San Diego Bound

Food and Light has been great!

Here are a few Instagram highlights

Chocolate Mousse

And cupcake highlights

I’m glad you enjoyed my last post and Diane’s Photography Tips.

Don’t forget to enter the Healthy Cookie & Brownie Giveaway

Have a great evening!  Time for me to board!

1. What has made you smile today?

Being at Food & Light has been wonderful and has made me smile.

But knowing I am going to see this little girl really makes me smile!

2. What have you learned recently?

Everything I’ve learned at Food & Light has been awesome.

And I’ve (re)learned that I love my family and San Diego and that’s where my heart is.

See you from San Diego!

23 Responses to “San Diego Bound”

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — August 3, 2011 at 5:11 pm

I still can’t get over those cupcake photos. They are incredible!

VeggieGirl — August 3, 2011 at 5:12 pm

You have such an amazing smile! Every photo, seriously.

1.) My boundless energy, which I did not have before.

2.) Still have a long ways to go with being less rigid and more flexible with my schedule/food, but I’m doing much better these days.

Heather (Where's the Beach) — August 3, 2011 at 5:13 pm

The fruit looks incredible. Honestly, it’s been a long day, hard to smile. I did get a few giggles during spin class at least. And knowing how happy you must be to see that cute kiddo makes me smile ;-)

Naomi(onefitfoodie) — August 3, 2011 at 5:45 pm

i have learned that you HAVE to follow and do what you love…seriously…there is no point in making money at a job where you are miserable…GO AFTER IT!

oh I adore your pictures averie!!

Holly @ The Runny Egg — August 3, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Have a safe trip home!

What have I learned recently — you need to be patient and put in hard work to get anything worthwhile done.

Suzanne — August 3, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Photos are phenomenal! I know that sweet baby of yours is ready to squeeze her mama! I have learned I need to keep working with my camera!

Katie — August 3, 2011 at 6:19 pm

In this short post with very few words, your smile says it all! I can tell you had such an amazing time! You are glowing in that first picture!! Oh to be a fly on the wall when you see Skylar again!

Are there settings for iphone camera photos? Mine always seem super grainy, like I am shooting at low settings or something.

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — August 4th, 2011 at 3:23 am

No settings. Just hold it still, very still, set up your shot, and be really deliberate in shooting. You cannot MOVE at all. Or you will get the grainy. Also lighting is key. And then running it thru lightroom defi helps.

Brooke — August 3, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Today I am smiling because I got to spend my evening with two cute kiddo’s! I babysit sometimes after work to earn a little extra $.

Brooke

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles — August 3, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Love your photos, such an inspiration! I tried to incorporate some of your notes today. Today, the sunshine and the quiet lakeside lunch made me smile! And recently I’ve learned that the people we love don’t deserve to be the brunt of our frustrations and it’s time for me to overlook the small stuff and get back to being the upbeat, positive girl I’m supposed to be :)

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews — August 3, 2011 at 6:31 pm

That fruit looks amazing! And by the way, I can definitely see a huge improvement in your photography. Keep up the great work.

Kristen, Sweetly — August 3, 2011 at 6:34 pm

i guess it’s not new information, but i’ve really been learning i need to give in and go with the flow. a friend of mine said something about how i’m on my path, and i just won’t get to know where it ends up. and everything will be alright. :-) it was one of those perfect, calming, soul-hugging conversations. it’s also what’s kept me smiling… partly.

Kate @ Iron Nourishment — August 3, 2011 at 7:59 pm

I’m in awe! These pictures are absolutely beautiful. I need to get away from my awful iphone pictures and read the tips you posted!! Have a safe trip home.

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. — August 3, 2011 at 8:28 pm

What are your favorite food & light & food photography books??

Marla — August 3, 2011 at 8:32 pm

My mountains made me smile today :)

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — August 4th, 2011 at 3:21 am

Thanks for catching up on all my posts. One day we need to do a trip together.

But for now…we both need to just STAY PUT at home :)

Tasha @ Voracious Eats — August 3, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Hellloooo from London Averie! I love that we are both having adventures this week! Your photos are seriously always my favorite. You capture shots that are each so vibrant and colorful. You can evoke so much emotion, even just taking pictures of food. Talent, lady!!!

Ali @ Urbanfruitbat — August 3, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Your photos looks stunning! Those cup cakes look just beautiful! I wish you a safe trip home!

Maris (In Good Taste) — August 4, 2011 at 1:22 am

Amazing photos! Great to get away but even better to get back home!

Kristen @ The Red Velvet Life — August 4, 2011 at 11:55 am

Such beautiful photos, Avery! You and your daughter are just so adorable. :) I was just in your town this past weekend celebrating our three year anniversary, and I have to say — I LOVE San Diego. What a wonderful place you call home :)

Christine (The Raw Project) — August 4, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Great highlights, glad you enjoyed the trip.

1. Looking forward to an upcoming road trip.
    2. New stuff for work and new software at home.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — August 6, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Today I smiled at the sight of my friends set up for her backyard French lunch. It was so pretty!