Here’s my Sunday Stuff. A random list of life, thoughts, and pictures from today
1. Sunflowers spotted
2. Betsey Johnson spotted
Love her stuff! I wore a hot pink and purple Betsey Johsnon dressing to my wedding 10 years ago and would do it again in a heartbeat!
3. I got excited over two new-to-me brands of edamame
Hard to believe that the brand of a plant matters in terms of taste.
Some edamame is sweeter, some is “mealier”, some is mushier, firmer, has a tougher “skin” or shell on it; lots of variables.
Yes, I am quite the connoisseur.
Great source of plant-based protein
I don’t eat it for the protein, though. I eat it because I like the way it tastes.
Especially dipped in this
4. I woke up with a kink in my neck that has been bothering me all day. No matter what stretches I do, neck twists, self neck-massages I try to do, it’s still there. Annoying little bugger.
5. I’ve been thinking about getting a new Macbook and selling this one that I bought (used) last year
One issue is that the screen seems so small (13 inches) compared to the big workhorse iMac desktop and I have a hard time clearly making out the photos that I’m editing and working on. So it feels like I am taking stabs in the dark and working somewhat blindly. But I can live with that. Kind of.
The big, huge, un-liveable issue is the slowness. Like molasses.
And the spinning pinwheel of death.
Beach ballin’ was never so un-enjoyable.
Mac users, you all know that pinwheel. Where everything freezes up, won’t work, “application not responding” and you have to close eveyrthing, re-open it, pray it doesn’t happen again, and then it happens again. Yep, that.
I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the Macbook Pros
It doesn’t have to be new. I am fine with buying a year-old one on Craiglist or Ebay like I did before but now I know that speed is key whereas last year, I wasn’t editing as many photos with as many resource-hog programs running all at once.
I just need to know it will be faster than my existing Macbook
Any Macbook thoughts?
6. I have a dessert recipe coming next that involves white chocolate
In the meantime, I am off to grab a few White Chocolate & Mango Cookie Dough Bites from the freezer
1. What’s some of your Sunday Stuff?
2. Do you find it interesting that the brand of a plant matters?
And the brand is a reflection on the farm or region where the plant grows.
It reinforces that there is variation in all crops. Some of it is natural variation; and some of it man-made, created or engineered, i.e. GMO’ed.
For example, tomatoes from some farms are firmer with thinner skins. Peaches from certain regions are sweeter. Grapes and apples are crunchier depending on where they were grown and how. This Fuji apple from Farm A doesn’t taste like that Fuji apple from Farm B, even though they may both be local, organic, and Fuji’s. Not trying to geek out, but I do like thinking about these things.
3. Any thoughts on Macbooks? Your experiences, what you own, what you wish you owned, what you do or don’t like about your Macbook, etc.
Have a great wrap up to your weekend!