Peaches & Coconut Cream Smoothie

After I get done running outside in the Aruba heat…

…It’s nice to come inside and enjoy this.

After we get done playing at the beach…

…a tropical fruity smoothie hits the spot and quenches what seems to be my never-ending thirst in this heat.

Sweet, tropical, and since I love peaches ‘n cream, I figured, why not make it a peaches and coconut cream smoothie.

Since we’re in the Caribbean and all.

It was a good call.

We’ve been going to town on these the past few days.

[print_this]

Peaches & Coconut Cream Smoothie

1 banana (previously frozen is ideal but not essential)

1 c peaches (I used 5 canned peach halves in light syrup, but fresh would be great)

1/2 c coconut milk (canned, fresh, cream of coconut, or coconut creme concentrate)

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1 c ice cubes

1/4 c sugar, optional or to taste (or honey, agave, sugar, stevia, vanilla NuNaturals stevia drops to taste)

The remainder is optional:

1/3 c additional fruit (such strawberries, mango, pineapple, plums, nectarines, papaya, honeydew, cantaloupe, etc.)

1/4 c yogurt

1 tbsp chia seeds

1 scoop neutral or vanilla flavored protein powder

top with a handful of coconut flakes, granola, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, raisins

For a peach colada add 1 to 2 ounces rum (dark rum, light rum, Malibu)

Blend everything in Vita-Mix, Magic Bullet, or blender until smooth.

Yields: Approximately 12 ounces.  Store extra in the freezer and remove from freezer long enough to soften before drinking the leftover portion.

Note: if you are not a ‘coconut person’ or don’t have it on hand, simply use regular milk, cream, vegan milk, nut milk, soy milk, etc.

[/print_this]

So even if shoveling snow is the closest thing you’re doing to an outdoor workout this time of year…

…You could make this, add rum, and transport yourself to your own little happy place.

Not a bad thought on a cold winter day in my opinion.

Excuse me while I go dive in to this.

Then dive into more of this.

What beverages are you consuming in abundance lately?

Water, vanilla iced coffee, and smoothies for me.

Hopefully some peach-pina coladas will be in abundance in the near future, too.

Or if you’re feeling a little more wintery or Christmas-season inspired, an Eggnog Chai Smoothie may be just what Santa ordered.

For other smoothie recipes, also check here

What was the last beverage you drank that you really enjoyed?

Enjoy your weekend! (and check the 10 Gifts Under $10 list if you have holiday-shopping-on-a-budget to tackle)

Winner of the $75 SpaFinder Giftcard Stress Relief Giveaway announced tomorrow

53 Responses to “Peaches & Coconut Cream Smoothie”

Mariel — December 10, 2011 at 6:23 am

Looks like paradise in a glass!! XD

a spoonful of yumm — December 10, 2011 at 6:26 am

kiwis & coconut cream taste great together ! gorgeous pics..

Heather (Where's the Beach) — December 10, 2011 at 6:29 am

I really wish it was warm enough here for that too sound like the perfect drink. It’s not quite 30 this morning so coffee is what I’m reaching for ;-) At least the sun is out so I can pretend it’s warmer!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — December 10, 2011 at 6:45 am

I’m currently drinking hot coffee, in pjs on my couch since it’s 30 something outside right now. I’m not sure there could be a better tropical combination than that drink. Delicious!

caloricandcrazy — December 10, 2011 at 6:47 am

you are sooooo lucky to be someplace so warm!!!
    loving the smoothie :)

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free — December 10, 2011 at 7:02 am

That looks super refreshing….can’t wait until summer to make this!

I had a cup of pumpkin spice coffee with almond milk and extra nutmeg….really enjoyed that!

Felicia (Natural + Balanced) — December 10, 2011 at 7:04 am

always water and kombucha, plus lots of warm tea these days- loving the celestial holiday ones !

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — December 10, 2011 at 7:18 am

This smoothie sounds so fresh and tasty! Love it!

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco — December 10, 2011 at 8:10 am

I think , despite, the cold weather, I will have to make this smoothie. But what if I added some xantham gum for peaches and coconut cream ice cream?

I am loving tea. I forked of the $$$ for one of them fancy frothers, and I am drinking tea lattes like there’s no tomorrow. I want my money’s worth.

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — December 10th, 2011 at 8:32 am

I bet it would make it thick…I don’t tolerate XG or guar gum well so I don’t use them anymore but if you can hang…I bet it’d be great.

