30 Day Photo Challenge

I’ve seen this 30 Day Photo Challenge from Positively Present floating around Pinterest

Although I’m not going to make it a 30 Day Challenge, I thought I’d post a few days worth of pictures…

Day 1: Favorite Food (not sure if these cookies are my favorite food but they’ve been a favorite this week)

Day 5: Morning Sky (Malmok Beach, Aruba)

Day 10: Nature (Roses in my neighborhood in San Diego this past summer)

Day 12: Hands (Diane Yu’s hands at Food & Light)

Day 16: Animals (Cats in Aruba)

Day 21: Where You Sleep

Day 24: Gratitude

Being Grateful & Thankful

Gratitude

Grateful

Day 25: Artwork (Skylar’s present to me on Mother’s Day.  Best gift ever.)

And her gift to Scott on Father’s Day

Have you taken part in any challenges recently?  Any challenges you want to take part in?

Frequently I see people posting fitness challenges, make-over-your-life type challenges with everything from keeping a cleaner house to working out more consistently to dietary challenges such as no sugar or more protein to challenges having to do with becoming a more zen human being.

There’s definitely no shortages of challenges out there.

One of the challenges I gave myself was doing more self-assigned photography projects like this oneMaybe this one counts.

Thanks for the Coffee Giveaway entries, too!

35 Responses to “30 Day Photo Challenge”

Heather (Where's the Beach) — November 8, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Oh I love this and the photos (especially the artwork from S). Makes me smile. I guess my last challenge was a race and new challenge is healing.

cathy — November 8, 2011 at 6:19 pm

ah, an aruba picture!! that makes my evening!
    i also really like the “hands” photo – very unique.
    i am doing “november thankfulness” – from tina’s (carrots n cake) blog. i LOVE challenges. i have seen the photo one, too, and may take that on at some point!
    and not to forget – my 41 new experiences challenge for 2011!

Pure2raw twins — November 8, 2011 at 6:31 pm

great photos!!!

kathleen @ the daily crumb — November 8, 2011 at 6:37 pm

i haven’t seen this 30 day photo challenge, but really like the concept!

i’m currently doing (well, in my own head) the thanksgiving challenge. acknowledging and consciously giving thanks each day to one thing, person, etc. i am thankful for. it’s more for myself than any challenge, though!

Mariel — November 8, 2011 at 6:58 pm

awesome photos! i have a ‘no scale’ challenge on my blog. other than that no challenges! :)

katie @ KatieDid — November 8, 2011 at 7:14 pm

I loved the photos your picked out. I’m currently taking on the 30 day photo challenge. I’m not sure I’ll follow along exactly day to day but I hope to eventually finish it!

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco — November 8, 2011 at 7:45 pm

I should take a photography challenge. You’re inspirational, Averie. ;)

Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog — November 8, 2011 at 7:53 pm

I would love to take part in a photography challenge! It sounds like fun.

All of your photos look amazing! :)

Ela — November 8, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Wow–a 30 day challenge in a single post!

I enjoy committing to “challenges” sometimes: it can really give a sense of structure and help with focusing.

Kristen @ Chocolate Covered Kristen — November 8, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Love the colors in the picture o the rose. Makes me miss summer. I have been in a writing rut, so my november challenge os to post 3-4 times a week.

Diana @ VeggieNextDoor — November 8, 2011 at 9:12 pm

I love this post, Averie. And I agree, that mother’s day gift is absolutely stunning. Looks like you have a little artist!

Kris | iheartwellness.com — November 8, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Hahaha, I promote a 90 Day Health Challenge for a living, so I do one all the time :)

Your photo’s are GORGEOUS!!!

xxoo

Ali — November 8, 2011 at 10:38 pm

I just lovelovelove your photos

Kathryn — November 9, 2011 at 1:37 am

What great photos – I love the pictures of Skylar’s artwork and that shot of Diane’s hands is just awesome!

Sarah — November 9, 2011 at 2:54 am

Are those your peanut flour chocolate chip cookies?! Ive been dying to make those ever since you created them. Peanut flour=love.

Melomeals: Vegan for $3.33 a Day — November 9, 2011 at 4:25 am

I should really take part in a photography challenge.. I’m feeling like I’m in a rut.

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — November 9, 2011 at 5:08 am

Man, I can’t wait to escape in the winter to a warm, warm place! That picture looks even better than it did in the summer.

Angela@veggievinyasa — November 9, 2011 at 7:18 am

Awesome artwork and the cookies look delicious! I’m turing 30 in February. I was inspired by some other blogs to create a 30 by 30 list and I’ve been pretty happy about it so far. Completed items include: doing a cleanse, eating vegan for a week and going on a solo hike. Still working on: mastering homemade chai, holding headstand without the wall and running a 5k.

kim — November 9, 2011 at 8:17 am

hi averie, this comment is off topic –
    i clicked on your banana bread recipe (looks so yum) a few posts back & i was reminded of how you used to post a pic of a yoga pose -i loved how you described it & included a pic – you haven’t done that for a while –
    would you consider doing a daily yoga pic again?
    love your blog!
    kim

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — November 9th, 2011 at 10:01 am

No I wouldn’t because for about a year, I posted a picture daily. There are tons of yoga poses out there, but I think I covered many of them and they’re in my old posts. And it’s quite a bit of work to coordinate with my photographer, i.e.husband, in order to take the photos and at this point not something I’m going to be doing again. Enjoy the archives :)

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles — November 9, 2011 at 9:35 am

I might take this challenge on! It seems like a fun way to move photography away from JUST the food realm :)

Amber K — November 9, 2011 at 10:24 am

I always love your photography! I am not currently doing any challenges. Mostly because I saw a push-up challenge I thought I should do, but I have yet to do a single day. It just doesn’t occur to me unless I’m sitting at my computer. And if I’m at my computer I’m usually working on something. So I will try and make a mental note to do it later and then I completely forget. I fail at challenges!

Amanda @ AmandaRunsNY — November 9, 2011 at 6:36 pm

I love the picture with the hands and oranges, it’s so beautiful and real. You are an extremely talented photographer.

I haven’t taken on any challenges in a while, though I did try a raw food challenge last winter which was moderately successful, but for now, I’m just going to focus on the NY Marathon and let everything else fall to the wayside.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — November 14, 2011 at 7:06 pm

I love the idea of this photo challenge!!!! I think I might participate in this for December!!!!