25 Super Bowl Party Recipes

I’m not watching the Superbowl and I am thrilled about that.  Nor am I throwing a party.

I have a hot date with some old friends.

I wish I was going to someone’s house who had all kinds of great food made so I could just graze and sample, without doing any of the work involved in cooking or in doing all those dirty party dishes.  Attending parties, rather than throwing them, has huge benefit: You get to eat without the work.

If you happen to be throwing a party and need any recipe ideas, here’s 25:

Savory Sides & Entrees

Cheesy Taco Casserole (Gluten Free with Vegan option)

Spicy Baked Black Beans with Vegetables

Caribbean Citrus Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Cheater’s Guacamole

4-Ingredient Hummus (Vegan, GF)

Vegan Crockpot Chili

Spinach & Artichoke Dip (Fat Free, Vegan)

Vegan Sloppy Joe’s (Gluten Free, Soy Free)

Salsa Verde Pepperjack Tofu (Microwave, Vegan, Gluten Free)

Avocado, Cream Cheese and Salsa-Stuffed Puff Pastry

Easy, Crowd-Pleasing Sweets

Bars, Blondies, & Brownies

Caramel Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars (GF with Vegan adaptation)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Squares (No-Bake, Vegan, GF)

Magic Eight Bars

Nutella & Peanut Butter Graham Bars with Chocolate Frosting (No Bake)

Peanut Butter Cocoa Krispies Smores Bars

White Chocolate Blondies with Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting

Fudgy Nutella Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting

Easy Cookies

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

Dark Rum Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookies with PB Cups & PB M&M’s

Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

Peanut Butter Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Snickers Bar Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

White Chocolate Snickerdoodle Cookies

Ages ago I put together a Game Day Recipes post, complete with savory recipes, soups, chili, dips, and more (many of which I’ve forgotten about because it’s been so long since I’ve made some of those savory recipes)

And if you want some serious, hardcore Super Bowl Recipe browsing, may I suggest these posts:

Jessica – 25 Recipes That Should Be On Your Super Bowl Menu

Maria – 46 Super Bowl Recipes for Super Bowl XLVI

Michelle – 75 Super Bowl Recipes for Super Bowl XLVI

Sarah – 25 Vegan Recipes for Your Super Bowl Party

Hungry Yet?

What are your Superbowl Plans?

I plan to be walking around the mall, going for a run, doing yoga, cooking, taking pictures, flossing my teeth, cleaning my closet, doing underwater basket-weaving or something along those lines.  I can guarantee with absolute certainty that I will not be watching the game.

Do you have anything you’re excited to make (or to eat at someone else’s house because you know they’re making something fabulous)?

If I was going to a party, one party food I love is Spinach and Artichoke Dip.  A friend of ours in Aruba makes the most fabulous spinach and artichoke dip for Christmas parties.  I love it so much, and one year I ate about three pounds worth of spinach and cream cheese and sour cream at a happy hour party and then went nighttime Scuba diving.  Word to the wise, 60 feet under, pressurization, and a belly full of spinach do not mix, but her dip is good I can’t help myself.

Happy Game Watching & Happy Eating!

52 Responses to “25 Super Bowl Party Recipes”

Maria — February 1, 2012 at 8:29 am

Great round up! I am hungry now and ready for Sunday:) Thanks for linking to our round up! xoxo

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free — February 1, 2012 at 8:44 am

Yes I am hungry, you’re making me drool! :P

I’m not really a fan of football, so I probably will skip the game. I have some shopping to do, so maybe I will go to the mall with you!

Brooke — February 1, 2012 at 8:47 am

Super yum! I’m waiting for the year you actually decide to throw a HUGE super bowl party :)

Don’t hold my breath, right?

