Friday Faves

TGIF!

In no particular order, here’s a list of a few Friday Faves

1. I love my white iphone case because it’s plastic and pretty indestructible

And I can really see it from the depths of my purses, work bag, gym bag and it just stands out so I can find my phone better, but the wood cases are pretty cool!

2. Epiphanie Camera Bags that double as a purse

I really don’t need any more bags

I have this camera bag

camerabag

And this one

But I kinda want another one anyway.

You can never have too many bags

Or too many tubes of lipgloss, right?

3. These roses that I captured make the list of Friday Faves

If you look closely you can see the bee tucked deep inside the center of the rose below

Just like I have no fear of cemeteries, I have no fear of bees.  Come pose for the camera my buzzy little friend.

4. I am due for a thrifting session

I wonder what things I’ll find?  My budget is about $10 bucks

But usually I score for under $10Love that.  That’s a fave.

5. These are a Friday Fave

Snickers Bar Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Or an any day fave

Day of the week does not matter when it comes to candy bars stuffed inside cookies.  Mmm-kay?  Thought so.

From my last post, One Day Ahead & Reusable Mugs, thanks for sharing a few of your fave reusable mug brands.  Always good to hear about new ones.

1. What are your Friday Faves?  Or This Week Faves?

Some ideas…

Fill in the blanks

I would like to have _____________ .

(I would love to have any of these lenses)

I came across this great ____________ .

( I came across this great website that sells presets for Lightroom so I can geek out even more with photo editing.  And yes, I bought some.  Used them in this post to add a little moodiness and broodiness to the photos.  And if you want Free Lightroom presets, I linked to some free presets in my last post)

2. Weekend Plans?

I’m working and have been putting off cleaning my floors and scrubbing my toilets so joy, oh joy, I will be tackling some cleaning projects as well as laundry.

And in between working and my chores, I plan to enjoy some fresh air and summery weather

And enjoy time with Skylar

P.S. Thanks for the entries on the Sweet Treats Giveaway.  Keep the sugar rush entries coming!

38 Responses to “Friday Faves”

Kathryn — August 26, 2011 at 1:33 am

I love those iphone cases! Want!

Have a great weekend :)

Maris (In Good Taste) — August 26, 2011 at 2:05 am

Yay! I am first! Up at the very crack of dawn today! My fav thing about Friday is the fact that tomorrow is Saturday!

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance — August 26, 2011 at 3:02 am

I remember seeing that camera bag on one of your recent posts & just about dying by how cute it is! It literally looks like a normal purse– something I would definitely wear out & about.

cathy — August 26, 2011 at 3:12 am

i love the wooden cases! i’d go with bamboo. i am still holding out for a bejewelled/sequined case, though!
    dreaming, i would like to have a complete MAC makeover and get all the cosmetics used for free!
    i came across a few really lovely room scents and candles at bath & body works yesterday. did not purchase – they will go on the xmas list!
    this weekend: working. but the buskers festival is going on right outside the store, so i will be entertained during down times!
    good luck with the cleaning!!! get it over with and get back outside, right?!

Jess — August 26, 2011 at 3:37 am

Oh, how beautiful/neat are those iPhone cases?! SO cool!

Those LR presets – I came thisclose the other day…but I don’t shoot RAW! Am I correct in thinking they won’t work with JPEG files? Last I checked she was coming out with some, though.

This weekend: battening down the hatches :X

• #
      Jess — August 26, 2011 at 3:38 am

Nevermind, I explored more and answered my own question ;) Although I’d still love to know how you like them!

• #
      Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) — August 26, 2011 at 5:37 am

get them! I bought the entire thing, every single one she makes, both RAW and in jPEG b/c my iphone is jgp and i figure it couldnt hurt. i found a code for 10% off the whole thing so it was under $200 for it ALL and i now have more presets than i will ever, ever need but i love them all!

as i get more used to them and which ones i like, i will lyk what i would recommend, maybe one set, i.e. 10-15 of them, not 4 sets of 15 each x raw x jpg. lol

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope — August 26, 2011 at 4:50 am

I love that iPhone case!!! They seriously get so creative with those things.

