Thursday Things

Time for a few Thursday Things.  A few eye-catching and noteworthy items this week include:

1. A reminder to save your coupons for BB & B.  They never expire.  Even though there is typically an expiration date printed on them, they really don’t expire.  Save and hoard them like gold.  Or use them for holiday gift purchases.

2. Have questions about copyrighted images?  You need to read this post.

Think you can just snag images from Google Images and post them on your website or blog because they were out there so they’re fair game and free for the taking?

Wrong.  Think again.

Or possibly get sued.

4. Chefs with food-related tattoos

And I thought I had love for Kitchen Aid Stand Mixers.  He’s got me beat.

5. My Sonicare toothbrush.  I love it.

When I recently went to BB & B before our trip, I wasn’t only there to stock up on kitchen gadgets I didn’t need or hoard mini donut pans.

I actually needed to replace my 8 year old Sonicare with this new one.

The motor was giving up the ghost on the old one, but I used it daily for 8 years.  No complaints with its longevity and I believe it helps keep me cavity-free.  I’ve never had one.

Plus, between my 20% off coupon and a $30 manufacturer’s mail-in rebate, it was basically 50% off the normal retail price.  Can’t beat that.

6. Cupcake Measuring Spoons.  I need (not want) these.

7. I was featured in the first issue of Foodie Crush Magazine.

The magazine is wonderful collection of recipes, stories and overall fabulous-ness put together by Heidi, with contributing posts, recipes, and stories by so many of my favorite bloggers.

My White Chocolate Cookies & Cream Fudge is featured on page 44

8. Subscribe now for Free to FoodieCrush.  You’ll be happy you did.

9. The winner of the Superfoods & Superfruits Giveaway is:

Lauren @ Lawfully Wedded WifeDecember 6, 2011 at 12:45 pm

“I DEFINITELY believe! I would love to try the Acai vitamin chews!”

Congrats, Lauren!

10. White Chocolate Vanilla Peanut Butter Puppy Chow is a Thursday Thing.  And a Friday Thing.

However, I doubt it will last long enough to become a weekend thing with Scott and Skylar frequently dipping into the stash, too.

Have you seen any things lately that have you excited?  Either for the holidays and gifts or just ‘everyday’ things?

Any fun holiday recipes, tips, or products…What are your things?

39 Responses to “Thursday Things”

Sara — December 8, 2011 at 12:13 pm

No way! How did you find out about the coupons! There have been so many times I don’t even show one because the date is expired!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — December 8th, 2011 at 12:31 pm

common knowledge to me but every single time I mention it, people tell me in droves that its new to them…such as yourself. glad this helped!

Heather (Where's the Beach) — December 8, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Awesome – congrats on the magazine. I love that you need those measuring spoons ;-) I think you do too!

Amanda — December 8, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Congrats on the being featured in a magazine!!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — December 8, 2011 at 1:00 pm

I hoard those BB&B coupons like it’s my job. I just used one that was expired by 1.5 years. They totally don’t care. I also used to use Linens N things ones (before they went out of business) b/c they’d honor those too.
    Congrats on the feature! I only flipped through the mag briefly, I’ll have to go back and check out the whole thing.

Kat — December 8, 2011 at 1:12 pm

you can also use BB&B coupons at Buy Buy Baby, but not expired ones! with the coupon, most things are even cheaper than Amazon. hello new jogging stroller :)

Have you seen Duff (from Ace of Cakes) with his whisk tattoo? very fun :)

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — December 8th, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Im out of the BBBaby phase but that’s good info! 20% off a BOB stroller or similar…is huge!

lauren@spicedplate — December 8, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Oh, that artichoke tattoo is lovely! And congrats on the magazine feature! It looks great!

Alexa @ Simple Eats — December 8, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Congrats on being featured in the magazine…it reminded me to make that fudge, it looks fantastic!

tweal — December 8, 2011 at 1:56 pm

I love those little measuring spoons! Just yesterday I saw some really cute gingerbread ones in Pier 1, but they didn’t seem sturdy at all. More decoration I guess….but I still wanted them so bad. I resisted though.

Congrats on being featured in the magazine – pretty cool stuff. I still have to make that fudge. It looks so good.

Christine (The Raw Project) — December 8, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Great list! I’ve been drooling over lots of things lately, kitchen toys, new sheets, etc. but I also need to save money for a new car soon. Sigh. :-)

I tend to stick with simpler raw, snack foods for holiday gatherings, dessert balls, kale chips, fruit salads, and dips.

Bev Weidner — December 8, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I JUST saw those spoons in FL last weekend!

Kaitlyn@TheTieDyeFiles — December 8, 2011 at 3:21 pm

That mixer tattoo is spectacular. Congrats on your feature! And thanks for the toothbrush review. I’m a major dental hygiene freak and I’ve been wanting one forever, I’m glad it’s awesome!

Christine — December 8, 2011 at 3:22 pm

I’ve been researching the BB&B coupons thing. It seems that not every store accepts expired coupons. Select stores take them at the store manager’s discretion, so you have to ask someone at the store in your area.

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — December 8th, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Ive never heard of any in MN, IL, or CA that don’t take the expired ones (the states I’ve tried them in) but of course it’s good to keep in mind. In San Diego, they actually tell you, oh save your expired ones..we take them!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — December 8, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Congrats for being in Food Crush magazine. What a wonderful job they did on the magazine. I love it!! Don’t you love the Bed Bath and Beyond coupons? I have a stack of them in my purse. Better Homes and Gardens have them in there magazine too!!

Kris | iheartwellness.com — December 8, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I need those measuring spoons!!!!! OMG, I need them!!

YAYYYYY!!! Your fudge look amazing in the mag! You’re so successful my friend, I adore you!

xxoo

marla — December 8, 2011 at 7:51 pm

So funny those BBB coupons. I head there every few years with what feels like 100′s of coupons.
    Isn’t Foodiecrush amazing! That Miss. Heidi is so dang talented. Glad to be in the mag with you :) xo

Katie — December 8, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I have some coupons from like 2009 or something. They don’t even look at the dates. Probably because they send them to you about 8 times a week when they get your address, so what do they care.

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco — December 8, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Congrats on the feauture, Lovely!

Aren’t Sonicars great? I got mine when I got my barces five years ago and it still works like a charm. Great investment. ;)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 8, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Foodie Crush magazine!!!!??? Cool!!!!!! I wish it was in print and not just online.

Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl — December 8, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Love the artichoke tat. That is cool. Foodie Crush looks great!

And I over heard the manager telling a customer the other day, at BBB, that the magazine/hard print coupons never expire, but the online ones do. So beware.

Have fun with your Ganz measuring spoons when you get them. I love mine!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — December 8th, 2011 at 10:44 pm

I wish I had the Ganz like you do…I need to order them when we get home from Aruba!

Sally @ Spontaneous Hausfrau — December 9, 2011 at 5:29 am

Congrats on your feature in Foodie Crush mag! Those cupcake measuring spoons would make adorable little photo props. Just think of it as an investment ;)

Amber K — December 9, 2011 at 11:50 am

Wow that copyright article was so interesting! I didn’t know most of that stuff and it’s so good to know!

Christin@purplebirdblog — December 9, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I totally want to get a jar of peanut butter tattooed on me somewhere. :)

Julie @ Table for Two — January 15, 2012 at 8:40 am

my BBB here must be really stingy because they don’t allow us to use expired ones. they specifically point out the date to us and is like “we can’t accept this”..it’s really such BS because I know a lot of other BBB’s (like ones near my parent’s house) that accept it. but they live 45 minutes away so i’m not goin to drive there but it’s such crap! lol