Weekend List

What’s on your to-do list this weekend?

Mine includes some kitchen time…

I’ll be taking this out for a spin.

I’m not sure what I’m making yet.

I have so many recipes bookmarked, pinned, ideas emailed to myself, and notes scribbled on flour-stained scraps of paper lining my kitchen drawers that I don’t even know where to begin.

I am thinking I’d like to use puff pastry.

It’s been calling out to me from the freezer: usemeinsomething, makesomethingwithme.

I’m thinking of making apple tortes with it.

Sliced apples tossed with cinnamon, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla for starters and a few more ingredients.

And then baking it all up.

I know that it will make my house will smell so good from the cinnamon and sugar, apples, and the smell of baking bread.

I may not even need to buy another overpriced but oh-so-delicious smelling Yankee candle.  I love these candles.

I just need to start cooking and let some sweet smells from baking projects waft through the air.

Ever since I made the Avocado, Cream Cheese, and Salsa-Stuffed Puff Pastries, I can’t stop thinking about what I’m going to puff with next.

Other items on my weekend list include errands to run, grocery shopping, laundry to catch up on, dust bunnies in the corners of the living room to remove, and dirty showers to clean.

I can hardly wait.

I need to gather some energy for all the fun I’ll be having.

Maybe from one of these Baked Cinnamon Bun Donuts with Vanilla Cream Cheese Glaze

They make your house smell fabulous, too.

If you don’t have a donut pan, you can make them as muffins.  They taste so close to Cinnabons from the mall that they’re a bit dangerous but that’s okay.  They’re good energy for all your weekend chores.

What’s on your to-do list this weekend?

Thanks for the Cascadian Farm Cereal Giveaway entries

36 Responses to “Weekend List”

Angela / Canned Time — January 21, 2012 at 3:52 am

I’m trying out my package of Lucuma Powder today. Trying to recipes: White Chocolate candies http://www.navitasnaturals.com/recipes/lucuma/lucuma-white-chocolate-candies.html and some shortbread cookies. I haven’t used it before to sweeten but I’ve read some good reviews so we’ll see.

Paula — January 21, 2012 at 4:09 am

We got a decent snowfall here in the Midwest and it is 13 degrees this am so it’s a good day to putter around in the kitchen and bake something (nutella or PB brownies). I also have some coconut milk and a butternut squash begging to be transformed into soup. I may even get the dehydrator going too just for the extra warmth!!

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — January 21, 2012 at 4:15 am

We had an ice storm last night so looks like I’m stuck in the house (with an extra eleven 13 yr old girls, who are stranded here as well from a party)!!! Help me. :)

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — January 21, 2012 at 4:33 am

I love those candles too! Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

J @ ... semplicemente j ... — January 21, 2012 at 5:20 am

I see a lot of resting in my horizon … I have been working non-stop so resting sure sounds nice … it is cold and rainy, but I still of to gather myself and do some returns (which I hate doing) … have a great baking weekend …

shannonmarie (rawdorable) — January 21, 2012 at 5:32 am

I bet your house does smell delicious. I used to love Yankee candles, but have stopped using candles altogether with Hayden around for fear should burn down the house.

Haven’t used my Kitchen Aid mixer in a while either. I would give it a workout years ago when I would make homemade bagels all the time. Now it gathers dust, or gets pulled out for the occasional baked cupcake (a rarity in this house).

Your donuts look mighty tasty. If only you had “smell-a-bloggin.”

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — January 21, 2012 at 5:32 am

I love yankee candles – the ones that smell like food are the best in my opinion!!

marla — January 21, 2012 at 5:41 am

Hey!
    Looks like a fun weekend you have planned! Sending you an email now about photography portfolio questions :)

Emily @ The Swallow Flies — January 21, 2012 at 6:06 am

I’m starting the weekend off right with a crazy-hard bootcamp class, followed by a delicious brunch and errands with friends. It should be a nice, relatively relaxing couple of days!

katie @ KatieDid — January 21, 2012 at 6:27 am

I was supposed to be traveling for a skating competition but we decided this morning not to go due to weather. I think I’ll be hunkering down with movies, friends, and homework for a couple days!

Luv What You Do — January 21, 2012 at 6:37 am

The first thing on my to do list is making breakfast…I’m thinking some pumpkin oatmeal. Then, I have quite the list of errands. Some boring (picking up contacts) and some exciting (trip to Whole Foods).

For the weekend, my goal is to spruce up the blog a little bit. It is time for a new background!