I would like to have an all-inclusive, all-expenses-paid tropical vacation before school starts up… I can dream, right? ;)

Katie — August 26, 2011 at 5:03 am

Skylar is so sweet!!!!!!!

Love the iphone wooden cases, how cool! I need a new case, but Im waiting because Im getting the Iphone 5 when it comes out soon!

Happy weekend to you and the family!

Thanks for your code for Iherb, appreciate that so much!

xoxo <3

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — August 26, 2011 at 5:05 am

I need one of those bags! I think I’m going to start my Christmas list already. :-)

Jaime — August 26, 2011 at 5:18 am

LOVE those wood iphone cases. Might just have to purchase one when I update to the new iphone this fall. My current case = nonexistent LOL. Don’t know how that thing isn’t all scratched up

Friday faves include Anthropologie jeans (best fit ever! how did I not realize this before now?), new Kiehl’s face wash (from the blue line), and honeydew nectarines (new find at WF this week – to die for!).

weekend plans = hunkering down for Irene. Don’t think it will be awful here in Boston, but I do expect a lot of rain + wind this weekend. Great for movie watching, blog reading, and tweeting! :)

dragonmamma/naomi — August 26, 2011 at 5:37 am

This week’s fave thing is Free Food. All week long people have been bringing in buckets of backyard pears (both regular and Asian) to the front counter of the Y to share with fellow members. They have been so good!
    One of the members who works at Peet’s Coffee also gave me a certificate for a free coffee drink of my choice. I think that calls for a long walk today; first to Peet’s to get my coffee, then on to the thrift stores.
    Tomorrow morning: Back to the Junior College field for a heavy-duty bootcamp.

Holly @ The Runny Egg — August 26, 2011 at 6:43 am

I would love to have those Snickers cookies :)

Weekend plans: we might hit up the State Fair and we have a Twins game on Sunday. Should be a fun relaxing weekend!

katie @ KatieDid — August 26, 2011 at 6:53 am

Friday favorites… friends- having roommates back in the house is great! Work… looking forward to it, I really like waitressing. And hopefully some pinot grigio tonight!

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free — August 26, 2011 at 7:37 am

Oh my-adorable phone case! I think I’ll get an iphone so that I can buy that case!

And no, one can never have too many bags. I am a total bag freak-favorite thing to buy. And I use every. single. one of them. They go with different outfits and activities! And of course, we must have different flavors and colors of lip glosses, too, to match our moods!

I am loving…new cookbooks! So much fun and they give me great ideas! And these new ceramic measuring spoons my aunt gave me :D

Paige @ Running Around Normal — August 26, 2011 at 7:43 am

I LOVE that bamboo one. It’s great!
    Right now I’m coveting the gold Mantauk Sperry’s!

Minnooo — August 26, 2011 at 7:49 am

I think I will introduce the wonders of snickers stuffed cookies to my family during our hurricane Irene party Saturday night. We’ll use your store bought dough suggestion to speed along the process, you know, in case we lose power or something :)

Ali @ Urbanfruitbat — August 26, 2011 at 8:07 am

Oh boy! I was totally going to do a things I love post today! I will wait until tomorrow though. Those cameras as so cool! I wish you well in all your toilet scrubbing fun, Wednesday’s are my days for those lovely chores!

Bev Weidner — August 26, 2011 at 8:35 am

a) I LOVE BUFFALO EXCHANGE.

b) I’ve not been to one in years.

c) sad face.

d) weekend: swimming, eating, drinking, friendsing, relaxing, cooking, blogging

e) that’s it!

Alexa @ Simple Eats — August 26, 2011 at 8:43 am

I’ve seriously never seen a cooler Iphone case. That would be on my Friday Faves too!

Katie — August 26, 2011 at 9:11 am

Funny you posted about that iphone case. About 2 weeks ago, I ordered a bamboo iPhone case from a really small, independent vendor. I’m still waiting for it to come in, but I am so excited!! It doesn’t look like a camera though.

