Couldn’t Believe My Eyes

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I opened up an email this morning with this link to Martha Stewart’s site.

And at the very bottom of that screenshot, there’s a link to my Chocolate Saltine Toffee that the editors at Martha Stewart apparently found via Foodgawker

Trust me when I say I nearly spit my coffee all over my screen in a state of disbelief because I seriously thought it was just a notification from one of those spammy sites that takes my content and reprints it in entirety on their site.  I almost didn’t even open the link to Martha’s site because I thought it was just a spam site.  Glad I clicked over.

And congrats to my awesome friend, Leanne, and to the others as well who were also featured.

And in case you’re planning a vegan holiday meal or any holiday meal and still need recipe ideas, Marly at Namely Marly has compiled a virtual vegan holiday dinner.

When she asked if she could include my Cranberry and Orange Ginger Mango Chutney as one of the sides on her virtual menu I said, of course.

Lots of great meal ideas from some really talented cooks in Marly’s Feast.

If it wasn’t so darn hot down here, I’d be cooking up a feast.

But today my eyes are more into looking at this view than the inside of my kitchen.

This was the view I couldn’t believe I was experiencing on my morning run here in Aruba today.

No one else was on the beach or the beachside path where I run at about 11 am this morning.  I was shocked.

And grateful.

Breath in, breath out.

I couldn’t believe my eyes.

All pictures taken with my iPhone.

I am grateful for this day even if my eyes couldn’t believe some of what I saw.

Fill in the blank: I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw__________.

Or anything you’ve seen recently, either good or bad, that has you in a state of disbelief?  Hopefully something good!

Weekend Plans?

I plan to spend time with my family at the beach.   Hopefully there’s no rain.

And I’d like to bake, or no-bake, some treats.  The White Chocolate Peanut Butter Puppy Chow is gone and so is the White Chocolate Peanut, Pretzel, & Chocolate Chip Fudge.  Need to make something else now…

Thanks for the Coconut Oil Giveaway entries and enjoy your weekend!

48 Responses to “Couldn’t Believe My Eyes”

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — December 16, 2011 at 11:00 am

Thanks for the shout out, Averie :) I’m so happy I was featured with you!
    Also – iPhones rock! Look at how perfect those pictures are.

• #
      Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga — December 16, 2011 at 11:02 am

Well I did touch them up in Lightroom a little but not much…and congrats to you for the mention AND that they used your beautiful photo!!

Evan Thomas — December 16, 2011 at 11:24 am

That’s pretty awesome; congratulations, Averie! Hope the 3 of you are enjoying your vacation.

Heather (Where's the Beach) — December 16, 2011 at 11:27 am

That’s awesome Averie! You definitely deserve recognition my friend. And I’m loving those ocean pictures. So calming. Happy Friday!

Kathryn — December 16, 2011 at 11:28 am

Oh wow, congratulations! That’s so awesome! Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend in the sun. We’re looking at some snow here…

katie @ KatieDid — December 16, 2011 at 11:35 am

Congrats Averie, soo exciting for you! I’m clicking through your fudge recipes now to make a gift for someone :)

Lisa is Raw on $10 a Day (or Less) — December 16, 2011 at 11:48 am

Yay, congratulations :). I can see why they liked it!

kathleen @ the daily crumb — December 16, 2011 at 12:15 pm

oh my gosh.. amazing!! congrats averie, recognition much deserved :)

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List — December 16, 2011 at 12:26 pm

SOOOO proud of you!! that’s just awesome, Averie!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans — December 16, 2011 at 12:36 pm

So excited for you my friend! You’re an amazing cook and it’s awesome to see you getting some big time recognition!

MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College — December 16, 2011 at 12:47 pm

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw….0 MPH winds at home in Wyoming for the 13th day in a row! Very unusual here. I also could not believe my eyes when I saw those gorgeous beach pictures…wow.

Christin@purplebirdblog — December 16, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Congratulations, girl!!! So badass!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — December 16, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Wow, that’s a pretty awesome surprise! Congrats :)

Char @ www.charskitchen.ca — December 16, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Congratulations, Averie!! That’s so exciting :D

Lauren — December 16, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Congrats lady!! What a proud accomplishment.

Erica — December 16, 2011 at 2:25 pm

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! So happy for you <3 <3

Katie — December 16, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Again, congrats and it is well-deserved. You work hard and you should be noted for that!

Hope you are off enjoying the fruits of your labor, so to speak. ;)

lauren@spicedplate — December 16, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Yeay! can’t say I’m surprised, though — it’s an amazing recipe and your photos are always so stunning! Congrats! You should make a batch to celebrate :)

Felicia (Natural + Balanced) — December 16, 2011 at 3:05 pm

congrats averie that is SO exciting!!

Kim — December 16, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Thats awesome Averie!!!!
    Gosh that beach is just stunning…. :D

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — December 16, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Congrats on the MC’s feature — well deserved!! Enjoy Aruba :) stunning photos!!!

