White Chocolate Cookies & Cream Fudge

Some people may say that it’s a little early for Holiday Baking

And normally I think of fudge as a pre-Christmas season delicacy.

But I’ve determined that fudge is pretty much amazing year round.

Today is the day for the Secret Recipe Club reveal

I was assigned the blog Fake Ginger

Amanda at Fake Ginger has so many amazing recipes!

But when I saw her fudge: white chocolate, no candy thermometer required, no bake, and just a few ingredients

I decided to use her recipe as my template and tweaked things from there.

[print_this]

White Chocolate Cookies & Cream Fudge (adapted from Amanda of Fake Ginger’s Recipe)

2 1/4 c white chocolate chips

+ 1/2 c white chocolate chips, reserved (or any kind of chocolate chips)

1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk

3 c Oreo cookies, chopped

+ reserve 1-2 tbsp Oreo crumbs for dusting the top layer of the fudge

1 tbsp vanilla extract (reduce a bit if you’re not a fiend like I am)

Directions:

Combine 2 1/4 c white chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk and melt over low heat in a saucepan taking care to stir frequently and watch it so the mixture doesn’t burn (you could also probably do this in the microwave but I haven’t tried it).  When mixture is melted and smooth, add vanilla extract.  Then add the chopped Oreo cookies and stir.  Pour mixture into 9 x 9 foil-lined or parchment-lined pan.  Then lightly press 1/2 c white (or regular/dark) chocolate chips into the top layer.  The fudge will start to set up fairly fast and just press the chocolate chips in lightly.  Dust top layer with 1-2 tbsp Oreo crumbs if desired.  Place fudge in freezer for at least two hours to fully set up.  Remove from freezer, slice, and serve at room temperature.   Store extra in the freezer or fridge and it will likely keep for month(s).  It will keep for much longer than you’ll be able to keep it around.

Notes:

Don’t overchop your Oreos if you want really white fudge.  I believe I made my Oreos too small/too many crumbs and the overall fudge mixture turned more gray rather than bright white chocolate with chocolate Oreo pieces in it.  If you use too many crumbs/too small of Oreo bits it will turn your really white chocolate into a more gray fudge.  It all tastes the same, but this is just a visual tip that I can pass on if you care about the visual.

To make this vegan, use vegan white chocolate and Oreos are already vegan.  Use full fat coconut milk sweetened with agave in place of the sweetened condensed milk

To make this gluten free, use GF cookies and read the labels if you are extremely gluten sensitive on all other ingredients.

I cannot speak to the final outcome of this fudge if you use the vegan/GF options since I have not personally tested them but am providing a starting place and ideas of how you may want to proceed.

[/print_this]

A Visual Guide

Add the white chocolate chips + can of sweetened condensed milk

Melt them + add the vanilla extract

Take the chopped Oreos & add them to the melted white chocolate mixture (I just squeezed them with my hands but you can use a food processor or Vita but didn’t want to dirty anything extra)

Press mixture into a foil-lined & sprayed pan and then lightly press in the 1/2 c reserved unmelted white chocolate chips (or regular chocolate chips) & dust the top with reserved Oreo crumbs

Freeze for at least 2 hours

Slice & Serve

I store this fudge in the freezer and it never gets rock solid

Probably because of the sweetened condensed milk in the recipe

At room temperature in a warm house (78F+), it softens and gets slightly melty around the edges

Then again, it may be because I took these pictures when it was 100F outside in San Diego during The Scorcher which is contributing to a little meltiness.  Now that the temperature has dropped, no melting has occurred.

They say chocolate is good for the soul.

This stuff has been great for my soul.

Taste-wise this fudge is amazingly similar to a Hershey’s Cookies & Cream bar

But better because the vanilla in the recipe is quite pronounced and it gives the fudge a wonderful, vanilla-enhanced flavor that the Hershey bars lack entirely.

Plus, the finished fudge it’s still soft like fudge, rather than snappy-crunchy like a chocolate candy bar

Plus anything with nearly a whole container of Oreos is destined to be “pretty good”.  Ahem.

I used Fudgee Oreos rather than Original but it doesn’t matter.

There’s so much creaminess and sweetness going on in this fudge to really notice the type of Oreos used.

If you are like me and don’t really enjoy making candy or fudge because you don’t like using a candy thermometer and being that precise about your recipes, then this fudge is for you.

