kelli, who wrote the post.  She and Katie are best friends and it’s truly been a joy getting to know Kellli.  She and I have so much in common!

I am honored to be featured on Katie’s blog and she has an amazing array of recipes and tips for the home and party planning.  I hope you check out her site.

3. I am grateful for Skylar’s smiling face.

It was all about the banana chip free samples today at Trader Joe’s

4. A lovely at-home yoga practice made me feel centered, grounded. Peaceful.  I am grateful just to breath in, breath out some days!

5. And I’m grateful for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Marshmallow Stuffed Rice Krispie Bars

From my last post, 7 Links, thank you for the great comments and for telling me what posts you’ve liked of mine.  And for sharing what catches your eye with other bloggers’ posts.

It’s so hard to narrow it all down!  Thanks to newer readers who told me you enjoyed the post and all the links and were able to catch up on my older posts and a possibly few buried treasures in the process.

I also linked the 7 Links (there were more than seven though!) it in my Popular Tab for future reference.  <–links much

Question:

What are you grateful for?

I’ve done gratitude posts in the past and I believe it’s so important to be grateful especially when the chips are down.  By focusing on what you do have and what’s right with the world and your life, rather than focusing on what you don’t have or what’s wrong with things, is really important and beneficial.  We all have so much to be thankful and grateful for.

It’s also part of the mind over matter, a positive mental outlook and attitude, that I discussed in my Hard Work & Luck post last week.

So what’s brought a smile to your face today or what are you grateful for today or lately?

P.S. I am also grateful you’re liking the Raw Organic Honey Giveaway that began today.

37 Responses to “Grateful”

Keelie (SweatEqualsSuccess) — July 26, 2011 at 5:27 pm

It’s astounding and overwhelmingly heartwarming that the auction was so successful!!!

I’m grateful for my beautiful students who greet me with smiles and hugs no matter HOW crazy my morning was, or how rough of a week I’m having.

I’m grateful for a husband who’s my best friend.

I’m grateful that my mother has successfully come through her most recent surgery.

I’m grateful for two terrific sisters.

I’m grateful for blog friends who remind me to be grateful! :)

Heather (Where's the Beach) — July 26, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Woohoo on the money you brought in!! That’s awesome. And I’ve seen her on the Food Network. Wasn’t she on a Paula Deen episode?? I need to go check her site. Congrats again!

Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers — July 26, 2011 at 5:53 pm

I’m grateful for my legs which powered me through a tough workout today, and for my beau who will snuggle me to sleep tonight after a long day!!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — July 26, 2011 at 5:56 pm

I am grateful for my amazing husband, the fact that I am done 6 out of 8 graduate classes, and that I am on summer holidays :-)

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table — July 26, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Woo hoo! Congrats on raising all that money. I’m so impressed with everyone who participated.

I’m super stressed at work right now… but I am so, so grateful to have a job. I’ve been with my company 1 year today!

katie @ KatieDid — July 26, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Congrats on being featured, that’s pretty cool. I took a look and it was a good choice on the recipes!
    I’m grateful for my best friends, who I also get to live with.
    I’m grateful for food on my table and in my belly.
    I’m grateful for my job, and that I get excited to go to it.

Brooke — July 26, 2011 at 6:27 pm

I am so incredibly grateful for the amazing people that have joined with us on our journey to adopt our daughter. I am also grateful for each and every person who has disagreed with our adoption, or adoption in general. Every question, every person telling me it’s the wrong choice…it all just gives me the motivation I need to learn more, read more, and listen more. I don’t always like what I hear, but I take what I can learn from it and move on towards my girl!

Brooke Annessa

Holly @ The Runny Egg — July 26, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Averie how cool! I love that so much money was raised for Susan — that is wondeful!

Did you know Katie Lee used to be married to Billy Joel? Congrats on being featured!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — July 26th, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I did NOT know that! The time I posted about being a contributing writer for Marcus Samuelsson’s site, you knew he won Top Chef Masters. And now you know this about her being married to B Joel. But you know what, I KNEW he had a wife named Katie. And wow, this is her…that is awesome trivia! I feel even more lucky now :)

Jess — July 26, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I’m grateful for such a loving foundation of friends, family, and my boyfriend :D

LOVEEEE that Susan’s fund-raising act was such a success!!!

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan — July 26, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Your photos just get better and better every week, Averie!
    I’m really impressed by the fundraiser. What an amazing blogger community we have!

Paige — July 26, 2011 at 6:48 pm

How awesome that you were published on Katies website! That is something to be proud of:)

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — July 26, 2011 at 6:53 pm

I am so grateful that I have a life growing inside me!

