Scenes from Saturday

Scenes from Saturday:

1. Baking!

That would be white chocolate and then more white chocolate

If you don’t like white chocolate, I’m very sorry.

If you do like white chocolate, I’m very sorry.

Why?

Because you’re going to have to wait for the recipe.

In the meantime, get busy on any of the White Chocolate Recipes from my compilation post

I’d recommend starting with White Chocolate Blondies with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting

Scene 2: Orchids at the grocery store.  Of all places.

Aren’t they beautiful!

I’m pretty impressed with the iPhone camera + Lightroom 3 editing magic on these images.

Sometimes the iPhone camera takes some really good pictures.  Sometimes it’s just meh and even Lightroom can’t save the shot.  But I liked these.  Gotta do the Lightroom part though or it’s back to just meh.

And don’t you love the Monistat, Trojans, and KY Jelly in the background?

Give your girl an orchid and maybe you’ll need the Trojans and KY later on.  Just a thought.

Scene 3: A beautiful day

Scene 4:  Coffee + Baileys

Scene 5: A nice, mellow run.

I didn’t try to run fast.  I tried to just soak in life and take my time.  It didn’t matter if I ran a 7 minute mile or a 13 minute mile.  It was all about the sunshine and fresh air.

Breath in.  Breath Out.  Repeat.

Scene 6: Come in from mellow run and do 20 minutes of at-home yoga and stretching.   Ahhh.

Scene 7: Reading over the comments on the Bling post.  Lots of jewelry lovers in the house!  Diamonds are a girl’s best friend.  That, or chocolate.  Or white chocolate.

Scene 8: I still have many scenes left in my day that need to happen.  It’s that second shift thing.

1. Have you baked, made,or ate anything delicious today or lately?

The white chocolate action today takes the cake for me!

2. What’s a scene or two from your day?

P.S. Thanks for all the barre3 Giveaway entries!

Enjoy your Sunday!

46 Responses to “Scenes from Saturday”

Pamela — July 24, 2011 at 12:55 am

Yay for blogging about Trojans! ;)

Maris(In Good Taste) — July 24, 2011 at 1:58 am

Gorgeous photos. Amazing I-Phone

Hayley @ Oat Couture — July 24, 2011 at 2:41 am

Ok bling might not be my thing BUT white chocolate DEFINITELY is! :) Can’t wait for the recipe!!

VeggieGirl — July 24, 2011 at 2:55 am

I’m speechless after seeing the white chocolate!!! YUM!!!

Jaime — July 24, 2011 at 3:10 am

“Give your girl an orchid and maybe you’ll need the Trojans and KY later on. Just a thought”.

bahahahaha. It’s stuff like this that keeps me coming back for more. Love your honesty, and your keepin’-it-real humor!

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance — July 24, 2011 at 3:25 am

Orchids are beautiful! Especially grocery store orchids ;)

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles — July 24, 2011 at 4:59 am

I’ve been wanting a new orchid! I just can’t justify spending the money. My mom bought me a beautiful one last year but it got crown rot. I always laugh when I see them at TJ’s!

Scene from my Saturday: a rainy 5.5 mile run, a day which turned beautiful and sunny, driving with the top down in the Jeep, and a pool party!

Katrina (gluten free gidget) — July 24, 2011 at 5:17 am

1) Vegan Mocha Ice Cream & GF Banana Bread
    2) Brand new bedside bubble lamps casting a warm glow over a freshly washed and pressed cream colored summer bedspread.

katie @ KatieDid — July 24, 2011 at 5:35 am

ohhhh another decadent looking treat, you never fail to keep ‘em coming.
    My scene was me, a sweaty mess trying to keep cool on my couch in 90% humidity. These are the days I get insanely jealous of those clear blue sky pictures you always post, and talk of clear dry heat, ahhh if only.

Corey @ Learning Patience — July 24, 2011 at 5:43 am

Always enjoy looking at your photos! :-) xoxo

Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine — July 24, 2011 at 5:56 am

Okay, that white chocolate thing looks seriously AMAZING. AMAZING. I love white chocolate in a very different way from dark chocolate, but almost as much. It’s so sweet, and we know I love my sugar!

