October Goals

I hope you’ve had a nice weekend so far.  Mine has included some time in the kitchen.

I made something delicious with this

And this

Recipe to be posted soon.  Pumpkin Lovers, get ready.

Hint:  Something on the order of these

I also can’t believe it’s October 1.   Where has 2011 gone?

I’ve never posted monthly goals before because honestly, I don’t really set monthly “goals” in my own head.  Yes, I always have things I am working on, projects and tasks I’d like to accomplish, things I’d like to do and items on my radar screen but I don’t write them out because I just keep them all upstairs in my gray matter.  A very loose mental checklist of sorts.

I spent some time pondering what I want to accomplish this month and decided to share some goals for October:

1. Financial

Save money.  I have a specific amount in mind and I’ll let you know if I meet it or not.  I paid off my debt and have been saving money all year, but I’d like to save more before the end of the year.  And no, I won’t be going too crazy with holiday gift purchases.  At all.  Guess I can write off Thursday Things if I want to save more, but I’d rather have zeros in my bank account than random trinkets and knickknacks that don’t amount to much.  I think.

2. Exercise

Do different yoga poses than the ones I usually do; work on poses that I don’t like as much or that don’t come as easy.

I have a tendency to practice the same poses over and over at home because I have my little routine and I whip through it.  I need to push myself to practice asanas that are not in my current repertoire.

3. Health

Get more sleep.  At least 5.5 hours every night.  Yes, I get less than this most nights.

This has been goal of mine for ages, including on my 2011 Goals & Intentions list, i.e. New Year’s Resolutions as some people call them, but I have continued to fail at it, miserably.

I’d like to work on this for my overall and longterm health.  I don’t necessarily think it’s healthy to go without consistent sleep even if I can function “fine”.  I’ve trained myself over the years to function on less and less sleep.  I used to be a I have to have 8-9 hours girl.  But life changed, a baby happened, demands come up.

I always say, “I’ll sleep when I’m dead.”   But I would like to sleep a little more now.

4. Cooking

Develop, photograph, and blog about two new original dessert recipes

A few of you have written this week telling me you’ve made Magic Eight Bars which was a fun recipe to tweak and develop.  How could sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, and graham crackers ever be bad though?

5. Photography

Give myself another self-assigned project and just get out there and take pictures.  And not of food.  People or things.

6. Blogosphere

Comment on less blogs.  I know many people want to comment on more blogs and I think that’s great.  It mirrors my own journey with reading one blog and commenting on it, to reading and commenting on more and more blogs until commenting has taken on a life of its own and has become a full time job.  And it keeps creeping up.  It’s also one thing that prevents me from getting sleep, which is when I know that I change is imperative.

For nearly the past three years, I have been what I’d like to think is a team player in the blogosphere by showing my support for fellow blogggers and commenting on at least 30 blogs per day and probably 100 different blogs per week.  I have made amazing friends, and have discovered a world that I never knew existed a few years ago.  But that world has grown and grown and grown.

I read probably 50 blog posts a day but don’t comment on them all.  And going forward, I plan to read in stealth and comment on less.  If all of a sudden you don’t see me commenting on your blog anymore, you know why.  I need to pull back from this commenting “job” and reclaim precious hours of my day for work, family time, sleep, and just real.life.

I appreciate each and every comment I get, and I appreciate my all readers, including those who read in stealth.  I wanted to be upfront that going forward I am going to pare way, way down on the commenting.  I am just putting this out there because I have people who used to comment on my blog and then just dropped off the map and they never explained things in any kind of post and I always wondered, was it me?

With me, it’s a time management issue because I can read in stealth about 5 times faster than if I comment.

I’m still reading, just not commenting.

7. Family

Spend more time with Scott and Skylar.  At least two extra hours per week of family time over what we have now.  Just being together is the most important thing in my life and I want more.

8. Friends

Get together in person with a friend at least once during the month.  That doesn’t sound like much, but I have said before that it gets harder and harder to make time for friends when you’re not in school, and when you have a job and a family, but I need to do this for myself to recharge my own batteries so that I can continue to give to my family and others.

A coffee meetup does wonders for the soul.  Even just an hour.