I am also grateful that so much money was raised for Susan. Although I don’t know her, I am painfully familiar with the experience of having a loved one battle cancer and all the medical bills that come with it. The blogging community is amazing.

chelsea — July 26, 2011 at 6:54 pm

I’m grateful for having my amazing boy-friend who despite how much he hates running recognizes his love of mine for it and rides his bike next to me while i run :)

Angela@veggievinyasa — July 26, 2011 at 6:59 pm

I’m grateful for good friends. They make everything better!

Sam@I Tell Stories — July 26, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Wow! What a fantastic success the auction was!!!

I am grateful for my husband, my baby, and my family and friends.

I am grateful for all the people out there who are willing to help those in need!

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles — July 26, 2011 at 7:14 pm

Congratulations on the website feature!! That’s so awesome! And I’m so amazed at the power of the blogging community in the success of the auction!!

I’m grateful for how supportive the blogging community has been during my first month of blogging. It’s encouraging to get tips, tricks and comments from bloggers I admire! I’m also grateful for my boyfriend’s constructive criticism on my photos. Surely if he has to look at more he’ll explode!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin — July 26, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Wow I really can’t believe how much money was raised. That’s incredible!!! :D

Today I’m grateful for having the day off work and for having friends that don’t make fun of me for bawling during the Harry Potter movie haha.

Katie — July 26, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Is this the Katie Lee that was married to Billy Joel?

I’m grateful that I got an extra three hours this morning to get some work done so that I could spend my afternoon reading a book in the terrific weather outside!

I’m also grateful that my neighbor fixed my lawn mower so I don’t have to buy a new one.

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — July 26th, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Holly told me that. I comment replied to her too. But yes, same Katie Lee.

Holly also told me when i did the marcus samuelsson contributing writer posts that he won top chef masters.

it’s amazing what people know…and i don’t :)

But yes, that’s her. I shoulda asked you too!

VeggieGirl — July 26, 2011 at 7:51 pm

I’m grateful for my loved ones, my health, and for friends like you :)

Ali @ Urbanfruitbat — July 26, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Such a sweet post here. I am most grateful for my Love, my baby sister, and all the summer fruit! And of course, yoga and the blogging community!

Jackie @ That Deep Breath — July 26, 2011 at 9:32 pm

I’m grateful for my friends and family, my job, my coaching volunteer “job” and the beautiful flowers that are in bloom right now!

Ragnhild — July 26, 2011 at 10:31 pm

That is so amazing that Carrie gives 200$ for your cookie dough balls!
    Im grateful that I dont know any who dies in the terror+massacre on Friday, that I have a loving family, that my body is strong enough to take me anywhere-even if I dont treat it the best way always. And Im grateful for chocolate, good friends and this blog community!

Maxine — July 27, 2011 at 2:37 am

Hi Averie I just wanted to say I have been reading your blog for some time now but haven’t posted anything, I am a long way from you in Australia!! I am just slowly trying raw foods and raw food recipes and including them into my daily meals and just loving them and feeling so good for it too!!! I made your 2 minute peanut sauce this week and had it on some zuchinni noodles, and made a lovely salad with them. I just wanted to say how easy the recipe was and so good and tasty, keep them coming I copy a lot of them to try out myself. Thanks again Maxine

Hayley @ Oat Couture — July 27, 2011 at 4:42 am

Love this post, so positive! And it has made me think about the things I am grateful for today so thank you! :) Have a great wednesday!

Nichoel — July 27, 2011 at 9:12 am

I am grateful for MAGIC EIGHT BARS!! I made them for the first time last night. I almost didn’t get past the first two ingredients- the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter made the most delicious mixture that I could have continued eating by the spoonfuls!! I can only have a small square though because I get quite the sugar rush. But they are delicious and my coworkers are smitten with me today! :))) These are perfect for sharing with others.

Averie, do you have any other recipes with the graham craker crust?

Amber K — July 27, 2011 at 9:18 am

I may complain a lot (mostly grumbling to myself, but sometimes online!) but I am completely grateful for so much! There are so many blessings in my life. In fact yesterday, I would have named your 7 links post as one of the things I’m grateful for! I haven’t even commented on it yet because I’m still going through all of the links. Like I’ve said before, you have a wealth of information! And I love learning new things :)

Christine (The Raw Project) — July 27, 2011 at 10:01 pm

That’s awesome about the balls, congrats! And the total amount raised is simply amazing, it’s so nice to be reminded of generousity. And that’s really cool your recipes were featured on Katie’s site. Great post.

1. A lot, but mainly my health currently because it seems a lot of family, friends, and co-workers are facing serious health issues now.