Saturday Morning Mexico City Breakfast

It’s a whirlwind here in Mexico City!

Speed editing, speed posting, just some highlights.

Breakfast today:

Traditional sweet breads

Eggs (not mine)

More eggs & refried beans (not mine)

Watermelon (mine!)

Cafe Mexicano (super strong coffee, almost espresso-like, about 2 ounces + about 4 ounces of sweet, warm milk)

Stellar

I still love the vanilla iced coffees I make at home but this coffee did rock.  I had almost two.  Need to keep awake!  We are at a break-neck pace!

Being bloggers and photographers

Then we went to the market.  It was mind-blowing.  The sheer size, the pandemonium, the crowds.  And there was tons and tons of raw meat.  I have a renewed, deep, deep conviction in a plant-based diet after being there.

More market shots later, but now we are off to photograph and shoot all afternoon and late into the evening.  At least until 10 or 11pm!

Glad you enjoyed my Friday Night Mexico City pictures.  And yes, romance is a big theme here.

What’s going on for you this weekend?

P.S. Last reminder for the Two Cookbooks for Two Winners Giveaway

34 Responses to “Saturday Morning Mexico City Breakfast”

Kristina @ spabettie — July 9, 2011 at 11:12 am

ahhh… I am SO excited for you! (I know, I KEEP saying that!!) :D can’t wait to see more! makes me want to do the one in Austin I was telling you about – same thing, goes LONG. looks SO fun.

wedding festivities today for me and tomorrow hopefully meeting Lindsay and her husband – he’s racing here in Portland this weekend WEEE!

XO

Keelie (SweatEqualsSuccess) — July 9, 2011 at 11:16 am

Gorgeous! Can’t wait to see the rest! :)

I <3 Mexican coffee….

Tasha @ Voracious Eats — July 9, 2011 at 11:28 am

Love it! Such stunning pictures, especially the first one with the bread. You caught a beautiful, action packed moment. Well done!

I don’t drink coffee because it makes me too jittery (and I only like it with lots of sugar so even decaf isn’t an option) but I looooove the way it looks, and the way it smells. The photo of that cup of coffee looks so beautiful!

Cassie — July 9, 2011 at 11:41 am

Those sweet breads look delicious, and I’m not a bread person…making me want to go to the bakery :)

Snippets of Thyme — July 9, 2011 at 11:44 am

Oh, I am almost in tears with jealousy!! No really, I am thrilled you are having an awesome time and are documenting this experience for poor (feeling so left out) blogger/photographers like me! It looks like SO MUCH FUN. One of these days, I’m going to do this! I will! Keep posting! Tell Penny that this other Penni over here in Houston is still looking for stories!

Ellie@fitforthesoul — July 9, 2011 at 11:49 am

OooOOo what a fun time Averie! And i really really want those watermelon slices and coffee!!! May I???

Kate @ World According To Kate — July 9, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Beautiful pictures! And what an amazing experience! Glad to hear your having such an awesome time down there :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — July 9, 2011 at 12:17 pm

mmm i love all the fruits and veggies everywhere. I could eat nothing but them!

I’m heading off to a good friends wedding in about a half hour!

Jackie @ That Deep Breath — July 9, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Cafe Mexicano looks fantastic. Can’t wait to see more pictures

dragonmamma/naomi — July 9, 2011 at 12:27 pm

I’ll take the huevos rancheros, a side of watermelon, and the Cafe Mexicano, por favor!

Amanda @ the beauty notebooks — July 9, 2011 at 12:28 pm

mmm look at those sweet breads! and oh the bananas! which have definitely been helping me get through my wisdom teeth post-operation :) Enjoy, and have fun, Averie!

cathy — July 9, 2011 at 12:55 pm

keep going with those coffees. if there’s ever a day to set a personal record for number of coffees consumed, this is it! enjoy the fabulous sights!

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — July 9, 2011 at 1:12 pm

That first shot of the pastries is pretty fantastico mamasita! ;)

I love fast-paced adventures. I’m a bit of an adrenaline junkie… like twice a year, haha.

Keep on enjoying being south of the border!!

The Delicate Place — July 9, 2011 at 1:23 pm

do you like cilantro? very heavily used there and i know some people think it tastes like soap! you know…after seeing meat hanging in market in india i nearly converted (i ate vegetarian the entire month i was there, only eggs no dairy…nearly a vegan) but it didn’t work for me. i felt sluggish, i guess my body needs animal protein?

Kristen @ The Red Velvet Life — July 9, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Beautiful pictures — mmm those sweet breads look amazing! And the sheer number of bananas is crazy — love it! :)

Katie — July 9, 2011 at 1:32 pm

I can only imagine…everything looks so vibrant!

Angela (veggievinyasa) — July 9, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Yummm! I love Mexican breakfast. This weekend I am throwing a yoga/vegan potluck party at my house. Can’t wait to get together with all my girls and have fun.

reid — July 9, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Wow! that’s got to be the most bananas I’ve seen in one place!! Glad to hear you are getting to see interesting and fun places there…:)

Holly @ The Runny Egg — July 9, 2011 at 2:08 pm

I love the picture of all of the bananas!!! Awesome. Have fun!

Maris (In Good Taste) — July 9, 2011 at 2:48 pm

That’s a lot of bananas!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — July 9, 2011 at 5:13 pm

I can’t believe you’re blogging on this trip crazy lady! It looks INCREDIBLE!

Amy — July 9, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Looks like fun! Yuck- hanging meat. Makes it easy to be plant based in my opinion. Very busy weekend for us. Attended a vegan kids get together at a park today. Tomorrow going to a veg meet up at a local restaurant. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Nicole — July 9, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Yum, yum! What a great opportunity Averie!

Okay, I saw your moving post and the Mexico City header and was like, what?!? I stop posting and reading for a few months and Averie is moving to Mexico? Okay, okay, I figured it out, hee, hee. Glad to know you’re still in town and just down the street from where you were : ) I cannot go so long away from this time vampire, I get so out of touch!

Enjoy your time at your photography weekend!!

Nicole

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. — July 9, 2011 at 6:24 pm

What a fun trip. Enjoy! Great shots.

Ali @ Urbanfruitbat — July 9, 2011 at 7:59 pm

That watermelon looks out of this world good! And it has seeds! Crazy! I can’t believe those bananas either! So many! I can imagine how seeing so much raw meat could really turn you off, I feel the same way at farmers markets where I live. And you were right about the comment I made about the bananas looking like gross sweet potatoes! You were right! Sorry about that! Hope you are having an amazing time, and keeping awake! Can’t wait to read more about your adventure soon!
    <3 Ali

Hannah — July 9, 2011 at 10:17 pm

How fabulous! I have vague memories of Mexico City from when I was about 5, and all I really remember was the Mexican doll I bought :)

Christine (The Raw Project) — July 10, 2011 at 7:37 am

Fabulous pics, the sweet breads and watermelon look perfect! What an adventure and I can’t wait to see more!

Amber K — July 10, 2011 at 8:44 am

Exciting! Sounds like you’re having a blast :)

Heather (Where's the Beach) — July 10, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I’m so behind on your trip. That just means I’ve been having a busy (but fun) weekend. Hope you’re having a blast!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — July 11, 2011 at 12:18 am

That first picture of eggs looks like something I’d order – mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!