1. Do you set monthly goals?  Do you write them down or keep them in your head?  Do you get down on yourself if you don’t meet your goal?

As I said in the post, yes, I have things I am always working on and a little laundry list that I keep filed away upstairs.  But I thought I’d write things out, share, and maybe help keep myself a bit more accountable.

If I accomplish none of these goals, sure, I may feel a little blah but I really don’t care that much, either.  Practicing non-attachment is important for me.

Yes, it’s nice to have goals but if things happen that prevent those goals, dreams, ideas, or intentions from becoming a reality, then so be it.

Try again another day, another month, another time.  Or don’t try.  Some things just aren’t meant to be.

I don’t get discouraged or beat myself up if things don’t go according to plan.  Life has ebbs and flows and not all goals are right for certain ebbs.  Wait until there’s a flow, and try again if it makes sense.

2. What are your goals for the month?

Have a great weekend and don’t forget to enter the Bella Bars Giveaway

79 Responses to “October Goals”

JaimeFNP — October 1, 2011 at 5:23 pm

I am totally one of those people who used to comment all the time on your blog and have stopped – so sorry girl! I am still reading. Life is just crazy hectic right now, and I haven’t had as much time to comment.
    Still love ya just as much! I admire all of your goals – good luck with them! xoxo

• Leslie replied: — October 2nd, 2011 at 10:05 am

Same here. With a slow internet connection now, it takes a lot more time to comment, but I still love ya, and stop by *almost* everyday! Lately I’ve been stopping by here more to re-print your recipes because I keep making stuff, getting rave reviews, and giving away my copy!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — October 2nd, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Thanks for LMK you’re making things and they are a hit. And for reading…no commenting explanation necessary :)

Heather (Where's the Beach) — October 1, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Can’t wait to see this recipe! I think spending more time with family and friends should always be a top goal. I don’t really set monthly goals. But I’m thinking perhaps I should. There are some things I have been putting off out of fear mostly that I just need to say that I’m going to do and then do.

Jess — October 1, 2011 at 5:28 pm

hehe…when I first saw this title, I thought to myself “huh…I don’t think I’ve ever seen/read Averie mentioning setting goals for herself!” then I read and realized I was correct in my hunch :P These all sound like great ones, though. I’m making October my month to save. I say that now, but I’ve been a little too loosey-goosey with my wallet this summer, lol. (uh, okay, so I mean I’m going to try to be better about saving in general – but hopefully after a conscious effort in October it will become a bit easier from here on. there we go.)
    As for reading/commenting…I have always thought of you as super woman for having such a “team player” attitude when it comes to reading and commenting! I don’t think I could do it, but know that you are very much appreciated and I know I can certainly relate to feeling the need to pare it down! I think we’ll all still love you just the same; I’m happy to hear you’ll be getting more sleep, anyways ;)

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — October 2nd, 2011 at 4:02 am

“I have always thought of you as super woman for having such a “team player” attitude when it comes to reading and commenting!” <– thank you :)

Alexandria Lewis — October 1, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Setting monthly goals is something I should definitely do and WILL do :-)
    I like you am a stealth blog reader, actually this is the first time I have commented on your blog. Happy sleep to you :-) some nights I look forward to my sleep so I know how important it is!

katie @ KatieDid — October 1, 2011 at 5:44 pm

I always appreciate your comments on my blog, but understand 100% where your coming from with trying to fit it all in and live more real life. As I’m trying to grow my blog and make more connections and meet people and learn from others I find commenting to be important for me. But its tough sometimes too… being out for a day or a weekend and feeling obligated to catch up and always throw your 2 cents in. Sometimes we need to give ourselves some grace and just say, its okay to back off and do less. I think its awesome that your working on more self assignments too and I can’t wait to see your pictures :)

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — October 2nd, 2011 at 4:03 am

yeah when a weekend away or even a day away from your google readers stresses you out, you know you need to re-examine your priorities (talking about myself, not you :))

cathy — October 1, 2011 at 5:54 pm

i totally appreciate where you’re coming from in this post today, averie. on so many of your points!
    first: i LOVE setting goals and working towards them, daily, monthly, yearly…goals motivate me. i may not always achieve what i set out to do, but i like having those dangling carrots.
    yoga: SO much easier to do the poses that come naturally and that we enjoy…but also nice to see progress – > and to do that, it’s necessary to work on those tight muscles, inflexible parts.
    money, family, sleep – i hear you on all fronts.
    blogs – totally get you. commenting IS time consuming. i have my list of blogs i read and less that i comment on. i really commend you for switching things up.
    happy october 1st!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) — October 1, 2011 at 5:57 pm

