Merry Christmas Quiz

Merry Christmas Eve!

I’ve seen this little diddy on various blogs such as Gina’s and Katie’s.  They wrote out their answers in full sentences but I prefer spending more time at the beach than typing so it’s one word answers from me.

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

Under

Colored lights on tree/house or white?

Colored

Do you hang mistletoe?

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

Indifferent (if it excludes dessert)

Favorite Holiday memory as a child?

Barbies!

Snow? Love it or dread it?

Dread

Real or fake tree?

Fake (childhood) & Neither (adult)

What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?

Family

What is your favorite Holiday dessert?

Creme de Menthe bars (no bake, vegan, GF)

What is your favorite tradition?

Traveling

What tops your tree?

Nothing

What is your favorite Christmas Song?

Silent Night

What do you leave for Santa?

Leftovers (desserts)

Baked Cinnamon Bun Donuts with Vanilla Cream Cheese Glaze

Homemade Cinnabons are Santa-approved.

Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?

Happydance!

Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?

Online

Pick a question (or more) and tell me your answers.

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and I hope your holiday is filled with love, happiness, peace, and special times with your friends and family.

27 Responses to “Merry Christmas Quiz”

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List — December 24, 2011 at 1:16 pm

Tree – Real or Fake? Real…but after vacuuming everyday, next year – fake!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — December 24th, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I remember my mother griping about that as a kid and one year…real was replaced with fake and that’s the way it’s been ever since!

Ellen — December 24, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Merry Christmas! I am in St. Louis visiting family and freezing(Los Angeles made me a weather wimp) so your Aruba pics are perking me up:)
    Favorite holiday cookie is probably the Italian Sprinkle cookies I make-I just posted the recipe on Scrumptious Gruel…a close runner up though are these mint chocolate bars that are pretty much the same thing as your favorite Creme de Menthe bars: a minty brownie with mint buttercream and chocolate on top. I really want to try your version though!

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous — December 24, 2011 at 1:30 pm

You certainly have the best scenery this Christmas!

blossjoss — December 24, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I just made your peanut butter cups with ghiradelli dark chocolate and lots of peanut butter. There are so delicious and are disappearing quickly! They’ll make a fantastic gift if there are any left tomorrow. (I made 10). Aruba looks wonderful. Merry Christmas!

McKella — December 24, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Merry Christmas Averie! Enjoy your white (sandy beaches) Christmas in Aruba!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 24, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Barbies are my favourite childhood memory of Christmas gifts too :-)

I hope you are enjoying a beautiful Christmas eve!

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope — December 24, 2011 at 2:07 pm

Haha love the one word answers! Enjoy that beautiful beach on Christmas!!! :)

You know I dread snow. ;)

Allison — December 24, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Always a 100% real tree! If only they didn’t drop so many pine needles- they’re hard to grab with the vacuum! When we were younger, my brother and I used to leave Santa milk and cookies, and a note :P

Amelia — December 24, 2011 at 3:01 pm

That beach looks so amazing right now! Wisconsin is ss-s-ss-s-oooo cold, I am freezing even inside.

I like to shop online because it’s usually cheaper, but it is kind of fun to do the mall thing once in a LONG while.

P.S. I got a donut pan and a mini-ramekin set for Christmas. I will definitely be trying out some of your veganized donuts very shortly!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — December 24th, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Grew up in MN…I remember -40F Christmas Eves from childhood. Stay warm!

And have fun with the donuts! For the egg, just skip and use a chia/flax egg, margarine for butter, you’re there !

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva — December 24, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Oh have fun lying in the beautiful sun. Just got back from the beach myself. A beautiful day is all I wanted Santa to bring for christmas and he more than delivered. On to the questions!
    What is your favorite tradition? Baking cookies with mom to send as gifts to friends
    What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Like you it’s family and friends
    What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Roast pumpkin!!!
    Merry christmas to you and your family :)

mi-an — December 25, 2011 at 5:34 am

merry christmas averie!!! wish i was in aruba!!!

Heather (Where's the Beach) — December 25, 2011 at 7:09 am

Gotta say, I kind of like the one word/short answers. We have always had a fake tree. As a kid lights were colored, now they are white. Merry Christmas – hope Skylar is doing a happydance ;-)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — December 25, 2011 at 8:05 am

Merry Christmas! I could get used to the “traveling” tradition I think ;)

Amber K — December 25, 2011 at 9:38 am

I love that you’re indifferent about your favorite holiday dish if it excludes dessert. I totally agree. I love white Christmas lights and wrapped presents around my fake Christmas tree. Merry Christmas!

Beth — December 25, 2011 at 10:58 am

I haven’t had a real tree since I was a kid. I don’t miss all the needles all over the floor…I am fond of my fake one because it’s nice and full and doesn’t make a mess. I did probably 90% of my shopping this year online and then made lots of food gifts. Totally worth it to me to skip the madness of Christmas shopping in a store. Our Christmas morning tradition is opening gifts, then having a big family brunch. I LOVE brunch. ;) Merry Christmas to you and your family…may it be full of relaxation! :)

Katherine Martinelli — December 25, 2011 at 11:52 am

This is so cute! Merry merry Christmas!!!

Bria @ West of Persia — December 25, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Merry Christmas, Averie and fam!

I made your flourless peanut butter and flourless chocolate cookies for some of my own fam and a few select friends. They were a big hit :-)

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco — December 25, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Merry Christmas! (I hate to complain, but my server crashed. I know you know how that goes… what should I do? Bluehost is closed for the holiday! And I’m sorry to bug you on Christmas. Thanks!)

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — December 25th, 2011 at 2:07 pm

that sucks…nothing you can do other than to wait it out til they reopen…which is why I am not with BH anymore :(

that type of stuff happened to me quite a bit, twice in a two week time period some major issues…had to bail. Current server is wayyyyyy more expensive though. Tradeoff.