One Day Ahead & Mugs

Why is it only Thursday and not Friday?  I’ve been one day ahead of myself all week this week.  Hate it when that happens.

I think it was because Scott was traveling all week and he got home in the wee hours Thursday morning but normally when he travels he comes home on Friday so in my mind, it was supposed to be Friday today.

So although I’m glad to have him home, I really would have been glad if it were Friday, too.

It finally got warm here!

Well 82F and a touch of humidity in the air

The weather in coastal SoCal is not as “hot” as everyone thinksThat big blue body of water known as the ocean really moderates the temps.

I’ve only had my A/C on once, for an hour, so far this summer.

And later today I will be using my seat heater in my new ride, I’m sure.

I downloaded these free presets for Lightroom and used it on this image

I also added some edge effects from those that come standard with the Lighroom software

Are you picking up on the hot and steamy weather vibe today that’s going on here today from the image?

I use Lightroom for all my photo editing.  Worth every penny and then some.  If you at all think you want it, get it.  You’ll love it.

It’s so hot and steamy that my Vanilla Iced Coffee tasted extra good.  With refills of course.

I love all my reusable water bottles

And reusable coffee mugs

So it’s not like I need more but am digging the lens ones.

I am also digging Vanilla Chocolate Chip Softserve and Dairy-Free Sundaes

No Lightroom on these vintage photos.  Whoa.  But the taste makes up for it.

From my previous post Photography Assignment: Pioneer Park

Thank you for the lovely, touching, and heartfelt comments you left.

I was really moved by the experience and it was my hope to convey both with my photos and in my words in the post just how moved I was by the experience.  Thank you for the feedback you left because it helps keep me inspired.

1. Do you ever get ahead of yourself by one day of the week?  Or behind by a day?

It’s not so bad when you’re behind by a day, i.e. you think it’s only Wednesday but it’s already Thurdsay <– love that

It’s a cruel and evil trick when you think the reverse, i.e. you think it’s already Friday but it’s only Thursday <– don’t love that

I wonder why this happens?  Whatever the cause, I hope to prevent it.

2. Do you use reusable mugs or drink holders for your water, coffee, or other beverages?  Favorite brands/kinds?

I always bring my big pink Klean Kanteen with me where ever I go.  Water in plastic bottles that you purchase is normally just tap water that’s been bottled; it’s overpriced, it tastes like plastic, and it’s wasteful for the environment.  I always bring my own.

Same with coffee.  I rarely go out for coffee.  With my speed chugger capabilities with coffee, if I relied on Starbucks or coffee that I purchased when out, I’d be in the poorhouse!   Therefore, even when I’m at home I drink my coffee in my big green mug (I get more that way!)

I also have to have my coffee mugs be plastic because I reheat them in the microwave because I like really hot coffee and metal and the microwave don’t mix.   Plus, the dishwasher is a beautiful thing and plastic holds up in it.

So although there are tons of adorable reusable mugs out there, many have metal so they are instant no-go’s for me.  Darn.

P.S. Thanks for the entries on the Sweet Treats Giveaway.  Keep the sugar rush entries coming!

35 Responses to “One Day Ahead & Mugs”

Brooke — August 25, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I only use reusable mugs…no matter how back I want to go to Starbucks I will ALWAYS skip it if I don’t have my cup or mug.

Brooke

Estela @ Weekly Bite — August 25, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I’ve been feeling like its Friday all day :)

Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh — August 25, 2011 at 4:11 pm

A lot of times I have NO idea what day it is..I have to google it! :) haha life as a busy mama right? :)
    And how awesome are those camera mugs!! such crazy clever things out these day!

Maris (In Good Taste) — August 25, 2011 at 4:11 pm

You mean it’s not Friday?! The camera lens mugs are a riot!

Jess@HealthyExposures — August 25, 2011 at 4:11 pm

funny; i’ve been one day ahead of myself, too! i think because i had yesterday off from work, so i was all messed up :P
    and those mugs…I have one of the nikon ones! i love how cutesy it is, but it’s actually my least favorite to drink out of because it’s a screw top, has metal and is sort of small. read: really impractical, however cutesy it is :P I LOVE my copco mugs – the hot and the cold ones!

Tomorrow you finally get your friday :] Enjoy it!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — August 25th, 2011 at 5:41 pm

you have the nikon ones? but yes i kinda feared impractical-ness with them b/c of the small size, metal, screw top, etc which is why i didnt order the canon one

Christine (The Raw Project) — August 25, 2011 at 4:17 pm

So true on Thursday, this week is slugging. Very cool on the LR adds, I need to check them out.

1. Yes and it’s mainly wishful thinking during weeks like this.
    2. Yes, mainly Cupco and Klean Kanteen currently.

Kate @ Run with Kate — August 25, 2011 at 4:19 pm

dairy free sundaes!? Tell me more, PLEASE! :) YUM!

I am strangely picky about what I drink out of. It has to be the right size, have the right size hole to drink out of and be made of the right kind of plastic. I just can’t drink out of metal. I am strange, I know. I can’t drink coffee out of plastic so I use a glass travel mug and a plastic water bottle. Hey, we all have our quirks.

:) I wish it were Friday too… we’re almost there!!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — August 25th, 2011 at 5:42 pm

diary free sundaes are linked up to the old post, check it out and enjoy!

and thanks for your comment the other day that you feel the pics on my blog are nicer than on other blogs you read…i meant to reply and tell you how sweet that was so i am now :)

Girl In The Pink — August 25, 2011 at 4:36 pm

I have the same pink kleen kanteen – love it!

