Pretty Sky

It was an absolutely gorgeous day in San Diego today.  Almost 80F degrees in January and not a cloud in the sky.

One of those days that makes me happy to be alive and thankful to live here.

Here was the sky at dusk with the crescent moon in the center of the frame and a star to the left of it.

Both pictures were taken with my iPhone.

Although the skies were lovely today, I am also posting this post as a test to see if Google Reader wants to cooperate and pick up this feed.

It didn’t seem to like my previous post, Thursday Things, where I ironically discussed my love for where I live, and today’s weather reinforced that.

I just got the dinner dishes done and now it’s time for dessert.

What did the sky look like in your area today?

Have a great night and if this feed showed up in your Google Reader and you want to let me know that, I’m curious to hear about it.

Last chance to enter the Chobani Yogurt Giveaway

42 Responses to “Pretty Sky”

Tracey — January 26, 2012 at 7:07 pm

I’m jealous, it was rainy and cold here today! Your post popped up in my Feed :)

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — January 26th, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Thanks for telling me and it just showed up in mine, too.

I guess it just didn’t like Thursdays. Or Thursday Things :)

Paula — January 26, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Gray skies, rain/sleet/drizzle, 32-35 deg. Ick! But, winter isn’t my favorite season, so I’ll take it rather than ice, snow and sub zero temps for this time of year. It could always be worse!

Maureen — January 26, 2012 at 7:23 pm

You showed up in my Feed. What a gorgeous day in San Diego!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — January 26, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Yep, showed up in my feed. It was cloudy then snowy and now rainy here today. Blah :(

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — January 26th, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Thanks for LMK the feed showed & I truly hope you get back to Fla one day; I know you loved it!

• Cat @Breakfast to Bed replied: — January 27th, 2012 at 10:36 am

same 50 mi south. gray, rainy, but positively balmy at 55 F.

Katie — January 26, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Showed up for me!!

And it was beyond gorgeous in CO today, too. I went running in shorts and a t-shirt!

Marina — January 26, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Sowed up for me too.
    Morning was gray and rainy, and later sun came up. But not as gorgeous as SD.

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries — January 26, 2012 at 8:21 pm

it worked in my reader! ;) and i’m also super jealous of those beautiful skies… it was quite dreary and gray here today!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — January 26, 2012 at 8:59 pm

It was sunny hear today!!!!!!! It made me quite happy :-)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — January 26, 2012 at 8:59 pm

It was sunny here today!!!!!!! It made me quite happy :-)

Deborah — January 26, 2012 at 10:25 pm

This post showed up, but it looks like the Thursday Things post didn’t. That’s kind of strange…

Weather here was rainy and cold. I’m ready for summer!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — January 27th, 2012 at 2:18 am

Same for me, strange. But true. I don’t get computers and technology!

And thanks for voting!!

Crystal @ Tea Leaves and Vanilla — January 26, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Hey, my moon looked like yours (duh) but the bright star/planet was underneath it, not to the left! It is such a clear night. So beautiful. :)

(btw I live in BC, Canada in case you were interested in my different sky!)

Kathryn — January 27, 2012 at 12:42 am

Yup, this post was in my reader although Thursday Things is still nowhere to be seen!

Angela / Canned Time — January 27, 2012 at 4:10 am

Beautiful pictures as always, thanks for sharing. It helps get me through the cold rain here!

Cat — January 27, 2012 at 4:35 am

It was gray & drizzling where I’m at, but thankfully unseasonably warm (high 50′s). I’m pretty sure that star in your picture is Venus. I can’t believe your iPhone took such a pretty picture!

dragonmamma/naomi — January 27, 2012 at 5:12 am

We had the same gorgeous sky. That star is Venus, by the way.
    Another loverly day predicted for today.

Heather (Where's the Beach) — January 27, 2012 at 5:31 am

Yesterday and last night it was completely cloudy and dreary. Definitely couldn’t see the stars or blue skies. Today we should finally see sunshine and blue skies though. It’ll be a sight for sore eyes that’s for sure. I guess having gray days definitely makes you appreciate the pretty ones that much more.

Amy Dowell — January 27, 2012 at 5:57 am

Lovely photos!

Meesh — January 27, 2012 at 7:00 am

The sky isn’t so pretty here – we have a snowstorm going on! But it’s a snowday for me so I’m okay with it! Totally jealous of your weather right now :P

Anna @ On Anna's Plate — January 27, 2012 at 7:01 am

Ohhhh man, we had rain ALL day yesterday. I’m jealous!!!

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite — January 27, 2012 at 7:24 am

unfortunately, the sky in New York is gray and dismal today. It’s pouring rain and miserable. Oh and it’s 60 degrees. You would think this would be a good thing, but to be honest, I would love to get a nice, big snowstorm! And 60 degrees just isn’t going to make that happen…

happy friday!

Kris | iheartwellness.com — January 27, 2012 at 8:01 am

Hey Gorgeous!! WOW, what a gorgeous day…..

We had sun yesterday {WOOT} and now back to cloudy…boooo!! After we were in 80 degree weather in Miami last week, Ryan and I agreed that we’re going to move south for a few months before we’re tied down to anything here, like kids and a house…time to pack up our stuff into storage and either hit South Beach or San Diego!! Our hearts live in both places ;)

xxoo

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — January 27th, 2012 at 11:02 am

That’s a fabulous plan. You will love this idea even more in 10 years when you look back on it and realize how much freedom you had and that you’re glad you did what you did…so, do it! :)

Erin — January 27, 2012 at 10:17 am

What gorgeous weather! I have been loving the 50′s we have been getting in Colorado, but today it got cold :(

Amber K — January 27, 2012 at 11:26 am

I don’t use google reader, so I can’t help you on that front. The weather is actually pretty nice here. A couple of mild days with only a little rain has been a great break from winter.

Char @ www.charskitchen.ca — January 27, 2012 at 11:44 am

Beautiful sky pictures! I’m always amazed by the photos my iPhone can take. Your photos are always breathtaking, though. I’m still practicing!

As far as I know, all of your posts show up in my Google Reader. That’s weird.
    Anyway, thank you for taking the time to comment on little blogs :) I know it’s time-consuming for you & you can’t do it all the time, but it’s one of the things I really appreciate about you! xo

vanillasugarblog — January 27, 2012 at 3:39 pm

oh girl you have no idea how much I love that 1st photo.
    we’ve a lot of rain here and my winter blues are kicking in
    this cali girl needs to be back home.
    so far my winter blues were not too rough but all of a sudden, with all this rain.
    keep those sunny pics coming!
    xoxo!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — January 28th, 2012 at 3:18 am

Girlie I can’t even imagine leaving CA and being transported to where you are now…Hang in there. I grew up in MN and then Chicago and could never, ever handle a cold and dark winter. I know how LONG they are. Just means you should come to San Diego and visit me :)

xo

Nathalie — January 28, 2012 at 1:43 am

Gorgeous bright and sunny skies today…but temperatures only in the low 40sF. Definitely no palm trees and exotic flowers to be seen around here right now :-(
    Lovely photos!

Lynn — January 29, 2012 at 9:44 am

Averie all of your posts show up in my Google reader! Love your blog!