Time for an installment of Thursday Things. Here’s what has caught my eye this week:
And they’re cheap. I’m almost in heaven. However, I have huge feet and they don’t make my size and am out of luck. Darn.
I finally got around to watching it via DVR and Skylar was glued to the set with me. Skylar, age 4, said that Kim looked like a Princess and she wanted her wedding to be “just like Kim’s wedding”.
When she asked me if her wedding will be just like Kim’s, I thought to myself, yes if your Prince Charming has a seven figure salary, you can undoubtedly pull off a 20 million dollar one-day event.
But for now, let’s stick to this kind of Princess attire and fairytales of that nature.
3. Peanut Butter is going up in price by about 25% in November due to the Great American Peanut Shortage 2011
I love Peanut Butter Recipes
Like Nutella & Peanut Butter Graham Bars with Chocolate Frosting (No Bake)
What am I going to do?
Obviously, pay the price increase. Duh.
Or eat more sunflower seed butter
Sunflower Seed Butter Balls are easy, no-bake, vegan, and GF. You can of course use PB, Cashew Butter, or Almond Butter
4. The Neiman Marcus Christmas Book
Whether you’re looking for baubles, boots…
…or a boat, they’ve got you covered.
The boat runs a cool $250k
Did anyone happen to see if my lottery numbers won anything today?
5. Remember my little Corningware Baking Dish that I bought at the thrift store?
Turns out the pattern is called Spice of Life (thanks to everyone who chimed in and told me your mom, grandma, or relatives had that exact pattern and that it was a staple of your childhood. I love fun stories like that.
Well, when I googled Spice of Life, among other things, ahem, I found a website called Classic Kitchens and More: Authentic Retro Kitchenware
They have tons of vintage and retro Corningware and cookware
6. My new Donut Paraphernalia also makes me warm and fuzzy inside
7. I have to go to Target for Carmex, deodorant, body wash, toilet paper, laundry detergent, and the like. But am putting it off.
Why? Because next to BB & B, Target is my #2 source of wallet-thinning.
In the meantime, I am down to the hard plastic part of my deodorant and my armpit skin is thinning.
8. The winner of the KeVita Drinks Giveaway is:
Lisa October 18, 2011 at 3:18 am
I would love to try the pomegranate!
9. I won Lindsey of Gingerbread Bagels Giveaway for Starbucks and enough coffee to keep me wide awake until 2017 showed up on my doorstep Wednesday.
Photo Sources: Lindsey
I’m in jittery, caffeinated heaven.
Now if you’ll excuse me while I slurp down a homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte with some of my new ‘joe
1. Did you watch Kim’s Fairytale Wedding? Thoughts if you did? Did you have a lavish wedding or do you want a lavish wedding? If money was no object, would you go all out on your wedding? Or regardless, would you keep it lower key?
I watched it and enjoyed the behind the scenes shots, dialogue, and emotional highs and lows that were captured.
When it comes right down to it, I think that most people are generally pretty stressed right before their wedding, they tend to bicker, they tend to get caught up in the hub-bub of the wedding rather than focusing on the marriage. The wedding is one day, the marriage is forever and I think they realized that and seem very happy and in love. I wish them the best.
Glad Scott and I eloped 10 years ago and didn’t do anything other than a $199 Las Vegas special. It kept stress (and costs) to an absolute minimum. We had a ball just being with each other and have great memories of how the whole event went down. And 24 whole pictures of the event that were taken on a disposable Kodak camera and I have never had them made digital. They’re in an album that I don’t exactly know where it is right now. Storage locker maybe? I know I have it. I just don’t exactly where.
2. What are your Thursday Things? What’s caught your eye or your given you something to think about this week?
Stay tuned for a truly amazing Giveaway…