I currently have the old version of aperture, but I am thinking of switching to lightroom since it is more compatible with photoshop! I am excited to try it out, but from what I heard it is not too much different than aperture.

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — August 25th, 2011 at 5:43 pm

can’t comment on aperture bc ive never used it but i will say this..MOST professional photographers use a combo of LR and PS. Aperture…not so much from my informal research but again, i dont use it so cant say.

But yes it’s SUPER easy to bridge between LR and PS since they are both Adobe and when editing you can toggle back and forth…I just dont know how to use PS! ha!

Felicia (Natural + Balanced) — August 25, 2011 at 5:22 pm

o my gosh, THANK YOU for posting the link to that site! both my best friend and brother are professional photographers and now i just found the perfect gifts for them in the future!!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — August 25, 2011 at 5:23 pm

You’re making abstaining from lightroom VERY difficult!!!

em @ simplypresent — August 25, 2011 at 5:30 pm

I got a reusable Nikon camera lense mug for my birthday this year. I was pretty confused when I opened up the box because I can a Canon, but then it all made sense. I probably use reusable mugs/storage about 90% of the time.

Erica — August 25, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Right now, I have no idea what day of the week it is! Maternity leave will do that to you ;). Glad the man is finally home. Hate when Josh has to travel. Your pictures are so gorgeous. Please edit mine for me ;) I’m lazy!

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — August 25th, 2011 at 5:46 pm

maternity leave will do a lot for you…days of the week, being in pj’s or “yoga clothes” all day even tho you never actually did any yoga, not showering, i could go on and on. :) the whole first two yrs of skylar’s life were like that!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — August 25, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Ever since I stopped working to stay at home with Meghan, I can’t keep track of the days! The weekdays especially all blur together. It’s a strange thing.

I use stainless steel water bottles. The ones I have are from Starbucks. Don’t really travel with coffee these days. :-)

mi-an — August 25, 2011 at 6:14 pm

whoa that picture is tottally amazing!!!!!

katie @ KatieDid — August 25, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Can’t decide about lightroom! I use picasa and its fine for what I need now… I think in the future I might like lightroom. Is photoshop not worth the investment you think? Does lightroom do layers or more basic editing? And LOVE the mugs!!!

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles — August 25, 2011 at 7:24 pm

The heat is slowly leaving us and heading toward you! It feels almost like fall over here. I love when you post old pictures, it gives me a glimmer of hope for my photography :) Sorry you thought today was Friday! On the bright side, now you get two Fridays :)

blossjoss — August 25, 2011 at 8:32 pm

I’m not working full time so I’ve lost all sense of what day of the week it is. Its nice :) Won’t last long though.

My travel mugs are of the CVS variety. And I have some pretty sweet ceramic mugs from thrift stores. I have a hodgepodge of owl mugs. No chemical leeching in the microwave=an excuse to buy a new mug.

Katie — August 25, 2011 at 8:37 pm

I have been all over the place this week. First I thought it was Monday on Tuesday. Then Tuesday I thought it was Monday. Wednesday was Friday. Today I just had no idea what the crap day it was. I wish it were last week though.

Lorin — August 25, 2011 at 9:53 pm

If you get those coffee cup lenses just make sure you’re not pouring coffee into your actual lenses :P. I would do that if I had lenses.

Kristin @ STUFT Mama — August 25, 2011 at 11:39 pm

I’m addicted to the Starbucks cold travel cups. I have three (and they very rarely leave the house). Oops. :) I am in LOVE with your pictures. I’ve never edited any of mine. I need to take that leap. Where do I start?

Shay — August 26, 2011 at 3:44 am

Love. Those. Lens. Mugs. I officially am drooling over a mug. i never thought it would come to this, but there you have it.

Andrea — August 26, 2011 at 5:02 am

I LOVE my Teavana glass travel mug. It is double walled so it doesn’t get hot to the touch but keeps whatever is inside hot for hrs. It also has a removable tea tray so you can put anything in it! Love your photography!

Peace & light
    Andrea
    Gratitude-ap.blogspot.com

sabina — August 26, 2011 at 8:31 am

Reusable cups and mugs for me all the way! I have a metal thermos one, 1 liter & 500 ml camelback ones, a thermal mug for my tea and a bike bottle. Whew!!!

I work full time and with a busy schedule it i difficult to not remember the day. This only happens no beach vacations. ;-)

Beth — August 26, 2011 at 9:21 am

The only time I get mixed up with days is after a long weekend. Because that is the only time (from April – November) that I get a day off of both jobs.

I have a stainless steel travel mug that I take with me on road trips. Great for green tea, or water. In the winter / colder months, I usually take a stainless steel thermos too. Lots of warm drinks for a longer ride.

Amber K — August 26, 2011 at 11:24 am

I mix up the days every single week. I’m really good Fri-Tues, but for some reason every Wed I think it is Thurs and every Thurs I think it is Fri. I have no idea why! And I’m always bummed when I remember the real days.

I do use reusable water bottles I actually have six that I fill up each night and I take one out whenever I finish off one. That way I can have cold water whenever I want and it helps me keep track of how much water I’m using. Although I have absolutely no idea what kind they are. I have had them for months.

Malea — August 26, 2011 at 1:38 pm

1. Yes, I frequently am off a day, sometimes even two!

2. You actually included a picture of my almost-favorite travel mug. The green one from Starbucks. I love it with one exception…the base is just a touch too large for the cupholder in my car. Sigh… I love my Nalgene water bottles and found really cool spout/spill-less drinking insert thingies that go in the mouth of the large bottles.