Or maybe these other fudge options are for you.  Candy thermometer not required for any of them:

Vegan Fudge (10 Minute No-Bake Recipe, Gluten/Soy/Tree-Nut Free)

Raw Vegan Girl Scout “Thin Mint”-Inspired Fudge

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge (3 Minutes, Microwave-Friendly)

And if you are a white chocolate person, see my White Chocolate Dessert Recipes compilation post

1. Do you like fudge?  Ever tried white chocolate fudge?

2. Are you looking forward to Christmas/Holiday baking season?

I used to not be that into pumpkin desserts and pumpkin-flavored items but that has changed.  Homemade Pumpkin Spice Lattes have been consumed in massive amounts in recent weeks.

But Christmas cookies, caramels, fudges, barks, rich brownies, amazing cakes, those only-make-it-once-a-year items…

Oh, that’s the stuff that I am really looking forward to.  12 Days & Desserts of Christmas, come to mama.

But til then, this fudge was perfect and easy.  To be enjoyed any time of the year rather than waiting for the holidays, if I do say so.

Have a great week!

101 Responses to “White Chocolate Cookies & Cream Fudge”

Kathryn — September 19, 2011 at 1:30 am

What a great recipe! I don’t often make my own fudge because it’s a bit of a hassle and there’s so much that can go wrong but this looks super easy and delicious. I absolutely love those Hershey’s Cookies and Cream bars so I’m going to be making this as soon as I possibly can.

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — September 19th, 2011 at 2:01 am

thank you for pinning this!

I just added that little “Pin It” button and it looks like you found it…yay!

“I don’t often make my own fudge because it’s a bit of a hassle and there’s so much that can go wrong” <– YES i know!!! Which is why I dont either but trust me, it’s easy. And if you love those Hershey Bars, make this!

Sara — September 19, 2011 at 1:38 am

I love anything that is sweet and with ‘fudge’ texture. That cookies and cream fudge? I am SO making that on Friday (baking night).

I mention the texture thing because I stumbled upon an older post of yours where you described so well the type of dessert that you like in terms of taste and texture. I had an epiphany. I was all ‘oh my gosh, that’s what I like too!’, I had thought of myself as having a dessert personality before, but now I understand myself just a little bit better (thanks x). I love a mud cake, but it has to be really dense, so that it has a bit of solidity to it, not ‘spongy’. From now on, your blog will be my main source for dessert recipes; I know I can trust you to post recipes that satisfy my soul. ;)

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — September 19th, 2011 at 2:02 am

you are so kind with your comment and compliments :)

texture is huge! I am working on a recipe post write now (pre-writing some things and am trying to convey texture b/c that’s as important as taste for me!)

Kristin @ STUFT Mama — September 19, 2011 at 1:47 am

Averie- I really need to sto reading your blog right before I go to bed. These look amazing and now I’m going to be thinking about them while I try to go to sleep. ha ha ha! I have never tried white chocolate fudge, but I love white chocolate. :)
    Yes, we need a SD blogger shopping meet-up soon! :)

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — September 19th, 2011 at 2:03 am

yes, a meetup soon, for sure!

and I hope you do make this. After you go to bed of course. Get some sleep mama!

VeggieGirl — September 19, 2011 at 2:05 am

OH. MY. DEAR. HEAVENS. White chocolate fudge = amazing.

cathy — September 19, 2011 at 3:04 am

awesome recipe, averie! my grandpa used to make homemade fudge at christmas – yours looks way better!
    we, too, have a whole list of recipes that ONLY get made at xmas. i love that tradition!
    enjoy your heat wave…we had a nice weekend, but the overnight temps are COLD!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — September 19th, 2011 at 3:57 am

well the heat wave is long gone..it’s chilly here, for so cal. seasonal, but ya know, it’s chilly by my standards!

Jess — September 19, 2011 at 3:21 am

I’m not a fudge fan at all – but these are so dang photogenic I want to make them just for the hell of it! haha. Besides, I do love the cookies n’ cream flavor :)
    I have recipes that are, in my mind, for christmas only, too. Those coconut balls, for one! Nothing about them makes them inhernetly christmas-y, though…

lindsay — September 19, 2011 at 3:54 am

these better make it to food gawker! I love cookies n’ cream but haven’t had it in years because of gluten. I can make these with GF oreos. But I am sure the real thing tastes even better.

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance — September 19, 2011 at 4:06 am

This looks AWESOME, Averie! I’m a huge cookie and cream fan, so the idea that I can make this gluten free has me sold.

I’ve never officially tried white chocolate fudge, but I can only imagine how divine it must be :D

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — September 19, 2011 at 4:24 am

I’m not normally a fudge person (too rich), but those chunks of Oreo had my drooling! This looks so good!

