Time for a few Thursday Things. A few eye-catching items and general ramblings from this week include:
1. Joy’s Bite-Sized Baked Brie on a stick. Oh Lordy, come to mama. Good thing it’s far too hot in Aruba to run an oven. And that puffed pastry probably doesn’t exist in the freezer case here. Heck, it’s hard enough getting fresh lettuce, or I’d be all over these.
I’d like to make Joy’s brie with cranberry orange ginger mango chutney in the middle.
And channel my inner Matt since Joy used sticks.
On a Stick! is one of the most fun cookbooks I’ve ever read.
2. Let’s talk about sand. It belongs at the beach, period.
There is nothing worse than finding part of the beach all over my floors. Which then ends up in my bed. Not good.
3. Laundry detergent is even more over-priced in Aruba than it is in the States. Who only uses one cap-full for one load? Certainly not I.
Just like I like to dump a lot of stuff into the Double Chocolate Caramel Corn & Cocoa Rice Krispies Candy Bars, I like to dump a lot of soap into the laundry.
My theory is more is better when it comes to both chocolate chips and laundry soap.
4. Speaking of laundry, if you need a quickie, for your laundry of course, pop into the Quickie Lickie in Aruba.
Fabulous name, no?
5. We also seem to go through a ridiculous amount of Kleenex and I do mean the Kleenex brand, not just tissues. I buy brown or gray boxes with white Kleenex but I got tricked and bought a brown box but it has tan Kleenex inside. Probably because I can’t read the labeling. Brown Kleenex feel a little dirty to me.
I just had a flashback to Pink Kleenex, circa 1984, my Grandma’s bathroom. Did your Grandma have pink Kleenex?
Or maybe Blue Kleenex in the bottom of her purse, full of lint and purse sand for good measure.
Feeling like I haven’t missed a second of everyone’s holiday parties, cookie baking extravaganzas, cute kid and dog pictures and their lives in general back in the States while I’ve been gone has been great.
Sometimes it’s nice to unplug. Sometimes it’s not.
8. You may want to enter the 30 Day Home Fitness Program Giveaway if you’ve been enjoying those holiday parties and treats in real life rather than just the cyber or Instagram version of simply gawking at them.
9. If you enjoy combining booze and sweets, I recommend these cookies this weekend. Or any time.
10. And I fully recommend the Creamy Cookie Butter White Chocolate Banana Smoothie
I gave optional suggestions in the recipe for enhancing it. Marshmallow-flavored vodka perhaps? It would get the weekend (my weekend) off to a good start. To each her own, of course.
Have you seen any things lately that have you excited? Either for the holidays and gifts or just ‘everyday’ things?
Any fun holiday recipes, tips, products, parties, events your attending, family celebrations for the holidays…What are your things?
Winner of the 30 Day Home Fitness Program Giveaway announced tomorrow