Yesterday I had to stop by the hardware store and have a key made because over the weekend Skylar managed to drop one of only two house keys down the crack of the elevator shaft.
You couldn’t replicate the randomness of it if you tried a hundred times.
She and Scott were locked out of the house until I made it back home and could let them in.
Total fluke and it will probably never happen again, but I definitely wanted a backup key for those just-in-case moments. Or just-in-case elevator shafts.
Other things that have me keyed up:
1. Our Trip. Next week. Can’t wait!
2. I’m not keyed up about cooking Thanksgiving dinner or making sure all the pieces of my Thanksgiving menu come together tomorrow.
It’s work, yes; but it’s not stressing me out. Then again, I’m cooking for a man who is grateful that I’m even cooking at all and for a four year old who pretty much eats anything, so not exactly tough critics.
3. I am a little keyed up about packing. I hate packing. I always feel like I’m going to forget something. But truthfully, the majority of what I pack I could live without or ends up not being used anyway. So I probably shouldn’t stress over it but I do. Just a little bit.
4. The winner of the Reusable Bamboo Bottle Giveaway may be keyed up by the news.
Ari@ThE DiVa DiSh November 21, 2011 at 6:17 pm
“I have just a regular water bottle that my husband got at a conference for free! and it’s really lame! haha. So basically this idea sounds awesome!”
Congrats to Ari!
1. Are you keyed up about anything? Or not keyed up about something?
2. Have you ever lost your keys or dropped them somewhere and couldn’t retrieve them?
Scott actually managed to drop his keys down the elevator shaft at his office building about two months ago. And Skylar did it over the weekend. Since I usually take the stairs rather than the elevator, I doubt I’m next.
The last time I locked my keys in my car was about 10 years ago. I still shudder to think of doing it again and make a conscious effort each and every time I slam my door to think to myself “I have my keys in my hand”, check. Sort of like, the stove burner is off, check.
Some people say it’s impossible to lock your keys in your car with automatic key locks. But it’s not impossible to slam them in…the trunk.
And thanks for the Enjoy Life Snack Bar Giveaway entries!