Quotes

TGIF!

It’s been a busy week for me! They all are but yesterday I ran around like a crazy woman.

I had my dentist appointment

And thanks for chiming in with your thoughts on if you think there’s a correlation between sugar and cavities

I also did a quick grocery store run to fill in some produce we needed for the weekend

And I picked up a few TJ’s items

I had to re-stock chocolate chips.  I’ve been going through plenty of them.

Snickers Bar Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies required them.

I ran a few other errands

Cleaned my bathrooms

Went to work

And had this little pumpkin on my hands to look after

We were out walking around the neighborhood when I saw this sign:

Love it.  And so true.

After our walk we came in and had a few strawberries

Feel free to pair those berries with homemade Chocolate Coconut Cashew Butter

It’s so good.  Trust me.

Then I was looking through my dessert recipes wondering if there’s anything I haven’t made in awhile that I should make.  With chocolate chips.  Since I have more now.

And these caught my eye

Raw Vegan Almond Butter Cookie Bites
I top them with chocolate chips and butterscotch chips <–but those are not essential and if you want to keep them strictly vegan rather than vegetarian skip the butterscotch chips
The cookies are no-bake and gluten free

From my last post, thanks for the compliments on my being featured on Spry’s site

1. Do you have any favorite Quotes?

I am not really a “quote” person.  Some people can rattle off tons of their favorite quotes from memory.

Or they have quotes written on little pieces of paper and stashed in various places or they have quotes inscribed or written in notebooks, jotted down on scraps of paper, or saved in their email.   <– I am not one of those people.

I do like funny quotes though like this one:

But those aren’t the type of things that one commits to memory.

From memory, one quote that’s more serious and more inspirational that I like is Gandhi’s Be The Change.

I did a post on it and in that post touched on things I know I can change, things I know I can’t change, and some other deeper thoughts.

Do you have any favorite quotes or words you live by?

2. Weekend Plans?

Same as usual for me.  Work, working out, parenting, housewook, cooking, cleaning, the show must go on.

Except right now, I have something fun planned and a fun meetup with a friendToodles.  And a recap to follow.

Have a great weekend!

24 Responses to “Quotes”

Jess @ Keeping It Real Food — August 19, 2011 at 1:36 pm

One of my favorite quotes comes courtesy of Woody Allen: “If you’re not failing every now and then, it’s a sign you’re not doing anything very innovative.”

This weekend I’m planning to have lunch with my mom, and catch up with a few friends, and relax at home with my boyfriend. September’s going to bring a lot of craziness, so I’m trying to soak up as much of summer as I can while it’s still here!

Sweet and Savvy — August 19, 2011 at 1:39 pm

BEST quote ever. I Have a new found respect for Jim Carry!

Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} — August 19, 2011 at 1:40 pm

My favorite quote is “It’s never crowded on the extra mile”. My college track coach gave me a picture with this quote on it when I graduated and I’ve loved it ever since.

This weekend is going to be a relaxing one. Yes!!!

Kris @ spabettie — August 19, 2011 at 2:25 pm

my favorite quote is ‘whatever you focus on gets bigger’

although I do love the be the change quote… I ran a spa that was based on that quote! :D

Victoria @ The Pursuit of Hippieness — August 19, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I love quotes! I like having a mantra and a little wisdom every week to start me off right :)
    My favorite is by Buddha:

“You, yourself, as much as anybody else in the universe, deserve your love and affection.”

I love this reminder that our happiness should begin with the ability to love and accept ourselves.

Moni'sMeals — August 19, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I LOVE Quotes, so so many good ones! Just now one popped into my head…
    “Happiness comes when you overcome the most impossible challenge” so very true too. :)

mi-an — August 19, 2011 at 3:37 pm

i’m a quote person! my ultimate fave is the one by the great gandhi as well “be the change you wish to see in the world” — people complain so much about this and that, then do something about it!

i also like a lot of Dr. Seuss’ quotes! :)) i loved his books when i was a kid and now that i’m an adult, i didn’t realize then his quotes mean so much!
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”
    — Dr. Seuss

happy friday averie!