Happy Baking!
    Ps I am definitely adding the pink mixer to my wish list and I really want the KA ice cream bowl.

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — January 21st, 2012 at 10:24 am

Well it’s not really ‘essential’ to have a fancy mixer (I had done everything by hand til just recently!) but it is fun to have one if you have the space to store it and the budget :)

Bev Weidner — January 21, 2012 at 6:53 am

Those taaaaartsssss……!

Heather (Where's the Beach) — January 21, 2012 at 7:04 am

Oh wow, I think I need that candle in my life! What a fantastic flavor/scent. Today we need to hit the gym then grocery store and then it’s on to some housework. About to start some bigger projects. May need to pick up some alcohol LOL

Marina — January 21, 2012 at 7:10 am

Goooood question, I haven’t thought this far yet :) Workout on my list (heading out to the gym), and a little yoga later. After that…? Oh, good idea, I’ll bake something too… My KA mixes has been standing in the corner for a week, being really bored, probably… :)

Kareen EatingRight — January 21, 2012 at 10:02 am

Ooo! Somehow I missed the avocado puffed pastry delight! Looking forward to you’re creating this weekend. I’m going to be in the kitchen too – in fact I’m making your Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

Deborah — January 21, 2012 at 10:30 am

I would love to be baking today. It’s cold and windy outside – a perfect day for baking, but unfortunately, I get to spend my day unpacking. (If I can get off of the computer, that is! I’m trying to catch up on my Google reader!!)

Amber K — January 21, 2012 at 11:13 am

Girl’s night tonight is my only weekend plan. And then recovery tomorrow? Lol no, we shouldn’t be going that crazy. But I’m still excited! We usually hang Friday nights but it was my niece’s winter concert. So weird to see her up on stage singing with her class! I still want to hold her in my arms like she’s little. She may be eight, but I still did it last night. She didn’t seem to mind :)

I can’t wait to see what you bake up!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — January 21, 2012 at 11:25 am

Your weekend to-do list sounds much more exciting than mine. I am working at the university all day on my thesis – boooooooring! Hehe. Luckily I have a bridal shower to attend tonight to give me a bit of a break. It won’t be a long evening though, as I will be back to the thesis work tomorrow morning.

Mary Lynne — January 21, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I’m the same way with collecting recipes and cooking ideas. I’m probably bordering on hoarding recipes! One of these days I’m going to go through them and actually make something!

Katie — January 21, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Work. As per usual.

Find a place that isn’t closed to get my oil changed. Try to not die in the cold weather. And I’ll probably be shoveling tomorrow too. Do I sound excited? I’m not. ;)

heather — January 21, 2012 at 4:27 pm

OH, those puffs look divine!

I too suffer from the want and need to buy overpriced delicious smelling candles. Good to know I’m not alone! :)

xo

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — January 21st, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Thanks, Heather, and what looks divine is every time I go to Amazon, I see your book about to come out. May 1!! If there’s any promotional help, spreading the word, or helping you in any way, holla baby! I’m here to help :)

Rachel — January 21, 2012 at 4:51 pm

1) boot camp
    2) farmers market
    3) working on my new blog http://fitnessandfoodsf.com

thanks for sharing all your wonderful recipes!

Pure2raw twins — January 21, 2012 at 4:59 pm

did some wedding stuff today with Gary and hopefully tomorrow Michelle and I will get in the kitchen ;)

Ellen — January 21, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Work is mostly the plan for me! An audition, a writing deadline, and cleaning.
    I look forward to taking a break to read about how that tart shapes up:)

Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry — January 21, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I bet your kitchen smells wonderful! Baking with apples and cinnamon is a sure bet for an amazing dessert.

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — January 21, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I can’t wait to see what your going to make next! My weekend to do list was done, which was picking up dog food, going to Target and guess what I bought there? Peanut Butter Cheerios and Strawberry Cake Mix, I was thinking of you!! And of course my weekend visit to Trader Joe’s, where I spent way to much! So tomorrow I’ll be baking, maybe making some bread and who know what else? Have a great Sunday!

this fit chick — January 22, 2012 at 2:22 am

Ive got a busy weekend!1 babysitting today all day– ahh! LOVe those donuts!

Christine (The Raw Project) — January 23, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Lots of recipe inspiration here, yum! My to do was not too exciting for the weekend with laundry, shopping, running, and relaxing.

Workout Planner — March 25, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Nice article! Great post about Weekend List! You put a nice twist to it. Nice work Averie.