Beth — August 26, 2011 at 9:25 am

Weekend plans: travelling with my siblings and their spouses to my aunt’s wedding in Port Hope. Sadly my husband cannot join us as he has to work at the paintball field. This will be my first full weekend off of both jobs (desk job & paintball field) since we opened the paintball field for the season in April.
    Will to packing a “snack bag” with me with lots of home made gluten-free treats to get me through the service centre stops. And of course my travel mug will be in my hot little hands the whole way.

Heather (Where's the Beach) — August 26, 2011 at 9:37 am

Enjoying a weekend out of town. About to go out on the lake and soak up the great weather here (it’s cooler and lower humidity aaaahhhh). Hope you’re having a great day!

Victoria @ The Pursuit of Hippieness — August 26, 2011 at 11:12 am

Buffalo exchange!!! Oh I miss it so much!

Weekend plans are stocking up on emergency supplies and then staying safe from the hurricane… :(

Amber K — August 26, 2011 at 11:26 am

I actually am not sure about my weekend plans. My husband is going to a bachelor party tomorrow night and I haven’t decided if I’m going to hole up at home with a movie or see if anyone is free to do something with.

I would LOVE to have a VitaMix. That’s what I’ve been coveting for…what feels like forever now, lol. I haven’t come across anything to share lately, but I’m hoping I will soon because I need some inspiration.

lee — August 26, 2011 at 11:30 am

There are three things on my faves list right now – that it’s Friday; that I have most of the weekend to plan for myself (as opposed to the past couple of weekends, which have been full of necessary work responsibilities); and that I have discovered (thanks to you) an awesome iPhone case for that unforeseeable moment in the future when I finally cave in and get one.

Happy Friday!! =)

Holly — August 26, 2011 at 11:51 am

I LOVE your pictures! That one with the bee is AWESOME!! :D
    I’m also in love with those camera bags- I had NO idea they even made something like that- how cool! & so true- you can NEVER have too many bags ;) thanks for sharing the link!

marla — August 26, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Love it and want it all now. Especially that wooden camera case. How hip is that!!

janetha — August 26, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I have an Epiphanie bag and used it twice before calling it quits. Function over fashion for me and that bag is just NOT functional. It’s the Lola and I had to take my purse off my shoulder every time I wanted to snag my camera. I like the sling bags much more! Haha not that you asked, but that is my 2 cents.

Anyone wanna buy my bag? ;) jokes

Christine (The Raw Project) — August 26, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Love the iPhone case, I’d consider it – but would probably destroy it in a week. :-) Think I’m due for a thrifting session too.

1. I’m eyeing a new fall/winter vegan purse on Etsy.
    2. Relaxing I hope, but also visiting my grandma more and catching up on chores – not too exciting.

Rebeca — August 26, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Just came across your blog and I love it. I may have to fill in the blank on a Friday Faves. Thanks so much for the ideas. I can’t wait to see what’s next!

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. — August 26, 2011 at 6:15 pm

Wow!! Love all the furniture!!! SO glad I don’t have such cool stores here OR I would be screwed!!!!

Emily @ Comfortable Home Life — August 26, 2011 at 8:32 pm

I want those iPhone cases in the worst way! They were some of the first ones I looked at. I didn’t end up getting one though — not sure how indestructible they are. I went with an otter box. Sigh — functionality usually wins over beauty.

I would love to have a big cushy papasan chair! I might be getting a super cheap one tomorrow — fingers crossed! I’m overdue for some major yard sailing, some swimming and farmer’s market perusing this weekend!

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles — August 27, 2011 at 5:16 am

I would like to have a Vita! Or at least a food processor. I need homemade nut butters and hummus!

Weekend plans: braving the hurricane to visit the bf.

Stephanie Abbott — August 30, 2011 at 1:20 pm

WAIT WHOA! I check in on your blog from time to time…and I love looking back on posts (ie: why this is a late comment) BUT IS THAT SHOPPING CENTER IN HILLCREST?! Do you live in San Diego? I JUUUUST moved here and that shopping center looks really familiar!!