Brooke — August 19, 2011 at 3:47 pm

“I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.”
    — Maya Angelou

Brooke

Christine (The Raw Project) — August 19, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Busy lady! That’s the story of my life this week too. Yum, so many great dessert recipes here!

1. Yes, hard to narrow them down because I find ones I like daily.
    2. Not much, visiting my grandma again and catching up on chores – boo!

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles — August 19, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Funny quote! I’m not really a quote person. I always think they’re great when I hear them, but I never remember or write them down. The most memorable, oft spoken by my roommate, “Do what you love, love what you do.” I think it’s fitting :)

SLEEPING IN tomorrow, then heading out for a weekend with the boy! Enjoy your weekend!

Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel — August 19, 2011 at 5:13 pm

lol i love how even next to the greens.. chocolate chips still look madly scrumptious! “chocolate covered snap peas anyone??” hehe

most of my quotes are random ones i pull to given the inspiration i need for a particular day, moment, or feeling. one i have likened recently is…

“Just show up. If you just show up, things move forward” – Dr. Drew (Celebrity Rehab) <– lol

xoxo <3

cathy — August 19, 2011 at 5:15 pm

i love motivational quotes. i just can rarely think of them off the top of my head! one just popped to mind: “life is not a dress rehearsal.” that’s a good one, imo. also the one about how the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.
    glad you got a lot accomplished! and enjoy the meetup – great way to end a busy week!

Katie — August 19, 2011 at 5:46 pm

“be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind”
    -Dr. Seuss

By the way, I made your raw vegan cookie dough balls and I added white chocolate chips with the dark chocolate chips. They were divine :)

katie @ KatieDid — August 19, 2011 at 6:36 pm

I do have one favorite quote for right now in my life… “Somewhere along the line we seem to have confused comfort with happiness.”- Dean Karnazes. This one reminds me to keep pushing out of my comfort zone, pursuing goals, taking risks… I do like quotes, they allow me to look at experiences or life a little differently even if just for a minute or two.

• Ula replied: — August 24th, 2011 at 1:44 pm

I LOVE that quote. First time hearing it. Really great.

Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) — August 19, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Loveee quotes! they really boost my day and ways of thinking! my fav is ‘if you think u can do a thing or you think you cant do a thing, either way you’re right’

Katie — August 19, 2011 at 7:12 pm

My favorite quotation (quote is a verb, sayeth the grammer nazi…. :D ) is from Anais Nin – “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.”

I’ve got a bookmark with that on it and my mom got me a digital clock/calendar for my desk at work with that engraved on it.

I think TJs needs to start selling bigger bags of chocolate chips!

Michaela — August 19, 2011 at 7:35 pm

love this quote! hilarious, yet true!
    I do know a couple of quotes, but only bc I feel they seem fitting to my life, not bc I feel I need to throw a quote into a conversation from time to time…

Ali @ Urbanfruitbat — August 19, 2011 at 10:44 pm

I am for sure not a quote person either. I like them every now and then, but I for sure do not have any memorized. As for the weekend, working tomorrow, then tonnes of time with My Love on Sunday! Happy weekend girl!

Paula (Teen Baker) — August 20, 2011 at 4:01 am

Mmm, raw cookies… I’m definitely going to have to make those little almond bites one day! And the chocolate syrup looks wonderful. Love your recipes!

dragonmamma/naomi — August 20, 2011 at 5:32 am

Even though it’s a commercial I love the “Just do it.” line. I’m always telling people that when they ask me how to get into an exercise habit. I’ve been telling people that all week long to get them to meet me this morning at Bailey Field at Santa Rosa Jr. College for bootcamp. Think of me at 7:30am when I’m out there sprinting and push-upping my lungs out!

Amber K — August 20, 2011 at 10:58 am

I love reading quotes, especially funny ones. But I can never remember them. I especially hate it when someone asks me what my favorite quote is, because my mind then completely blanks, every time!

Krista — August 22, 2011 at 6:04 am

I love that quote! I love reading quotes but often don’t remember them…