Meetup & Snacks

Tuesday afternoon I met up with my friend, Marla

We met at our usual spot

Our kids were in school and we both carved out a little window of our day to connect

It had been awhile since we last saw each otherToo long!

We had 90 minutes of girl talk and non-stop gabbing

And it was fabulous

Fall and pumpkin themes are in full force at Starbucks as I suspected

But I did not partake in a pumpkin spice latte from ‘Bucks when I knew I had my own recipe for homemade pumpkin spice lattes

Thanks for the compliments on these from my last post and it was fun to hear just how big of pumpkin fans you really are!  I hope I’ve convinced you to try the homemade lattes.

At Starbucks yesterday, I noticed these cool water bottles

I am a big fan of my Starbucks reusable mug and my KK but I don’t really need another reusable bottle

But I like the graphics and mermaid on these

They also had their Anniversary Blend coffee out in full force

I’ve had it in the past and it’s one of my favorite blends of theirs, but considering I have two new bags of Godiva coffee and the TJ’s coffee find earlier in the week, I think I’m set.

For a little while at least.

After leaving my meetup with Marla and driving home, it was errand time and then a nice run outside

If this is “fall”, it can stay fall for awhile: Sunny, 73F, no bugs and no humidity, a light breeze

Last night I also was hard at work editing pumpkin spiced latte pictures because I really wanted to hit Publish asap on that post!

When I’m working at my computer, I like to munch on a bowl of popcorn (with coconut oil, nooch, stevia, & cinnamon)

I love crunchy food so sugar snap peas + “Spicy Doritos” Cheezy Dip is always good

I also like to nurse a cup or two of coffee at my desk.  Depending on the hour of day dictates how many cups I nurse.

And who am I kidding…

I went to town of a few of the No Bake Peanut Butter Biscoff Cookie Dough Bites

Something chocolatey or peanut buttery is almost mandatory snack food for me

1. When was the last time you met up with a friend?

Some of you who are still in school probably see your friends daily.

But for moms, working moms, or those of you in the workforce, it seems that once you leave school, it gets trickier and trickier to connect with your friends.

But for me, it’s worth every amount of effort, planning, driving, and schedule juggling to have one-on-one time with your real-life friends.

I left my meetup with Marla, as I always do, feeling alive, happy, and recharged!

2. When you’re working at your computer, are you a snacker?  What do you snack on?

I like to have something to munch on but sometimes I make a mess so fresh fruit, veggies, or things that are easy are what I go for.  Plus, they’re healthier which is nice.

Or I’ll make a Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter and Oat Snack Bar

I am also a fan of Tootsie Pops at my desk because at least they’re not messy

My camera has cocoa powder or peanut butter all over it most days from all the food pics I take with it.  I really try to keep my computer clean.

I have a Fast, Easy, & Healthy Snack Ideas post, too.

P.S. The $50 Whole Foods Gift Card Giveaway ends Friday.   Enter if you haven’t already!

35 Responses to “Meetup & Snacks”

Cait @ Cait hates Cake — September 14, 2011 at 2:10 pm

I don’t really let myself snack during the work day (it would be trouble – my computer is 5 feet from my kitchen!). I do snack at night, though. I eat dinner fairly early and probably have 2 different snacks before bed. Gotta have salty and sweet!

Nikki — September 14, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I typically snack on apples, grapes, almonds, or pretzels. All of which I am addicted to!

Alicia @ bakeaholic — September 14, 2011 at 2:25 pm

looks like a fun afternoon! A friend and I are getting together for lunch next weekend after not seeing eachother or talking really for three years!

Melissa — September 14, 2011 at 2:28 pm

How do you get your dip to be so creamy … when I follow your recipe mine is really thick … more like a pate than a dip.

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — September 14th, 2011 at 3:37 pm

blend it in the Vita…that’s it!

• Melissa replied: — September 15th, 2011 at 8:03 am

Must save … :(

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — September 15th, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Or just add a splash of water or nut milk. Thin it out a smidge and blend really well in whatever food proc you’re using.

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles — September 14, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Glad you got to meet up with Marla! My college and high schol friends are spread far and wide, so I don’t meet up with them as often as I’d like. And this past weekend I didn’t even meet up with the boyfriend! I snack like it’s my job. I kind of wish it could be!!

Brooke — September 14, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I am definitely a snacker! I have to portion out my snacks and not go get more when I’m done. If you have me a bag of chips they’d be GONE in less than an hour!

