Made Something Good

I am working on my next post and won’t get the recipe for my latest creation from this afternoon posted for awhile.

But seriously, it’s really good.

I just had to post a little teaser picture.

Sugar rush central

The last thing I made that was this sugar-riffic were these bars

White Chocolate Vanilla Marshmallow Cake Bars – 4 Layers

Thanks for the comments on my last post, Overwhelming Satisfaction.  It was nice to know what’s left you overwhelminly satisfied lately.

In addition to what I mentioned in that post, this leaves me overwhelmingly satisfied, too

What have you made lately that’s really good?

You can say tofu and broccoli but I’d be lying if I said that (sugary) desserts will always win on the Making Something Good front for me.  Just sayin’.

Next post will not be quite as sugar-centric.   Close though.

22 Responses to “Made Something Good”

1. Felicia (Natural + Balanced) — August 23, 2011 at 8:58 pm (#

made a supppperr good garden veggie soup :) i know, no sugar. but it had nooch and [almost] everythings good with some noooooch!

2. Kristina @ spabettie — August 23, 2011 at 8:59 pm (#

ha – shatter proof jar, NICE! :D that would be good to have in my kitchen. #klutz

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

they only sell it in plastic here. they changed the packaging a few yrs ago and now it’s just plastic.

3. Alicia — August 23, 2011 at 9:06 pm (#

Yum!!! That teaser looks delicious..so curious as to what you made! I made my first lattice-top blueberry pie today! – That was good!

4. Katie — August 23, 2011 at 9:36 pm (#

I spy grahma cracker cereal, which was my favorite!!! Please tell me that is golden grahams and some marshmallow fluff. Please?

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

girl. yes.

it’s a holy sh*t this is amazing kind of dessert. and is so midwestern roots too. sugar and more sugar :)

5. Ali @ Urbanfruitbat — August 23, 2011 at 9:46 pm (#

Mean Averie, just mean

6. kelli — August 23, 2011 at 10:19 pm (#

Anything with Golden Grahams is a winner in my book! Can’t wait for the recipe! The best thing I ate today were your peanut butter raw cookie balls. Delicious!!!! I made them for lunch with my girl friend tomorrow. I thought they would balance out the kale salad, which was the second best thing I ate! Here is the recipe: http://www.katieleehome.com/blog/?p=2150

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

just left a comment on your post. looks great. the kale chips and the salad.

and glad to hear the PB balls were a hit!

7. mi-an — August 23, 2011 at 10:51 pm (#

I am so into my seaweed salad lately!! it’s the bomb!! you know i’m more of a savory kinda girl! :) however though, the boyfriend’s bf is on thurs and i think i’m gonna bake a chocolate cake (he loves chocolate!). know of any good recipes? thanks momma!

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

well it’s not a cake but you could make it into a sheet cake of sorts but these brownies are the best ones i have EVER had and i am PICKY!!

8. Karen @ She Flies With Her Own Wings — August 23, 2011 at 10:56 pm (#

Oh man!! That delicious sweet mix looks heavenly. It would be so dangerous to have around the house! As much as I love eating healthy foods, sometimes a “healthy dessert” will just not satisfy (either the taste buds or emotions). Good for you for keeping it real and including some extra-sweet desserts! Love it!

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

yes i try NOT to healthify desserts, actually. just enjoy the full fat, full on, version :)

9. Kristin @ STUFT Mama — August 23, 2011 at 11:22 pm (#

I’ve been making a monster size oatmeal cookei everyday that I’m obsessed with. Different day, different nut butter to try in it. ha ha! That teaser picture is cruel. Can’t wait for the recipe. :)

10. Amber Shea @Almost Vegan — August 24, 2011 at 7:15 am (#

I spy white chocolate! Thumbs up!

Speaking of, I spent all day yesterday making homemade vegan white chocolate peanut butter. I jarred it all up and am taking it to Vida Vegan Con this weekend to sell!

11. Minnooo — August 24, 2011 at 8:33 am (#

I made a Mocha Coconut Frappucinish thing last night. It was pretty damn good.

12. Rachel @ the Avid Appetite — August 24, 2011 at 8:39 am (#

Are those Golden Grahams that I spy? I recently made chocolate drizzled cookies with them…oh.my.word. :)

Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) Reply:

Yes they are :)

13. Amber K — August 24, 2011 at 9:56 am (#

Nothing exciting, although I’m making a quinoa salad today for dinner. And that sounds pretty darn delicious right about now. I’m intrigued by the picture! It looks sooo good!

14. Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles — August 24, 2011 at 11:55 am (#

Mmmmm sugar!! As much as I love sugar, I’ve made a couple really delicious comfort food dinners lately. I’ll be sharing soon, but they’re so wonderful now that the feeling of fall is settling in over here in New England :)

15. Christine (The Raw Project) — August 24, 2011 at 3:11 pm (#

Look at the overwhelming amounts of sugar in this post! :-P You are the dessert queen! :-) For me it was the mint chocolate energy balls.