I hate when people comment just to have their names out there anyway, so I prefer real comments with meaning. If you don’t have time, that is totally understandable. We all have ups and downs in our lives! I started working outside the home recently and dang, my commenting time has been cut way back. I think we all should understand that and really support each other in whatever journey we are in at the time! Sometimes you have more time and sometimes you have less…that’s life! Enjoy your family my friend!

Melissa | Dash of East — October 1, 2011 at 6:01 pm

What great goals Averie! I make monthly goals too, but the problem is that the majority of those goals are career related and I end up disappointed and mad at myself when I don’t reach those goals. Maybe I just need to chill out a bit :)

This month I’m working on a 30 day photography challenge that a whole bunch of other bloggers are participating in as well. You should join in! Here’s my blog post with the list: http://www.dashofeast.com/2011/10/30-day-photography-challenge/

dragonmamma/naomi — October 1, 2011 at 6:52 pm

In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve also cut way back on my commenting, but I do try to say hi at least every few days!

I set goals whenever the mood strikes me or as circumstances demand it. I’ve had lots in the past month. One in particular had a domino effect: I decided to get certified for group exercise classes, which reminded the fitness director of my existence and I will start training to work in the fitness center next Friday. Also, I already have a gig lined up to be a substitute for the Arthritis Strength class near the end of the month. (I’ve already been a paid observer, whee!) Plus, they had me working at the Kaiser Wellness Fair last weekend, helping to run an obstacle course.

Did I mention that less than 3 weeks ago I decided to do the 5k at the Harvest Fair Run tomorrow? I’ve only had four practice runs, but I’m hoping to beat last year’s time of 29:01.

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — October 2nd, 2011 at 4:05 am

I have noticed of course that you cut back on commenting but I also knew that you got a job and then said job ramped up. Way up. Good for you..and for running that race. I remember it from last year as if it was just last month…time flies.

Karen @ She Flies With Her Own Wings — October 1, 2011 at 6:58 pm

I like the idea of monthly goals… I always keep a running list of goals although I don’t necessarily update them at the beginning of the month. I’ve been reading about how the fall and the change in the seasons from summer to autumn is a great time to make changes in your life… seems like a good idea! It’s always interesting to hear about other people’s goals, it can be a great source of inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College — October 1, 2011 at 7:07 pm

My goal this month is to make working out part of my everyday routine again. Some how I have fallen out of it and I don’t feel good about it :-/

Good for you for making personal time more of a priority! It is the most important thing, really!

Mika — October 1, 2011 at 7:30 pm

I am a super stealth reader of your blog and others but I love this post so much that I just had to comment to say hi :) Enjoy your extra family time and *sleep*

Katie — October 1, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Get to bed, you! :) Without noticing, I have cut way back on commenting too. I still read all the same blogs, but I only comment when I really have something to say. That’s not to say if I don’t comment that I didn’t like the post, it just means I had nothing meaningful to add. Or no time to type. Sigh. Time.

Estela @ Weekly Bite — October 1, 2011 at 8:05 pm

I agree with you on the commenting thing. I had to cut way back when my second daughter was born. Now I try to still comment on the same blogs, but maybe every other day instead of everyday.

Ilana — October 1, 2011 at 8:09 pm

I think I have a genuine mental block against the word “goal.” Any time someone says “set a goal,” my brain shuts off. “Set a goal” sounds really trite and contrived to me, for some reason. This is something I’m working on. I’m just not a GOAL ORIENTED person, in a sense, because I look for the bigger picture. Over the summer I got my RYT 200…had you asked me, even in MAY, about me doing teacher training, I may have said something like “Hmmm….someday..” I have a bucket list of things I want to do at some point in my life, but everything is much more opportunistic or gradual than fast and hard with start days and deadlines. Like I said, all that feels very contrived to me. Probably one of the reasons traditional education/traditional occupation/blah de blah hasn’t been my route.