Brooke

Aggie — September 14, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Love this post and seeing you and Marla :) I’m with you…I like crunchy snacks. :)

Actually had some good friend time on Saturday…needed it!

Holly @ The Runny Egg — September 14, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Meeting up with a friend is always so nice! There are a few friends I see every couple of weeks or so but that is about it! My sisters are probably my closest friends and I talk to them/facebook with them almost every day.

I’m always snacking — fruit, veggies, granola bars, bowls of cereal, kettlecorn, etc.

Tracy @ Commit to Fit — September 14, 2011 at 3:27 pm

I love the look of that pumpkin latte. Must make it ASAP!

sarah@spinach and spice — September 14, 2011 at 3:56 pm

those cookie dough bites look so good right now :)
    As does the pumpkin spice latte! Love friends and reunions :)

Christine — September 14, 2011 at 4:11 pm

I saw those new Sbux containers the other morning. Love the Siren on the front. Almost bought me one.
    But I wanted to tell you that your pumpkin spiced latte pictures…fantastic. Just need smell-o-vision and tasting possibilities thru the screen. ;)

katie @ KatieDid — September 14, 2011 at 4:55 pm

I fall under the still in school category and see my friends as soon as I wake up in the morning. I know it won’t be like this forever though, so I’m definitely relishing in this last year. Who knows who I will live with, or where after this!
    I’m a night time snacker. I always snack late.. usually yogurt, berries, and PB or rice cakes and pb, or good old tortilla chips for a salty fix.

Anna @ On Anna's Plate — September 14, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Oooh, I’m jealous of your weather!! We’re still in the eighties and even nineties here!!

cathy — September 14, 2011 at 6:34 pm

yea for meet-ups with great friends! glad you got some chitchat time together. funny how we have to really make an effort to meet with friends, we’re all so busy.
    i am meeting my very first best friend – we met when she was 3 and i was 2 – tomorrow at a local coffee shop – can’t wait!
    love that mermaid graphic!! you need to buy the water bottle!!! :)

Christine (The Raw Project) — September 14, 2011 at 6:41 pm

What a great get together, how fun! Glad you got some girl time.

Totally looking forward to the fall weather, finally below the 100s here! :-)

1. Too long, but I’ve been spending time with family a lot lately.
    2. Not really, greasy keyboards freak me out. :-)

Natasha — September 14, 2011 at 6:44 pm

I just tried your PSL recipe– awesome! I did it with decaf coffee and am thinking it would be great with hot chocolate too. I made double batch and stored in a jar in fridge. Thanks for that tip too.your recipes rock!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — September 14th, 2011 at 6:48 pm

thanks for LMK you tried it and liked it!! :) and the make ahead /double batch part too!

Ali @ Urbanfruitbat — September 14, 2011 at 9:34 pm

It sounds like you had a lovely day. What grade is Skylar in? She looks so little to be in school! I LIVE to go out for coffee (tea for me!) I go out every opportunity I can. Starbucks is a place of comfort for me that is un-surpassed. I am not much of a snacker, but I do eat me dinners at the computer!

Maris (In Good Taste) — September 14, 2011 at 9:53 pm

You and Marla look beautiful! Love those photos and wish I lived closer to have coffee with you both!

Amber K — September 15, 2011 at 10:02 am

Wow, it really has been too long. I usually see my best friend every Friday night, but she was sick last week so I haven’t seen her in almost two weeks. And it feels so odd! We used to work together so we’d see each other at least four times a week and to go that long without her is just…strange!

I’m not really a snacker, but I do eat breakfast with my computer quite often. So I’m usually eating an apple and oatmeal. Nothing too messy.

Anna @ The Guiltless Life — September 15, 2011 at 10:40 am

Starbucks’ displays can be so tempting. Sometimes you buy things you don’t even need just because they display them so darn nicely! My best friend lives in a city about 30-40 minutes (driving) east of mine. In a week’s time I’m moving even further west of her (just about another 10 minutes driving) so we don’t get to see each other as often as we’d like. Once a week is ideal but doesn’t always happen. But friend time is SO important, so we always bbm if we can’t meet up for a while. Any time is good time!

Kathy — September 15, 2011 at 12:09 pm

I wanted to tell you how much I love your blog.you really inspire me, I love all the awesome deserts. And all ur dishes. I bave been wanting to start my own blog, for fun,working on it…but keep it all coming..u really have helped me look at life with rose petal eyes instead of cloud over my head…so thank you..so much.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — September 21, 2011 at 4:22 pm

I rarely snack when I am working at my computer. I hate multi-tasking when I don’t have to.