Blur

My day today has been a whirlwind.  Just got back from the post office and mailed out a very special package.

And my weekend was a total blur!

It started off on Friday afternoon by going to the mall

I posted about my Girly Trip

and my Whoo-Whoo sightings

Saturday I baked and packed

Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls

And Sunday I ran around like a crazy woman getting ready for my trip

I ventured into the grocery store and stocked up on food for Scott and Skylar.

Because I’m sure that otherwise they’d starve to death in the 48 hours I am going to be gone if I hadn’t done so.

Cherries were on sale.  I love, love, love cherries!

I could most of that bag in a sitting.  Fiber much?

I picked up a watermelon from TJ’s

The past half dozen watermelons I’ve bought have been outstanding…

…But the one I bought on Sunday is just meh.  A little mushy and overripe.  Edible just not perfect.

Good thing I made up for it with a fresh salad.

And Peanut Sauce Baked Tofu

Think you “don’t like tofu” or having trouble perfecting the way you’re making it?

This should help: Tofu Preparation & Cooking Tips

And for dinners for the next few nights when Scott and Skylar are fending for themselves, I made them a Cheesy Taco Casserole

Scott can handle nuking a few pieces of this for he and Skylar.   That way they’ll have more to eat than raw broccoli, cherries, and mushy watermelon.

And they won’t raid the goodie stash, too much.

But as I mentioned, I always have a freezer full of treats.

Like Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Marshmallow Stuffed Rice Krispie Bars

From my last post, Whoo Whoo, sounds like there are some major Anthro fans.   Now if only someone could help us out with say an unlimited budget shopping spree, I’d be a very happy girl!
And it seems many of you are into animal-themed items.  Fun to hear about what you collect and like.

1. Best thing you ate or did over the weekend?

I am standing by my answer in #3 here.  The footrub, backrub, and time with Scott and Skylar, just those 20 minutes, was the true highlight of my weekend.  Trips to the mall and fresh cherries are nice, but being with the fam is the best.  I’m going to miss them!

2. Do your weekends seem to go by in a blur?

Mine sure do!  Even though I work weekends, and they really aren’t that different than Tuesdays for instance, for some reason my Saturdays and Sundays just evaporate.  I pack a lot into each day and Scott will take Skylar for a few hours so I can turbo through my errands and chores, cooking project, photography shoots, or whatever else I need dedicated and focused time to accomplish.  But boy, the time just goes.by.so.fast!

Thanks for the entries on the Healthy Cookie & Brownie Giveaway!

See you from BoulderOr from an airport for some airport blogging.

29 Responses to “Blur”

Michelle Eden — August 1, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Mmm Watermelon! The perfect summer fruit. :)

Jess@atasteofconfidence — August 1, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I have to send out my very special package too. Excited!

Christine (The Raw Project) — August 1, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Very cool on the package. Yum on the cherries and watermelon.

1. Spent time with family.
    2. Yes, especially lately with so much going on at work.

Brooke — August 1, 2011 at 2:10 pm

The best thing I did this weekend was my 10 miles run. It was hot, it was gross, I looked like a drowned rat…

But I did it!

Brooke

Jenny C — August 1, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Your choco chip cookie dough balls tempt me every time i see them =) must.make.some.soon.! Also that peanut baked tofu looks so yummy! That will be next in line after I try your Mango Ginger Maple.

For me, 1- went to SD & Sea World for the weekend, margaritas + mojitos at Old Town, Phil’s BBQ and 2 – yes, weekends go by pretty fast for me too since one day is always dedicated to chores (and more chores!)

(P.S. i’m delurking now ;) thank you for replying to my email. you are awesome as always!)

kris (everyday oats) — August 1, 2011 at 2:24 pm

The whole July seems to have been a blur for me! :)

katie @ KatieDid — August 1, 2011 at 2:33 pm

My weekend flew, as I was on a mini vacation and vacations always fly by. But I packed a lot into my days and feel well rested heading back into this week. Can’t wait to see pictures from CO!

Trainer Kjirsten @ Balanced Healthy Life — August 1, 2011 at 2:53 pm

I love how your food pics always look so amazing and so refreshing!!!