Brooke

Christine (The Raw Project) — February 1, 2012 at 8:50 am

Great Superbowl inspiration here, thanks! I still am not sure what we’re doing either, maybe getting together with family. When we lived near Orlando, it was a great day for a theme park. :-)

Heather (Where's the Beach) — February 1, 2012 at 8:51 am

No bowl plans for me. I think shopping sounds like a far better idea ;-) Some great recipe ideas though. Should throw a party just for an excuse to make food LOL

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 1st, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Yeah sometimes the main reason to throw a party is to make food you just want a bite or two of but end up with tons…you can pawn it off that way so you can sample lots of different things. I mean, I love dips but I don’t make 4 kinds of dips on a random Tuesday for just the 3 of us, ya know :)

Anna @ The Guiltless Life — February 1, 2012 at 9:02 am

You’ve got my stomach growling with those recipes. I want you to throw a party so I can come and enjoy all of these!

I’m not going to a Superbowl party either – I don’t know anyone up here in Canada throwing one! I might check in for the halftime show though (we don’t even get most of the good commercials here in Canada so there’s no point in trying to watch those either!)

I’m planning for an Oscar watching party though – more my deal. So I’ll save some of these recipes – those beans and veg look awesome, as does the guac!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 1st, 2012 at 2:04 pm

An Oscar party would be more my speed…or any party someone else wants to host/cook for/clean up :)

Tracy — February 1, 2012 at 9:35 am

Haha, have fun visiting your friends! ;-) I think may be making your no-bake chocolate peanut butter oat squares. They look easy and fabulous!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 1st, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Yes they are super easy. They’re almost fudge-like with oats in them and so fast…LMK if you make them.

Krissy's Creations — February 1, 2012 at 9:58 am

I spy Fashion Valley :). GREAT round up! All of these would be great for Superbowl Sunday.

Amber K — February 1, 2012 at 10:20 am

I’ll be watching with my husband and best friend and a couple of her kids. I plan on making a couple of dips and I just to make sure I have chips and veggies. Other than that, we don’t really go all out. I watch every year for the commercials, and because I think if I watch it enough times, I might actually figure out what in the heck is going on. lol

Paula — February 1, 2012 at 10:40 am

No superbowl party for me either!!! Shopping and otherwise relaxing sounds enjoyable. And, since I love to play in the kitchen, there’s no reason I couldn’t make a couple of the above recipes. I definitely need to try the fudgy PB s’mores bars and the French toast sweet potato sticks. Thanks for the recipe round up in super bowl style. I remember seeing some of those in earlier posts that I had forgotten about.

Bev Weidner — February 1, 2012 at 10:51 am

I WANT IT ALL.

katie @ KatieDid — February 1, 2012 at 11:19 am

I want the puff pastries the most of all those recipes! I will be making a buffalo chicken dip I think and watching the game with a bunch of friends. I don’t follow football or even love it but any excuse for a party right!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 1st, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I dont even eat chicken and Ive seen the most amazing chicken dips this year in roundups. I bet yours is great.

Anna @ On Anna's Plate — February 1, 2012 at 11:40 am

Haha…I’m definitely in favor of shopping over Superbowl-watching :-) We probably won’t watch it either!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 1st, 2012 at 2:00 pm

you should do exactly what you want to b/c you’re on borrowed time before you won’t be sleeping and will be nursing round the clock :)

J @ ... semplicemente j ... — February 1, 2012 at 12:00 pm

I will not be watching the Superbowl, probably making some sort of sweet for the girls to take to their respective SB parties …

Felicia (Natural + Balanced) — February 1, 2012 at 1:14 pm

flossing your teeth and basket weaving hahhahaha

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 1st, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Thanks for laughing at my jokes. I write this stuff when I’m feeling punchy sometimes. Lol

Katie — February 1, 2012 at 1:18 pm

2nd day you’ve shown those white chocolate snickerdoodles and the second day I’ve slapped my forehead for forgetting to buy white chocolate chips. Another trip to the store? Probably worth it.

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 1st, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Well you can make them without the white choc chips, I bet they’d be tasty with butterscotch chips if you have those laying around. See I have butterscotch, white choc, dark (3 kinds/sizes), PB chips, toffee bits….yeah, I have a bakery supply store in my cabinets :)

JulieD — February 1, 2012 at 2:10 pm

The Avocado, Cream Cheese, and Salsa-Stuffed Puff Pastries looks amazing!! I have no super bowl plans right now…I need to put a menu together! :)

Emily (Edible Psychology) — February 1, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I really wish you were throwing a party and that I could come! I could happily sit through watching two teams I don’t care about with all of these snacks – they all look amazing. Instead, I will be watching the first part (before it gets too late here) mostly for the commercials and a taste of the US!