• Ilana replied: — October 1st, 2011 at 8:10 pm

ps…commenting? I used to write a blog and comment on dozens a day. Now I sometimes write in my blog, and only comment on yours :P

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — October 2nd, 2011 at 4:06 am

I heart you :)

the fact that Im the only blog you comment on w/ any regularity..thank you

and your ryt 200…feels like just yesterday this wasnt even on the radar screen…at all! congrats :)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — October 1, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Great goals for the month! I have been commenting less and less on blogs as well. I’m still reading every single last one of them, but it’s so hard to comment on everything! It takes so much time.

chelsea — October 1, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Family comes first :) We completely understand Averie and trust me I’ll always be hitting up your blog no matter what whether you reply/see my comments haha <3 There is nothing wrong with putting yourself first sometimes.

I have a very long list of OCT goals though, and I create a new list and carry over my non-accomplished every month until I become successful at it.

mi-an — October 1, 2011 at 9:12 pm

hey averie, that’s great you’ve created an october goals. for me it’s all about my career and running. :) you know i only read about 4-5 blogs a day and it does take time. i also notice that you’re the only blogger i know that comments on other blogs that i read…and i’m always wow she always takes time to comment. i think that’s great that you do! as i actually don’t see other bloggers that i read comment on your blog … maybe bc of they don’t have enough time etc… you know… whatever reason they have. anyway, i think it will be good for you to comment less like you said. you will gain so much more time! (for sleep!) :) i want you to know though that i read your blog everyday even if i don’t comment everyday. :)

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — October 2nd, 2011 at 4:08 am

each and every comment you leave me is 100% appreciated and “as i actually don’t see other bloggers that i read comment on your blog” — yes, I feel like many bloggers have quit commenting all together and I dont want to do that, just pare it down :)

Sara — October 1, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I hear you on the blog commenting, also THANK YOU for visiting my little blog. It gave me a wee buzz.

When I was trying to drive up my blog readership I was a crazy-ass commenter, all for the wrong reasons. I began to feel in COMPETITION with other bloggers and many of my comments weren’t really genuine, but just to ‘be’ there every day. One day I realised it was actually making me a bit miserable, taking time away from the important stuff and didn’t reflect the fun that I get out of blogging, or the personal reasons I started my blog. Now I do not watch my blog stats and I don’t ‘competitively comment’. I only do it if I’ve got the time and if what I’ve read resonated with me.

BTW, I made your nutella slice and it is like food crack! I love it maybe toooo much? All good. I made it thinner than yours and there were 48 squares… they are hiding in my freezer, just waiting to be foisted on anyone who visits (bwahahahaha). I love that your recipes are so easy. I think they will be featuring on my Foodie Fridays for a while yet.

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — October 2nd, 2011 at 4:10 am

I just saw your blog post…they look great! 48, eh? you cut ‘em smaller than I do :)

and yes to everything you wrote including “but just to ‘be’ there every day.” I understand, totally.

Mai — October 1, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I really liked this post.
    And I can’t wait to see the new recipe! Just bought a can of Libby’s yesterday for overnight oats. :D

Kathryn — October 2, 2011 at 2:36 am

I’ve always been amazed at the amount of comments you leave – whenever I read a blog post there is almost always a comment there from you already! I’m not surprised that you need to pull back a little and spend more time with you and your family, I think everyone can sympathise. Good luck with your October goals!

Sarah — October 2, 2011 at 3:27 am

Love your October goals! I comment on blogs much less these days. Part of me thinks it’s a shame but I also want to get a life-work-blog balance and commenting less is one of the necessities. My October goals are to find a job (my first one as a qualified nurse! Scary), and practise kindness primarily towards myself.

Btw, how is your stomach and food intolerances these days?

Lots of love x

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope — October 2, 2011 at 3:48 am

Love this post Averie. :) Same with me… I usually have goals in my mind each month (or week, or day), but they’re not always things that I write down. I definitely need to try to get more sleep as well. Being a college student, I seem to always lack in that department. And I totally agree on the yoga! I am Dave Farmar Baptiste podcasts all the way, but I know that branching out is so helpful for me as a student AND teacher.