Haven’t baked anything today or yesterday, but on Friday I made that cookies’n'cream cake and ODed on it yesterday. It was amazing!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — July 24th, 2011 at 1:27 pm

this is your kind of recipe, 100%. I will make sure to tell you once the post goes live…(like a week…sorry!)

Sarah@The Flying ONION — July 24, 2011 at 6:12 am

I baked a delicious blueberry almond breakfast bread after going blueberry picking this week.

But I need to make something with white chocolate soon because now you have me craving! Everything looks delicious! :D

And don’t you just love slow, relaxed kind of runs? I love not knowing my pace and just going out for the fun of it. They’re the absolute best. :D

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — July 24, 2011 at 6:25 am

I made a grain-free coffee cake yesterday for Kevin’s birthday… but it didn’t turn out. It was delicious but slightly undercooked. Don’t you HATE when that happens?
    That chocolate deliciousness is calling my name! I haven’t had white chocolate in years but I do enjoy staring at it! Enjoy your Sunday :)

Ragnhild — July 24, 2011 at 6:35 am

O, I love the white-ness of these! Cant wait to hear what you made!
    Ive eaten a delicious mango smoothie, banana nutbutter split and dark chocolate today. Yum! And Im making sweet potato fries later tonight :)

WIERDGREENMAN — July 24, 2011 at 7:03 am

Haha the Trojans! :)
    I have just discovered carrot ginger soup. Amazing!
    I am definitely looking forward to the white chocolate overload!

Candi — July 24, 2011 at 7:09 am

My day today-ran a great 4 mile run while watching the sun come up. It was amazing. Then, had my beloved coffee with overnight oats & bleberries. Will be doing a little yoga with my daughter later and hanging with my hubby. He’s working on his old truck & we’ll need to go get parts. ;-) Then, the kids & I will wrap presents for his birthday tomorow! So, a fabulous day for me!

your chocolate looks amazing, as do the orchids. I can’t have one or I would sadly kill it….don’t garden well. Have fun with your Sunday!

Candi — July 24, 2011 at 7:10 am

My day today-ran a great 4 mile run while watching the sun come up. It was amazing. Then, had my beloved coffee with overnight oats & blueberries. Will be doing a little yoga with my daughter later and hanging with my hubby. He’s working on his old truck & we’ll need to go get parts. ;-) Then, the kids & I will wrap presents for his birthday tomorow! So, a fabulous day for me!

Catherine — July 24, 2011 at 7:15 am

Beautiful orchid photos. I’ve only been reading your blog a few months & your photography is really changing & evolving :)

I LOVE white chocolate. In fact I was eating some last night. But it was cheap and I read the ingredients to discover there was not even any real cacao in it! I wouldn’t touch white chocolate even 2 years ago but ever since I had my daughter I’m addicted. Need to find some quality, real stuff stat!

I’m curious for your recipe!

Notyet100 — July 24, 2011 at 7:26 am

It’s been so long since I baked anything

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table — July 24, 2011 at 7:46 am

Was the Baileys and coffee before or after the run? LOL! :)

Your mystery dish looks fantastic! I did some baking myself this weekend and can’t wait to share it tomorrow. And I’m eating carrot cake oats right now, which I LOVE as a Sunday morning leisure breakfast.

Sam@I Tell Stories — July 24, 2011 at 8:03 am

So pretty, but my Orchids always die on me! :(

Anyone have any tips?

Christine (The Raw Project) — July 24, 2011 at 8:09 am

Just wow on the white chocolate, looks gorgeous! Beautiful orchids shots and fun pics.

1. The last thing I made was Gena’s raw cheesy sauce – sad, but I’ve been going out to eat or eating leftovers for most of the weekend. Detox next week. :-P
    2. Lots of learning and raw food gadgets.