Holly @ The Runny Egg — September 19, 2011 at 4:30 am

Averie this looks amazing!!! Seriously my favorite candy bar (other than Snickers!) are those cookies and cream bars. I could totally eat them by the boat load. I need to make this fudge.

I am super excited for holiday baking — I love when coworkers bring stuff in and I love baking for other people. I’ve already started making my list of what I want to make (and this is for sure making the list!)

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope — September 19, 2011 at 4:33 am

I LOVE white chocolate, but I don’t think I’ve ever tried white chocolate fudge. Looks so good! Although I hate the weather that comes with it, I do look forward to the holidays and the fun that comes with it. :)

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — September 19th, 2011 at 4:43 am

you and i are both no stranger to COLD winters and holidays (well, my former life!)

Erica — September 19, 2011 at 4:39 am

No thermometer no bake??? Fantastic. Ive never seen those oreos before. Great src pick!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — September 19th, 2011 at 4:41 am

long story short on those…I brought them back from Aruba! Rather than leaving them there, I threw them in my suitcase, carried them back, forgot about them til just the other week…and voila, they became this recipe. Who knows if they’re even available in the US?

Claire @ Un Bello Aperitivo — September 19, 2011 at 4:41 am

Wooooooow. This looks delicious. Also very, very sweet, but I’m sure I can get past that. ;-)

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — September 19th, 2011 at 4:42 am

Believe it or not, it’s not as shocking as you’d think. Yes, it’s sweet but somehow the darkness of the oreos tempers it. And the vanilla is pronounced!

kelly — September 19, 2011 at 4:52 am

This looks mind-blowing delicious!! I see myself making this in the very near future. Oh, question…do you know if a non-hydrogenated white chocolate chip exist? I rarely get them because I have always thought the white chocolate has the hydrogenated oils in it. Hopefully i’m wrong because I MUST make these. Thanks for the recipe!!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — September 19th, 2011 at 4:54 am

see the link i posted to the white chocolate in the post and then if that’s not what you want, i’d say google if your best friend :)

katie @ KatieDid — September 19, 2011 at 5:05 am

fudge seems like it would be so difficult to make, but I guess not! This looks so luxurious and rich and delicious : )

Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes — September 19, 2011 at 5:08 am

These look so dense and heavenly! YUM!

Jenny @ Simply Be...me — September 19, 2011 at 5:16 am

I love, love, love white chocolate!! I will be making this fudge ASAP and think it will make a great addition to my holiday baking :)

Katie — September 19, 2011 at 5:20 am

I’ve only ever seen fudge recipes that look like this – condensed milk and melted chocolate, but i never make them. I know you are going to be surprised and I can hear your response already, but fudge is too sweet for me. I like a little and then I am over it.

Heather (Where's the Beach) — September 19, 2011 at 5:22 am

YAY for white chocolate. I think it get overlooked.

Tania @ Health Macadamia — September 19, 2011 at 5:25 am

I think you had a post a good few months ago about vegan (but expensive!) white chocolate. Am I out of my mind? I tried to dig for it but gave up, assuming it was just not enough coffee yet on a Monday morning ;).

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — September 19, 2011 at 6:19 am

I used to love those cookies and cream bars! When I saw the first picture I instanly thought of them. Way to go, they look delicious. I like the way you stacked them up. Stacking anything is a challenge for me. It ALWAYS falls over!!

Mariel — September 19, 2011 at 6:20 am

this looks amazing!!! i made frosted cookie dough fudge once on myblog! :-)

Bev Weidner — September 19, 2011 at 6:23 am

I could unhinge my haw and inhale, like, 329 of those.

omg.

Christine (The Raw Project) — September 19, 2011 at 6:23 am

These look amazing, awesome job!

1. Sure, not as much as dark chocolate.
    2. Yes, I’m actually hoping to get creative with raw recipes. :-)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — September 19, 2011 at 6:41 am

These look amazing Avery! I love fudge. Every year when we go to the beach, the fudge shop is first on my list of to-do’s. I’ve never tried making it myself, but if these require no thermometers or fancy candy equipment, I’m game! I’m just not a white chocolate fan so I think there will be some tweaking ;)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — September 19, 2011 at 6:43 am

OMG, please don’t hate me for spelling your name wrong. I’m still finishing my Monday am coffee!!

ButterYum — September 19, 2011 at 7:07 am

Excellent photos – I pinned this post. One small issue I had with your post – the SRC links below your post are for the month of August?