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — October 2nd, 2011 at 4:12 am

You know it’s easy to practice what comes easy and neglect the harder things. That’s just human nature. Must consciously attempt those asanas that I am just…not that into :)

Susan — October 2, 2011 at 5:28 am

I’m a stealthy reader now! Mostly because I have a lot of sick days where typing at a computer is the last thing I want to do (helllooo Netflix). But also because I can read more blogs when I comment less. And when I DO comment, I can take the time to ramble a little and hopefully leave some quality ones. Also, I like the idea of adding to a conversation in the comments, and not just joining the chorus!

In other news, I hate this saying “I’ll sleep when I’m dead.” That’s not you, I’ve had people say it to me in real life aaallll the time and it’s become a point of contention with me! I’m a stickler for sleep and I really don’t think trying to give up sleep for “living” is the healthiest way to live. You’ll get much more out of life when you’re well rested! Promise!

Rebecca — October 2, 2011 at 5:46 am

Great goals for the month. This month my goals are to take a Zumba class, organize weekly meal plans, make some new recipes and work on my budgeting skills.

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty — October 2, 2011 at 8:30 am

I’ve dropped off the planet from commenting on everyone’s blogs (except for the last week)… life is too busy to commit to reading and blogging – but I’m always here! :)

amy — October 2, 2011 at 8:51 am

Averie, I think your blog is an amazing work and huge accomplishment! You are my go to gal for any recipe involving sweet or cacao and I love making the oat cakes on the weekends. I love to check in and see what’s going on with you. I aspire to be like you in the way you eat, live, yoga and take care of your family. Kudos for taking the time to make sure everything is in check with your October goals!!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — October 2nd, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Thank you so much for the sweet comment, for reading, and for telling me “You are my go to gal for any recipe involving sweet or cacao and I love making the oat cakes on the weekends.” :) AWESOME!

Sara @MasPublicHealth — October 2, 2011 at 9:25 am

“…I’d rather have zeros in my bank account than random trinkets and knickknacks that don’t amount to much.” –BEST line. I am learning this lesson the hard way (e.g., cleaning out YEARS’ worth of accumulated “stuff” in my house). Not fun! You said it best.

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — October 2nd, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Yeah it takes awhile to get to that mental shift. Some people never get their unfortunately but glad you are!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — October 2, 2011 at 9:35 am

I set monthly goals, but usually they are school related. I think your goal to get more sleep is great – I don’t know how you function on so little!

Maris (In Good Taste) — October 2, 2011 at 9:47 am

Pumpkin + peanut butter? I am intrigued, to say the least!

Ali — October 2, 2011 at 10:33 am

This is so awesome! I think you are really wise about the sleep thing, I was always so amazed that you could get by on so little. I know for me if I go to many days in a row with two little sleep, not good things happen to me. I get SO CRANKY! Also I feel like it messes with my body chemistry, and throws my digestion way off. I love your sentiment about expanding your yoga practise too. I am going to be starting Ashtanga yoga on Tuesday, and I am determined to make that “my” practise. Did you ever have an ashtanga practise? What has been your journey? I know there are SO many different styles of yoga to choose from, just wondering what yours is? Also, I respect that you need time for you and sleep and family, but I will be sad not to see you around my little corner of the blog world! It always has meant so much to me when you comment!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — October 2nd, 2011 at 1:43 pm

yes I practice ashtanga. that IS MY go-to. That’s what I do and love and although I like power, vinyasa, and flow-based yoga, it all is usually a derivation of ashtanga and that will always be my first love. Give me the traditional primary series (and 2 hrs of time to do it!) and I’m in heaven.

• Ali replied: — October 2nd, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Cool. I can’t wait to do my first REAL ashtanga practice! I have done it in my teacher training, and on my own, but I cam going to finally go to a real studio! I started with Iyengar yoga, which as you know is the stark opposite. The first class I took that had sun salutations in it I was like “WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOINGGGGG!?” Now I am in love. Funny how things can evolve and change so much.

