Twas The Day After Christmas

‘Twas the Day After Christmas here in Aruba.

And it’s been another spectacular one.

We have been blessed with the best weather of our trip the past couple days and I am so grateful.

I actually have a recipe post coming up next.  It’s been three days but it feels like ages but I figured with Christmas Eve and Christmas, why bother typing when everyone is with their families and unplugged anyway.

So if you’re tired of me droning on about the blue skies and palm trees in Aruba…

And turquoise water…

And sandy beaches…

You’re in luck with the next post.

Cookie butter spread (i.e. Biscoff Spread or TJ’s Speculoos Spread) recipe, coming at ya.

But for now, a family walk to savor the last bits of paradise.

And Skylar got her hair braided today, too!  She loves getting braids.

More cute hair pictures….later.  It’s walking time now.

How was your Monday?

Did you return any gifts?  Or score any deals at the stores with day-after-Christmas sales?

28 Responses to “Twas The Day After Christmas”

Heather (Where's the Beach) — December 26, 2011 at 12:09 pm

I could never get tired of blue skies & water and sand. No returns for me and no shopping either. Avoiding that chaos.

kathleen @ the daily crumb — December 26, 2011 at 12:26 pm

beautiful! we are back in cold chicago… missing the beaches + warm weather.

you will never guess what santa brought me… THE lens! now i just need to figure out how to use it :)

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — December 26, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Just got back from the outlets. It was complete chaos and insanity but I got a bunch of great steals including 5 things from lululemon for $100! So happy to live near a lulu outlet :)
    Skylar’s face in that braid picture is so cute!

Erin @ Living and Loving in L.A. — December 26, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Hi Averie!
    Merry Christmas! Skylar looks so cute getting her hair braided, and I’m so jealous of your amazing weather in Aruba! What a great way to spend the holidays with your family.
    Hope all is well, and hope to see much more of you in the new year!
    Xo,
    Erin

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — December 26, 2011 at 2:13 pm

omg SO pretty! I am so jealous! Happy holidays my friend!

Gillian — December 26, 2011 at 2:31 pm

My Monday has been 100% lazy (besides a quick 2 mile lazy day walk/run) and I am 100% okay with that :) Will probably have to get some shopping in at some point this week, but trying to stay away from the insanity for as long as possible. PS- Skylar is adorable!

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free — December 26, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I wish I had a little time to go shopping, but it is back to work for me! I am enjoying the beautiful outdoors like you, though! Hip hip hoorah!

melissa — December 26, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Averie-

Love reading your blog! Could never get sick of the photos! As a matter of fact, I just made it my screen saver!

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes — December 26, 2011 at 3:14 pm

I had a bunch of returns to do today but none of them were Christmas related. All the stores were empty though!

katie @ KatieDid — December 26, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Aw I bet Skylar was psyched about her hair. I remember those great pictures from the last time you were in Aruba too!
    I stayed far away from malls and the like today. Ate lots of salads. didn’t drink any wine (yet) and rested a bunch! Perfect after christmas day for me.

Healthy Juicer — December 26, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I went to the outlet mall and bought clothes and a purse. Such great deals! Did some returns as well and ate leftovers. No cooking for me today.

lindsay — December 26, 2011 at 4:36 pm

oh skylar is just a blonde beach bomb! watch out! hehe.

No shopping returns here. thank goodness!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — December 26th, 2011 at 4:51 pm

if you saw her in person, between the hair, the blue eyes that she bats, the long legs that makes her look 8 when she’s 4….yeah, we have trouble on our hands :)

Kristi @lifesprinkles.com — December 26, 2011 at 6:48 pm

so jealous! the water looks incredible, hope you’re having the best time :)

Katie — December 26, 2011 at 9:56 pm

I scored some deal and did some returns. I went really early this morning with my future sister in law to beat the crowds. I got a few foodie items and some new Nike running shorts that I love, and tons of crafting stuff AND a great new belt. As it turns out I forgot to pack a belt and my jeans were falling off me all day yesterday. Good thing I was wearing a sweater dress over them, because there would have been some Brittney Spears moments otherwise.

Nathalie — December 27, 2011 at 1:13 am

Haha, I could never get tired of your paradise shots!
    We had a very quiet and relaxed Monday. No dashing to the shops or anything, I conciously avoided all craziness this holiday season :-)
    Your little princess is so adorable! She is such a pretty girl, and I cannot believe she’s only 4 years old!? Her hair is sooo long! Love the braids- and she always looks so happy and cheerful :-)
    x

Notyet100 — December 27, 2011 at 2:00 am

:) luv the sea pics,…

Deborah — December 27, 2011 at 7:13 am

Seriously – you are killing me with these photos!!

Amber K — December 27, 2011 at 10:18 am

I went to the mall to catch the day after Christmas sales. I love taking my Christmas money and getting the most for it. My husband got some more cheese and stuff from Hickory Farms (which means I get strawberry candies!) And we bought calendars for the new year half off. It was way more packed than usual, probably due to the fact that a lot of people had yesterday off too. But it’s all fun. We also watched two more Christmas movies. Guess I’m not quite ready for the holiday to be over!

I don’t think I’d be patient enough to have my hair braided, it’s crazy that Skylar has more patience than me, lol!

Christine (The Raw Project) — December 27, 2011 at 10:55 am

Gorgeous pics, glad it was a wonderful day for you. I had the day off work and needed it to clean, run errands, and get ready for another work week after all the holiday activities.

MasPublicHealth — December 27, 2011 at 12:30 pm

I can’t get over those unreal pics!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — December 28, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Nope, didn’t return any gifts.

The braids are really pretty :-)