Here this week’s installment of Thursday Things:
1. I am so excited about iTunes Match. It’s not here yet, but it’s coming soon.
“If you want the benefits of iTunes in the Cloud for music you haven’t purchased from iTunes, iTunes Match is the perfect solution. It’s built right into the iTunes app on your Mac or PC and the Music app on your iOS devices. And it lets you store your entire collection, including music you’ve imported from CDs or purchased somewhere other than iTunes. For just $24.99 a year”
What that means to me is that if you have an old Mac, Macbook, iMac, iPhone, iPod, iPad, and you’ve upgraded but have bits and pieces of your music scattered on all your different devices and computers, it will soon all soon be able to be synced up and consolidated.
All your devices can have all your music. Yes, there’s a small annual fee but it’s well worth it to me. Between laptops, desktops, iPods, and phones, I’ve had about 7 Apple products in the past 5 years and have bits of it strewn everywhere. I was just complaining about this the other week, and no “enable home sharing” doesn’t fix this for me.
If you open iTunes, from the home screen, look at the right hand sidebar and notice it’s “coming soon”.
I knew I wasn’t the only one out there who had their music scattered on various devices and I was wondering how long it was going to take for Apple to figure out that if a person legitimately bought music on one computer, when they get another computer (another Mac!) they should have access to that music on the new machine. iTunes Match, oh yes please.
2. In cooking related things, this week I managed to crack 10 eggs all over my counter top, all at once. It was not a pleasant thing.
I bought a new carton of eggs and noticed that one had cracked open I was trying to get it out of the carton and toss it. Well, it had gotten stuck to the paper carton and for some reason, I thought that gently shaking the carton as I was wrestling with this semi-broken and stuck egg was a good idea and would help unlodge it. It wasn’t a good idea.
10 more eggs that weren’t lodged into the carton became unlodged and in slow motion, they all cracked all over my couter top, all at once. Lovely.
3. I am really excited about the finale of Top Chef Just Desserts
I am taping it on my DVR so don’t tell me who wins. If you’re following the show, who do you think should win? Chris, Matt, or Sally?
I think Sally is the best cook of the three; I think she’s the most creative, she turns out the prettiest food and food that just suprises me because it’s so unique and clever. Plus, the Girl Power thing. I hope she wins!
4. Candy Corn season is here. I made something with my leftover C.C.
Not these No-Bake Candy Corn Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites, either.
Something else. And I’m loving it.
It also involves chocolate.
Recipe coming soon
5. This Epiphanie Bag
6. This Kelly Moore Bag Boy Bag
7. Pinterest. Such a time suck.
Such a beautiful place.
I love it.
I could devote days and days to just browsing, clicking, and being inspired. Food, drink, clothes, travel, architecture, furniture, home decor, desserts, photography; it’s like one big happy place for all things wonderful.
8. Halloween is coming up. I have no plans other than to take Skylar trick or treating. No adult dress-up, nothing crazy, just going to be princess-ing with my Princess.
9. Asian Foods Giveaway going strong for one more day
10. White Chocolate Cookies & Cream Fudge. Scott requested it. I will probably oblige his request and make some. It’s no-bake and easy but he thinks it’s complicated which scores me brownie points. Maybe he’ll get me a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer in return. I can hope, right.
1. What are your Thursday Things? Anything have you excited this week? Does that iPhone syncing stuff excite you?
2. Do you have Halloween Plans?
3. Ever dropped eggs everywhere?
That was a first for me but I have dropped a glass jar of caramel sauce all over my kitchen. Nightmare. For months later I found caramel splatters on just about every cupboard drawer handle, crevice, and nook and cranny in my kitchen.
If you have 1 spare second, could you please Vote for Me in the Delta/Biscoff Bake-Off. Thank you and I really appreciate it!