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — December 16, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Congrats! That’s super exciting!

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli — December 16, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Oh wow! Congratulations Averie! What a fantastic way to start your day! And I can’t help but be a little jealous…ok, a LOT jealous over your view in Aruba…that water is absolutely gorgeous! Hope you have a great relaxing weekend!

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw my average pace at the end of my 5 miler the other day…8:15…after a whole day of indulging in waaaaaay too many sweets at my work’s potluck lunch! That’s my best pace since before I had trouble with my shin splints over the summer! Woo hoo! :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 16, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Wow girl – Congrats on the feature!!!!! That is amazing!

Michaela — December 16, 2011 at 6:01 pm

how amazing, congrats, Averie!

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic — December 16, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Congratulations on being featured!! So amazing and well deserved :)

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — December 16, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Congrats on Martha’s Circle! My recipe for chicken tacos was listed on there a few months ago back when TS actually accepted my submissions http://marthascircle.marthastewart.com/2011/05/05/lighten-up-your-cinco-de-mayo-menu/; I was surprised to see it in my referring stats. It was pretty cool considering I never even heard of it until then, ha!

Saltines covered in sweetness strikes every sense in my body. Sweet + salty = YES!

• #
      Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga — December 16, 2011 at 7:07 pm

“was listed on there a few months ago back when TS actually accepted my submissions” — Oh that is classic. And it’s how I felt too for about 3-4 mos. I have luck with them with say, smoothies. But actual real food…it’s so rare for me too. Lol.

Congrats on your Martha feature, too!

PeaSoup — December 16, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Gosh, how exciting to be featured on Martha’s site! That chutney sounds divine – I’m a chutney freak and must have gallons of it around me at Christmas. This one is being added to the list:)

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco — December 16, 2011 at 8:38 pm

I am so glad you are getting extra praise for your wonderful-ness (That’s totally a word that I didn’t just make up.) Congrats!

Baking Serendipity — December 16, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Congrats! What an awesome feature :)

Jo — December 16, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Congrats on the nod from Martha! That (and the view) must have made your day.

Anna @ On Anna's Plate — December 17, 2011 at 6:20 am

Woo hoo!!! Congrats!! I’m not surprised they featured you– your pics are awesome!

Marly — December 17, 2011 at 6:50 am

Congrats for the Martha Stewart selection. I’m not surprised – that toffee looks delicious! And thanks for participating in the Virtual Vegan Holiday Dinner! It was fun working with you. And finally, thanks for those inspiring pictures. How cool to have that beach to yourself. Breath in. Breath out. Love it!

lynn @ the actor's diet — December 17, 2011 at 8:34 am

woo hoo! i expect to see you on martha’s show next!

Amber K — December 17, 2011 at 9:46 am

That is so exciting! Very cool to see just how awesome your hard work is :)

At church this weekend is the Christmas service so I’ll be there tonight to watch and then tomorrow to volunteer in the child care. Busy weekend!

jackie @ marin mama cooks — December 17, 2011 at 10:38 am

Congratulations Averie :) You are such a positive spirit that your creating all of this! When your happy and open, the world is at your fingertips. Keep the positive outlook that you have on life and all of your dreams will come true!

So excited for you!

Jackie

Mariel — December 17, 2011 at 1:27 pm

congrats on martha’s circle! that is SO awesome!

Elle (thewaybyelle) — December 17, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Congratulations on the Martha Blog! I would be so thrilled if it was me! I think I would send a screencap photo in my Christmas cards. LOL

Nathalie — December 18, 2011 at 8:25 am

What and accomplishment!!!Congratulations, Averie!
    Oh I adore the daily dose of sunshine from your blog… the photos of the beach and the sea and your running paths (I am not jealous or anything ;-))… stunning!
    I love where I live, it’s also near the ocean, but with LOTS of rain. Not quite Aruba ;-) It’s so cold now…brrrrr. You’re doing the right thing :-)

• #
      Nathalie — December 18, 2011 at 8:26 am

‘an’ accomplishment…

Christine (The Raw Project) — December 18, 2011 at 8:41 am

Congrats on the Martha link, that rocks! What an honor! I need to try that recipe! And amazing iPhone pics! I’m actually getting rid of my point-and-shot since the camera on my new phone is just as good. Just relaxing and getting ready for Christmas here this weekend!

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles — December 18, 2011 at 12:07 pm

How exciting Averie, congrats!

Sally — December 19, 2011 at 7:42 am

congrats Averie! I’m sure that was very exciting to see. I can’t believe how easy this saltine toffee recipe is! It’s no wonder Martha’s editors loved it– the recipe looks divine!! You can’t go wrong with chocolate & toffee. :)

Kareen EatingRight — December 21, 2011 at 10:23 pm

I’m late to the party but congrats!! That’s a neat Christmas gift :)

Brandon @ Kitchen Konfidence — December 27, 2011 at 9:59 am