Rebecca @ Naturally Healthy and Gorgeous — December 10, 2011 at 9:53 am

That looks so refreshing and I’m so jealous of all the fresh fruit you can get there!

Amber K — December 10, 2011 at 10:37 am

I fully enjoyed my peach martini last night. Although I mostly just stick to water. Oh and smoothies! And this looks sooo good. A peach colada sounds goood right now ;)

Kristen @ Change of Pace — December 10, 2011 at 10:56 am

I am SO jealous of you haha. The pictures are breathtaking! I have been trying my hardest to stick to just water but occasionally I drink seltzer.

Olivia @ PeanutButterNerd — December 10, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Caramel Apple Spice from Starbucks. It’s a fave.

Clare @ SweetnSimple — December 10, 2011 at 1:42 pm

I could go for one of those right now :) Gorgeous pics! Last drink I enjoyed was probably an iced chai latte.. yumm!

nicole marie — December 10, 2011 at 1:54 pm

this is tropical delight at its finest! x

Elsa — December 10, 2011 at 2:26 pm

That looks really refreshing, makes me wish for a tropical island adventure.

Katie — December 10, 2011 at 3:22 pm

You are reading my mind. I’m just putting together a “beverage” post for next week. ;)

Ellen — December 10, 2011 at 4:54 pm

I cannot get over how gorgeous your photos of Aruba are! Such amazing colors of blue.
    I’ve been making champagne cocktails my drink of choice when out on the town, and since the weather is cold(well, LA “cold”)I’ve also been opting for more red wine than rose or white, and hot coffee instead iced.

Last thing I really enjoyed? Probably the glass of Zinfandel(NOT the white kind) I had a couple of nights ago.
    Wow, this comment is totally making me sound alcoholic! Fortunately, one drink and I’m done:)

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — December 10th, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I love love love champagne and would drink more of it if I didn’t feel guilty about opening a whole bottle at once…I should buy the splits I think…because like you, I am so one and done. Big time lightweight drinker these days. lol

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. — December 10, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Looks so beautiful!

Jo — December 10, 2011 at 6:29 pm

I have to say, Aruba wasn’t really on my radar, but your photos are so amazing I’d love to go someday!!! It’s inspiring me to plan a beach trip in the near future at the very least! Love them.

Ellie@fitforthesoul — December 10, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Oh mannn the whole place looks heavn’ly!~~ It’s so strange seeing summery pictures and updates when all of the U.S. is experiencing chilly weather :)

Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry — December 10, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I am going to make this coconut smoothie this weekend and mentally transport myself to the beach!

Mary @ Bites and Bliss — December 10, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Oh yum! I could really use a bit of paradise through all this cold weather right about now!

AikoVenus — December 10, 2011 at 8:51 pm

This looks so healthy, delicious and sweet! My family (we drink a lot of Mexican and Middle Eastern juices) loves to mix mango juice with thickened coconut cream for a type of ice cream – and then we sprinkle it with cinnamon. ^^

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — December 11, 2011 at 4:56 am

Oh man, just 1 more week until we’re in dominican!!! Then I’ll be enjoying lots of smoothies and basking in the sun. It looks so beautiful!!

Christine (The Raw Project) — December 11, 2011 at 8:44 am

Running in humid heat is an adjustment, I felt slimy after my morning runs in Florida! This smoothie looks fabulous, great pics and flavor combo! Beverages for me have been wine (j/k … not really), breakfast smoothies, and tons of water.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 11, 2011 at 11:58 am

I really enjoyed the last glass of red wine that I had. I love red wine … although I have been getting headaches from it lately, even after just one glass.

Joanna — December 11, 2011 at 12:43 pm

A delicious post as usual!

At first glance it looks like that first picture is just a mountain-shaped cookie rather than a stack of them. I was like, I want! Hahaha.

Joanna — December 11, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Oh oops commented on the wrong post, but you know what i meant to do, I’m sure! :)

Charlie Adler — December 13, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Do you ever put booze into your drinks? Sorry, I’m a food and drink specialist – love your food photos – oh, and I’m a Yogi too – Cheers!

Maria — May 14, 2012 at 12:32 pm

I would love to feature you and this recipe is an upcoming crazysexylife.com newsletter. We just need your permission. You can e-mail me at maria@crazysexywellness.com. Thanks!