Krista — October 2, 2011 at 10:35 am

I don’t really set goals. I find that when I do they kinda “take over” my life, ya know what I mean? I have too much going on to add more “pressure” in my life. Usually, my goal is to just get us through the day and our schedules intact! LOL

As for commenting on blogs; for me, I feel like I can’t expect people to comment on my blog if I don’t reciprocate. So I really cut back on the amount of blogs I actually read. Although there are MANY fabulous blogs out there, I stick to the ones that I can relate most to in my own life. Hope that all makes sense…..;)

Amber K — October 2, 2011 at 10:41 am

I don’t really make set “goals,” but there are things I want to accomplish in life and I do write them down so I can keep them in mind. I think you are amazing for deciding to devote more time to the things that are important to you.

I feel bad being a “lurker” on so many blogs, but I can’t even begin to figure out how to carve more time out for commenting. I’m writing my first blog post on what will be my website (inspired by so many awesome bloggers like you!) and all of the “tips” say to be an avid commenter. But even if I’m the only one who ends up reading my future blog, I’m good as long as I’m enjoying the process.

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco — October 2, 2011 at 11:05 am

This may be my favorite post of any blog in awhile. I love your goals! I am so grateful that you have commented on my posts, but I am so proud of you that you are trying to do more in “real life.” As much as I love the blogosphere, I am old hashioned in my beliefs that if you want to talk to someone, call them up and tell them you want to meet them somewhere. You rock, Averie. ;)

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — October 2, 2011 at 11:09 am

Holiday gift purchases?! ahhh! I’m not ready to begin even thinking about that. Must get through Thanksgiving next week… then it’ll start feeling like Christmas :|

Paige @ Running Around Normal — October 2, 2011 at 11:22 am

Oooh, girl I am excited for this recipe. PB + Pumpkin is always a good thing;) In fact, I just made some PB Pumpkin bars again. They’re almost gone, so I could use another recipe!!:)

Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) — October 2, 2011 at 11:28 am

I love your goals!! Spending more time with family and getting more SLEEP is defintiely something I’m trying to get better at! And I TOTALLY understand on the commenting thing! I used to blog comment so much but now I have learned to prioritise things, which means commenting less! But still reading all my fave blogs like YOURS :)

Jessica Lee — October 2, 2011 at 12:03 pm

No monthly goals. I try to focus on ONE goal at any given time though. I feel like I reallly need to focus. Your goals are awesome though, ALL of which I’d like to do too. Right now, I’m focused on getting stronger and more fit again. After that…I think it will be a new car :)

Sophie @ LoveLiveAndLearn — October 2, 2011 at 12:14 pm

I really need to do my October goals, thanks for reminding me!
    I completely understand about the commenting, I read your blog a lot and I feel bad that I don’t comment more! You have such a great attitude, good luck with all of your goals :-)

Brittany — October 2, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Oh I am so ready for that recipe! Two of my favorite things ;) Great goals!! I need to make some, I never do.

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles — October 2, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Good luck with your goals! I used to just think about my goals rather than write them down. Since I’ve been blogging and posting them for all to see, and reflecting on them each month I think I’ve become more action-oriented which is really great for me.

I need to do some self-assigned photography projects! Fall in New England is a great time for that :)

Anna @ The Guiltless Life — October 3, 2011 at 10:34 am

For real I hear you on the blog commenting thing! It gets me some hits but I mainly do it because I want to show my support and develop a “kula” in the blogging world. So I like to try to foster that encouragement by commenting on others’ blogs, but to be honest, comments are more heartfelt when they’re meant and thought about so I am going to start commenting only on posts that really call to me. Thanks for the advice Averie! Good luck with your goals :).

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — October 3rd, 2011 at 3:09 pm

yes when I was new in the blogging world, comments were VERY important to get my name out there, and they are still important to show support…but after YEARS of daily support-showing, I need to re-carve out time for my own life :) I know you’ll find the balance and I LOVE your comments to me….they’re always heart felt.

Alicia — October 3, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I JUST made these! I put dark chocolate chips in half of it. They are sooo yummy. Thanks for the recipe. There is a major pumpkin shortage in norcal, I got the last 2 at target and none of the grocery stores have it! :(

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — October 3rd, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Glad to hear they were a success! and with Choc Chips, too :) I suggested that to a Facebook Fan/reader just a second ago!

Sam@I Tell Stories — October 5, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I like your “goals” post. It’s always nice to hear what others are working on and working towards.

Good luck :)