Sonia @ Master of Her Romaine — July 24, 2011 at 8:27 am

I’m in the process of making something delicious- an Indian comfort food called Kichadi Kadhi (: It has mung beans, basmati rice, and a hot buttermilk soup.
    I really like the purple flower pictures you took. I recently joined Pinterest and I am always tempted to “pin” all of your pictures!
    Also, after drooooling over your magic 8 bars for a really long time, I think I’m finally close to making them…just need to get some friends to commit to sharing them with me, which shouldn’t be hard ;)

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — July 24th, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Pin away, I’d be honored!

I am joined/signed up for pinterest and ive done nothing with my own boards, but of course am flattered when people pin my stuff AND love looking at everyone else’s boards!

dragonmamma/naomi — July 24, 2011 at 9:09 am

I’ve been totally ignoring all of your recipes lately, because I need to drop a few pounds! I’m focusing on veggies, fruit, and lean protein these days. No white chocolate for me, not for a few weeks anyway.

Amber K — July 24, 2011 at 9:11 am

Oh come on now, you can’t tease me with white chocolate! It may not be “real” chocolate, but it’s the kind that will always have my heart ;)

mary @ what's cookin with mary — July 24, 2011 at 10:29 am

Your white chocolate creation def has my orzo salad beat ;)

Jenny$1983 — July 24, 2011 at 10:45 am

Argh, you tormentor! :D The recipe wouldn’t do me much good anyway as I have very little white chocolate left: I used 2/3 of my 150g bar to make my own version of Peanut Butter & Co’s White Chocolate Wonderful this morning (because in England it would cost me £17.99 + £3.95 shipping, which I believe is $29.33 + $6.44 shipping), and I’m having an incredibly hard time stopping myself from eating it like yogurt XD

Kris @krazy_kris — July 24, 2011 at 10:57 am

Oh my.
    I discovered white chocolate when I was 10.
    Famous Amos White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Cookies.
    Back when Famous Amos was gourmet.
    I had forgotten.
    You reminded me.
    I’m now on a mission from God to find some.

Nance — July 24, 2011 at 1:19 pm

I had a LOT of catching up to do, here! We’re coming out to SD for a two week visit in August, so, naturally, I’m thinking of you. Skylar looks fabulous. New place looks tight, but very pretty.

Each time we go out (less frequent and far shorter trips each year, it seems), we look at real estate again. Last visit, we found a tiny, perfect condo in Hillcrest on 3rd, just far enough back from the park to be quiet and private. We put our house back on the market on the east coast and homed in on that 3rd Ave. condo. No joy. We can’t move unless we sell, so….

At least I’ve given North Park, Hillcrest, Bankers Hill, and other favorite areas a really thorough search, if and when the time ever comes.

Our grandson is a marvel, still, and those three years of long, close exposure paid off with a bond that holds up well for us now.

Love to the fam. Site looks incredible! And, yes, I love photography, too. Have you checked out Lytros?

Baking N Books — July 24, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Ahhh – where do you do yoga in your house!? It looks like a studio – so blissful and peaceful :) My apartment is so tiny that is connects with everything. So when I *say* I’ll do yoga…I just end up back out in the kitchen, in front of the bookshelf…or flicking on the TV – right in front of me! But there is no other space.

Katie — July 24, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Give your girl an orchid and maybe you’ll need the Trojans and KY later on. <- that CRACKED me up! You should go into advertising. ;)

I have made some seriously creative cookies in the last week. Nothing posted yet though. Muahahaha!

Suzanne — July 24, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Would you mind staying with me for about a week and making your yummy treats? :)

I cant wait to try the kale chips and EVERYTHING chocolate!

Jess — July 24, 2011 at 3:39 pm

That white chocolate covered baked good looks AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGG!! yum to the extreme.

Paige @ Running Around Normal — July 24, 2011 at 3:41 pm

You can never have enough white chocolate! Can’t wait for the recipe:)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — July 24, 2011 at 10:09 pm

I had a lot of great scenes today … like my nephew trying to fly a kite, or my hubby preparing a picnic lunch for us to enjoy in the park.

It was a good weekend :-)

Minerva — July 25, 2011 at 9:14 am

I made some of your chocolate chip cookie dough balls to sneak into the theatres for Harry Potter last week. I didn’t miss the over-priced concessions one bit ;)