I can never remember my weekends as they are a blur everytime. I think cramming so much into such a short period of time has something to do with it! Have a great rest of your Monday!!!

Maris (In Good Taste) — August 1, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Weekends tend to go by too fast. I went to a wedding his weekend. Lots of fun!

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance — August 1, 2011 at 3:00 pm

Do you use dressing on your salads? Just curious because it doesnt look like there’s any on that one and I feel like I’m one of the only few people who can tolerate a salad with no dressing

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles — August 1, 2011 at 3:37 pm

My weekends go by WAY TOO FAST! It’s the only time I get to spend with the boyfriend and Sunday afternoon always creeps right up.

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — August 1, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Anthro always excite me! But way over my budget to shop. Blah, guess I can’t get everything :D

Emily @ Comfortable Home Life — August 1, 2011 at 4:03 pm

I just got a so-so watermelon from Whole Foods. Still totally edible (what watermelon ISN’T!?), but it doesn’t have the wow factor that most others do. It’s impossible to tell which ones will be good and which ones will be eh! My weekends always go by so, so fast! I think work weeks should be 2 days long and weekends should be 5 days long. ;) Have fun on your trip! Can’t wait to see your beautiful photography and hopefully you will share some tips with us!

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — August 1, 2011 at 4:10 pm

sometimes when I do have such a packed weekend, it can feel like a blur! this weekend was great beacuse I had quite a balance of craziness but also relaxation! The best thing I ate hmm thats a tough one! Well I hung out with one of my friends who is swiss and she gave me some of this amazing swiss milk chocolate with hazelnuts which was OUT OF THIS WORLD!

Bakerbynature — August 1, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I am totally blaming you if there happens to be a new owl cookie jar in the bakerbynature kitchen, my dear! I am so weak for anthro… and cookies… and well, anything cute, sweet, or kitchen related. Hope Monday was lovely and Sunny in Cali!

Lauren — August 1, 2011 at 6:02 pm

My weekends are FLYING by and I hate it. :( They always seem to go faster in the summer too.

Heather — August 1, 2011 at 7:23 pm

My weekends are always a whirlwind!! This past weekend besides my typical workouts or working on a routine for a fitness class I am teaching. I am working on my MBA, so school is constant, I have not had a chance to enjoy the summer at all, but no problem next year! I also was in the kitchen making gluten free chocolate cake, gluten free Irish Soda bread, gluten free chocolate coconut protein bars and homemade almond butter. It was a busy weekend in the kitchen, but is always top off with a wonderful trip to Whole Foods Market!

Eliot — August 1, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Best thing: watched a sunrise and sunset!
    I don’t even want to talk about the weekend going by in a blur.
    Have a great time on your trip. Can’t wait to see what you post.

Katie — August 1, 2011 at 8:34 pm

I spent the weekend with my family and it was great! I like the short family times. :D

rawkinmom — August 1, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Best thing I ate this weekend was my homemade gluten free chocolate chip zucchini muffins!! YUM!!

Amber K — August 2, 2011 at 9:05 am

They absolutely do seem to fly by as a giant blur. They are basically the same as any day to me, except that my husband is home. And we try and get all of our bonding time in. Since we had two of our nieces and nephews the weekend seemed to go by that much faster. Everything takes longer when you are trying to keep the house in a somewhat liveable state with kids around. Especially since we don’t have an extra room for kid stuff so the living room becomes the bedroom/play area/dining room.

Nikki — August 2, 2011 at 10:25 am

I just found your blog and today I made your cookie dough balls. My. Life. Is. Changed. These are so great! I don’t know how you thought up this recipe, but man oh man. It’s love.

Leslie — August 2, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Ahhh, I’m so glad you mentioned your cheesy taco casserole! I’ve seen it before, but it just cured the “what’s-for-dinner-tonight” syndrome! :D

Have fun with your photog class!

Ellie@fitforthesoul — August 2, 2011 at 2:57 pm

whoa that cheesy taco casserole sounds really good :D Usually, time always goes so fast for me!

Juliette — August 3, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies are the big winner for this past weekends recipe & yes, even though I get 3 days off per week, it always seems to go by in a blur.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — August 5, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Not only do my weekends pass by in a blur … my whole summer seems to be going that way too.