Ariffa — September 19, 2011 at 7:30 am

you wonderful person, you.
    I used to have those Hershey cookies n cream bars for lunch in all through Junior high school!

Kristen — September 19, 2011 at 7:33 am

I have a son who simply adores those Hershey cookies n cream bars, so I am going to have to try this fudge as a treat for him. Won’t he be surprised!

danielle — September 19, 2011 at 7:48 am

This sounds too good. I may need to add it to my holiday baking list this year.

heather @ http://itsyummytomytummy.blogspot.com/ — September 19, 2011 at 7:55 am

hmm, fudge is such a treat. Might have to make a batch of this to kick off the fall festival time of year! have fun with all of our friends’ SRC posts! Check out my SRC post as well!

amanda @ fake ginger — September 19, 2011 at 8:17 am

Yay, I’m so excited that you had my blog! The fudge looks aaaamazing! :)

Miz Helen — September 19, 2011 at 9:44 am

This looks like a great recipe. It is fun cooking with you in the SRC. Hope you are having a great day and thanks for sharing!
    Miz Helen

Anna @ On Anna's Plate — September 19, 2011 at 9:59 am

You know, I LOVE those Hershey’s cookies and cream candy bars…these would seriously be gone in about .6 seconds in my house :-)

And it’s NEVER too early for holiday baking :-)

Amber K — September 19, 2011 at 10:05 am

White chocolate fudge is the best. These look amazing; I need to find some good GF cookies! When I went gluten-free one of the first things I missed was cookies & cream ice cream. The Hershey’s cookies & cream bar was exactly what I thought of when I saw your first fudge picture. Cookies & cream = the best!

I love baking/ candy-making anytime, I never have the patience to wait until a particular holiday.

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — September 19th, 2011 at 12:36 pm

You can use any GF cookie that you know and like. There are imitation Oreos, or try things by the Enjoy Life brand or just google or poke around the market.

Your last question, re edamame…yes, try another brand!

Erin @ Making Memories — September 19, 2011 at 11:05 am

Holy heck! This looks like heaven in a cube! Delicious!!!

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles — September 19, 2011 at 11:45 am

Yum!! I can’t wait until I’m not a baby blogger anymore so I can participate. I can’t wait to veganize some holiday classics for the fam this year!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — September 19th, 2011 at 12:36 pm

you can go to the SRC website and try to sign up but I believe there’s a waiting list to join.

Amanda @ AmandaRunsNY — September 19, 2011 at 12:06 pm

I love your white chocolate obsession. It happens to be my favorite type of chocolate too.

And yes, I love fudge. It’s so rich but that’s why I think I love it. Because it really is satisfying. Some desserts just never seem to satisfy me.

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — September 19, 2011 at 12:22 pm

I have not made fudge yet, but in my opinion, nothing with Oreos could ever be bad :) Can’t wait to take this recipe for a test drive!

Alexa @ Simple Eats — September 19, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Holy moly. I’m drooling at work over these. Nothing gets to me like cookies and cream. Genius, girl!

Jackie @ That Deep Breath — September 19, 2011 at 12:44 pm

WOW. I’m running to the kitchen to make this right now.

charlotte — September 19, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Yayay! Finally a recipe of yours that doesn’t look good to me! Nothing against you – I normally can’t read your blog without adding 6 recipes to my list to try – but I hate white chocolate. I feel so… free! ;)

Anna @ The Guiltless Life — September 19, 2011 at 2:24 pm

YUM! The photography on this post is so evocative, wow!

I think fudge can definitely be year-round ;)

Taylor — September 19, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Your pictures are drool-worthy!! I don’t care if fudge is thought of as a holiday treat….this looks like it should be eaten any day of the year!

andi — September 19, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Love your photo’s its alway fudge season don’t let anyone tell you different. Looks delicious andi

Katie M. — September 19, 2011 at 7:34 pm

I love white chocolate far more than i like regular chocolate. Key Lime Pie fudge with white chocolate is delicious!

Amy S. — September 19, 2011 at 10:46 pm

These look amazing!!! I totally thought of a cookies and cream bar when looking at the pictures, which I love. I will definitely have to make these come Christmas time!

Juie — September 20, 2011 at 5:27 am

Delicious flavors! Perfect for a holiday fudge. Stopping by from SRC!

dan — September 20, 2011 at 6:29 am

are the 20 close-up photos intended to make me crazy for the fudge? oy! looks so good! So many goodies, so little time.

Trisha — September 20, 2011 at 7:33 am

This fudge looks fantastic. I love holiday baking and I can’t wait for Christmas to get closer!