Happy shopping!

~Emily~

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 1st, 2012 at 2:20 pm

The ONLY way I could sit thru football is with copious amounts of booze. Or dessert :)

Katie — February 1, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Hi,
    Just wanted to tell you I love your new picture~ Your apron is so cute and you look stunning!
    I also wanted to tell you I pray someday you’ll put out a cookbook because I have made 25+ of your recipes and I love them all. I suppose I could print them all out and put them in a binder, but I think your recipes and your photography would make a great book.
    Katie

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 1st, 2012 at 2:20 pm

From your mouth to God’s ears, my friend.

THANK YOU for this comment and for the encouragement and for reading and for making so many things and for the compliments. This comment means so much to me. Thank you!!!!!

xo

Kelly @ Vegolosophy — February 1, 2012 at 4:47 pm

mmmm everything looks great and would be an awesome party dish!!! :)

vanillasugarblog — February 1, 2012 at 5:08 pm

LOL you have a hot date with Neiman Marcus?
    Girl i do love you.
    When I move back we are so hooking up!

Deirdre @ Ladies Holiday — February 1, 2012 at 5:36 pm

I think I could easily dupe a roomful of beer-swigging burger-eating football fans with all those recipes (maybe except the tofu!) Or at least intoxicate them with the cookies. mmm….cookies.

Jocelyn — February 1, 2012 at 9:12 pm

What an awesome round up of treats…of course all I want right now is some sort of brownie bar:-)

Deborah — February 1, 2012 at 9:36 pm

I’m sure we’ll have the super bowl on, but I’m not that into the football. But I am into eating the food!!

Laura @ She Eats Well — February 1, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Oh ok. It’s official. I am drooling…

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — February 2, 2012 at 6:58 am

I don’t think I’m watching the game either, it will e a normal Sunday for me! But do plan on cooking some stuff and all your recipes look great! I’m still planning on making htose sweet potatoe fries, yum!

Laurie — February 2, 2012 at 8:58 am

A recipe compilation! Wow ~ thanks! It is also so good to see Fashion Valley from here in dead-mall-landia, Alabama. Anything decent, well, it’s a trip to Tennessee for me. Our home in SD is just seven miles east of FV, so it’s good to see my old go-to mall. I miss it so! Have a wonderful weekend in America’s Finest City.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — February 2, 2012 at 8:49 pm

OMG, all of that looks sooooooo good!!! The super bowl isn’t that big in Canada … our thing is the Grey Cup, so we probably won’t be making anything for it. But … I might just make some goodies anyway!

mjskit — February 3, 2012 at 9:14 am

I love all of these, but you really caught my interest with the sweet potatoes! Going to have to give those a go!

Katherine Martinelli — February 3, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Yum!! Thanks for sharing all these great recipes, and for linking up at my blog hop :-) I also won’t be watching the super bowl, but still love the food!

Renee — February 3, 2012 at 6:37 pm

I will be watching the game and cooking up some yummy food! I think I am going to try the spinach dip, looks awesome!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 3rd, 2012 at 9:56 pm

report back if you make it and lmk what you think! :)

• Renee replied: — February 5th, 2012 at 6:09 pm

I made the spinach & artichoke dip and it was awesome! I have tried a couple of different spinach & artichoke dip recipes that I have not been thrilled with. I think is defiantly my fav!! I used pepper jack cheese and white cheddar with it.
        I also made the Spicy Black Beans with vegetables and Cheesy Taco Bake!! All delicious!!!!! We had a great dinner and will defiantly be making these again!! Thanks for providing all these yummy recipes!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 5th, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Glad you like the dip, the spicy black beans, and the cheesy taco casserole…wow, that’s so awesome you made all of those! Thanks for reading, for making them, and I love the ‘field reports’ and that my dip recipe is your recent fave. I’m flattered :)